We are looking to fill a position by September 1st for a talented, self-motivated Field Investigator for our Outside Plant Damage Recovery group in the Albany, New York area to handle incoming CATV damage claims from Albany and the Hudson Valley. A strong sense of organization as well as a flexible schedule will be required due to the various responsibilities as outlined below. This will be an independent contractor position.
- On-site investigation of underground and aerial cable plant damages as needed
- Individual will learn, understand, and be able to utilize New York State Dig Laws and Statutes, excavator requirements, NESC standards
- Develop a professional working relationship with the client, their contractors, technicians, management team and other personnel
- Develop a solid working relationship with the client’s locate company and exchange investigation information
- Conduct interviews on damage sites with contractors, technicians, witnesses, police, homeowners, etc.
- Professionally photograph and process the damage scene to accurately portray and determine liability
- Work with the client and contractors to obtain and write-up job repair costs from the damage
- Compile all investigation material and submit to the local handling office via email.
- Assist Claims Recovery team post-investigation
- Be available at all times as necessary to field damage calls and respond across the market
- Maintain a working knowledge of the entire PRG claims process
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Reliable and presentable personal vehicle with valid driver’s license and current insurance; min BI/PD 100/300/100
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as an ability to navigate a variety of operational tasks on a computer
- Investigation experience
- Knowledge of cable industry and/or utility locate industry
- Flexible work schedule; all days of the week, day and evenings; hours can be 24/7.
- Law enforcement and/or prior investigator a plus
- Claims background a plus
Rate $18-20/hour (25 hrs per week)
Indeed - 30+ days ago
PRG is a privately held business outsourced services firm that was founded in 2001. PRG specializes in working for and delivering...