Propak Corporation

Propak Corporation Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 31, 2015
Company is very involved in the community and giving back. They taught me so much about the purchasing field and provided me with more knowledge than I could have asked for. There was always team work.
Very good company to work for if you are hard working and honest
Regional Manager II (Current Employee), OklahomaApril 12, 2015
Pros: Strong
Cons: Can be long hours during times of year, Warehouse environment (hot/cold)
Propak has been making some management changes at all levels of the company recently. I personally have enjoyed my time working with the company. Upper management has always followed through on things – more... we have talked about. Usually in a quicker timeline than I expected. I have hired many people to help bring us to the "next level". Some of these were outside people, but some were internal candidates that showed they were capable of stepping up to take more responsibility in line with the company goals. The corporate office staff to include Accounting, Admin, HR, and IT are all very helpful and there has been a definitive shift with these departments taking on the support role for Operations. Very pleased overall.

I have seen some of the negative reviews on this site, and honestly, I know where some of them are coming from. What I will say is this: The company will reward those who work hard and do the right thing. Those that are not working for the betterment of their team or the company will not do well working for this company. The wages paid in all the locations are above minimum wage in each state even for those who are paid incentive and lose that part of that incentive for failed quality audits.

Propak is still a smaller sized private company. That being said, the people that do well in the company are those that are motivated more by business challenges than someone that is looking for a huge salary. While the pay is not completely out of line with the market, it is not the highest paying job you could find. – less
Great company with opportunity for growth
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good people, opportunity for growth.
Cons: none so far!
This is the best job that I have had in the civilian world. As a Former Marine I have worked for multiple manufacturing companies and been successful in the civilian world and this one fits me the best – more... by far.

The job satisfaction is very high for me here. As a Plant Manager I am not micromanaged, something that I have learned is very rare. Though always available my Manager has been great about giving me the latitude to do what I know is best within my plant.

What we do is important and I can go home everyday knowing that the team here has gotten the job done. I love the fact that we can measure ourselves everyday, and thereby know whether or not we have had a good day.

The support that I get from the Corporate Office is great. Picking up the phone and getting the answer right away is also something that I have found is very rare.

One of the most important things to me is having a great work, life balance. I have been able to achieve that within this company in spite of the fact that I took over a plant that was in need of a turnaround.

Finally, the people that I work with everyday are great. Propak really does give people a chance to prove themselves and the team that we have here is very valuable to me both personally and professionally. There have been some very difficult decisions to make, but Propak really does take care of it's people.

Bottom line is, if you want a chance to get in with a good company under good management and grow with that company, Propak is a very good place for you. – less
Great Company to work for
Plant Manager (Current Employee), SLC, UTMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great management support to do my job
I have been with Propak for seven months now. They have been extremely fair and supportive. It has been a great opportunity and I can definitely see myself here long term
Lots of Growth and Potential for movement.
IT (Current Employee), Corporate OfficeMarch 5, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, culture, management and peers all work together.
Cons: benefits could be a bit better but are improving
Great company with a vision of where it wants to be. Upward mobility is available to people that are motivated and capable.

It is very fast paced which may not be great for some, but to those that love a challenge it is very rewarding.
Propak Logistics
Manager (Current Employee), ArizonaMarch 4, 2015
I have worked for Propak for nearly eight years. I think this company has many talented people at all levels, corporate through hourly. Very supportive management staff! I have experienced the continued – more... growth of the company firsthand and have been rewarded for the work I do with both fair compensation and advancement opportunities. I work with a great group of people throughout the company and I'm very satisfied thus far with my position within the company. – less
Good company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee), OttawaMarch 4, 2015
I like the day to day challenges offered by my position and the support I get from Corporate is always helpful. It is a good job and I plan on staying for a while.
Fantastic Company to work for!
HR (Current Employee), ArkansasMarch 3, 2015
Propak is a fantastic company to work for. The culture is continuously growing into one that promotes positive changes throughout all levels for overall Company Growth.

You are required to work hard, but the compensation and benefits that mirror that are very competitive.

