Project Hospitality Employee Reviews

OK Management
Not a lot of training
Great Staff
Decent Pay
The Job was a great place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 5, 2015
The job was great, I was employed there for two years. The co workers were great and the team work. The work hours were great, I had the weekends off. The job was great,
Pros
the co workers
Cons
lomgs work days
Position keeps you on your toes and teaches you so much.
Office Manager/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 24, 2015
Great Agency but underpaid and expects too much from staff. Agency has a great vision but needs to work more on structure.
I enjoy helping people and free lunches
Maintenance worker/ coordinator (Current Employee) –  514 Bay StreetAugust 7, 2015
I like my job very much. I get along well with all employees and supervisors. They describe me as being very diligent, responsible and sensitive to the needs of the homeless. I have a great deal of compassion and respond well to their needs. When I'm at work, I work with a joyful heart. I am always willing to go above and beyond my job description..
Pros
I am pleased to be able to help less fortunate people
Cons
insuffient pay
Educational & fun
Project hospitality - Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work. Learned faxing & filing. Helped prepare food & serve the community, Amazing staff & great management. Easy work environment, no drama & friendly staff.
Pros
free food, fun work environment
Cons
temp job
Great Experience Gained
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 28, 2015
I have developed great communication, organizational, case management, engagement, documentation, data entry, linkage to care and advocacy skills during my employment with PH.
Pros
Developing skills
Cons
Salary
Productive learning enviornemt in the social work field
Intern Case Manager/Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 14, 2015
Dealing with clients with mental diagnoses, is a challenging job. Typical day at work consists of distributing medication, supervising in house clients, serving dinner. What I have learned in is how to identify triggers for clients diagnoses or addictive habits. Co workers are very helpful in teaching different ways to best serve the clients as well as management. Hardest part of my job is subduing arguments between clients and assuring a peaceful outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking individually with clients and helping them confront issues and concerns they may have.
Pros
Hourly Rate
Cons
hours available
A company to learn from and get good skill.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 23, 2015
A company you have to learn to muilt-task. It can be crazy on times dealing with clients and staff. Overall feeling you have to be on your toes and keep good back up on everything you do. Crazy as it can get it's a good company to learn from.
Great!!!
Program Director/Sr. Treating Clinician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 15, 2015
This is an agency where one can learn and grow!! I had the pleasure of working alongside dedicated staff and managed by wonderful supervisors, all willing to nurture and teach by example. For myself, the most enjoyable part of the job was always being to interact with clients. This agency does fantastic work in the Staten Island, NY community. It is a wonderful environment to work in.
It was a pleasure to work there
Social work /Family Monitor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 31, 2015
Awesome company ! Great Staff !
CEO was great to me. Room for growth and improvement with company. Salary is life supporting as well.
Good agency
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 31, 2015
A client centered agency that is very motivated to support client goals and empower the entire community of Staten Island.
Productive and Caring Work Place
Admin (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Was able to help the homeless and also do administrative work. Was pleased to be able to help people with their struggles and set them in the right direction in life.
Rimar Transporation
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pick up clients from there home and take them to there day program
I learned how to understand them and communicate with each one.....when it is hard for them to try to explain something to me....getting them safety home to there family
watch pet room
Pet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 30, 2014
make sure pet room is clean n all owners sign in and out of pet room while leaving and coming in
Very dedicated agency for the homeless and with selfless employees.
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 24, 2014
I was a case manager for a transitional housing program. Clients who had completed their treatment and demonstrated through living in 3/4 housing or a long term (18-24 months) program could apply for this program which usually lasted 2 years. Clients also had to have a diagnosis of substance abuse and a psychiatric disorder, both of which had to be under control to qualify for the program. They also had to accept the idea of having a roommate.

As a case manager I had 8 clients that I visited 2 to 3 times a weeks to make sure they kept their apartments clean and that there was food in the refrigerator and that there were no inappropriate beverages (alcohol),

Urine tests were administered at every visit; client was asked about their general well being and if they have been attending their meetings and medical appointments. (I knew if they did before I went, but we had to see if the client was being truthful about his activities).

Paperwork for public assistance, SSI, SSD were also reviewed with clients if they didn't understand the forms. They were responsible for getting themselves to Public Assistance appointments for recertification. This was part of helping them become self-sufficient.

I had a few clients who were illerate, and one that was agoraphobic. These clients required more assistance which I gave them.

It was a job that made me want to be a social worker even more than I did before I started school. It changed my inner feelings about many things and about friends who no longer are my friends.
Pros
i was a real social worker helping people.
Cons
it made me realize how many people need help.
Productive work place
House Keeping/Porter (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 12, 2014
I loved working here .Co worker are polite and mangers nice .this is a fun company.
Life teaching experience
Project Hope Outreach Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of mainly doing community and residential outreach. The best part of my day was making a connection with clients, and knowing that I've helped with their concerns and needs.
Fun, energetic environment with attentive clients and friendly staff
Youth Consultant (Former Employee) –  126 Bennett StreetSeptember 7, 2014
I would typically arrive at eleven after the doors had been opened, quickly get clients what they needed for them to do what they needed to do for the day. I answered calls, mostly from individuals interested in our services, and quickly learned how to communicate with and be comfortable answering questions from curious strangers. My fellow staff members were helpful, though they let me handle the most immediate of the clients' needs, which helped me learn how to respond quickly to emergencies. The hardest part of the job was organizing group activities for the clients to participate in where they could both learn and have fun, which was also the best part of my job.
Pros
short hours, can eat lunch while working, constant interaction with youth
always busy
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  staten island nyAugust 2, 2014
manging administrative duties and clinical needs
coworkers are supportive
hard working with disenfranchised pop.
met wonderful clients
Pros
professional growth
Cons
on call 24 hours a day
Haven of help
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 22, 2014
Learned what it means to find worth in others through the service to the clients. Great staff and structure at the agency. Even though it was tough working with some of the clients, it was all worth it.

4.2