An SCI Recovery Specialist will learn to work with clients in all phases of recovery and of varying injury levels. You will receive in-house training and education on the impact of exercise based recovery programs for individuals with spinal cord injury, and the methodology and modalities used in our program. Specialists are responsible for the design and implementation of client workouts and assisting other team members in all facets of our training programs. Specialists will perform periodic client evaluations and assessments, client program design, and one-on-one client training sessions. All team members are responsible for facility and equipment cleanliness and maintenance.
Specialists must provide the highest level of training for all types of clients and are expected to participate in continuing education courses to stay current on the latest trends in exercise based spinal cord injury rehabilitation and maintain a working knowledge of SCI in general.
Individuals with exercise/training backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
BA/BS in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Physical Education or related field
Nationally recognized certification in health/fitness (ACSM, NSCA, ACE)
The position includes but is not limited to the following job functions:
- Proficient in safety guidelines, equipment operation, and maintenance
- Proficient in advanced, adapted exercise routines
- Perform the role of Lead Trainer for permanent and visiting clients
- Conduct baseline and biannual evaluations for all clients
- Provide video feedback and progress reports for clients
- Provide clients with program updates and necessary information for insurance companies
- Conduct client interviews and tours when necessary
- Assist with volunteers and interns when necessary
- Monitor clients physical health, mental health, and recovery
- Assist team members with developing and implementing long and short-term exercise prescriptions
- Keep accurate records of client training sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned by management