PromoWorks

PromoWorks Employer Reviews

Free to choose the days I want to work
Bilingual Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: bonus, good management
Cons: not good benefits
I usually arrive 15 minutes earlier to organize everything about the product I'm going demonstrate then I start greeting all the customers that approach my table, offering them samples.

I learned to tell the customers what is really important about the sample, like and also to respond their questions.

My co-workers are very nice, I made a lot of friends, – more... including people that work in the stores I use to go. – less
Flexible hours, good pay.
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Roanoke, VA and San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: schedules you select
Cons: not enough hours
Promoworks is a great company, but since Crossmark's takeover, not so much.
Lead Event Specialist in the Watertown, NY (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: work on your own, good pay for what you do
Cons: provide your own equipment
I found demos to be a little boring if the store was not busy, so it was not a good match for me. With this company I had to provide all my own equipment. This was a little difficult moving things into and out of the store, sanitizing and reloading in the car. Fun working with kids and seniors. Always that one customer that makes your day.
Loyalty Program / Sales Promotion
Marketing Area Coordinator (Former Employee), Maandaluyong City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesDecember 13, 2013
Pros: free meal, transportation allowance, communication
Cons: one hour meal break
This job used to be my home for almost six years. This wrok embraced and molded me to become a more competitive employee nowadays. There were times that the expectations was too high but all I did was just to do the best of me and see what will happen in the end. I handled the loyalty program of Unilever Philippines based in the supermarkets and it – more... was really a great experience wherein learning were just in your from and it is up to you if you are going to seize it or not but I grab all the learning. I do clerical works such as encoding, request for cash budget and liquidate. I also hire, train and evaluate employees. I have established a very good rapport with the supermarket owners, managers and its staff. The hardest part of this is when I was about to end up my work because the program was about to end. – less
• accurately. Responsible for conducting a thorough interview by phone or in person as directed and also to engage of potential Engagement Specialist
Field Ambassador (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILDecember 4, 2013
• Planned work schedules and assigns duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads
• Collaborated with workers and managers to solve work-related problems
• Reviewed work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
• Familiar with word – more... processing programs, i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. – less
Since they have gone completely computer contact the management is "cold"!
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 30, 2013
Pros: paid for the half hour break.
Cons: standing for five or six hours. no telephone contact anymore.
Most of this is in the previous resume. One fact is that it took over ten years to go from $10.00 an hour to $11.00 - which we just started getting in 2013. We rarely see co-workers unless they happen to be working at the same store on the same day. Most of the jobs require dragging a cooler to the location . . . which PromoWorks does not pay us for. – more... We write it in on the Time Invoice but it is just ignored. They do pay us for other equipment: microwave, toaster oven, skillet or coffee pot. We also now have a display rack that PromoWorks supplied us with that we sometimes take to certain jobs, but they don't pay for that either.
The hardest part of the job I would say is standing for five or six hours ! The most enjoyable part is meeting and greeting consumers and getting their reaction to new products! – less
Great first job
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: they do not offer enough hours
.easy
.gets you good work experience
.flexible hours
.work alone
.learn a lot from what customers like and dislike
Great career for 30 years. Retired as a MSG E8, you cannot find a better retirement.
MSG E8/Master Sergeant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2013
Pros: an exciting career with a wonderful retirement package, free medical for the rest of your life.
Cons: no cons working for the army.
There is no typical day working for the Army, each day provides new problems to be solved. You never knew what the day would bring so an exciting job. The most enjoyable part of my job
was to keep my soldiers happy and ready to deploy at any
time.
Be Prepared To Work Many Hours For Free
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), New York StateNovember 1, 2013
Pros: part time - work life balance
Cons: many hours of unpaid time
First of all let me start by saying as an engagement specialist you are not an employee of PromoWorks, but they do expect you to perform like an employee of the company in many ways. You are considered an independent contractor.

They set the rate of pay for the demos, not you. Weird since engagement specialists (ES) are independent contractors (ICs). – more... They also claim to audit and oversee your events, again weird since ES's are supposed to be ICs.

