Promet is looking to hire a front end developer to work with its established team of Drupal professionals in Chicago. The front end developer is responsible for the creation of the front end theme of a website from design files provided by the design team. We are looking for a full time or part time front end developer with great organizational and interpersonal skills that is experiences and driven toward code excellence. They must have experience in front end development and it is a HUGE bonus if it is with the Drupal CMS.
Promet Source is a global web and mobile application development company with offices in Chicago, USA and Cebu, Philippines. We are a full service technology firm that delivers high-value consulting and software development solutions that clients need to grow their business. As a leading technology provider of web services, we focus on complex web development, support, mobile applications, and strategic marketing. We are dedicated to open source software solutions by providing managed services for Drupal-based websites, products, and applications.
Work for a great, growing company! Apply today!
- Work in teams to help build and develop the front end of websites
- Participate in daily and weekly status meetings
- Reporting time and work details on a daily basis
- Record detailed descriptions of work performed and documentation of progress
- Communicate regularly with project manager
- Develop and build with best practice and code excellence in mind
- Familiarity with version control GIT
- HTML/CSS/JS - Front End Developer
- Proficient in HTML and CSS markup
- Proficient in converting PSD compositions into HTML and CSS markup
- Must have high attention to detail, capable of pixel-perfect page construction that performs well across browsers.
- Must be highly skilled with Photoshop.
- Must write clean, semantic, valid markup and modular, cascading, reusable CSS.
- Must have knowledge of HTML5 tags
- Bonus points for progressive enhancement techniques.
- Knowledge of 508 / Accessibility Guidelines a plus.
- Knowledge of common jQuery plugins a plus (e.g., Fancybox, Cycle, ScrollTo)
- General understanding of project management principles. (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall)
- Strong work ethic, a drive for success and proactive attitude
- Experience working in small teams
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Familiar with QA and deployment processes
- Must be a friendly team player who enjoys challenges and learning new skills and techniques
- Competitive base salary with bonus structure
- Paid time off
- Ability for upward promotion
- Future sponsored training visits to the US
- Fun and Challenging work environment
- Fun, dynamic, growing team
- Office socials, events, etc