PRONTO INSURANCE

PRONTO INSURANCE Employee Reviews

Good
Lead Sales Agent (Current Employee), San MarcosJuly 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Pronto is a very good workplace to get started. They help you attain your Property and Casualtly license and have good trainers to help you learn the skills of what it is to be an Insurance Agent.
Enjoyed being a Sales Agent, seeing how satisfied customers would always leave the office.
Sales Agent (Former Employee), El Campo TXJuly 11, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Great team work always helping each other meet our tasks to accomplish the monthly Goals for the Company. Manager had a very positive attitude that would make co workers feel a lot more comfortable on asking questions in how to make the company a lot more productive.
Easy to get along
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Challenging, competitive and bonuses
Cons: Poor management low pay
Is going on 7 months and it is a great company to start and grow. Only thing I hoped for is better management as I already had 4 different managers. This is my first job that I am currently working for as in a different field of car insurance. Like I said before it is a great company to work for as for to grow into a great career. This type of field will never sell out since it is a growing trend of insurance everybody needs it just like everybody need health insurance and life insurance.
Great
Sales agent (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: if you love to sale this is the job for you
Cons: study hard on the test
Working for pronto is a very fun and exciting job. the hardest part about pronto is the state exam , within very little time to study the martial . The study guide is long and is very detail.
Productive Place
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJanuary 5, 2015
A typical at work is making phone calls, opening and closing policies, depositing, Increasing sales, interacting with customers,

I learn to make sales.

Management was great every time i needed help she will always help and every time I asked a Question she will always responded in the best mood.

My Co-workers were great we always worked as team to accomplish our goals.

There is no hard part of this job.

The most enjoyable part of this job are the customers because you always see new faces. They talk to you they even see you part as their family,you become to know them, sometimes if they are in a bad mood and they tell you u made my day is a very good feeling that you help them in every single thing.I enjoy working around Customers
Sales oriented job.
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), LAREDO TXNovember 27, 2014
At present, I am a successful District Manager for Pronto Insurance in which my main accountabilities are to oversee over 10 stores to produce sales profit, keep operational standards high, and offer the best service and product to all customers. In the past 2 years as District Manager, I have been able to achieve a 20% profit exponentially for overall district sales, and have a district that ranks first in the company of over 120 stores. I am dedicated to results, a high level of communication, and getting sales.

Please contact me at to schedule a time to speak further about how I can bring success to your company. Until then, I thank you for your consideration.

Thanks
Alvaro Iglesias
"Stay Hungry!"
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great collegues, good marketing model, when the competition offers to hire you!
Cons: starving wages, health benefits are minimal & very expensive, expect to work holidays, spied on by corporate cameras, high turnover, etc!
The agents, managers, and District Managers are hard working and strive to meet sales goals, provide great customer service, and grow the business. On the surface, Pronto Corporate office and upper management has a great culture of providing all the tools needed to support the field. Stay hungry and grow the business mentality!

Now lets pull back some layers on the Pronto culture. Pronto is based in the Valley and has been around since the 1990s. They are expanding into the big cities such as Austin, San Antonio, and Houston. Reviews from the Valley area locations will be positive because the locations are well established and the size of them are 75k - 200k. Hence, a huge chunk of the agent's or manager's paycheck is bonus based on size of location. Cost of living is much lower in this area as well when compared to the big city.

The tool that is missing for Austin, San Antonio, and Houston is compensation. A new hire starts at only $7.50/hr. Once they get a limited lines license, the pay goes to only $8.25/hr. Once they get a P&C license, the pay goes to only $9/hr. Plus, the new hire pays for all licensing fees, study materials, and tests associated with it. Several problems: 1) The competition pays $10/hr., $12/hr., and $15/hr. respectively. When a fellow agent does get their license, they move on to the competition. and this results in high, high, high turnover. 2) The hourly pay has been the same since 1997. 3) the cost of living in the big city is higher than the valley 4) When a location does grow, the hourly pay only bumps up in 25 cent increments. 5) a long term employee – more... is about 2-6 months. 6) Overall, the unlimited income philosophy is a joke on the payout.