I love the team I work with!
Wonderful company to work for
Corporate Office (Current Employee), Fort Smith ARMarch 3, 2015
Pros: family oriented, excellent benefits, good pay, room for advancement
Propak offers excellent benefits and is a very good place to work for. They are family oriented and very involved in giving back to the community. People are easy to get along with and there is a good work environment. Management is always there to help with any situation.
Enjoy working for this company
Corporate Office (Current Employee), Corporate OfficeMarch 3, 2015
Pros: management, culture, benefits, co-workers
This company has an amazing work environment with employees working together to help the company grow, be successful, and be safe. Amazing managers help others to learn, grow, and understand the Propak processes. I really enjoy working for this company!
Great company---Excellent Customer Service
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARMarch 3, 2015
Pros: service, support, pallet brokerage
Propak Logistics is a professional and dependable partner in the pallet and freight brokerage arena. I have found Propak to be willing to go beyond my employee expectations, and appreciate that they are – more... very employee friendly with policies and work environment.

Steve Clark is a great Christian man with honorable values for his customers and employees. Management follows lead with genuine appreciation for their employees. Further, thinking outside of the box and employee ideas are central to the progressive nature of Propak. – less
Stay away from here if you if you want security or benefits!
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lowell, ARFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: no benefits
I was an Operations Manager in Lowell, AR. I loved my job until upper mgmt decided to make my direct competition my Regional Manager. I was fired within 30 days of his new promotion. I consistently beat – more... him in sales and production each week so he already had a chip on his shoulder for me. I asked upper mgmt to reconsider but it fell on deaf ears. Upper management cares nothing for the workers. They are expendable. They have gone through many new people recently that you never knew who to contact. Site managers had to do everything regarding HR when they are never trained properly. Hourly workers have NO benefits. Propak "recognizes" 5 holidays a year but you don't get paid for them! This company sucks. – less
Zero security for anyone including onsite managers
All (Former Employee), AllNovember 1, 2014
Pros: medical insurance for salaried employees
Cons: you cannot rely on getting help with mgmt issues. the hotline is a joke
Upper management has changed drastically which has changed the overall culture of the company. Propak was always caring and wanted all managers as well as hourly employees to be successful. A clean. Safe – more... work environment was important. Although the company was growing they maintained relationships at site level as they had when the company was small. None of those things are important anymore. It's very cutthroat and middle mgmt is no longer accountable for their actions. Providing a clean safe workplace is no longer priority one. Ethics no longer play a role in the company. If you will rely on this income do not apply. – less
Overall good company
Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 12, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: location, lack of support
Things are improving. We are not there yet, but will get better.
horrible company to work for!
employee (Former Employee), plainview, texasAugust 27, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything is bad
Don't work for them they use and abuse u!
Not worth the stress
horrible upper management not in workplace above them!
inconsiderate management
Poor pay
poor work enviroment
builder
builder (Former Employee), salt lake city, utApril 2, 2014
Pros: paid every week
Cons: working every saturday
I would never work for this company again. I got hired on to work the band saw making 13 an hour and they threw me in to build pallets. I told my boss over and over to switch me and he wouldnt. I was making – more... 10 an hour starting off and once I got put on piece rate my pay drop down to 7.25 an hour and .25 cents each pallet. When they flag 3 pallets as being bad they wont pay you for the whole day. I didnt see how its possible to build the minimum when they want them to be perfect. Oh and when I got hired on they told me I would be working monday thru friday 8 hour shifts. But when i started working there I was working 9 1/2 hour shifts and working every saturday. They wouldnt tell you that you will have to work saturday untill the day before Saturday. Its like they expect you to not have a life. The boss would only favor his kids and everyone who was a brown noser on the daily – less
STAY AWAY FROM THIS JOB
pallet sortor (Former Employee), loveland coMarch 24, 2014
To much favoritism. Working conditions are un healthy. The workers are rude and 2 face...... I rather push a lawn mower for the rate they wanna pay.
a good small company
Inspector, Builder of pallets (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2013
Pros: management and coworker
Cons: every slow production, and cut hours
a typical day at work was to find out if you where going to work eight hours or not, most of the time you where only working maybe six hours a day, i enjoy of management and co worker, but the production was so slow that no one was getting any hours, the hardest part was giving notice my coworker and management
Stay away from this company
Manager (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueJuly 7, 2013
If you want a life do NOT apply at this company. They expect your life to be pallets. They treat their employees with little respect and expect more from you than is possible. The management is single sighted and there is very little training available. Stressful, unhealthy and way too little pay for what they want you to do.
Propak
Shipping Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Smyrna, TnJune 21, 2013
Pros: regular work schedule
Cons: no double time
I’ve learn valuable work ethics and inventory control techniques. Found that inventory control was an on going task that needs constant monitoring. This company was not the first company that I had experience with computerized inventory, but was more challenging for the amount of product there inventory maintained. Adding to my resume is shipping clerk scheduling truck shipments.
Industry