Project Renewal

Project Renewal Employer Reviews

Productive learning environment
Residential Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
This job was a very productive job. I also enjoyed assisting the homeless individuals.
Productive, Non Profit Organization
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 16, 2013
The hardest part of the job is the clients. It's also the most enjoyable to know that I'm a part of helping with giving the clients some stability in their day to day routines.
Good Place to work if you stayed out of office politics
Nurse-Long Term Temp Assignment SRO/MICA (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
Pros: wonderful clinical team
Cons: too much office politics, office drama
I enjoyed my time there, I was essential to the clinical team as I was the Nurse. I love that that the company promoted sobriety and independence. Especially because most of the clients were formally homeless, suffered with mental illness and or substance abuse. Their mission is a great one!
Project Renewal is a unique place to work for .
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2013
Skills: Computer Applications, Data Entry: (Awards & IMA Systems). Trainings: Motivational Interviewing for Dual Diagnosis Capability in Addiction /Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment & Cultural Competency. I possess the ability to work independently in the field of rehabilitation, service delivery, with DHS population, ACT Team and Mobile Crisis Unit. – more... I am Bilingual with excellent diverse interpersonal and strong leadership skills in supervision. – less
Hard work but pleasant atmosphere
Custodian (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2013
Typical Day at work consists of me cleaning and replenishing the staff bathrooms and offices. Also keeping up with the client pantries and laundry rooms.
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits
I have gained alot of work experience working for this company as well as having gained a new a respect for the less fortunate in our communitites.
excellent work place that will propel you to a management position
Program Director, the Clinton Residence Program (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 30, 2013
Porject renewal is an excellent work place that embraces the grow of its work force.
Restoring Balance
Case Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
Project Renewal is a leading agency in addressing homlessness within New York City. As such you are meeting adults of all ages who are in dire need of a helping hand to return to being a productive member of society.
Easy and Calm Employment
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2013
My place of employment is a very calm and steady enviroment. My co-workers are very productive and we communicate great. A typical day involves me doing daily runs to check each floor to make sure it is safe and secure. My supervisor is understaning and kind; he works with your schedule especially if you are a student.
this company has a lot of turn overs so its hard to be stable there.
Case/ Residential Aide (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2013
Working with the public you have to encounter all kinds of people and personalities. It helps you to be patient and understanding because you never know what a person is going through.
Communicated with diverse group of men who lost there home.
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 12, 2013
Pros: a lot of opportunities to advance
Sign in, find out what position or role you play for the shift. I learned to type and enter data. Supervisor was very helpful and manager was hard to reach. If the co-workers were teamed up by shift and very competitive. I brought out the best in all of us. The hardest part was seeing a good client go. The enjoyable part was the lesson learned.
Good clients there,but could use better management.
RESIDENTIAL AIDE (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2013
Pros: the experience of working outside of my comfort zone and i'm grateful for that.
Cons: the management was very unprofessional.
I worked the metal detector and hand wand,also would patrol the floors and work the front desk when needed.
Worst organization every
Counselor (Former Employee), NyJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: good for experience only
I was a counselor for this organization. I enjoyed working with the clients. The staff never seen eye to eye which made my experience a bad one. Work with this organization at your own risk seriously
Family Oriented
Residential Apartment Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2013
They believe in people first, they not only serve their clients but also help employees. Opportunities for advancement. They encourage you to work smart not hard
Enjoyed working with clients
Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 18, 2012
Pros: clients
Cons: not enough hours in a day
A typical day consist of meeting with clients to update ILP's, make referrals, address disciplinary issues, and any other issues that arose over the night. I learned that trauma can affect people in very various ways and to different degrees of severity. I have learned that in the social service field not even managers can do away with human responses. – more... The hardest part of the job is to want something for a client more than the client wants it for himself. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing clients move out into their own apartment. – less
days were pretty much the same while busy
Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: working closely with the clients
Cons: always having some watching over me
as a Case Manager I was either working with the client, or on the file. I would also run groups on different topics which would help the client cope with the different things they were going through. The hardest part of the job was not letting the clients stories affect personally. The most enjoyable was having a success story
Nice place to work but...
Recreational Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2012
Some people can be unprofessional at times but overall good place to work
A Wonderful Community Based Organization
AP Assistant/Fiscal Admin Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2012
They really care about the community. So many have been helped through the various programs.
Different experience
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2012
Pros: communication
Cons: overnights
It was a different experience working with ex convicts...Taking urine samples and drawing blood..just interacting with the people made the situation interesting.
training intern ship
Internship site (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
assisted chef and sous chef with breakfast and lunch preparation corporate dining facilities
sliced, diced, and grated fruits and vegetables for soups, salads and cooked entrees
daily assembled station and display for service

About Project Renewal

Project Renewal's mission is to end the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with – Read more

Project Renewal Photos