Prometric

Prometric Employer Reviews

Very productive and fun workplace.
Test Administrator (Current Employee), Cordova, TNMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of me making sure all information was correct in the computer to ensure that the right person was testing. One small thing being incorrect could cost me my job along with someone else's career, so I had to be very alert. I learned how to deal with people a lot better at this job. The tests I was administering had an impact – more... on that persons life as a whole. One mistake with that test could cost them their job, so most testers came in either nervous or panicking. I engage in more conversation with people than I ever have. – less
Stressful and routinary
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PRMay 21, 2014
Pros: i was able to travel.
A day at work could be routinary and stressful because we manage classified information of different exams for certifications of different kind of jobs and in addition we have to deal with nervous clients that sometimes could act uncourteously.
A challenge on many fronts and a hard one to accept
Temp Employee (Scanner) (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDMay 15, 2014
Pros: the office was beautiful, some genuine people, ideal location
Cons: compensation, benefits or lack thereof, high school atmosphere
Well I worked there for a few months through a temp agency on the scan/score team before being ousted in a political move by a co-worker. The job itself was not difficult, and at times felt redundant, but there was also little recognition of hard work or diligence. Often times, the company is reactive instead of proactive and only those making top salaries – more... or those who are not under intense scorn or scrutiny are "making out on top." The people there are not unlike anywhere else you work where some will be good and some will be bad, but it is problematic management shows a tendency to protect their own ego or self-interest, rather than the team as a whole or the product. The compensation is very poor and is very hard to justify. What is the most concerning about working there is the company seems to operate under a banner of every man is an island unto him or herself.

If you need a job, I would say work there for the short term, but if you need a career, this a place to avoid at all costs. – less
High volume call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodlawn, MDMay 9, 2014
A typical day at Prometric was meeting the established metric goal for each incoming call. There are various exams, and for each and every exam the rules vary, depending on what state you may live in as well as the type of exam. Candidates would often have questions which as a CSR you would have to review the answers on Prometric's website. Because – more... of the high volume of calls, there was little time for bonding with co-workers. – less
Excellent work environment
Nurse Aide Evaluator (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMMay 1, 2014
Pros: independence with scheduling and in work setting
I enjoy meeting the candidates who are testing to become CNAs. The young people are fun, energetic and have good beginning skills for a CNA.
The other reviews arent so far fetched
Manager laborer (Former Employee), Watching management do nothingApril 12, 2014
Pros: cold pizza served once a month
Cons: too many to list
Constant turnover. You do your job and your boss will still find some dumb excuse to keep you on your toes. Like scare tactics will make me want to better myself! Managment has daily meetings but nothing improves.

The best employees they had quit on them and instead of improving quality of life they just hired more servants. Stay far away the company – more... was bought and sold more than you want to know. – less
Oh Boy, Where Do I Begin?
Admin (Former Employee), Dallas, txMarch 25, 2014
Pay is great, you're essentially a babysitter.
The work is easy, easiest job I've ever had.

The management or lack there of is the true problem.

Just some of these things I've witnessed:

+ Certain people have the luxury of being late/completely not showing up and they'll end up not even getting a verbal warning from management...while it seems that – more... other "non-preferred" employees get hunted down for being 5 mins late due to traffic/reasonable circumstances.

+ Certain people flaunt their promiscuity with management as a badge of honor, and proudly trot about and do as they please as if they're behind a force field...which they are. Being a loose goose has it's perks. Let's see...mid shift parking lot rendezvous? Check. Taking business trips and sharing a hotel room together? Check. And the beat goes on, and on. Nothing wrong with getting a little intimate with your boss. Everything wrong with using that against people.

+ It's like this company praises the terrible people and punishes the good ones, so if you're planning on working here make sure that you do a terrible job...you may stick around longer that way.

+ Age discrimination. Yep.

+ Racial discrimination. Double yep.

So in short, if you're looking for a headache with decent pay then this is the place to be.

(for Indeed)

