ProHEALTH Medical Management Employee Reviews

Blizzard days
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJanuary 4, 2018
ProHealth expects employees to be at work during snow storms. They do not care about the safety of their staff. It’s all about the money for them. The office is always short staffed. A lot of the staff is very disinterested because ProHealth has no incentives. More work and minimal raises. I received $.19 cents. Yes, that is pennies not dollars. This is not a culture I recommend. ProHealth never makes you feel good about yourself. Never have time for a lunch break because there is never any coverage for your position
Pros
Cons
Low wages, expensive health insurance when our parent company is OptumRX a part of United Health Insurance.
Great place work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYDecember 2, 2017
Working at ProHEALTH has provided me so many opportunities for learning and development. Being a working mom, I need work life balance, and that is just what I have. It’s face paced, but it is also very collaborative. We are always sharing ideas and working together to find better wats to do what we do. Love working here!
Cut throat
Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 17, 2017
Over all I gained experience in posting however, this company was very quick to hire people with no medical experience and then left them go after a few weeks. The supervisor of the billing department was not helpful at all. Attitude during one on one meetings & always finding something to write people up. I would defiantly NOT recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
cant leave your seat
I love working at ProHEALTH
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYOctober 23, 2017
ProHEALTH is a growing company with employees all over NYC and Long Island. I love the team I work with and my job is very rewarding. Where else can you work with people you care about and help people at the same time!
They do not give you a chance to learn their way of doing things
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 12, 2017
They should really give you a chance to learn their procedures. Management is very lazy and you must learn things on your own. Other employees talk about others including management and very clicky.
Pros
I can't think of anything good to say about this company
Cons
The management is very lazy
Glad I joined
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJuly 17, 2017
I am really happy to be working at ProHEALTH-everyone is really nice, I enjoy helping people and feel like I am appreciated for the hard work I put in.
Pros
great time off, really nice people, management cares
Cons
benefits are expensive
Don't waste your time
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
Management does not care if you're treated poorly, HR ignores all complaints, worse health benefits, don't expect to get a decent raise, you're lucky if they give you a raise every year, can't move up in the company, most doctors are spoiled and rude, they'll make you do several jobs and never give you a pay raise.
Cons
Horrible raises, worst benefits, over work you
billing for an oncologist and follow up on a/r
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYMay 31, 2017
I had a very good experience with ProHealth, I learned a great deal of information . A typical day at work would consist of billing and working on the accounts receivable.
don't waste your talent
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 27, 2017
This would be a nice place to work except the manager is a controlling person with minimal management experience. All my co-workers are unhappy with how she runs the establishment. It is very stressful to work with someone who is not realistic. The staff is immature and all they do is talk about their co-workers. This a place to just pass through it definitely isn't a place where you can start a career. The is no room for growth or raises. Very low salaries.
Pros
food and cofee
Cons
director & supervisors
Great Place to Work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYApril 25, 2017
Excellent culture and work life balance. In the time I have been here, I have been given many opportunities to learn and grow within the company. My work environment is energetic and my coworkers are enthusiastic and friendly.
self learning
Technical Support Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Typical day: Answering phone calls, closing tickets, installing hardware, provide training.

Learned: Self-Educated

Management: Needs improvement!

Co-Workers: Delightful group to work with

Hardest part of the job: receiving paychecks (missing hours)

Most enjoyable part of job: I love technology! i cant wait to see whats next in the digital age.
Pros
Healthcare Information
Cons
Missing hours on paychecks with no reason.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProHEALTH Medical Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6