Promedica Employee Reviews

Dissapointing
Health care management (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 11, 2017
If ProMedica worried about their employee satisfaction 1/2 as much as they worried about patient satisfaction the work environment would improve exponentially. Unfortunately, this is not currently the case.
ok place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHDecember 7, 2017
A big benefit of working for this large company is that you can change jobs after 6 months. I have been in a few departments and it is hit or miss with management. The training is good and the pay is ok. You do get decent benefits and they do offer great discounts.
Pros
ability to move
Great doctors to work for!!
Clerical and Clinical (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MINovember 13, 2017
I have worked with really great doctors and the hours are much better. I have learned a lot working in many different practices. I think there could be more opportunity for employees to advance within the company. Overall it is a good place to work.
Clearly all about the $$$ with this company
RN (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OhioNovember 13, 2017
Well, I started one job which was going well. Liked my co-workers and the working conditions seemed realistic. That lasted two months when upper management came down to our department in Fostoria and announced 'we need to do MORE with LESS. We are cutting back on hours and having the manager of Fremont also manage Fostoria' --- basically all about $$$ nothing about safety or compassion for the patients we cared for.

So I took a job in their home health sector -- and quickly came to see that they push home health down almost every patient's throat, want it / need it or not. Weather it's safe household or time of day (active alcoholics, 11 pm IV visits out in the boonies, etc, etc) or not. The nurse management/supervisors don't seem to care about nurse safety whatsoever. Apparently, ProMedica attracts 'yes' people to such positions. No common sense. No practical understanding (or concern) for what their front line staff does.

I quit and wouldn't work for this company again.
Great Place to Work
Senior Cost Accountant and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 1, 2017
Great place to work, unfortunately the company was sold. The new company was also a great place to work. Unfortunately the company was not turning a profit and was forced to eliminate positions.
Zero credit for experience
Flight nurse (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 29, 2017
As a well experienced provider I spent nearly 70 hours in front of a computer taking online 'classes' about basic medical knowledge. While I may be able to buy into the pitch 'everybody has to do it', at least have me do it during a working orientation. I lost interest in the job after about two weeks of nonsense.

After 24 years in the business I learned something new. If an organization is offering a $7500 sign on bonus it must mean they have problems recruiting and keeping people and to steer clear.
Pros
Good pay and equipment
Cons
Managers who give you zero credit for experience
Horrible place to work for
Patient Clerk (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHSeptember 20, 2017
Promedica has been the worst company I've ever worked for. Was on bed rest during my pregnancy, even had two notes from the women's center and the doctor and they still wrote me up. They don't care about their employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Micro-management ruins the atmosphere
LPN (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 19, 2017
The job itself is rewarding by helping patients. I learned that you don't quit the job, you quit the boss. Terrible work environment that could often be viewed as hostile. The office manager is allowed to be a bully to the employees and HR does not help fix the situation. Extremely disappointed.
Pros
no holidays
Cons
management
great place to work
Senior Patient Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIAugust 30, 2017
I started in the billing department and it was a great job. great benefits and good pay. The people I worked with were awesome and it was fun to go to work everyday.
The office I work in was relocated to a corporate facility and our office closed.
I worked there for many years and it was a great place to be.
it depends
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 8, 2017
If you're not a nurse/doctor/or anything in that field, you are about as important as dirt on the bottom of your shoe. You are required to bust your butt endlessly with little to no appreciation and they will still expect you to still pick up your pace or "do better". They are cutting all kinds of things, making things much more difficult because they are "on a budget". In Supply Chain, you are being timed on all of your carts and will be harrassed if you're not going "fast enough" (mind you, some of the carts are so heavy that you are struggling to pull them to their destination). You have been warned.
Benefits
Cons
Run, don't walk, run away
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MiAugust 3, 2017
I can at least say they gave me a severance package when they laid me off. But the real issue is the secrecy they established since taking over. People are in constant fear of being laid off. They'll tell you in one breath that everyone's jobs are safe while they fill out your termination paper work on the exhale. They played stupid games with management and treat it like it's high school popularity contest. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A NUMBER. Years of service and dedication mean nothing to these people, and if you live in wayne county, don't bother. Their benefits package for you is terrible. No wayne county physician biller knows what's to do with it. I get bills all the time for services that are actually covered. And when they build that new hospital, if they build that new hospital ( i say if because the community in Monroe hates the hospital) make no mistake, they will terminate everyone and start from scratch.
Pros
On site parking
Cons
Everything else
Always working short staffed which created unsafe situations
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHApril 10, 2017
Our supervisors would change every two years because of the stress. Some phlebotomist were busting their butts while others would stay out of sight and relax. No breaks and no accountability. Drama/negativity circulated our department. Especially with a lead phleb being one of them. Its sad to say that our department didn't always work together as a unit. It's hard to be upbeat and happy and work with others who were so negative.
Pros
Great meals and friendly staff in cafeteria
Cons
Always short staffed, pushed to work with no breaks
Very nice place to work
Refund Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 29, 2017
Location, flexiable hours, great benefits and comfortable salary. Several locations, always room for advancement, continuing education and tuition reimbursement.
great to interackt with residents
Advised senior (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIMarch 27, 2017
learn resident care , daily care off clients , transfer clients , feet clients , talk and interact with clients, work good with nurses and co workers
A great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoy working there. I have learned a lot while on the job. I learn something new everyday at work. The office management is great to work with. She is there for any questions that you have. Co-workers work as a team.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
drama
RMA (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHFebruary 20, 2017
I would room the patients, I learned a lot about ENT. I felt like I could never talk to the management about anything. Good work place. I liked most of my co-workers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Mabagement
Liking the call center
Room Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Fostoria, OHFebruary 15, 2017
I disagree with the comment about working at the call center. I have worked within the Promedica system for 40 years and have recently came over to the call center. The call center has an amazing group of people. We enjoy working with people with a great personality, friendliness, and willing to work together as a team for our customers.
Pros
friendly people
Room service operator
Room Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHJanuary 28, 2017
worked here for a short time co workers not friendly at all they love love love to talk about other co workers and then be there best friend minutes later. You have problems you tell management and nothing gets done at all. Full time employees do the least possible an make others work the most. People. An not stay on the phones to balance the work load they have to be reminded like little kids. If there isn't a manager working well then it gets real ugly! There are workers that make them self the manager an try to rule over other employees . I have a laundry list of issues with this place . Just avoid it like the plague seriously
Pros
Cons
Way to many
Promedica may not be bad, but PPG is AWFUL
Check-In Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Each office within PPG is different. But they are all the similar that they do not care about the employees, their lives, or their well-being,
I would gladly work for Promedica, But never for one of the physicians groups. You are the lowest on the Promedica totem pole, and the physicians/management makes sure you are aware of how unimportant you are.
The company wants to take care of all employees and cares about their well being.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 26, 2016
Very good place to work, care about employees and want the best people they can find. I completed forty plus years with the company. Only left when early retirement package was offered.
Pros
Caring environment
Cons
Working through cut backs at this time.