Promethean, Inc Employee Reviews

Good company
Sr. Quality Support Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 25, 2017
Great company in the educational industry. They care about their employees and look to change the future for all in their field. The customer service is top notch.
Great company
Senior Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 28, 2016
Promethean was the best company I worked for - - until it went public. Then everything changed and sales and the company itself plummeted. Things that were working and generating revenue were thrown overboard. The company still exists, bought by Net Dragon, a Chinese company for 25% of Promethean's IPO price. Sad.
Pros
Super people
Cons
Out of touch management
over worked
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 6, 2014
this company generally over works you, as to you have no personal life. the hard worker that did most of the work received no credit.
Warehouse
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GA.August 19, 2014
Each day started the same as the day before had ended, no leadership in the management position. No organization in the order process coming down to the shipping department. I learned patience and adjusting to these situations as a norm. With my ability to adjust to these "normal" circumstances, my co-workers and staff learned to adjust as well. The hardest part of my day was the lack of support in the management role. I learned that the only support my co-workers could depend on was me.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of organization and management
My comments go here
Senior Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoApril 2, 2013
Just look at Linkedin for employee comments. Promethean was one of the very, very best companies of all time. Then they went public and traded the failing quest for revenue for vastly growing revenue. Promethean was growing rapidly at a very efficient and cost effective way. If they left it be, they would still be growing even in a changing market. Unlike the movie, greed is bad. Check out PRW on the FTSE market, you will see what I mean.
Pros
great internal value, management, products, listened to customers, more.
Cons
quest for money at the expense of all else. see stock performance.
A family atmosphere
Sr. Quality Support Engineer/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 19, 2012
Promethean goal is to provide the best technical solutions for their clients. There is a heavy emphasis on training and installation. Management is very hands-off unless needed. Co-workers fit into a cluture that is great to be around. There are many travel days for site visits but the clients are a joy to work with.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
none.
Ed Tech Company that Inspires Everyone
Director of Marketing, North America (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2012
I loved being involved. My department rocked! We all dedicated our lives to the success of every student and teacher around the world. It was a fulfilling experience to develop and market products that enabled effortless and fun learning across the globe. My co-workers were the best. We worked hard and played hard. Management empowered us each day to inspire everyone by sparking imagination. The hardest part of my job was working long hours and weekends. The most enjoyable part of my job was traveling around the nation and world meeting our students and teachers and seeing the joy on their faces.
Pros
my own office, company sponsored lunches, rah rah meetings
Cons
working long hours and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promethean, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3