Project Lead The Way (PLTW), Inc. is the leading provider of rigorous and innovative STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education curricular programs used in elementary, middle schools and high schools in the US. PLTW was recently recognized by the Social Impact Exchange as one of the top 100 organizations in the US providing high-impact solutions to America’s most pressing problems. PLTW is also ranked 3rd on the Best Places to Work in Indiana list for mid-size organizations. PLTW is nationally recognized by Change the Equation (CTEq) as one of just four high-quality STEM programs that are immediately scalable on a national level. Of the four programs selected, PLTW is the only in-school STEM curricular program for elementary, middle, and high school students and the only program offering a comprehensive professional development model for teachers. As a national non-profit organization, PLTW’s comprehensive curriculum has been collaboratively designed by PLTW teachers, university educators, engineering and biomedical professionals, and school administrators to promote critical thinking, creativity, innovation and real-world problem solving skills in students. PLTW’s world-class, activity-, project-, and problem-based curriculum and high-quality teacher professional development model, combined with an engaged network of educators and corporate partners, help students develop the skills needed to succeed in our global economy. More than 5,200 schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia are currently offering PLTW courses to their students. For more information, visit www.pltw.org. PLTW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
PLTW is currently seeking a Business Analyst to join its highly collaborative team of professionals! The Business Analyst (BA) will collaborate with business functional areas, project management and IT staff to research, analyze and document business and system requirements. The BA must be experienced in business process management and be able to interpret business requirements, spearhead requirements understanding sessions and then closely support developers during development iterations. The incumbent must be comfortable working in an Agile development environment.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Build and maintain relationships between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Researching and elaborating user stories. Document business rules, create wireframes, and create process flows diagrams supporting user stories.
- Work with the team Scrum Master to ensure the team is working toward the appropriate goals for the business at all times.
- Work with the Scrum Product Owner to manage the product backlog, develop user stories, process diagrams, and other models to clarify the desired solutions.
- Consolidate ideas and feedback from multiple business stakeholders and serve as the single authoritative source for product direction for the development team.
- Work within the development team to implement, test, and deliver the defined solutions.
- Communicate with and train stakeholders to ensure successful adoption of defined solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or related field of study,
Certification in Agile/Scrum preferred
- 5 years of related experience with at least 3 years of experience performing business analysis for web-based applications.
- Demonstrated experience in leading requirements gathering and writing formal requirements documentation.
- Very strong technical skills coupled with business intelligence and a deep understanding of customer's needs so that they can be transformed into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to analyze and define processes of business both “To Be” and “As Is.”
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing departmental strategies
- Experience with Scrum (or other agile methodology) is highly preferred.
- Experience performing business process re-engineering and transformations.
- Proficiency with JIRA, Confluence and Microsoft Office products including Visio and Project.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations in support of recommendations.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills required with the ability to work and communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Ability
- Strong Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- Team Player
To be considered for this position, you must complete an online application by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:
Indeed - 6 months ago