Project Renewal Employee Reviews

Detox
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
This company allows you to think independently. Although this company runs an out pt detox the clients are on the unit 24/7. The nurses are the main medical staff there and help to make final decisions. Great experience to think on your own.
Hard working atmosphere as it was a shelter but the work was enjoyable
Hands-on Building Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2017
The atmosphere was hard as it was a shelter for 315 women.But it was a good experience for me to run the building as I was also responsible for all repairs in building such as painting,plastering,plumbing,carpentry,electrical as well as running and making repairs on boiler and ac systems and having contractors come in to make heavy repairs.Between running the building,making repairs and responsible for 6 cleaners in building it was non stop
good place to work in
Residential Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2017
Staff cares about their clients and people they serve. work late only when needed, personal life is respected. good benefits, descent pay and room for advancement.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can be stressful
Very good
Supportive Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 25, 2017
Its a very good company. I would recommend people to sign up for employment. you must have a drivers licence. The professionalism is quite good. Project renewal has very good benefits
Review of working as Care Coordinator at Project Renewal.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
Care Coordination can be challenging with high caseloads and strict deadlines to get all of the paperwork in. Traveling to clients between boroughs can be difficult also. The job is challenging but we have supports in place that allow for the challenges. Supervisors and Directors are good and continue to assist as needed.
Pros
personal laptop, phone and wifi stick to assist with connecting to resources in the community
Cons
Long commutes and tedious paperwork.
Flexible and stable
Case Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
This job is good to pursue other projects such as your masters since it is a stable job and you make your own schedule. Company culture is adequate and it is as much work as you make it to be.
Pros
flexible, stable
Cons
compensation
Challenging
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Demanding environment for minimum wage. There is a potential for violence everyday which requires excellent decision making skills.
Pros
Good health package
Cons
Lack of financial incintive.
Used to be a positive and fun place, with "teamwork" and caring supervisory staff....
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  448 West 48th street, New York, NYFebruary 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Project Renewal for most of my 17years there because I enjoyed the rewards of helping my clients to reach the goals that they set for themselves. I was drawn to that job from the first day I interviewed there because of the teamwork I saw right from the start and the goals of the company "renewing lives and reclaiming hope", for clients and staff alike. It was fun to be able to add creativity to job assignments in ways that benefited the clients, such as field trips to teach them basic life skills. Overall, my experience there was a positive and happy one, in which I gained much experience working with mentally ill/ homeless population.
Pros
Staff lunches and other recreations to help staff to unwind
very fullfilling interacting with the clients
Residential Aide Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
a typical day at work consists of interracting with the clients and maintaining a safe work environment. I learned how to impathize and take a look at a situation in another mans shoes. the hardest part of the job is not being to help people more.
Productive and just relaxed working involvement
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 24, 2017
The people you work with isn't the problem, its just the clients that may be a problem with the working situation having to chatter to there needs and habits before having to proceed with the cleaning in my opinion.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Cleaning up after people who have know worrys about their knowledge of right or wrong.
I learned a lot from this company.
PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT/HR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I learned from this company; payroll, ADP software, Reportsmith and Etime software, completion of employment verification forms, verification letters report
Pros
I learned a lot about Payroll and the software used
Cons
Horrible pay, long hours without pay, Unorganized and understaffed
Can be a productive workplace if employees talked to clients in a well mannered tone
Program Aide/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day consists of making 15 minutes intervals to ensure safety. I've learned you cannot be compassionate, top management doesn't engage with clients like they should. the co workers were less caring of the needs of the clients. The hardest part of the job was detaining clients that were in altercations. The best part of the job was the rapport with clients where they had an understanding of rules, regulations, and what's expected of them in order to be housed.
Pros
Ability to have a rapport with clients.
Cons
Resident Aides are disrecpectful to clients.
A good company with a lot of potential
Program Director/Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
The ideology of the company is great, but the leadership is in question. There is a problem when there are 7 different program directors for 1 location in a 4 year time frame. There should be more staff retention, or better leadership.
Pros
Excellant ideology for an agency. A needed public service.
Cons
Horrible staff retention at Fletcher Residence. 7 Directors in 4 years
Challenging Environment, Great Experience
CLINICAL CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2016
This is a great place to start, and gain a lot of great experience. Nevertheless, learn everything you can learn about the providing services to the clients and of the shelter system, and MOVE ON.

Don't get trapped in the daily drama of the staff around you, because you will be surrounded by pettiness, foolishness, gossiping, at times unfair treatment and unprofessional-ism: it does not matter.

Management many times will appear under-qualified to be part of the upper administration (and some really are under-qualified), but again learn whatever you can, such as which management skills you should NOT use in the future. You will feel very unsupported by management, because all they seem to care about are client placements into supportive housing and filing the charts. It is okay. Let those experiences build your character, and help you grow as a leader; do not get caught up in it.

Stay 1-3 years here at most, and move on. It will hurt to leave some good friends you leave behind, but it's part of life and you all will stay connected.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Drama, unqualified upper management, no support from management
Non profit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2016
Non Profit facility dedicated to helping clients with withdrawal symptoms. This facility is an one unit with 30 beds that help clients transition from detox to long term care. Clients are on the unit 24/7 and receive medical care.
Worst
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington Point, NYOctober 30, 2016
The worst place I ever work workers are over worked and under paid. And the management is by far the worst. Do not report wrong doing because retaliation is definitely on the agenda.
Pri
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2016
Great place to work if you don't want a life. Great people to work with also. Just very stressful and under paid. No paid holidays and any call outs result in forfeiture of O/T.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
High stress
We do get to have lunch with my coworkers
Housing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2016
My typical day at the job is too to assist homeless clients with finding suitable housing. What I have learned is to deal with individuals less fortunate than me. The most challenging part of my job is that I have encountered clients with mental illness. I really enjoy working with my manager and coworkers we are a team almost like a family Finally I get to drive the clients to and from there housing appointments and escort them to various official buildings to get up to date documents such as the ID, Birth Certificate and Social Security Card in addition to medical, food and cash assistance that is the best part of my job.
Pros
Dealing with the real estate angents
Cons
my Health care
Great and Productive work place
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
A typical day at work for me is doing intakes house summaries log books dispensing of medication cares system counts reports calls to 911 and to ivc. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing clients gain their lives back and move out of the shelter.
I loved my work experience at Project Renewal
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2016
I loved everything that this company stands for. There are constant updated workshops pertaining to your position. Fair everything. I personally LOVED it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Project Renewal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9