PRONTO INSURANCE Employee Reviews

Little pay and too much work. Too much marketing not enough sales.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
They require you to open a whole location on your own and close on your own. And you are responsible for everything in between. You get trained to take a test which you pay over $100 dollars for out of your own pocket just for a .25 cent raise. They assure commission but I never knew of stores in the whole Houston area that ever hit their goal to start giving commission.
Pros
Some decorating activities were fun. There was always candy in the store.
Cons
Little pay, short lunch breaks, untruthful about job rewards
Great environment, great people, OUTSTANDING support
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
Pronto Insurance is a great company for someone just starting in insurance as you'll gain a lot of experience in not only sales but also marketing and taking ownership in satisfying the customer and delivering results. At a District Manager level, the support provided to the sales staff is amazing. The company revolves around the sales staff and schedules accordingly (literally). Feedback was constant and there was never an issue of distrust as everyone was open, honest and transparent in their communications.

The one thing I would change is the pay structure as sales agents and agency managers were underpaid and the commission structure was very poor.
Pros
Great people, open & honest communications, outstanding support
Cons
Overall compensation, benefits
Insurance Sales and Marketing
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 29, 2016
Customer service oriented workplace, selling policies and outside marketing. The hours were long and the pay was inadequate compared to other insurance agencies. Benefits were offered at reasonable rates, and lunches were provided on occasion.
great place to start
Agency Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2016
its a great place to get your foot in the door but if your great at your job you wont want to stay here long as the compensation structure is not set up to retain quality talent. As others have mentioned since 2007 the company has not revised its compensation but has more than tripled it earnings.
Pros
great start
Cons
no lunch, long hours, very low pay, no comission, only hourly and bonus structure is less that .01% of earnings!!
Productive and a fun work place.
Underwriting Auditing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 30, 2016
A typical day at work was on the computer for most of the day. We would be checking policies and making any corrections if required. I learned to be a more efficient worker and hit my goal daily. At work we would have fun but when it was time to work, we got on it. the hardest part about my job was sitting poor extensive periods of time. the most enjoyable part of my job was building a relationship with my co-workers and getting along well with each and everyone of them.
Pros
We got all our desk material on time to work more efficiently.
Cons
short breaks.
This company is a joke
agent (Current Employee) –  mcallenAugust 3, 2015
this job is not good, there is certainly favoritism and almost all the customers think this company is a joke my boss doesn't even make a schedule the "benefits" that they give you are also a joke and prepare to have no personal life whats so ever and since the sales are sooo competitive everyone is talking bad about each others stores so that no customer will come into your store and the are literally watching you on a camera the whole day this company honestly doesnt care about the customers all they care about is the sales. they dont even care about the employees we are just a number to them . while we get really bad pay my bosses boss are taking multiple vacations around the country and they talk down to you 100% of the time there has not been a time they talk to anyone in a humane like tone , and God forbid that one of our customers this your car because our claims and appraisal dept dont know what they are doing and they are super unprofessional
fun and ergetic workflow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 26, 2017
answer multi incoming calls, greed the customer o the phone, make outgoing calls t remind of payment collect payments, answer multi question regarding the insurance
Horrible Management, Horrible Employment Policies
Sales Manager -Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2014
This stupid company watches all of its agents with a camera located in each agency. You'll even get emails asking "why are you picking your nose"........these fools need something better to do than watching and harassing their agents all day by watching them in a camera. You'll often travel to Robstown, Corpus Christi or Brownsville to attend their idiotic meetings if your in management. Overall, I would not recommend anyone work here. The pay is very low, the responsibility is great and you'll work long hours. Pronto is poorly managed as they use a Brownsville, Texas business model to manage their agencies in the diverse and sophisticated cities of Houston, Austin and San Antonio. They have childish marketing.....enough.......this company makes me sick........
Pros
Cons
long hours, stress, stress and more stress.....horrible treatment of employees....low salary and shoddy benefits......
self employeed
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXJanuary 26, 2017
it was mostly customer service to our clients collecting bill payments wiring money through western union, also shiping outlet
too much work for small amounts of money
Sales Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2016
For the most part it's a pretty laid back job but they pay you under minimum wage and they want you to do so much for the company for a small amount of money.
Pros
Very Strong Culture and Great CO-Workers
Cons
Salary
Fun environment to work in
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 25, 2016
I honestly loved my position with Pronto insurance. My typical day was always fun with different daily activities the company pushes for interacting with customers. I learned to be myself and my sales will start to soar. I had only one agent when I resigned and she was a very sweet girl that was trained by another manager before I was hired. It was team work the whole time I was there.
Proactive environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Co-workers, multi calls regarding auto insurance, provide quotes on adding drivers or vehicles to the insured policy
Manage experience
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 26, 2016
Everything is centered around what goes on in the main office in Brownsville and nowhere else.

I received help from the people above me. This was a classic case of sink or swim
Pronto is going places
Executive Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 31, 2012
Pronto is a fast growing company in Texas. I can see this company expanding and offering more jobs. Everyday is fast pace with daily communication amongst co-workers and supervisors. Everyone is ready to work and willing to help. This company recognizes hard workers.
Pros
yearly summer beach bash, benefits
Good place to work at
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77049July 20, 2016
*good experience
*learn how to do customer service
*learned how to resolve any incident
*easy job
*learned how to multitask
Easy to get along
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Is going on 7 months and it is a great company to start and grow. Only thing I hoped for is better management as I already had 4 different managers. This is my first job that I am currently working for as in a different field of car insurance. Like I said before it is a great company to work for as for to grow into a great career. This type of field will never sell out since it is a growing trend of insurance everybody needs it just like everybody need health insurance and life insurance.
Pros
Challenging, competitive and bonuses
Cons
Poor management low pay
Not going back
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pharr,TXMarch 4, 2013
Wasnt given the raise promised. Never in a stationed place. Favortism among various people within the company. Did not know anything about either my dental or health insurance was never given the information.
Easy job
Conroe, Tx Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 9, 2016
easy job to start in the Insurance path. Easy Job. The pay is very low.
Fun people to work with. It would be a really good fit for a collage student.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2016
Greet customer. Inquire needs. Provide proper insurance coverage. Inform client of coverage. Market door to door. Answer phones. File documents. General cleaning duties
One of the best companies to work for
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 18, 2016
Like I said in my other review they are the nicest people you will ever meet always trying to push you to do more , they help you with everything they can , truly blessed to have worked In such a good company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRONTO INSURANCE. Our community is ready to answer.