Project Concern International Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Senior Manager Finance and Administration/Director (Former Employee) –  Khulna/MonroviaJuly 11, 2017
PCI management are not much concerned on donor fund that secured for poor people, PCI, has spent 80% of donor money for salary and other management cost.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2017
After seven years of employment, I believe Project Concern is a rewarding place of employment. The culture is great and the experience is wonderful. An overall great place to work.
Wonderful organization with warm supportive staff.
(PCI) - International Office Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2016
I really loved working for PCI and their positive and supportive culture.

Typical day would include managing cash via bank downloads, keeping on top of changes to indirect cost calculation (IDC). Month-end preparation by recording deferred revenue/receivable by consolidating all 16 countries income statements.

The team of 10 accounts worked quite well together. I loved having other accountants available to learn from and share my knowledge with.

The hardest part of the position was the quick turn around from end of month to closing. Every step of the close depended on another position doing their part quickly and correctly. We had to deal with accounts in foreign countries turning in reports on time and then grant accountants reconciling the countries numbers before my position could close out each countries Income Statement and then close the international office's (IO) financials.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Heavy workload.
able to balance my work and family life
Disaster Risk Management Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Balaka district in MalawiOctober 13, 2015
Project Concern International's mission is to prevent disease, improve community health and promote sustainable development worldwide
Exciting and supportive work environment-company with a huge heart!
Management (Former Employee) –  AfricaOctober 9, 2015
It has been my pleasure and honor to work with PCI. They are a mid-sized NGO with few job opportunities world wide. The management is supportive and responsive,.