Promedica Employee Reviews

RMA (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHFebruary 20, 2017
I would room the patients, I learned a lot about ENT. I felt like I could never talk to the management about anything. Good work place. I liked most of my co-workers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Mabagement
Liking the call center
Room Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Fostoria, OHFebruary 15, 2017
I disagree with the comment about working at the call center. I have worked within the Promedica system for 40 years and have recently came over to the call center. The call center has an amazing group of people. We enjoy working with people with a great personality, friendliness, and willing to work together as a team for our customers.
Pros
friendly people
Room service operator
Room Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHJanuary 28, 2017
worked here for a short time co workers not friendly at all they love love love to talk about other co workers and then be there best friend minutes later. You have problems you tell management and nothing gets done at all. Full time employees do the least possible an make others work the most. People. An not stay on the phones to balance the work load they have to be reminded like little kids. If there isn't a manager working well then it gets real ugly! There are workers that make them self the manager an try to rule over other employees . I have a laundry list of issues with this place . Just avoid it like the plague seriously
Pros
Cons
Way to many
Promedica may not be bad, but PPG is AWFUL
Check-In Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Each office within PPG is different. But they are all the similar that they do not care about the employees, their lives, or their well-being,
I would gladly work for Promedica, But never for one of the physicians groups. You are the lowest on the Promedica totem pole, and the physicians/management makes sure you are aware of how unimportant you are.
The company wants to take care of all employees and cares about their well being.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 26, 2016
Very good place to work, care about employees and want the best people they can find. I completed forty plus years with the company. Only left when early retirement package was offered.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Working through cut backs at this time.
Great co-workers, Company doesn't care about employees
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIDecember 21, 2016
Terminated while on medical leave for high risk pregnancy(bed rest) after almost 8 years of service on med/surg. Was released from doctor and ready to go back when baby was 6 weeks and they had filled my position and would not place me in a similar position or one I was qualified for. 4 months later terminated for not returning from medical leave!!!!!! Newborn baby and unemployed! Expect to be treated as another number if you decide to work for this company! Horrible management which often led to understaffed floors and unable to give patients the care they deserve! All that matters to this company is money, not loyal good employees or the patients that pay for their services, which is a shame!
Pros
Amazing co workers(life long friends), Great learning experience
Cons
Short staffed, management, not enough pay increases, excessive Mandations, Too many to write
Poor Communication which results at the employee's fault
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 11, 2016
Management has poor communication and unclear expectations. Like most nursing the home health aspect of promedica leaves you to the wolves with little training or explanation leaving the employee's confused and frustrated. Management lies to upper management and forces large volume patient loads on the staff.

Patient satisfaction did not seem like the ultimate goal of management which was sad because, like most places, those facing the public are expected to make the patient happy, yet they do not care that the load or charting make it impossible to provide great care.
Pros
pay, the patients
Cons
management, communication, frustrated workers
pleasant and challenging place to work. Plenty of opportunities for growth.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MINovember 15, 2016
I worked as an LPN both on the floor in a hospital setting and both on the floor and in management in their nursing home setting. My co-workers were pleasant. The salary and benefits were great. Lots of opportunities for more training, education, and advancement. Hospital management was great. Only fair in their long term care buildings.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
heavy work loads when working on the floor in their long term care buildings
Busy growing company
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 1, 2016
Innovative growing company that is working to be relevant to the community and individuals. The work day is ever changing and as an employee it will stretch you to grow with the needs of Promedica in a positive way.
Poor management
Outreach Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 10, 2016
The departments that I have worked in have a poor management. Favoritism leads to unfair working environments with little chance for promotion unless you play the system, which I believe in unfair. I think that working hard and perfecting your skills should lead to advancement and I have not seen that happen.
Pros
Good benefits, some union departments
Cons
Poor management
Great work environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OH 43560September 15, 2016
Learned a great deal on this job. Excellent work environment and coworkers. Decent health care packages. Family friendly environment.
Great CEO/President and CHRO
Director, HR Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHDecember 10, 2015
Working for ProMedica gave me an opportunity to lead an amazing team of Talent Acquisition professionals. They were dedicated to continuous learning and process improvement. They became more than employees to me but like a family.
Hard-work pays off!
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 18, 2015
Great encouraging environment, with flexibility to advance. Workload can be overwhelming at times but with understanding management, you never get burnt out!
Fun place to work with co-workers who push you to become better at what you do.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 11, 2015
Really reliable company to work for with room for advancement and educational opportunities. Very competitive benefits and pay. I would recommend this employer to others
Pros
High pay scale, friendly staff, rewarding work
Cons
very physical job, have to deal with body fluids, Long 12 hour shifts
Caring Employers
referral coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 9, 2015
This was a terrific job with beautiful people and concerned employers. Kept you informed. Not picky nice enviornment.
Productive in workload, but not in manpower
sterile processing (Former Employee) –  toledo, ohSeptember 15, 2015
Love my colleagues and working with them. The most enjoyable part of working here is that everyday poses a new challenge so you're never bored. Now that the company has expanded we've been down to a skeleton crew and the workload has increased unreasonably.
Pros
Always learning something new, co-workers
Cons
work overload, not enough bodies, low pay, management bad
assesing,counseling,crisis intervention
Mental Health professional (Current Employee) –  sylvania, ohioAugust 2, 2015
working with people with severe mental illness, intake, interventions , group discussions. suicide watch, gathering back ground information, light counseling, taking vitals, monitoring.
stressful
Check-in clerk (Receptionist) & Records (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHJuly 5, 2015
A typical day at work was sitting behind the desk checking in patients and answering phones and filing paperwork. I learned quite a bit of medical terms and about filing records. The management was losey and mean. the co-workers were amazing. the hardest part of the job was at the beginning learning all the new terms and how to file things where they went.
Fun learning environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 7, 2015
My day was different everyday as here I worked a float position and my duties ranged from working in a family practice to working for an endocrinologist, ENT and family practice. I have a wide range of duties between numerous location and I learned so much from all of these places.
Pros
The wide variety of things I learned
Cons
Having to switch locations every few weeks
productive and very professional work place
Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 26, 2015
ProMedica was a very professional and patient oriented clinic whose main concern was the care of the patients, and the staff was shown their appreciation on a daily basis. Even on slow days the staff was still always busy and there was always something to do.
Pros
Manager brought lunch
Cons
small facility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promedica. Our community is ready to answer.

83%