PRONTO INSURANCE Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive Enviornment
Virtual Agent (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 29, 2015
Loved working here very productive enviornment very fast paced and the employees were very helpful and friendly. I recommend this job
Pros
understanding management
Cons
late working hours
good enviernment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Alton, TXNovember 19, 2015
I was a sales agent there, would help people get insurance in there vehicles and housings it was a good fun work place everyone was friendly, good management.
Interesting work environment
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 5, 2015
Pronto is in a unique environment and the market is unique because it is large percentage of new citizens and multi national policy holders. The market is bilingual and bicultural which makes marketing to that demographic a fun and interesting challenge.
Pros
Great hours
This company is a joke
agent (Current Employee) –  mcallenAugust 3, 2015
this job is not good, there is certainly favoritism and almost all the customers think this company is a joke my boss doesn't even make a schedule the "benefits" that they give you are also a joke and prepare to have no personal life whats so ever and since the sales are sooo competitive everyone is talking bad about each others stores so that no customer will come into your store and the are literally watching you on a camera the whole day this company honestly doesnt care about the customers all they care about is the sales. they dont even care about the employees we are just a number to them . while we get really bad pay my bosses boss are taking multiple vacations around the country and they talk down to you 100% of the time there has not been a time they talk to anyone in a humane like tone , and God forbid that one of our customers this your car because our claims and appraisal dept dont know what they are doing and they are super unprofessional
Good
Lead Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  San MarcosJuly 25, 2015
Pronto is a very good workplace to get started. They help you attain your Property and Casualtly license and have good trainers to help you learn the skills of what it is to be an Insurance Agent.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Enjoyed being a Sales Agent, seeing how satisfied customers would always leave the office.
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  El Campo TXJuly 11, 2015
Great team work always helping each other meet our tasks to accomplish the monthly Goals for the Company. Manager had a very positive attitude that would make co workers feel a lot more comfortable on asking questions in how to make the company a lot more productive.
Pros
flexible schedule
Easy to get along
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Is going on 7 months and it is a great company to start and grow. Only thing I hoped for is better management as I already had 4 different managers. This is my first job that I am currently working for as in a different field of car insurance. Like I said before it is a great company to work for as for to grow into a great career. This type of field will never sell out since it is a growing trend of insurance everybody needs it just like everybody need health insurance and life insurance.
Pros
Challenging, competitive and bonuses
Cons
Poor management low pay
Great
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Working for pronto is a very fun and exciting job. the hardest part about pronto is the state exam , within very little time to study the martial . The study guide is long and is very detail.
Pros
if you love to sale this is the job for you
Cons
study hard on the test
Productive Place
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 5, 2015
A typical at work is making phone calls, opening and closing policies, depositing, Increasing sales, interacting with customers,

I learn to make sales.

Management was great every time i needed help she will always help and every time I asked a Question she will always responded in the best mood.

My Co-workers were great we always worked as team to accomplish our goals.

There is no hard part of this job.

The most enjoyable part of this job are the customers because you always see new faces. They talk to you they even see you part as their family,you become to know them, sometimes if they are in a bad mood and they tell you u made my day is a very good feeling that you help them in every single thing.I enjoy working around Customers
Sales oriented job.
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LAREDO TXNovember 27, 2014
At present, I am a successful District Manager for Pronto Insurance in which my main accountabilities are to oversee over 10 stores to produce sales profit, keep operational standards high, and offer the best service and product to all customers. In the past 2 years as District Manager, I have been able to achieve a 20% profit exponentially for overall district sales, and have a district that ranks first in the company of over 120 stores. I am dedicated to results, a high level of communication, and getting sales.

Please contact me at to schedule a time to speak further about how I can bring success to your company. Until then, I thank you for your consideration.

Thanks
Alvaro Iglesias
"Stay Hungry!"
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
The agents, managers, and District Managers are hard working and strive to meet sales goals, provide great customer service, and grow the business. On the surface, Pronto Corporate office and upper management has a great culture of providing all the tools needed to support the field. Stay hungry and grow the business mentality!

Now lets pull back some layers on the Pronto culture. Pronto is based in the Valley and has been around since the 1990s. They are expanding into the big cities such as Austin, San Antonio, and Houston. Reviews from the Valley area locations will be positive because the locations are well established and the size of them are 75k - 200k. Hence, a huge chunk of the agent's or manager's paycheck is bonus based on size of location. Cost of living is much lower in this area as well when compared to the big city.

