Project For Pride In Living Employee Reviews in United States

work hours good
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2015
Not much opportunity for advancement but nice place to start out in your career
Flexible work hours
Good benefits, nice vacation time
Pros
opportunities to volunteer for other programs or events
Cons
advancement
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2014
This is an equal housing provider and as most non profits the people were awesome to work with. The pay was poor. Health benefits were great. Vacation and time off was great. It had is basic problems of little money and a lot of work, but did well with what it had to work with.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Fun workplace with great diversity and respect
Public Policy Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2014
Idea sharing and open communication; partnership management with committed coworkers; a balance work environment with diverse ideas for growth; funding was always a challenge, but the passion of coworkers made everyday a beautiful day.
No Accountability for Management
teacher (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisJuly 19, 2013
I worked for a year at one of PPL's schools. I loved to work with the students and my colleagues were great. Unfortunately, management was not. Time and again we were told to do one thing by the director and then she would change her mind without explanation. We were only observed once during the year, and while the school had a strict "zero tolerance" policy for drugs, gangs, and foul language, some students got away with everything and my predecessor had three seasons of "Gangland" in our video cabinet, which he showed on a weekly basis.
Teaching conditions were not ideal, with only plastic folding doors separating our classrooms. When I suggested that it might be a good idea to find a solution that would allow for better sound-proofing, the director said that this was not really a problem. (It was, especially during testing.)
At the end of the year, out of a total of seven newly hired teachers, only three remained. I was not offered a new contract, since "there were observations made that I did not get along with my students." I don't know who made the observations, but my students were very upset when they found out I would not be back. In terms of teacher turnover, that was actually a good year for the school. The manager who supervised the schools for PPL knew about the problems, but he had no backbone and would not do anything about it.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
management was not held accountable
Fun workplace, engaging, freedom to try new things
ABE VOLUNTEER TUTOR COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 8, 2013
I tutored adults and it was very rewarding. I still keep in touch with them. I would still be at this job if I hadn't been hired only as a temp. The worst thing about PPL is that they don't have enough job openings!
I also think they should put their offices on-site of their housing for greater ease of residents, since people never remembered when we were going to have programs.
Pros
decent pay, flexibility, positive workplace, fun people, challenging
Cons
not enough jobs! too many americorps positions and no real ones.
Important nonprofit doing important work.
Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2012
I valued the time I spent as an intern at PPL. I was inspired by their mission and the work they did in the community. I also think this internship helped me further develop my skills and increase my confidence level.
A great learning experience with children
Homework Power Hour Facilitator (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 5, 2014
I volunteer for Project in Pride for Living. I work with a group of children ages 5-17 on homework, extended projects, college applications, and moral support with there education.
productive and fun place to work
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  New Hope, MNDecember 10, 2012
a typical work day is very good. work at own pace while the job is done.
Pros
free scholarship for kids
Cons
shorts breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Project For Pride In Living. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4