There is a lot of unpaid time working demos before and after all demo events. You are only paid for the time you spend working in the store. You have to call the store to see if they have the product and if they do not have it, you need to find out when they will receive it, you need to call and activate your debit card, read up on the product so you know what you are talking about, pack your kit (which you need to store in your house before the demo) and equipment in the car for the demo etc. This is all unpaid time! Afterward you need to do a call report, copy your papers, write out the envelope, put a stamp on it and mail, wash your equipment and store again. Once again, all unpaid time, not to mention expense with ink cartridges and stamps.

If you don't have a skillet, microwave and toaster oven available to use for the demos, they will not want to hire you for future events even though some events are just sampling. More expense and more stuff to store.

Most of the time the store could care less whether you are there or not, as long as you are not set up in a bad location. You need to be extremely friendly and outgoing to the store employees as well as the customers.

They have you work exactly six hours with no lunch, only two 15 minute breaks not to be taken together or at the end of the day.

Don't refuse jobs or they will not call you again.

Just like any other job, the other ES's for the company are keeping their eye on you so they can go and tell the supervisor what you may be doing wrong.

Long story short, be on your toes at all times you never know who or what will come up to your table... – less
Productive and fun workplace with Baggo games
Titles - Senior .NET Developer (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 18, 2013
There was a process involved in every aspect of the business from acquiring and retaining human resources, marketing a product or service, supporting a product or service after the
sale, or researching new market opportunities. The details
of the business processes were well documented.
Increased our work efficiency through fine-tuning the way work – more... is performed. Having identified key processes to the business and the methods which to deliver them reduced operating cost and increased profit margins.
With clearly defined processes we as employees were able to fully understand our roles and responsibilities along with those of our co-workers.
Documented business processes reduced the learning curve and expectations were met.
Clearly defined processes created the ability to expand operations into new locations. As the business grows, a fully documented operating procedure allowed the company to operate “out-of-the-box”. Having processes fully defined and documented allowed operations to expand more efficiently.
This Organization had defined processes and could build new products or services faster by leveraging their efficient operations.
There were times when we had to deviate from the normal procedure to get the job done. However, properly defined and documented business processes set a bench mark where an operation and organization could grow.
Absolutely loved working in this environment and the wonderful people. – less
A Place of Transition
N/A (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: too much transition at one time
Customer service based where everything done is geared towards serving our external customers adjacent to internal customers.
Everyday is a learning experience but unfortunately, I havent learned anything new which stunts my overall growth.
Management has changed ALOT in the last 18 months and I have yet to experience the benefits of the changes.
My – more... co-workers are great.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with those that do not have the same work ethic.
The enjoyable part of the job is peforming the data analysis for the corporate office of a major client. – less
Great work place with even better people to work with
Promotion ad (Former Employee), ChicagoOctober 21, 2012
Pros: free food, drinks
Cons: distance
Great job had alot of fun working there. doing promotions for diffrent product and diffrents stores meeting new people all the time .
good pay and lots of free bonus perks from demonstrations
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 27, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: union dues
Good part time job for students or wife. A bad thing is, since we work inside of Safeway we have to join their union. We don't get any benefit from the union but the union collects our monthly $25 payment. Sometimes we won't have work for weeks and other times we will have tons. January is the slowest month. Don't expect to work.
A leader in CPG marketing
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 5, 2012
Pros: social outings; bags tournament, day at arlington.
Cons: no bonus. limited job growth.
This company gave me my introduction into the business world. I gained my first real life financial experices here. Management is very energetic. There is an annual bags tournament.
Good
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfield Country, CTJuly 1, 2012
Pros: fun, not that hard, get to see new products hit the markete
Cons: takes forever to get paid. a little petty on purchase out of the norm.
Not bad most of the time. You have to be somewhat organized. Prepare to get there at least 30 minutes early or sooner. You should have you own table microwave, some stores don't have them. Make friends with the managers and life will be good. Read the literature before the demo, you will often need extra things to bring from home or purchase.