Other funny issues: 1) Unlimited income potential philosophy is preached. Hmmm...a high bar has to be reached first, the hourly pay is 15 years old, the competition pays more, lots of out-of-pocket expenses, high turnover. 2) Corporate loves spying on agents and locations on the cameras and reprimanding for it based on a snapshot. 3) Lots of pep rally type functions for the managers that takes place away from the big cities and causes staffing issues for locations because the manager is away. 3) Managers and agents will be expected to bounce around helping other locations not to grow the business...but to provide coverage due to high turnover and staffing issues. 4) expect to work on holidays when the competition is closed.

Bottom line:

Employees really do "Stay Hungry" at Pronto Insurance!!!

Advice:

It's embarrassing offering an adult $7.50/hr. Being more in line with the competition with compensation will foster several things: 1) Ability to hire better talent. 2) Reduce turnover 3) Stronger commitment to stay at Pronto to grow the business.

The model in the Valley would have worked in the big cities ...if...this was still the 1990s. It is 2014, the Valley is already established, and an updated agenda in the area of compensation is needed.

Finally, do a cost analysis of the time, resources, and money spent on the high turnover and apply it to a formula for a higher retention rate. You will find that being in line with the competition will be cost effective for Pronto and allow you to retain great employees to be able to grow the business with your marketing model.

Stay Hungry slogan currently means "Starving" to the average Pronto agent and manager in the areas Pronto is trying to grow - big cities! – less
its a secure full time job
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), Brownsville, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: beach bash n christmas party
Cons: no lunch, low pay
Great opportunities, too much preassure on monthly sales, too much things to keep up with and very low pay
Horrible Management, Horrible Employment Policies
Sales Manager -Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours, stress, stress and more stress.....horrible treatment of employees....low salary and shoddy benefits......
This stupid company watches all of its agents with a camera located in each agency. You'll even get emails asking "why are you picking your nose"........these fools need something better to do than watching and harassing their agents all day by watching them in a camera. You'll often travel to Robstown, Corpus Christi or Brownsville to attend their idiotic meetings if your in management. Overall, I would not recommend anyone work here. The pay is very low, the responsibility is great and you'll work long hours. Pronto is poorly managed as they use a Brownsville, Texas business model to manage their agencies in the diverse and sophisticated cities of Houston, Austin and San Antonio. They have childish marketing.....enough.......this company makes me sick........
fun place to work!!
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: goal driven, fun
Cons: no lunch hour, health insurance too expensive
I like working for pronto because I am motivated to sell insurance. I enjoy explaining what type of coverage we have and how beneficial it is to the customers. I enjoy marketing and telephone marketing. I overall like the sales business.
fast pace environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 28, 2014
ask customers for the business, multitask, work under pressure,
Productive day of helping customers.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Weslaco, TxMay 5, 2014
Pros: sunday's off
Cons: short lunches
Everyday was something new and exciting . Learning new material and helping customers with questions and concerns about their auto and home polices.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXDecember 4, 2013
A typical day at work included answering phones making copies. I also set up clients with insurances and did client intake forms.
it was fun, loved working there
Tax Preparer/ trainer (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXOctober 2, 2013
Pros: lots of travel
the training department was so much fun, they make you feel welcome and at home.
Productive and Fun
SALES AGENT (Former Employee), Mercedes, TXSeptember 23, 2013
very busy
everyday marketing was fantastic
co workers were very fun to be around
Sales Agent
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Austin,TexasSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable underwriting department always willing to help, pronto provides great learning tools and extensive training prior to office placement
Cons: high turn over, unskilled management in promotion of company to prospects
Calculate premiums and establish payment method. Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries, Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage, Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk. Install bookkeeping systems and resolve system problems. Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
overall I am looking for more of a stablity
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Houston TxAugust 5, 2013
Pros: loved my coworkers
Cons: things changed often
I didn't feel secure at this job the job was new to me I did like the atmosphere and just wanted more security and know that I was going to advance.
Fast Paced Enviroment
SALES AGENT (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 15, 2013
My first task when I open the office is to print the list of payments due for that week. Set everything up for every employee to get a copy of the list and start to plan the marketing goal for the day. Once everything is executed, collect premiums for the day and exceed daily goal.
Not professional at all.
Adjuster Trainee (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXApril 10, 2013
The work itself is great and interesting. You learn about loop holes in insurance policies; but the work environment is very unprofessional. The employees don't uphold a standard.
Not going back
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Pharr,TXMarch 4, 2013
Wasnt given the raise promised. Never in a stationed place. Favortism among various people within the company. Did not know anything about either my dental or health insurance was never given the information.

PRONTO INSURANCE Salaries