PROMISE HOSPITAL

PROMISE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Laid Back, fun working environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: Only one full time position in phlebotomy
Promise Hospital is a very laid back hospital. It is not a big hospital, so majority of the relationships become personal. The employees for the most part are very nice and friendly. It is really a nice place to be an employee of.
A good work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Paramount, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: earning PTOs
Cons: off days
Some days at work are good whole some days are demanding. Since I started working here, I have learnt a lot of things concerning patient care and safety, customer service and relationship with co-workers. I also learnt about a different hospital setting - sub-acute.the hardest part of the job is dealing with vent patients, while the enjoyable part of the job is coping with patients and staff.
Very unorganized
Nursing Supervisor/Case Manager/Utilization Review (Former Employee), Shreveport LAMarch 24, 2015
I did not know from day to day the operations and order of duties.

My role changed constantly.

I did not mind helping in every department, but became very draining
Loved working for Promise and knew Management was supportive of me and my abilities as a Case Manager
RN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), Bossier City, LouisianaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: management support
Cons: distance from home daily - south shreveport to north bossier city
Loved Case Management - work day very full and satisfying when reviewing information with patient and family, insurance companies when applicable and finding the most appropriate place for patient when discharge date was known.
Thought I would like to retire and found that being retired is not something that I enjoy, would like very much to work out of home as a case manager.
Will be able to travel when necessary.
Very productive working wirh disable people
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 16, 2014
It was satisfactory working and help elderly people, I learn how to handle every one needs, according to their health conditions. The administration let me learn more than my expectations as well from all of my co-workers. the hardest part for me to learn, was to know every one health conditions and thank to that I learn how to care them.
Productive and busy workplace.
Student PTA (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great work experience and exposure of many different diagnoses. cohesive staff (wound care, ot, st, rt, etc.) have weekly meetings
Cons: nursing staff and cnas stretched too thin.
A typical day at work would include a complete patient case load of 10-12 patients on average daily, including ICU patients. I would spend anywhere from 30 minutes to 60 with patients. I provided transfers, bed mobility training, gait training, and therapeutic exercises; alongside the Occupational Therapist. I learned a lot about patient transfers, detailed documentation, time management with a full case load, and the more acute setting overall. I appreciated and enjoyed working in a cohesive environment where all the different professions were in constant communication with each other. I enjoyed getting to be so involved where it was not a mundane environment. I enjoyed doing patient transfers and having a lot of responsibility.
Exciting with new outcomes daily
Long Term Acute Liaison (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJune 26, 2014
Pros: rewarding knowing you are helping people
Cons: insurance companies not utilizing this level of care more.
Promise is a long term acute care hospital that cares for chronically ill patients. Promise does a good job managing there patients with the correct therapy, antibiotic course and physician management.
demanding, DON was great, coworkers great
LPN, Wound Care Coordinator (Former Employee), mesa, azMarch 24, 2014
Pros: education access
Cons: change in mtg frequently
Excellent pay/ benefits, assisted with educational needs, hardest part of job was getting to know new upper mtg/supervisors they change frequently
good experience
telemetry tech (Current Employee), La Mesa, CAFebruary 13, 2014
its really a good company, good atmosphere for work, a very nice team so professional in there job, good atmosphere for chronic cases patients, nice management and perfect place to work in it. but i am only a per-diem so i need another job .
My review
Medical Surgical/Behavioral Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2014
poor company to work for under the last management, inexperienced managers. The entire behavioral unit was closed due to the incompetence of the acting manager.
Fun but professional atmosphere
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Nederland, TXJanuary 9, 2014
great supervisors, great team player, and great coworkers
Fun Place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Nederland, TXOctober 28, 2013
Fun but stressful! That's Healthcare! Very high pace and you must pay attention to detail.
Tele/med surge nurse
Registered Nurse- Telemetry/Med-Surge (Current Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 21, 2013
I work in a fast paced acute tele/medsurge unit, I care for up to 6 patients, but this varies based on census, I work with a diverse group of hardworking caring individuals, who all share my passion of excellent patient care.
An organization in the early stages of development
PHYSICAL THERAPIST & REHAB MANAGER (Current Employee), Oxford, FLJune 30, 2013
An organization in the early stages of development. Does not have the administrative systems in place for efficient operation.
I would never recommend this job to anyone
Clerical/ nurse support (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 23, 2013
Pros: 12 hour shifts 4 days off
Cons: hard to get breaks, lot of favortism, horrible pay, extremely overworked
This is the Most horrible place to ever work at. The managment is
terrible they just care about themselves. On there website they say oh the care and value there employees! Thats a lie for sure, you never get raises and if you do its hardly anything. The employees that hardly do any work im sure gets paid all the money, while the employees that are hard workers always goin out there way, doing all the work and everybody else's too don't even get paid anything. They should be ashamed. You will work so hard here and its never appreciated. They show they appreciate you by throwing tons an tons of more work on you. Thats there we appreciate you.
Good work enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Paramount, CAJune 6, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: per diem
I would come into work, fill prescriptions, make rounds around the hospital, fill up each station with meds. Made some iv's as well.
Paramedic
Paramedic (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSMay 12, 2013
Pros: uniform is paid for
Cons: poor management, poor "team leaders", little pay, and constantly decreasing the benefits
I've learned that nothing from the management except what the lack of management causes. Poor morale coupled with questionable management would not allow for me to recommend anyone to apply to this company.
a stepping stone to get your foot in the door to the Medical Field
Admitting Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: weekends off
Cons: corporate own hospital
A typical day at work was data entry for patient info so they can be admitted to our Hospital, recieved signatures from patients and outpatients so they can treated. Mnagement did their routine checks everyday to see if things were running smoothly. The Admitting department and employess on each shift did their job to speed the process up. The hardest part of the job, was verifying insurances. I wasnt really trained in that part.
Hard working environment with good tuition
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 20, 2012
Pros: hands on experience with good tuition
Cons: benefits are poor.
Hard working environment. Great for a new graduate to learn many aspects of nursing in a Long Term Acute Care facility. Teaches new grads multi tasking skills and time management, both of which are ciritcal when nursing in a LTAC facility.
Typical Hospital Setting
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 14, 2012
Pros: techs assisted me in learning new technologies
Cons: the lab manager often misplaced blame on employees for work that he did not do himself, (he no longer works here)
This was a typical Hospital job, doing rounds, and then assisting in the Lab and for blood draws as necessary.

About PROMISE HOSPITAL

Promise Healthcare, Inc. is a Florida-based hospital management company that owns and manages hospitals throughout the country. – Read more