Prometheus Laboratories Employee Reviews

Stay positive, it only go uphill from here
Former Employee (Former Employee), San DiegoApril 22, 2015
Pros: There are some genuinely good people.
Cons: There are some genuinely less desirable people.
Prometheus is going through a transition whirlwind. Those who may have an interest in Prometheus as an organization would benefit from waiting out the storm another six months to a year.

The culture saddens me, as everyone seems to feel under appreciated. The C.Y.A. mentally is a plague among its employees. Departments at odds--Marketing will ALWAYS dislike QA--bad enough. It happens within individual departments, though. You can't trust your own team.

Regarding this particular position: I do feel compelled to advise those interested, and who may possibly interview, to be very discerning as far as management.

Incidentally, I am not in this department. I'm just an observer.
The company was okay to work for
Office (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: insurance benefits
Cons: no positive acknowledgement or encouragement.
Enjoyed working with most of the co-workers. The hardest part of the job, management.
Dynamic, fun and challenging sales environment
Gastroenterology Technical Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2013
I had the pleasure of calling on gastroenterologists, hepatologists, rheumatologists, internists, and endoscopy and surgery centers in the Los Angeles Area. I sold a therapeutic product for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, LOTRONEX, in addition to a series of diagnostic blood tests. The diagnostic component of my job was the most interesting and challenging for me. Physicians order these tests to distinguish between Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. I most enjoyed that I was able to provide value to the physician beyond just the typical sale of a therapeutic product. I was able to go beyond my role by actually interpreting test results for the physician. This was most rewarding to me as I was able to engage in a very clinical discussion with the physician on an actual patient. Not a patient type, a real patient! I worked very closely with my colleagues and my District Manager. I was responsible to make 8 calls per day on physicians, labs, and surgery centers. I would visit each physician with a patient's de-identified test report in hand. We would then discuss these results and review the diagnosis via data derived from the many clinical papers I had in my possession to use as a selling resource.
Great people, misguided direction
Development Associate II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2013
The company is full of very smart and enjoyable people that make coming to work everyday a pleasure, however the direction of the company has been jaded for a while now and its hard to tell where they are headed.
Laboratory that specializes in gastrointestinal diseases
MEDICAL ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE I (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: medical, dental, vision, mental health benefits, paid time off, gym on premisses
Cons: no growth opportunity
Working at Prometheus has been such a blessing to me. I've met some awesome people and I've also gone through some experience that taught me great life lessons. I really enjoy talking to patients all over the country and knowing that I can help them with their billing issues. The only negative thing I can say about this company is that even though they act like they are accountable and show integrity, not everyone does. There are people in the department that complain and nag about their job, not realizing that at least they have a job. I feel that if there is more growth potential and the tasks are evenly distributed than everyone will be happy.
The worst place I ever worked at!!!
Supervisor Order Processing (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 23, 2012
Pros: other managers in other departments were great when i had the pleasure to work with them.
Cons: read summary above
The manager in order processing, is very shady, lazy and unproductive... The crew does her job, she doesn't take any consideration for any team member, and she always comes into work late... Always has a problem (personal problem) upper management is always catering to her because of seniority, but the truth is she is a terrible manager, not a team player and has abosolutely no code of ethics!
Territorio extremadamente amplio
Specialty sales GI (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: muy buen salario
Cons: extremadamente stresante
Todo el dia conduciendo para ver un numero reducido de doctores.
productos de gastro