The tool that is missing for Austin, San Antonio, and Houston is compensation. A new hire starts at only $7.50/hr. Once they get a limited lines license, the pay goes to only $8.25/hr. Once they get a P&C license, the pay goes to only $9/hr. Plus, the new hire pays for all licensing fees, study materials, and tests associated with it. Several problems: 1) The competition pays $10/hr., $12/hr., and $15/hr. respectively. When a fellow agent does get their license, they move on to the competition. and this results in high, high, high turnover. 2) The hourly pay has been the same since 1997. 3) the cost of living in the big city is higher than the valley 4) When a location does grow, the hourly pay only bumps up in 25 cent increments. 5) a long term employee
  more... is about 2-6 months. 6) Overall, the unlimited income philosophy is a joke on the payout.

Other funny issues: 1) Unlimited income potential philosophy is preached. Hmmm...a high bar has to be reached first, the hourly pay is 15 years old, the competition pays more, lots of out-of-pocket expenses, high turnover. 2) Corporate loves spying on agents and locations on the cameras and reprimanding for it based on a snapshot. 3) Lots of pep rally type functions for the managers that takes place away from the big cities and causes staffing issues for locations because the manager is away. 3) Managers and agents will be expected to bounce around helping other locations not to grow the business...but to provide coverage due to high turnover and staffing issues. 4) expect to work on holidays when the competition is closed.

Bottom line:

Employees really do "Stay Hungry" at Pronto Insurance!!!

Advice:

It's embarrassing offering an adult $7.50/hr. Being more in line with the competition with compensation will foster several things: 1) Ability to hire better talent. 2) Reduce turnover 3) Stronger commitment to stay at Pronto to grow the business.

The model in the Valley would have worked in the big cities ...if...this was still the 1990s. It is 2014, the Valley is already established, and an updated agenda in the area of compensation is needed.

Finally, do a cost analysis of the time, resources, and money spent on the high turnover and apply it to a formula for a higher retention rate. You will find that being in line with the competition will be cost effective for Pronto and allow you to retain great employees to be able to grow the business with your marketing model.

Stay Hungry slogan currently means "Starving" to the average Pronto agent and manager in the areas Pronto is trying to grow - big cities!
Pros
great collegues, good marketing model, when the competition offers to hire you!
Cons
starving wages, health benefits are minimal & very expensive, expect to work holidays, spied on by corporate cameras, high turnover, etc!
its a secure full time job
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 4, 2014
Great opportunities, too much preassure on monthly sales, too much things to keep up with and very low pay
Pros
beach bash n christmas party
Cons
no lunch, low pay
Horrible Management, Horrible Employment Policies
Sales Manager -Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2014
This stupid company watches all of its agents with a camera located in each agency. You'll even get emails asking "why are you picking your nose"........these fools need something better to do than watching and harassing their agents all day by watching them in a camera. You'll often travel to Robstown, Corpus Christi or Brownsville to attend their idiotic meetings if your in management. Overall, I would not recommend anyone work here. The pay is very low, the responsibility is great and you'll work long hours. Pronto is poorly managed as they use a Brownsville, Texas business model to manage their agencies in the diverse and sophisticated cities of Houston, Austin and San Antonio. They have childish marketing.....enough.......this company makes me sick........
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, stress, stress and more stress.....horrible treatment of employees....low salary and shoddy benefits......
fun place to work!!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 4, 2014
I like working for pronto because I am motivated to sell insurance. I enjoy explaining what type of coverage we have and how beneficial it is to the customers. I enjoy marketing and telephone marketing. I overall like the sales business.
Pros
goal driven, fun
Cons
no lunch hour, health insurance too expensive
fast pace environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 28, 2014
ask customers for the business, multitask, work under pressure,
Productive day of helping customers.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TxMay 5, 2014
Everyday was something new and exciting . Learning new material and helping customers with questions and concerns about their auto and home polices.
Pros
sunday's off
Cons
short lunches
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXDecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work included answering phones making copies. I also set up clients with insurances and did client intake forms.
it was fun, loved working there
Tax Preparer/ trainer (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 2, 2013
the training department was so much fun, they make you feel welcome and at home.
Pros
lots of travel
Productive and Fun
SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXSeptember 23, 2013
very busy
everyday marketing was fantastic
co workers were very fun to be around
Sales Agent
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin,TexasSeptember 6, 2013
Calculate premiums and establish payment method. Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries, Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage, Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk. Install bookkeeping systems and resolve system problems. Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
Pros
knowledgeable underwriting department always willing to help, pronto provides great learning tools and extensive training prior to office placement
Cons
high turn over, unskilled management in promotion of company to prospects