Project Hospitality

Project Hospitality Employer Reviews

Rimar Transporation
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pick up clients from there home and take them to there day program
I learned how to understand them and communicate with each one.....when it is hard for them to try to explain something to me....getting them safety home to there family
watch pet room
Pet Coordinator (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYNovember 30, 2014
make sure pet room is clean n all owners sign in and out of pet room while leaving and coming in
Very dedicated agency for the homeless and with selfless employees.
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYNovember 24, 2014
Pros: i was a real social worker helping people.
Cons: it made me realize how many people need help.
I was a case manager for a transitional housing program. Clients who had completed their treatment and demonstrated through living in 3/4 housing or a long term (18-24 months) program could apply for this program which usually lasted 2 years. Clients also had to have a diagnosis of substance abuse and a psychiatric disorder, both of which had to be under control to qualify for the program. They also had to accept the idea of having a roommate.

As a case manager I had 8 clients that I visited 2 to 3 times a weeks to make sure they kept their apartments clean and that there was food in the refrigerator and that there were no inappropriate beverages (alcohol),

Urine tests were administered at every visit; client was asked about their general well being and if they have been attending their meetings and medical appointments. (I knew if they did before I went, but we had to see if the client was being truthful about his activities).

Paperwork for public assistance, SSI, SSD were also reviewed with clients if they didn't understand the forms. They were responsible for getting themselves to Public Assistance appointments for recertification. This was part of helping them become self-sufficient.

I had a few clients who were illerate, and one that was agoraphobic. These clients required more assistance which I gave them.

It was a job that made me want to be a social worker even more than I did before I started school. It changed my inner feelings about many things and about friends who no longer are my friends.
Productive work place
House Keeping/Porter (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYNovember 12, 2014
I loved working here .Co worker are polite and mangers nice .this is a fun company.
Life teaching experience
Project Hope Outreach Crisis Counselor (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of mainly doing community and residential outreach. The best part of my day was making a connection with clients, and knowing that I've helped with their concerns and needs.
Fun, energetic environment with attentive clients and friendly staff
Youth Consultant (Former Employee), 126 Bennett StreetSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: short hours, can eat lunch while working, constant interaction with youth
I would typically arrive at eleven after the doors had been opened, quickly get clients what they needed for them to do what they needed to do for the day. I answered calls, mostly from individuals interested in our services, and quickly learned how to communicate with and be comfortable answering questions from curious strangers. My fellow staff members were helpful, though they let me handle the most immediate of the clients' needs, which helped me learn how to respond quickly to emergencies. The hardest part of the job was organizing group activities for the clients to participate in where they could both learn and have fun, which was also the best part of my job.
always busy
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), staten island nyAugust 2, 2014
Pros: professional growth
Cons: on call 24 hours a day
manging administrative duties and clinical needs
coworkers are supportive
hard working with disenfranchised pop.
met wonderful clients
Haven of help
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYApril 22, 2014
Learned what it means to find worth in others through the service to the clients. Great staff and structure at the agency. Even though it was tough working with some of the clients, it was all worth it.
Rewarding agency to work for
Residential Manager/Financial Manager (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 11, 2014
Pros: gratifying
I have served the mentally ill, homeless population for the 19 years I have worked for Project Hospitality. Our agency has grown tremendously over the years and have seen many successes. Moving client's into independent living in the community.
Not enough professionals
Senior Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYNovember 18, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no benefits, low salary
I don't recommend this as a place of employment. This is a temp program where we were told the top performers would be retained. The program is coming to a close and a top performer like myself doesn't have any opportunities internally.They were not forthright with me concerning my job status after the temporary assignment was completed.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYNovember 12, 2013
Great Place to work. Enjoyed my position at this employer. Here is where I acquired my degree I would love to continue in this field.
Great place and great people
Executive Coordinator (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYOctober 2, 2013
Project Hospitality is a great place. They believe in their mission and the staff are great team players.
Good place to work with a friendly environment
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJuly 9, 2013
Pros: benefits are attractive
Cons: monetary compensation is below average.
A typical day would be performing bank account analysis, allocation of revenue funds where pertinent, and coordination of the recording of all revenues on a weekly basis.

The importance of teamwork is the most important thing that is learned. I managed to get along with the many co-workers I had over the years who came and went.

The hardest part of the job is when things get hectic and volume of work swamps all of us, making it extra challenging to meet routine deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course when things are light.
Busy work place, also widescreen tv for the clients to watch or play games on their down time.
Youth Coordinator (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 17, 2013
Pros: letting the clients prepare meals
Cons: no benefits
Supervising, and teaching the clients in the Transitional Living Program with everyday living skills/chores, and employability skills in order to prepare them for entry into the work world. Monitoring the clients daily.

Helping the clients to continue their education, and find a job.
A workplace where people care and want to help others
Manager (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 28, 2012
Pros: there is free coffee and water
Cons: not enough time
Thers is always work that needs to be done as soon as you walk in the door. There is never enougfh time to accomplish all the work that needs to get done. Everyday is a continuation of the prior day. We try our best to work as a team and have our own responsibilities. It appears that my responsibilities continue to grow. I enjoy working with MICA population and the management. Management gets along really well. There is a high turn over because the job entales alot with little pay.
Project Hospitality
Case Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYAugust 23, 2012
Pros: great working experience
Cons: no growth in annual salary
I loved the work , and constant client interaction. Working for this agency gave me good experience in the field of psychology. Over all the agency has some issues with HR and don't pay well. There is not room for economic development and Training is not adequate. Over all the principal to help the homeless is a great concept but as an agency internal audits are frequently necessary.
Productive and Rewarding Place to Work For
Admin (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYMarch 22, 2012
Working for Project Hospitality was a great experience. To be able to help those in need of Shelter and Food means a lot to me. Project Hospitality work with all different types of situations and helps our community.