Project HOPE Employee Reviews

Great place to work to complete volunteer hours
Volunteer Clothing retailer (Former Employee) –  Dorr, MIAugust 7, 2017
Working as a volunteer clothing retailer was a relaxed environment. The employees are very nice to everyone and care about the community they are serving.
well
Senior Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 2, 2017
The work environment was to serve others. Which I believed was the core of the work. I believe in serving others, everyone is a customer even when they are less fortunate. Making a change for others is most important for me. Look into the mirror, the change of others begins with you. After many years it was not a job but a mission. I want to keep things happening wherever I am at.
Pros
Impact others
Cons
Layered managemrnt
Duties
Secretary, Director of Development/Poland Program (Former Employee) –  Millwood, VAMarch 5, 2017
Worked for Director of Poland Program receiving mail, answering correspondence, phoning Poland Minister for Director. I found that working for a private institution was not as gratifying to me as working in the educational environment which I had become accustomed to. Therefore, I resigned and returned to LFCC.
The work environment was not very structured or organized and there were slow days of little accomplishment.
Fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hope, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Update information of cases . Supervising the Case Managers it was a great opportunity to increase your knowledge about the community, the towns and the people you were working for.
The hardest part of the job it was to identify the needs of the community in order to fill the forms to keep records.
The most enjoyable part of the job it was to be able to be in different communities every single day.
Pros
Very organized Project
Cons
Not be able to help the community with money
Ok, but understaffed and no supplies.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILDecember 19, 2016
Micro managed. Badly managed. Memo's asking for staff to do Gateway Task and no one ever follows up. Co-worker's call off a lot. The children are the best part of the job.
Pros
Small Family Oriented
Cons
Figuring out program functions still.
An place that feels like home
Direct Relief Staff / Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAAugust 10, 2016
A pleasant place to connect and feel welcome without judgement. An organization that helps families with housing child care even learn skills to find employment as well being able to recieve your GED diploma
Pros
awesome place to be in
Fun to work with volenteers
Pricer and clothes sorter (Current Employee) –  Dorr, MIMarch 5, 2016
Great place to volunteer! Always happy place. Prices are very good. I love volunteering at this Happy place. The hardest part was lifting the clothing totes over to the sorting table. Pricing clothing was the easiest job ever. I love working with the other volunteers, it was so much fun.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Its a good place to get a hot meal, shower, haircut and option to go to church.
Kitchen helper and server. (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 25, 2016
To be grateful for what you have. Enjoyed helping out the less fortunate. People working together in harmony for a good cause. Its not always easy dealing with the homeless.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch.
Cons
Dealing with homeless people and there mind set.
Exciting fast paced workplace full of diversity and talent
Director, Institutional Development (Former Employee) –  Millwood, VAMarch 31, 2015
Helpful HR staff, very talented Senior Leadership with strategic vision, everyone worked hard and had fun at the same time.

Management worked even harder than the staff; excellent work life balance;

The hardest part of the job was the commute to Millwood but the International travel was great. Lots of opportunities to grow job skills and learn new aspects of International Development.

I enjoyed working with such astute colleagues from all over the world.
Pros
Compassionate staff; International exposure to various cultures and practices
Cons
Long commute
Fun place to spend my time with homeless kids.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa anaAugust 10, 2014
Helping with homework, doing projects, being a big friend to all kids.
I took it hard hearing what the kids had to say, or the bad language it made me want to be there for them. My hardest part was leaving them when I graduated and moved out of orange county.
gratifying, Fullfilling, fun,
Volunteered as Lead tirage officer (Current Employee) –  VAMay 23, 2014
I served as a lead clinical triage officer, we assessed and treated 5000 population in 7 days. Project Hope partnerships with US navy and US army to provide healthcare services to rural countries.
International Health (Former Employee) –  Millwood, VAMay 21, 2014
I learned a lot while working at Project HOPE. It was an invaluable opportunity. Management allowed me to have autonomy over my projects which was good. The people were okay, not that much interaction at HQ but the field teams were amazing!
Pros
Autonomy and support
Cons
Really long commute
Amazingly Rewarding
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYApril 2, 2013
I arrive at the office at 8:30 my team meets to discuss the days assignments which change almost daily. My partner and I discusss stragey or the best techniques to use on the target person or group for the day.We arrive at site whether it's a home, school, shelter,church and we assess the need of person or group of people we offer counseling and referrals. when session is over we completed paperwork and case notes and proceed to the next client.The hardest part of the job is the traveling from location to location and the age range we service. I enjoy being a source of hope for those that feel hopeless.My co-worker and I are a great team.
very productive and had fun working kids
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2012
I had a wonderful experience working with all ages of kids. I learned about Health and Fitness how to eat right.The managment and my co-workers were amazing.The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a smile on those kids faces.
Pros
free lunches, health and fitness class, tutoring
Cons
more field trips
Productive company with very nice people to work with
On-call Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Millwood, VAAugust 20, 2012
a typical day here is wonderful. Answer phones all day and file papers. People may ask you to do different jons here and there but it makesthe time go by faster. I loved it there and the co-workers are amazing.
Pros
pay
Cons
everythings good
Loved the kids! This job requires a lot of commitment, patience, and a big heart.
Physical Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 12, 2012