Prometheus Real Estate Group

Prometheus Real Estate Group Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 16, 2015
Maintain occupancy goals as defined by management, by successfully leasing apartments, qualifying potential residents, verifying applications, performing credit investigations, and creating all associated documentation accompanying the rental agreements in a timely and accurate fashion for the Property Manager's approval. Acquaint the new residents with leasing documentation, the property rules, the policies that affect the residents, apartment functions and emergency procedures, to ensure resident satisfaction on move-in. Responsible for taking a proactive role in the preparation and maintenance of a current resident profile, along with supporting the marketing functions of the property through recording accurate data on prospects and new residents.
Pros
working with great people and customers
Cons
working on weekends
I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (more than 6 years)
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 17, 2015
This company has really revitalized it's brand and is turning heads. The company is people focused. Great benefits plan, opportunities to be promoted within, and a community environment. You are never alone, always supported.
Pros
company has strong leader president, people focused, great benefits
Cons
the pay is competitive, but certainly not the top paying companies.
Goal oriented company with fun individuals to work with.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CADecember 30, 2014
A typical day at work would involve ensuring the place of work has appropriate curb appeal. Customers are attended to first, via email, phone and in person. Follow up on all inquires, such as leads. Give customers tour of the complex with the information needed to rent and qualify for the apartment. Complete daily and weekly reports of pricing and revenue.
The company was very goal oriented, made its own lingo to help customers know we are unique. Management was helpful, but was not available for training when wanting to move ahead in the company.
Really bad manager to work for. - The MARKHAM - Cupertino
Leasing Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CANovember 5, 2013
Prometheus Cupetino - The Markham - 2013: Very bad management style from the current manager. Manager's style is not direct & always put in personal emotion in solving problems. This is not professional at all compared to a very nice culture & beautiful facility of the company. Parents company should be more careful in choosing their top-line manager if they don't want this kind of manger ruin Prometheus reputation.

The owner of Prometheus is very educated whom graduated from Havard. The company is very supportive in training people, but Prometheus should be more extra careful in choosing every day - daily manager who has a good people skills in handling talents & relationship with her employees.
A cutting edge company that welcomes new ideas and has many beautiful properties to work at.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Americana Apartments Mt. View/Tan Plaza, Palo AltoMay 3, 2013
~A day at Prometheus Americana Apartments starts with Line-Up. This is when my team along with the office staff meet each morning and discuss the important details scheduled for that day. We talk about any issues that have arose from the day before, that we might need to address and we assign tasks and share any important information as needed. I review and respond to emails and check voice mails. Then I review work order system and unit turnover system to ensure units are turned and work orders are completed. I work on contracts for capitol projects, coordinate vendors as needed throughout the day, review vacation requests and time cards and work schedules. I deal with any customer service issues as needed and conduct property and unit inspections as needed.
~I have learned to manage multiple projects and to lead my team and help them be successful on a daily basis.
~My management skills have grown even more at this company. I have learned to build budget and manage a budget and also write variance reports as needed. I have also been able to obtain strong people management skills, working with a large team.
~I have been fortunate to work with a great group of co-workers. My team is awesome! I have not only been able to teach them, but they have also taught me alot.
~The hardest part of the job is managing multiple projects at once. It gets done, but it requires lots of hard work and planning!
~The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to work with a great staff, and when I receive compliments from residents saying that my team is doing a great job!
Pros
i live where i work so my wife makes me lunch everyday!
Cons
health insurance and 401k could be better.
Great Place to Work
Resident Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 12, 2013
A great company to work for where I learned a great deal about management, business process and decision making.
Nice place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara CalifornaAugust 29, 2012
No matter where you work, the area is so pleasing and well taken cared of. Prometheus Real Estate Group cares for it's properties, it's investments with good management. I always did more than I had to because I enjoyed my position.
I did run across a "property manager" who did not like an employee of mine and gave me the option to fire him, or be fired. Needless to say, I was fired; this employee was a very hard worker and lloved his job as I did.
This inexperienced female mananger with "head trip issues" lost the best employees that day. Eventually, P.R.E.G. saw her flaws and she was replaced. Prometheus Real Eastate Group is my choice to work.
Pros
regular visits from corproate to rate property. more pride.
Cons
it happens everywhere; the bad seed enters and creates havoc.
Can't Recommend
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CaliforniaDecember 15, 2011
The changes implemented since 2009 have negatively impacted job stability, growth, compensation and work/life balance. Cuts in experienced, seasoned personnel and hiring from unrelated industries has had consequences on staffing and clients.