PROMISE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Tough place to work for
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 10, 2017
Horrible staff to work with. Horrible management. Horrible stressful understaffed hospital with no ability to advance in your career. This is basically a nursing home not a hospital. There is not even an emergency room!
great place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, LAOctober 10, 2017
great team work, staff easy to get along with. easy to talk to administration. easy work schedule, no need to take off, unless emergencies or unforeseen sickness.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSOctober 8, 2017
It's a good company to work for if u for a nurse or cna.And not prn which is as needed because you might get hours and you might not the department I'm in I dont work unless someone is out.
Great job, and people
(LTAC) - Certified Nurse's Aide(STNA) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 5, 2017
I loved working here and was sad to leave. The nurses are intelligent, friendly and kind. It was a great job.I really felt like I made a difference, and that the work i was doing was important.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Occasional grouchy or difficult patients, such is life.
Telemetry, call lights, Crazy ringing
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 4, 2017
Monitored telemetry. Called nurses of something was not Within normal parameters.
Had to answer call lights and then call nurses or aids and send them to patients rooms.
The call light phone NEVER stopped ringing and you were the only one to answer them. There are clerks but they rarely answer the calls.
Had to measure the tele strips and note any abnormal rhythms.
Pros
Learn how to measure tele strips and read telemetry
Cons
Phone constantly ringing.
Great Place to Work
LPN (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Great staffing, great patient/nurse ratio. Great benefits. Love the intensity and the fast pace work. New scheduling changes make it difficult if you have children.
Cons
Schedule Changes
Stressful, Unbalanced
Administrative Assistant/Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Unbalanced. Slow. Culture was high tension due to not knowing day to day if you would have a job or not and due to low census you were required to take days off and use your PTO. Most enjoyable part was working in Admissions. The HR person is very professional and helpful.
ok place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 12, 2017
Not enough hours, seasona and hours are l based on # of patients, regardless if you where hired as a 40 hr employee. pay is good if you can get hours .
It is a complicated workload and makes you learn a lot.
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 1, 2017
I have the opportunity to learn something everyday due to the high acuity, pt ratios, and workload of patient assignments. The patients are really sick and sometimes I have 5 ventilator dependent patients that need care.
Stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 29, 2017
Having to clean rooms fast for no reason, the only housekeeper for 8 hours, stocking 4 linen closets, and clean 6 bathrooms. Trying to get to many rooms cleaned in a very short time.
Pros
Helping patients and family members
Cons
Expecting too much for 1 person
Great Work Environmet
Coding Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSAugust 29, 2017
Great company to work for, ensured all staff had necessary tools to perform job duties to include training as needed. Management was hand-on in day to day operations and was visible throughout the day on the floor to staff as well as patients and visitors.
Pros
Family Atomosphere
Cons
No cons
fast paced and stressful
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAAugust 25, 2017
I would recommend working here if you have a lot of experienced in the past. Once you clocked in we get so busy right away dealing with last night orders, family, and Doctors in the morning. I also, recommend that what ever you do with patients, make sure you document everything this will protect your license.
Pros
free lunch and cheap movie tickets
Cons
short breaks and demanding patients and family
long term care facility
Director Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAAugust 16, 2017
The company did not want to invest into the organization, which cause stress to the environment Equipment and facility needed to be updated and no capital to correct. Therefore not able to obtain physicians to come.
401k was not good for investment for your future..
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor corporation
an ok hospital
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Paramount, CAJuly 31, 2017
staff is pretty friendly, I like the free coffee in the cafeteria every day. Nursing directors are very strict good luck getting days off. Not a big hospital but can get pretty busy.
Promise Hospital
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 12, 2017
A typical day at work with Promise is busy, productive and rewarding. I've learned to make decisions slowly, to check my work twice and to be accountable for what is assigned to my hands. The culture of the workplace is very diverse and friendly. The hardest part of the job is watching patients come and go because you get attached to them. But it is worth seeing them leave with smiles on their faces because the stay has been pleasant. The most enjoyable part of the job is the daily challenges. Never a dull moment or repetition. There is always something different happening daily.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Stressful
Promise was a great company to work for. I was sad to see the company leave the Houston area.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
Great company to work for. I was sad to see the company leave the Houston area. They paid their employees well and offered great benefits. I was a positive environment to work in.
I enjoy me job and like working at Promise.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 28, 2017
Promise is a good place to work. I love working here. I have worked here full time as well as part time. I have always had a good relationship with my manger.
productive work place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2017
I really enjoyed working at promise my coworkers were very nice to work with. The level of patient care was amazing to be a part of and to see. Promise Hospital is great.
Greatplacetowork
Intern (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 14, 2017
A typical day of work at Promise is relaxed and fast paced at the same time. The environment is busy, everyone going about their business throughout the day. But friendly enough where everyone can take the time to help each other out, do lunch together and speak in passing. The culture is diverse and relaxed to me. Those who are already friends and have worked together the longest tend to be together breaks and lunch. You can pretty much tell the differences in the departments by the groups. The hardest part of the job is watching the different patients arrive with their different ailments. But the enjoyable part is watching them leave better, whole and smiling on their way out. Overall, it is a good job, with very decent pay, good people, a great cafeteria, and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Laid back, but busy environment
Cons
messy people on every job
Negative experience
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 4, 2017
Large company that has great potential. Corporate office appears to be establishing a management team that is working to improve quality and patient safety, but management at the local level needs to be evaluated. Salary appears to be among the best in the area, but staff required to hold multiple roles and position and is frequently over worked with poor work life balance. Poor leadership, management, and oversight. Local management more interested in things looking right on paper rather that actually ensuring that having the right staff, right patient care, and right management. Very little team work and no organization. Staff moral low, high staff turnover. This is a good place for people who do not care about real patient care and safety to work. Employee with values and good work ethics do not stay here long. With new management this could be an awesome place.
Pros
Large company, great potential, good salary
Cons
Poor leadership, management, decreased staff moral, working in multiple roles, no team work organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PROMISE HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.