Prometric

Prometric Employer Reviews

Customer Service Position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great staff.
Cons: temporary position
The small office had great management and the staff worked well together.
Stepping Stone
Candidate Services Representative - Full time (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDNovember 3, 2014
A good place to start entry level, really nice people! Has a diverse environment.
N/A
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDOctober 9, 2014
The Company has a high turn around for terminating employees and shows favoritism within its ranks.
Sit and watch a screen
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee), Sycamore, ILOctober 2, 2014
No room for growth. You sit and watch a screen. The managers and Human resources is extremely rude!
Possible one of the worst companies to work for
Registration and Scheduling (Current Employee), Nottingham, MDAugust 9, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: horrible leadership, poor compensation
Prometric is based on favoritism and it felt like a prison. If the Senior Manager doesn't like you she works hard to get you out. There is no guidance, no work/life balance, no strong leadership. Never worked for a company where you have to beg for feedback.
Doesn't do the process correctly
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Bettendorf IowaAugust 5, 2014
They don't follow their own policies on doing background check and tons of everythings. Manager works off emotions instead as a manager
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Nottingham, MDJuly 23, 2014
log in phone system, receive 80-100 calls daily, answer all Latin America phone calls, translations, handle irate customers. Very strict break and lunch guidelines.
Deep decline
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COJune 27, 2014
Once sensible company became draconian. Distrust and authoritarian control took over.
Very productive and fun workplace.
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Cordova, TNMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of me making sure all information was correct in the computer to ensure that the right person was testing. One small thing being incorrect could cost me my job along with someone else's career, so I had to be very alert. I learned how to deal with people a lot better at this job. The tests I was administering had an impact – more... on that persons life as a whole. One mistake with that test could cost them their job, so most testers came in either nervous or panicking. I engage in more conversation with people than I ever have. – less
Stressful and routinary
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRMay 21, 2014
Pros: i was able to travel.
A day at work could be routinary and stressful because we manage classified information of different exams for certifications of different kind of jobs and in addition we have to deal with nervous clients that sometimes could act uncourteously.
A challenge on many fronts and a hard one to accept
Temp Employee (Scanner) (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDMay 15, 2014
Pros: the office was beautiful, some genuine people, ideal location
Cons: compensation, benefits or lack thereof, high school atmosphere
Well I worked there for a few months through a temp agency on the scan/score team before being ousted in a political move by a co-worker. The job itself was not difficult, and at times felt redundant, but there was also little recognition of hard work or diligence. Often times, the company is reactive instead of proactive and only those making top salaries – more... or those who are not under intense scorn or scrutiny are "making out on top." The people there are not unlike anywhere else you work where some will be good and some will be bad, but it is problematic management shows a tendency to protect their own ego or self-interest, rather than the team as a whole or the product. The compensation is very poor and is very hard to justify. What is the most concerning about working there is the company seems to operate under a banner of every man is an island unto him or herself.

If you need a job, I would say work there for the short term, but if you need a career, this a place to avoid at all costs. – less
High volume call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDMay 9, 2014
A typical day at Prometric was meeting the established metric goal for each incoming call. There are various exams, and for each and every exam the rules vary, depending on what state you may live in as well as the type of exam. Candidates would often have questions which as a CSR you would have to review the answers on Prometric's website. Because – more... of the high volume of calls, there was little time for bonding with co-workers. – less
Excellent work environment
Nurse Aide Evaluator (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMMay 1, 2014
Pros: independence with scheduling and in work setting
I enjoy meeting the candidates who are testing to become CNAs. The young people are fun, energetic and have good beginning skills for a CNA.
Oh Boy, Where Do I Begin?
Admin (Former Employee), Dallas, txMarch 25, 2014
Pay is great, you're essentially a babysitter.
The work is easy, easiest job I've ever had.

The management or lack there of is the true problem.

Just some of these things I've witnessed:

+ Certain people have the luxury of being late/completely not showing up and they'll end up not even getting a verbal warning from management...while it seems that – more... other "non-preferred" employees get hunted down for being 5 mins late due to traffic/reasonable circumstances.

+ Certain people flaunt their promiscuity with management as a badge of honor, and proudly trot about and do as they please as if they're behind a force field...which they are. Being a loose goose has it's perks. Let's see...mid shift parking lot rendezvous? Check. Taking business trips and sharing a hotel room together? Check. And the beat goes on, and on. Nothing wrong with getting a little intimate with your boss. Everything wrong with using that against people.

+ It's like this company praises the terrible people and punishes the good ones, so if you're planning on working here make sure that you do a terrible job...you may stick around longer that way.

+ Age discrimination. Yep.

+ Racial discrimination. Double yep.

So in short, if you're looking for a headache with decent pay then this is the place to be.

(for Indeed)

Typical day: Babysitting some computers. That's it, literally.
What you learned: Bleh
Management: Read the above.
Coworkers: Some good ones, some bad. The bad will smite you with their affiliations with management.
Hardest part: environment
Most enjoyable: Going home. – less
Nice company to start a career
Employee (Current Employee), BaltimoreMarch 12, 2014
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: compensation
I have learned a lot at Prometric. Its a busy pace kind of work and team work is a key tool. I enjoy helping our candidates to get their certifications doing all I could. I love the way we can coordinate with all departments to make things happen. The bad thing is compensation and recognition.
Good job
Testing Accommodations Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2014
No complaints, simple job and the hours are convenient. Management is really adamant about good attendance and efficiency so it's not the kind of place to slack off.
not for a career
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2014
job level good for retired folk and, good for a first job, but not good for self support
What I learned
Proctor (Current Employee), VariesDecember 31, 2013
Pros: paid travel
Cons: short lunch breaks
The hours vary. Sometimes there is plenty of work other times there is none.
Horrible company to work for!
TCA (Former Employee), Camarillo, CADecember 18, 2013
Cons: too many to list!
I worked as a TCA (Test Center Administrator) for this company for almost three years and I can honestly say it was and still is a terrible place to work. There is no management what so ever! Zero communication, unless you have done something wrong. You are NOT valued as an employee or as a human being by anyone in upper management. Petty office drama – more... is constant. Get ready to be thrown under the bus and reprimanded for anything you do that is not permitted, which is basically everything. The TCM that reviewed Camarillo is 100% accurate!! Thankfully the DM and TOM are both gone now. Unfortunately they promoted a male TCA to TCM and the office is more dysfuntional than ever! Some of the TCA's are great, professional and friendly. In closing, if you decide you want to work for Prometric, expect to be be treated poorly, reprimanded often and not valued! – less
Test Center
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDOctober 25, 2013
Security
Policies
Different Certifying test

I like being able to provide a service to candidates that come into to test. I know that most of them are stressed and Its fun to get them to relax.

1 2 3

About Prometric

Prometric is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 400 organizations worldwide. On their behalf, we securely – Read more