Typical day: Babysitting some computers. That's it, literally.
What you learned: Bleh
Management: Read the above.
Coworkers: Some good ones, some bad. The bad will smite you with their affiliations with management.
Hardest part: environment
Most enjoyable: Going home. – less
Nice company to start a career
Employee (Current Employee), BaltimoreMarch 12, 2014
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: compensation
I have learned a lot at Prometric. Its a busy pace kind of work and team work is a key tool. I enjoy helping our candidates to get their certifications doing all I could. I love the way we can coordinate with all departments to make things happen. The bad thing is compensation and recognition.
Good job
Testing Accommodations Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2014
No complaints, simple job and the hours are convenient. Management is really adamant about good attendance and efficiency so it's not the kind of place to slack off.
not for a career
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2014
job level good for retired folk and, good for a first job, but not good for self support
What I learned
Proctor (Current Employee), VariesDecember 31, 2013
Pros: paid travel
Cons: short lunch breaks
The hours vary. Sometimes there is plenty of work other times there is none.
Horrible company to work for!
TCA (Former Employee), Camarillo, CADecember 18, 2013
Cons: too many to list!
I worked as a TCA (Test Center Administrator) for this company for almost three years and I can honestly say it was and still is a terrible place to work. There is no management what so ever! Zero communication, unless you have done something wrong. You are NOT valued as an employee or as a human being by anyone in upper management. Petty office drama – more... is constant. Get ready to be thrown under the bus and reprimanded for anything you do that is not permitted, which is basically everything. The TCM that reviewed Camarillo is 100% accurate!! Thankfully the DM and TOM are both gone now. Unfortunately they promoted a male TCA to TCM and the office is more dysfuntional than ever! Some of the TCA's are great, professional and friendly. In closing, if you decide you want to work for Prometric, expect to be be treated poorly, reprimanded often and not valued! – less
Test Center
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDOctober 25, 2013
Security
Policies
Different Certifying test

I like being able to provide a service to candidates that come into to test. I know that most of them are stressed and Its fun to get them to relax.
Awsome and very fun Job!
Site Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 14, 2013
Cons: management, provided training, flexable hours, great pay/benifits, very professional enviorment.
This Job is awesome! Opportunity for advancement from all levels. Management and employees are great and very easy to work with.

This company is an overall success.
Horrible
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee), Merrillville, INOctober 7, 2013
This place is a terrible business. Management and communication between the two is nonexistent.
Prometric Test Center Manager, Camarillo, CA
Test Center Manager (Former Employee), Prometric Testing Center, Camarillo, CASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: working with excellent employess who were test center administrator!!
Cons: district and corporate regional managers lack leadership skills!!
Absolutely an unprofessional working environment based primarily on an incompetent District Manger who lacked the knowledge, skills and abilities as a leader to be in her position. (This review excludes the dedicated Test Center Administrator employees who consistently delivered outstanding customer service.) This company only administers minimal training – more... upon your hire as a manager only to determine if you will sink (be a failure) or swim (be successful.) There is no training whatsoever after you're hired!! And when you make an mistake there is no remedial training!! You are promptly given a Written Reprimand! You are NOT empowered to make any decisions that you believe will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Test Center. And any ideas, suggestions or recommendations you present is coldly discouraged and/or ignored. Ultimately, if you prove yourself to be a competent manger more so than your District Manager, the company resorts to terminating your employment. In closing, which is not disclosed in the job announcement, you are constantly monitored by surveillance cameras and audio microphones to catch you making a mistake. And, you will be subject to Secret Shoppers and surprise audits in a further attempt to catch you doing something wrong. I hope this helps to inform you what you're getting into if you want to work at a Prometric Testing Center. – less
Run, don't walk, away from this company
Site Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 26, 2013
Cons: everything
A typical day at this company leaves you scratching your head. There is ZERO chance for advancement, people are hired into positions and that is all. Management has absolutely no care for employees under them and will fire anyone for speaking out. Co-workers are typically elderly females that know nothing about computers, which leaves younger employees – more... to do everything. The only enjoyable part of the day is the coffee that I bought because the company was too cheap to buy some for us. – less
Worked with good people. All productive, willing to help each other when needed.
Exam Shipping Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 23, 2013
The Company was ok. Small company when I started. Was bought out several times, each time not as good as the former though.Some days were more stressful than others, but we all worked together to meet goals. The employees are what made it enjoyable.
Productive and fun workplace
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 29, 2013
Pros: the people you worked with
Cons: staffing
You were continually taking calls. The calls could be from candidates looking for information , candidates wanting to schedule or reschedule exams,or candidates that were unhappy with their testing experience This helped keep the job interesting because of the diversity of calls and also because we handled multiple clients. It was a high paced environment. – more... We also assisted other departments during low call volume times.
I think the most important thing I learned while working here was patience. We had a large volume of candidates whose first language was not English so you had to go slowly and repeat he information to insure they understood you.
The hardest part of the job was not being fully staffed at the beginning of peak periods for contracts and feeling overwhelmed until additional staff could be trained.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to people from all over the country and knowing that in some small way you had helped them achieve their career goal. – less
Horrible job
TCA (Former Employee), USAugust 20, 2013
Cons: everything about the company
By far the worst job I've ever had. Upper management only care about themselves. They claim to have this family atmosphere but things couldn't be further from the truth. They treat workers like garbage and try to get them to fail, which is why they have an extemely high turn over rate. No room for advancement, low pay, 10-14hr shifts, no flexibility, – more... and bad benefits. – less

1 2 3

About Prometric

Prometric is a trusted test development and delivery provider to more than 400 organizations worldwide. On their behalf, we securely – Read more