Promise Hospital Of San Diego Employee Reviews

needs work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2017
this place keeps getting bought out and almost shut down a couple times. other than that it just needs work. could be a great place to work with the right people in charge that know what they are doing and knows how to run a hospital.
Most employees are great to work with.
Pros
vacation, salary, people
Cons
management
Corporate Office Is Not Great
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2017
Promise San Diego is great, they really work hard to be the best and provide the best care for their patients. Unfortunately, the Corporate Office is not so great. They undermine everything the local business does. They micro manage, and do not pay their bills. They promise much but don't deliver. It is sad what they have done to this little hospital.

They refuse to pay for needed fixes and equipment repairs. Shame on them!
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Corporate refuses to provide the needed repairs.
small hospital family atmosphere every knows employees names
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2016
Friendly hospital but underfunded. Treated patients with respect
and knew their likes and dislikes.

Due to Management changes some managers were difficult to
work with but were soon replaced.
Pros
Small Hospital
Cons
management changes
Challenging long term acute care facility
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2015
Providing patient care for up to 6 clients under supervision of a Registered Nurse.

I gained a greater understanding for nursing in general. This has improved my ability to be a healthcare provider.

During my employment management was undergoing some staffing issues. Upper management was being completely re-staffed. This resulted in changes and overlap of policies and regulations that required some time to become acclimated to.

The staff in general was kind and helpful. Senior nurses and RNs were always willing to assist with difficult assignments. They were knowledgeable and helped me improve my patient care skills.

Shifts were 12 hours long and nurses cared for up to 6 patients. After some time I became accustomed to this pace. The stress of care for very ill patients can be heavy. I needed to stay diligent in protecting myself from communicable diseases and at times had to deal with the death of my patients.

I felt a true sense that I was helping people and impacting their lives working as a nurse. The gratitude received from my patients often offset the stress of the job.
Pros
Positive impacts on people lives
Cons
Exposure to disease and death
best place
MS telemetry (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2015
promise is a long term acute hospital and I speak highly of that hospital. They are the one that gives me an opportunity to grow and expand my knowledge in nursing.
CA - Respiratory Therapist, Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 7, 2015
My coworkers were helpful and knowledgeable with good team work. The management was excellent and supportive. The hardest part of the job was to see suffering of the patients and the most enjoyable part of the job was how much I could do to help them heal.
Productive environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 26, 2014
The work place here is ok I feel like there is a lack of team work, communication, and a lack of care here among certain nurse's
Pros
lunch cards
Cons
dont give out ceus, lack of education, lack of team work
12 hour shifts
CNA, RNA, HHA (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2013
Promise Hospital is a very professional place to work. Serve three meals, Vitals sign's every four hours, PT Care, PT turned and repositioned every two hours, I work with two to four nurses. Acute care PT and Sub-acute care PT, wound care, cardiac, infection control
Pros
work with two to four Nurses
Cons
12 hour shifts are two long, with commutting it is over a 15 hour day
It's a peaceful and quiet workplace not many heavy traffic
Medical Assistant/Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 30, 2012
Hours are flexible sometimes and the co-workers are very easy to work with
Pros
get meal tickets for $9.00
Cons
no longer having 8 hour shifts
I enjoyed working here at the start of my employment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 25, 2012
Pro: pays new grads the best
Cons: They have a hard time with employee retention, and it shows. Orientation is not sufficient for new grad new hires.

Too many things to name. I did enjoy working here once, I only hope it settles down for all my friends that still work there.
Pros
new grad pay, floor staff care and work hard
Cons
management, always short staffed, asking people to do doubles all the time, burning out their good nurses fast!
Great people work their
Mental health worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2012
They have a lot of different resources for the patients their. It is a good place to go if patient has more than psych problems,
Pros
friendly staff, fun activities, people. who care
Cons
pay, no breakfast served to staff
This really is a wonderful place to work
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  San DiegoDecember 31, 2011
Thons is company is very family oriented. they have comapany picnics in the summer, beautiful christmas partys they do tons of charity work giving back to the community through out the entire year. from boys and girls club to christmas in july to suicide walks. i worked there for almost eight years although the pay wasnt great it really was the best eight years of my career.
Pros
caring, friendly people
Cons
slow in pay advancments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Promise Hospital Of San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

Promise Hospital Of San Diego Reviews by Location