Project HOPE Employee Reviews in United States

Fun to work with volenteers
Pricer and clothes sorter (Current Employee) –  Dorr, MIMarch 5, 2016
Great place to volunteer! Always happy place. Prices are very good. I love volunteering at this Happy place. The hardest part was lifting the clothing totes over to the sorting table. Pricing clothing was the easiest job ever. I love working with the other volunteers, it was so much fun.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Its a good place to get a hot meal, shower, haircut and option to go to church.
Kitchen helper and server. (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 25, 2016
To be grateful for what you have. Enjoyed helping out the less fortunate. People working together in harmony for a good cause. Its not always easy dealing with the homeless.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch.
Cons
Dealing with homeless people and there mind set.
Amazingly Rewarding
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYApril 2, 2013
I arrive at the office at 8:30 my team meets to discuss the days assignments which change almost daily. My partner and I discusss stragey or the best techniques to use on the target person or group for the day.We arrive at site whether it's a home, school, shelter,church and we assess the need of person or group of people we offer counseling and referrals. when session is over we completed paperwork and case notes and proceed to the next client.The hardest part of the job is the traveling from location to location and the age range we service. I enjoy being a source of hope for those that feel hopeless.My co-worker and I are a great team.
very productive and had fun working kids
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2012
I had a wonderful experience working with all ages of kids. I learned about Health and Fitness how to eat right.The managment and my co-workers were amazing.The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a smile on those kids faces.
Pros
free lunches, health and fitness class, tutoring
Cons
more field trips
International Health (Former Employee) –  Millwood, VAMay 21, 2014
I learned a lot while working at Project HOPE. It was an invaluable opportunity. Management allowed me to have autonomy over my projects which was good. The people were okay, not that much interaction at HQ but the field teams were amazing!
Pros
autonomy and support
Cons
really long commute
Fun place to spend my time with homeless kids.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa anaAugust 10, 2014
Helping with homework, doing projects, being a big friend to all kids.
I took it hard hearing what the kids had to say, or the bad language it made me want to be there for them. My hardest part was leaving them when I graduated and moved out of orange county.
Productive company with very nice people to work with
On-call Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Millwood, VAAugust 20, 2012
a typical day here is wonderful. Answer phones all day and file papers. People may ask you to do different jons here and there but it makesthe time go by faster. I loved it there and the co-workers are amazing.
Pros
pay
Cons
everythings good
gratifying, Fullfilling, fun,
Volunteered as Lead tirage officer (Current Employee) –  VAMay 23, 2014
I served as a lead clinical triage officer, we assessed and treated 5000 population in 7 days. Project Hope partnerships with US navy and US army to provide healthcare services to rural countries.
Loved the kids! This job requires a lot of commitment, patience, and a big heart.
Physical Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 12, 2012