Project Renewal Employee Reviews in United States

Client Oriented
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Overall working for Project Renewal was rewarding. If success of others is a passion of yours you should really give them a try. Compensating was not the best but was not the worst either.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
salary
great environment good pay
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
great company a lot of hours and over time available benefits are good room for quick growth this was the best company i ever worked for.
Company puts safety of employee's last
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2015
Manager was killed by Patient recently. When I worked there shelters were left dangerously under staff. Good managers were fired. Poor Managers promoted. Departments at constant state of war with each other. Organization was being run by suboxone salesman
Social Services for homeless
Database Administrator & Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2016
Project Renewal provides services for the greater NYC area homeless to assist in getting clients back on their feet. Various types of services are provided including housing, medical care, mental health, addiction services, counseling, job assistance, re-entry from incarceration programs designed to get clients back on their feet.
Working
Driver/Medical Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2016
Working has always been a need of mine. i love working with people and get along with almost everyone very well. I work very hard and am always on time. Often people tell me they can rely on my 100% without worrying if my task will get done. I see everything to the end and love doing my best.
team work environment
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  8 east 3rd street newyork, nyNovember 24, 2015
long hours. always busy and alert. paperwork and intake. data entry. team works together.hardest part is communication with different clients.
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 8, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management . Its a great place to work. It is family oriented.. The environment is great.
fun
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
working at yankee stadium was a cool experience i got to meet a lot of wonderful people make great money and seeing the games for free
Its a fun loving company to work for and the administration cares about their employees
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
Communicated clients activities with the operations team, searched all visitors and clients belongings upon entering facility. Did room and floor runs, and made fire runs throughout one shift.
Benefits
Cons
At times can be very hectic, due too the stability of clients that vary from many different walks of life.
clients mental health
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Weekly progress note, Treatment plan one on session with clients of the program, Running groups insuring the clients safety..
Constant Gossip CHAIN
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
Your GOAL every day is to get your clients housing. Working in a shelter you learn everything from how to answer your phone to how to facilitate a group. Due to gossip all through the building from the top to the bottom, it would be very hard at times to focus. the hardest part of working in a shelter is feeling like your day was spent unproductive. Helping people who really want it, is payment in its self.
Pros
Make your own time schedule
Cons
Gossip
Fun work place sometimes
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2015
I did not stay long at Staples because the work I was putting out was not complimented or regconized, but I did learn new skills.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
short breaks
Great work place with staff and clients on outdoor events
Medical Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
The clients are the best thing about coming to work, it makes u realize how much u want to help other people in need.. overall the staff is great and the management is very professional. The hardest part is that everyone isn't there for help right away, but u still have to do your job at the highest level possible. Coming to work knowing that you tried to help everyone that came across your path..
Pros
going to work everyday
Cons
thinking u didn't do enough for everybody in need
love this work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GASeptember 12, 2015
very interesting Place to work. I really enjoy each and every moment that I am working here. I love the people that work here.
Great tenants
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Harlem. NYAugust 17, 2015
Great Coworkers, Tenants are very friendly. Their are 2 desk clerks on every shift. I work from 12am to 8am 5 days per week off on sat-sunday. The work location is great
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Need higher income
Productive work enviroment helping others to be sucessful in their process
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2012
A typical day at work would include positive reinforcement to the clients. What I learned is that life happens and you can work hard to get back what you lost. Management was good, coworkers wre good. The most difficult part of the job was seeing clients give up, but the most enjoyable part of the job was the sucess of the clients.
ok
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYMarch 12, 2015
project renewal was also a great place for me to work I learned some good people skills there . the management was not very helpful they didn't teach the staff what they needed to complete the job they were asking from us.
The staff are as crazy as the consumers
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  NYCNovember 20, 2011
The supervisors and staff are crazy. Everyone shouts at each other constantly and this is supposed to be the norm. As a salaried worker, you are not paid overtime. They are supposed to give you back some time but they will never bring it up to you, and your coworkers complain about time spent there but then put in free OT on evenings and weekends. They will work you there and there is so much to do that it is impossible to meet deadlines. Then the supervisor will meet with you and ask why you haven't completed everything. Expect fieldwork even if there is snow up to your knees outside. They abuse the fact that people are desperate for job security and use you like a factory worker. If you like these conditions, click on the link and apply.

Comment – January 6, 2013

I agree. You are absolutely right.

good place to work
overall laboror (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2015
A good place to work,I learned grounds keeping ,how maintain small engines.My co-workers were easy to get along.I often took on more work than I had to and found myself overwhelmed I like working with my hands I like to make things look nice it gives me a good feeling.
Pros
good health benifits
Cons
short breaks
nice quiet place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAMarch 9, 2015
there is nothing to write i am no longer employed with them and my time there was short it was good pay for what you do on your shift
Pros
good pay
Cons
no benefits