ProMedica Health System Employee Reviews

Staff was like family on our unit
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, MIAugust 30, 2017
The pcys unit was a great place to work. We was all like family. Feel bad for the mentally ill clients that we aren't serving any more. I liked coming up with new groups to prestent to the returning cliental. It is too sad that the head ones don't know anything about mental illness so they are out close the remaining small units that are still out there in the promedica system.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
closed because of the Director of the hospital
Great company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 24, 2017
ProMedica is a great company and there are always lots of options for opportunities. The pay is somewhat lower than other organizations, but the benefits are great.
Fair pay
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 6, 2017
The job itself was hard. Being short staffed the majority of the time. The pay was decent. The upper management and the company of promedica is money hungry and don't really care about the staff. The health insurance is not very good.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Short staffed
It was alright
Behavioral Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 18, 2017
There are always changes happening within Promedica. They frequently add or eliminate positions. The pay was competitive. I didn't mind most of the staff that I worked with.
Healthcare
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 28, 2017
ProMedica is a good company to work for.. The training is excellent benefits are good . I have a great team of people I work with We all strive for great patient care and good customer service. It can be stressful at times if we are short staff. Its very rewarding to know that I work in a field to help people, patient care is the most important in a healthcare field. Knowing that I have help someone each day is a very rewarding feeling for me
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
N/a
Good place to work for career oriented persons with good family life balance
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 7, 2017
I typically work approx. 40 hours per week and work with a diverse population for patient care loads. Management is very good to their employees with good understanding of where and why a staff member needs their imput or help.
If you go to work and do your work there is no problems
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 30, 2017
As any job there is pro's and Cons and the attitude you have going to work is the attitude you receive t work. If you go to work and do your work there is no problems. Staying out of the high school attitudes and games.
its ok
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIMay 15, 2017
good place to get your feet wet in the field. management could do more to ensure good work flow. customer service could be better. some employees not too friendly.
nice place to work overall, but pay is somewhat low
Medical Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 14, 2017
Nice people to work with but pay is somewhat low, and company is a little unorganized.
Not enough training and feedback on work perfomance. Not a lot of communication with important matters
Pros
nice people
Cons
pay is somewhat low
great
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43605May 10, 2017
 Attend professional meetings
 Coordinate monthly events for employees
 Manage license certification projects
 Shadowing experiences: Benefits, Leave of Absence, Payroll, Compensation, HRIS, Air/mobile Transportation Network, Safety, Quality and Risk.
Its dreadful to go into work anymore
Radiologic Technologist Specialist (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIMay 4, 2017
Management doesn't listen to the concerns of the employees nor do they care about them. The employees are overworked and under appreciated. The weekends are the worse because they wont hire more techs. The best part of the day is when you get off work.
Pros
401K Company Match. Employees get along with each other and we work as a team
Cons
Management does not care that Techs are leaving because of what management is doing or not doing
A mess
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 30, 2017
Just a complete mess. They got new management and that management doesn't know what they are doing. They have workers who just don't give it their all and expect others to compensate for them. They want you to get things done quickly but if you make a mistake in doing that then they yell at you for it
A good community anchor.
Analyst, Materials Management Information Systems (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 22, 2017
ProMedica is a good community anchor. They truly care the health and well being of the people of Toledo and surrounding areas. I like that they have employee assistance and patient assistance programs.
Great people but not a desirable position.
Sr. Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 19, 2017
Wonderful boss but just too many projects to try to tackle in a given day. Lack of training and just too many departments to try to "rescue" from lack of attention they received in the past. Traveled quite a bit and so many meetings to attend at different locations to get any requests taken care of in a timely manner. Many employees were frustrated by all the changes. Web pages were out of date and I was given task to update them on top of all of my other responsibilities. I didn't mind the kind of work, but less travel, more training on their internal request system and perhaps another person to help tackle all of the requests would have been much nicer. Too much for just one person to handle. Pay was pretty sad for this day and age for this position as well.
Pros
Wonderful people work for this company. I was honored to have a fantastic boss!
Cons
Very unorganized. Many unhappy employees. Overwhelming work load!
Good Teamwork Atmosphere
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 18, 2017
It was an honor to work for a company that is well rounded and has such a great amount of staff that are helpful. I enjoyed the teamwork and helpfulness that helped me grow as a medical assistant. A typical day included opening the office and preparing rooms for the patients that were seen that particular day. Organize and ensure that rooms are stocked appropriately. Log any medications that are expired and re-order items as needed. Prepare prescription refills and process prior authorizations as needed for prescriptions and procedures for patients. Document injections given throughout the day promptly for accurate inventory control. Ensure that all medical assistants reported for the day to have a smooth work flow for the day. Apply for floating medical assistants for vacation requests. The hardest part of the job was not having a office manager to bounce off ideas to when needed to operate the office smoothly.
Pros
Payroll deduction for lunches
Cons
No compensation for training
Love working in Outpatient Lab
Certified as Registrar Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIMarch 29, 2017
Patients are extremely friendly and are polite. Co-workers treat me very nicely. The management of laboratory are always there to help me out or answer my questions.
fun fast pace place environment
Scheduler II; Patient Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 20, 2017
I have a standard quota to meet everyday via phone calls, i also do off line activities and education. Its a great place to work but I am trying to utilize my education in managment.
Maganger
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 2, 2017
Promoted from Clinical Manager to Operations Manager. Managed 22 team members from front registration to physicians. Met quality improvement goals and customer service.
Pros
Great team
Cons
five ten to twelve hour days, seven days a week
Great environment
CREDENTIALED TRAINER, Cadence, Grand Central (ADT) (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 30, 2016
Great place to work with very knowledgeable people. Great teamwork and flexibility. Enjoy the freedom to give my viewpoint and opinions. It nice to work in such an embracing place!
Given upon an interview.
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 17, 2016
Payroll is in the now. Our hours are very flexible and we are given the autonomy to make our our schedule and flex as the needs require. My co-workers are great. We are an awesome team.
Pros
Flexible hours, autonomy
Cons
Outdated system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProMedica Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

ProMedica Health System Reviews by Location