Project HOME Employee Reviews in United States

Family friendly environment with food for the needy
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2015
Fun and desirable workplace with beautiful and efficient customer service. Greeted with a smile at the door. Not only was providing people with the best care and assistance was a thrill, but the people that you connect with from all walks of life, different cultures, backgrounds, and up bringing. The thing i love about the job was doing a satisfaction for a client ans solving their problems.
Pros
free coffee, networking with people, work hours where flexible
Cons
short program was only 6 months
I enjoy the women that i work with
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 30, 2015
a typical day at work is very busy. Love the ladies that I work with. my co- workers are the best. Management I couldn't ask for a better supervisor or manager. the best part of my job is seeing the ladies succeed. The hardest part of my job is having to 302 the ladies for what ever reason..
Pros
learning something new everyday.
Cons
no breaks
family mentor
Family Mentor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 26, 2014
great supportive team environment, but unfortunately not much room for advancing within company. This is a wonderful agency to get your beginning first few years experience in the field and then move on to another agency that has opportunities for advancement. I loved this job so much with how you were able to help mothers & children to better themselves. But unfortunately, the budget didn't allow any of us to get any raises or be able to move up in the agency, unless your already in management. At least management would try their best to support you. We had basic health & financial compensation package.
Pros
great team support, very fulfilling work
Cons
low pay, not many opportunities for advancement
Productive and learning experience
Supportive Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2014
Helps you to become more grateful and stop taking things in life for grantic a typical day depends on the residents if they are going to follow the rules or do what they want the hardest part of the just is when you see residents that did not succeed in the program because they choose it the enjoyable part of the job is seeing the the guys get jobs and housing and become independent livers
Cons
expeirence with different types of people
I personal believe that recovery is possible for anyone that has the desire to embrace recovery in order to find a new way to live. I have extensive e
Substitute Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, paMarch 28, 2014
I'm productive and hard working, funt to work with.
Assisting residents with activities for daily living
Pros
health care
Cons
no vaction
Great Place to Work
Case Manager-Hope Haven (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
After only being in Philly for about two years the project home community embraced me and gave me some real on the job training. The agency makes room for all its staff to grow and implement ideas as they see fit with much support for management. The pay isnt that great for the amount of work that is expected, however the agency is aware of budget constraints and offers plenty of paid time off, leave packages and bonuses.
Pros
encouraging leadership, flexible hours, and plenty of job training and supports
Cons
salary
Not a company for its employees
Employee (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaDecember 8, 2013
Project H.O.M.E has a wonderful mission to which they strive to accomplish but at the expense of dogging the employees who are behind the scene. Especially the property management sector. It reminded me more of high school then a work place, lack of unity, poor representation and extreme lack of team work. Which stems from the poor communication from top down management. Employees should feel empowered to make sound decision and constructive criticism should be provided with sufficient training. Too many names turn over at this company for it yet to be well known for its charitable work. That says a lot and not in a good way.
Pros
working with the wonderful residents
Cons
lack of communication from top management, lack of team work, poor employee support
Job Readiness Counselor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2013
Very corporate environment, it is often hard to develop relationships with staff.
Pros
professional
Cons
lacks more direct service
My immediate supervisor micro-managed - and was very critical of her staff, as well as the people we served. This reflected poorly on the agency.
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2012
My immediate supervisor micro-managed - and was very critical of her staff, as well as the people we served. This in turn, reflected poorly on the organization.
Pros
high values, and ideals
Cons
very little accountability for managements actions, or upholding agency ideals.