Promedica

Promedica Employer Reviews

good learning hospital
certified pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHFebruary 10, 2015
I enjoyed my job, but feel management in the pharmacy could be handled better. I did learn a lot while working here. Friendly co-workers.
ProMedica is a GREAT place to work for
Unit Clerk - Lake Park (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHDecember 6, 2014
Every one of my Supervisors were caring and very thoughtful.
Check in Check out clerk
Check Out Clerk (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 3, 2014
I assisted patients with checking in or checking out. Verified insurance and made appointments. I also filled out various paperwork that needed done. Answered the phones, filed maintained general office.
Enjoyable work environment
System Administrator (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 2, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: only contract work
The staff that I worked with was great. They kept things fun and everyone worked well together.
Its not what you know its who you know
Support Analyst & Consultant (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJune 22, 2014
Promedica has a great conceptual design with little execution and advancement.
compensation doesn't make up for perks
Patient Account Analyst (Current Employee), Sylvania, OHMay 28, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: compensation
ProMedica is a wonderful place to work they promote balance between work and home. Provide wonderful perks so employees can have fun outside of work. Unfortunately they only offer merit raises so no matter how well you do your job or don't everyone gets the same terrible raise.
productive fantastic place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FloridaApril 23, 2014
Pros: free healthcare, dental, eye and vision. long breaks
Promedica is a fantastic place to work. Great people with excellent skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to use scrap for art or own personal projects on break.
Employee-oriented, supportive, productive & educational-focused work environment.
ProMedica Toledo Hospital Human Resources Intern (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at work included all aspects of Human Resources and Workforce Planning, as well as how to apply those skills to projects within the ProMedica Health System. Management strongly encouraged training and continuing education to promote career development and growth. Co-workers were very supportive and resourceful. The hardest part of the job was learning to maintain a balance between office-oriented tasks and tasks related to activities outside of the office, such as job fairs and employee recognition programs. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was making a difference in improving the hiring and developing of employees to ensure a strong workforce.
awful management short hours
none given (Current Employee), MaumeeDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great/nice people other then management
Cons: made to go home regardless
awful management due to the favoritism and unrealistic demands. you are made to go home early daily. low pay. coworkers are great.
Small family business
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLDecember 6, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great environment for a small company
Cons: being a small company it can affect benefits such as health insurance
Can be very fast pace keeping up with all customer demands. Things can change very quickly depending on needs hospitals put on our customers which in turn our customers rely on us to fulfill their requirements. Working with sheet metal has been a new experience but everyone is always very helpful. Being in management we get to see the accomplishments of the whole team and being able to send quality products to our customers when they need it.
Corporate work environmental
Radiology Records Clerk (Former Employee), Toledo, OHDecember 5, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Work in a team environment that can be stressful. A typical day at work you speak to patients, doctors and other departments. You have to scan documents.
N/A
Grinder/Metal Finisher (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 11, 2013
Fast paced easy going place to work at. Great people. Good management.
I enjoy who I work with and i have job security
Senior Payroll Assistant (Current Employee), Sylvania OhioOctober 3, 2013
My work environment is great. I am constantly busy on different projects.
Ok place to work.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 15, 2013
Ok place to work. Nice atmosphere. Friendly. Not much room for growth in certain departments.
I love being a Paramedic.
Paramedic (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 14, 2013
Pros: great pay- great job.
Cons: very little over time.
I transport emergency and non-emergency patients. Everything from BLS/ALS and CC- patients. I also transport and work with NICU, PICU, ICU and CCU pt's and staff.

May 30, 2013

I was looking to apply for a flight paramedic position. What are the hours like? And how often do they do flight transports compared to ground transports? And any other information you may have. Thanks! Roy

Horrible HR, great management
Coordinator (Current Employee), ToledoMarch 21, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: minuscule annual increases, no pay for performance
The Human Resource department is outdated and archaic, especially at the Toledo Hospital. Positions are misgraded and pay rates are not competitive for support staff. Otherwise leadership is great and I have enjoyed working for ProMedica.

July 7, 2013

all of management, especially middle management is stuck in the 1950's. they gotta change. just being the largest medical system in the area doesn't mean they can get away with poor management. it reflects in patient care and that is the worst part....ProMedica has some major lessons to learn before they can really care for their patients and their employees.

worked only on call no hours.
customer service, sales, data entry (Former Employee), Maumee, OHDecember 28, 2012
I was only working there on call not many hours available.

Did billing customer service appointment setter.
Great place to work,dependable staff,great leadership.
CMSS- Supervisor (Current Employee), Sylvania, OHNovember 21, 2012
Pros: free meals, every year we received an appreciation gift.
Some days, very busy depending on how full the hospital was.staff got along so well.When there was a need within the department,the team would really team work and get the job done.The hardest part of the job was felling like you let a patient go without if there was a product on backorder at some point.
the most enjoyable part of my job was learnig new things when it came to pulling surgery cases.
Overview of extern
Medical Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: some of the rude patients
I loved going to my extern site. Meeting new people and dealing with many personalities. I loved the manager, he made sure I felt comfortable at all times and told me how good of a job I was always doing. I loved the co workers, they made me feel comfortable and provided an educational environment for me. I really loved the physician because he made me feel good about myself and gave me a few pointers for my future. The hardest part of the job was me leaving after my time was up. I enjoyed my entire eight weeks and I loved every minute.
No Monotony
Receptionist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMay 29, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule, paid holidays, and paid vacation
Cons: bowel movements vomitting
This was a very action filled faciity to work in. Everyday there were routines that you looked forward to however, there were also a few unexpected incidents which sparked your day.

About Promedica

Established in 1986, ProMedica is a locally owned, nonprofit healthcare organization serving northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. – Read more