Project Transition Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Challenging and rewarding work
Traditional Program (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 6, 2017
I got into this business to help people. That's exactly what project transition allows me to do. The members we serve are some of the most vulnerable in our community and when they come to PT awe see them thrive and succeed. The staff are some of the most dedicated and gritty people I've ever worked with. It's social work, so let's be real, the job is hard at times. But it's worth it to know you're changing a life. Even though PT has operated programs in PA for over 30 years, the programs in TN feel like working for a start up, which has its ups and downs. But overall, I'm very glad to be working for this company and I'm excited about seeing the company grow even more in the future.
Pros
Rewarding work. Good pay and benefits. Growth opportunities.
Cons
Hours
Need to stay in Pennsylvania
Former RA (Former Employee) –  Nashvile, TennesseeMarch 25, 2017
This place is a mess. They are not organized and are in complete disarray, and This was with just 6 clients. Now they have added several more clients to a roster that they already cant manage. They have gone out and grabbed all types of unqualified people and gave them jobs, Yet they have bypassed ones who were more than qualified and now most of their original staff has left or are leaving due to the poor judgement of upper management. This place is a sinking ship and they really need to be more selective in who they bring aboard staff wise and client wise.
Pros
the pay..kind of
Cons
the hiring process, the unqualified staff that they hire, and the lack of structure
Driven by the Mission!
staff (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2017
This company was established to serve the most at risk mental health population in the Human Services field. The people who work at Project Transition care for their members at a level I have never seen. Currently this company is transitioning from an owner directed program to a multi-state corporation managed by a team of national leaders. This level of drastic transformation is difficult and challenging for all staff. Within the last 18 months, Project Transition has tripled the number of vulnerable individuals we support across the country. I am proud to be a Project Transition staff that supports our members to establish a life in the community as he or she defines.
Pros
This company truly lives out their mission, unbelievably rewarding work as a human services provider, we believe in people everyone else has given up on and they succeed!
Cons
The work is fast paced, the work can be stressful
Run Fast
I worked there (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 19, 2016
The company is ran poorly with upper management being chaotic with a habit of throwing people under the bus.

The CEO micro manages and expects his employees to jump at every whim even though they warn that his whim is not possible. Then once it fails, people lose their jobs.

The company just laid numerous people off and closed a location. They have been trying to regoranize for almost 3 years and things just keep getting worse.

If you are not in the clique then you will never make it!

The good part- most of the regular staff is great to work with!
Pros
Friendly people in normal staff positions
Cons
CEO who needs to hand over the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Project Transition. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8