Prometric Employee Reviews in United States

Poor Management and Out-dated technology
Certified Testing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 25, 2016
Management shows favoritism and doesn't communicate effectively to employees. Management doesn't follow protocol or procedures. While the company has benefits, it is difficult to take your vacation, sick time, or personal days. Employees are scrutinized, audited, and belittled on a daily basis. There is constant turn around in this location and other locations.
The worst part of working at Prometric is the technology. Servers, computers, and software is outdated and is a constant disruption in launching tests.
Pros
Benefits, Location
Cons
Management, Out-dated Technology
fun
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 5, 2016
I can't express the fun we have everyday. Testing candidates for future employment is so exciting. The environment is excellent.
Wonderful Company Culture
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMarch 28, 2016
Prometric looks to provide a work/life balance for all employees. They have an open-door policy so anyone is able to speak with Leadership regardless of title at anytime. A typical day in a Supervisor role is full of multi-tasking and on the spot meetings depending on system concerns and of course an escalated candidate regarding a scheduling or fee concern.
Pros
Cafe is open seating for conversations
CNA License
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 18, 2016
Prometric was able to give me the skills needed to further my education in the medical field and ultimately advance into the senior industry
No complaints
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 7, 2016
The job is essentially baby-sitting adults. There will be cleaning, paperwork, weird test candidates and office drama. No other description necessary.
Pros
Tight schedule, good money.
Cons
Office drama and high stress, due to the weight of tests, on candidates being increased by the strictness of center protocols.
Mindless non-changing routine
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Low wages, mundane work, little or no care for employees. Typical day is the same every single day. No variety, no changes, no hope for advancement or change.
Pros
No thought process involved
Cons
Day to day sameness makes for a boring work life
great place to work
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Great Work/ Life Balance

Flexibility for working families

401K for part-time as well as holiday pay

Customer Service/ providing exceptional service to the public by administering computer-based exams such as the GRE, MCAT, TOFEL, MAINS, and FINRA.
Nice work environment
IT Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDFebruary 1, 2016
This place is a nice place to work for. The pay could be better but still a good place. Needs more advancement opportunities.
it ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
Sr Management is ok they give you the support you need in the field, but there is no opportunity for advancement unless you live in Baltimore MD area.
Computers
Certified TCA (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 10, 2016
Mostly working on computers. management was okay. Co workers are okay. trying to stay awake. You sit in fromt of a computer all day and get up every 10 mins and make sure no one is cheating.
This place is a circus with clowns as managers!!!
Test Administrator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 24, 2015
BEWARE!!!! This place is not a good place to work if you have plans of a future. It is only suitable for retirees . The "clown " I worked for hired his girlfriend although he was married ; then cut everyone else's hours making sure the girlfriend got 35 hours per week. We (prior employees) trained the both of them and then were slowly weeded out. I understand there has been at least 4 administrators since we left there . Underpaid for the workload !!!! Oh by the way, the girlfriend has since quit ... Go figure...
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Incompetent management
The worst job I ever had
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDNovember 23, 2015
If you enjoy being micromanaged, under paid and think 10 minutes out of an 8 hour a day is enough time to use the rest room, Then prometric is the place for you. The requirement's are very high and the pay is extremely low. Promotions are base on favoritism not actual competency and hard work. Don't expect to get more than a 26 cent raise despite the hard work and long hours you may give the company. I would not recommend prometric to anyone. There is nothing enjoyable about this job or work environment. I do believe the previous post with 3-4 stars boasting about the company where written by management.
Pros
Cons
everything
Educational and Rewarding
Part Time - Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2015
A typical day working with Prometric as a field employee has been nothing less than a wonderful experience for me. It was always rewarding knowing that our professional demeanor and added smiles to ease any tension that comes with testing was received as we intended and acknowledged with thanks at the end of each session per the participants and the site supervisor.

I really can not say that there was anything hard about this job and I reiterate, it was always enjoyable.
Pros
Great Team Always
Cons
Can not say that were any.
This was a very high security envoronment.
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 3, 2015
I had a very comfortable working relationship with supervisor. We knew the daily challenges we were faced with ... so we just learned to be supportive with each other ... and made it a fun experience every day. The clients were always in high stress mode ... but we just stayed in relaxed mode.
Low pay, a lot of work
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
I worked as a test center administrator. There is no room for growth. a lot of work and pay is only $11 hourly. We had to do everything from checking id's to make sure they met requirements for the test the candidate was taking to wanding the candidates and requesting they do a pocket search to putting canddates through a long check in process that sometimes required photos and fingerprints and personal info to be taken, Then we explain test rules and regulations. We were expected to write a report for every thing from candidate bathroom breaks, etc. then when they finished testing we had to clean the desk computer they were working at. All of this had to be done very quickly or we would get backed up. We also had to walk the room every 10 minutes.We usually encountered 60 candidates daily. There were many other duties as well.
Pay is ridiculously low. Best part is meeting the test candidates.
Test Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2015
The best thing about the job are the interesting people that come through the doors everyday. The job is very simple but made difficult by absolutely ridiculous demands placed on employees. The job lacks the professionalism that should be associated with what we are doing.
Pros
Flexible hours/days
Cons
lack of pay, no recognition for a "job well done" only complaints get attention
Underpaid with overwhelming workload
Test Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
High turnover rate because Prometric does not care about their employees. They do not take incentives to keep their employees. Underpaid job for an overwhelming workload. However, the experience obatined will benefit me in the future.
Productive work place
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJuly 29, 2015
My day would start with me opening the mail and separating nurse aide applications from the nurse aid renewals after I paper batch the applications then I scan the applications and the renewals into the data base then I file the paper batch applications and renewals away in a file cabinet
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJuly 29, 2015
Great company to work for they have a lot of rewards for hard workers. Call center environment extremely busy at times and plenty of opportunities for advancement. They promote within.
Pros
They keep you busy.
Cons
Not a lot of temp to perm positions.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJuly 26, 2015
Day to day I process applications from different states in the United States. The management really cares about their employees and meet with us every week. Most enjoyable job is how they show your appreciation to our hard work and worked with my hours while finishing up school. Hardest part of the job is that I do not feel as challenged as I could some where else.