Propak Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work for
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2016
Worked there as a forklift driver for about a year and a half and mostly liked it. The pay was OK but nothing great. I was making $13 an hour which was enough for beer money and to pay my car note so I can't really complain. Had to occasionally work overtime on Saturdays which is the reason I left. The supervisor was pretty easy to communicate with, it seems that he actually cared about his people. The former supervisor was horrible, would not even resolve employee complaints. Overall a decent company but not a career job.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
other employees were unrealible
easy,boring,very repetitive,production-like work
tote sorter (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 6, 2016
The job wasn't hard.just standing in one spot all day.basically the job is folding auto parts crates and stacking them up.super easy and super boring.they say its not a quota but that's a lie.if u do X amount one day they expect you to do more then next day and so on.this is a job for a person that needs some income to help make ends meet until a better opportunity comes or supplemental income.fair pay for the work you do not enough maintain a household.
Pros
easy work
Cons
standing all day on concrete with work boots, boring, no advancement opportunities
horrible place to work
fo (Former Employee) –  Grantsville, UTMarch 29, 2016
I worked there for one month and during that time I was getting 34-36hr a week the insurance was very expensive and 75% of the employee's did drugs Walmart employees looked down on propak probably because of the culture and history of drug use by the employees. The past sucks and the work is unsafe. I'm sure 95% of the employees don't realize the health risks due to the pesticide's they spray all over the pallets.
Pros
Cons
everything
Hard work company don't care
forklift driver (Current Employee) –  NwaJanuary 10, 2016
This is no place to work for upper management does not care for employees they talk every bad to workers.the company don't want to give you your pay raise on time.they will not pay you for vacations or holidays. no excuses time off . They take away your pto time if not used by the end of year.
Pros
7.00-330 shift
Cons
Forklift Driver/ pallet sorter/pallet repair (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2015
walk stretch and get to work we made sure we unloaded and loaded or production for the day. I learned how to sort pallets with 100% quality how to load and unload trailers how to stack pallets correctly.
Sorting Vegetable Crates
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 3, 2015
sorting pallets full of Vegetable crates by Brand and type.
the environment was hot, the Air conditioning failed and they would not repair it, it no air circulation, the facility sorted and repaired pallets also and the entire place had a thick haze of dust in it, they did not provide respirators. the forklift drivers sped thru the facilities at unsafe speeds, there were 3 forklift accidents while i was there 2 months. there was not really any enjoyable part of this position
Cons
unsafe working conditions
Logistics sales and supply chain management
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 17, 2016
Propak logistics is a great company to work for if you are starting out in the supply chain field. Working in logistics sales is fun and rewarding once you start landing new customers. Propak is similar to other brokerage sales companies like CH Robinson, Coyote, Nolan, Echo, Etc except they are asset-based (you will learn to love that term once you start a logistics sales role). Co-workers are great and always get along. It is definitely a team environment even though you are trying to best the person you are sitting next to. I would say the hardest part of the job is finding the trucks to match up to your available freight. Propak is rapidly expanding their technology to help my prior statement. The most enjoyable part of working at Propak is seeing the growth of the company in the short time I have been employed there and knowing that I played a part in the growth. The company has outgrown our current office and will be moving to an entire floor at the L&C Tower in downtown Nashville. Working in downtown Nashville is fun and is a major plus! I would recommend friends and family to apply here.
Pros
snacks, games, free lunches (sometimes), working in downtown Nashville
productive and fun work place
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 31, 2015
Company is very involved in the community and giving back. They taught me so much about the purchasing field and provided me with more knowledge than I could have asked for. There was always team work.
Propak Logistics
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 4, 2015
I have worked for Propak for nearly eight years. I think this company has many talented people at all levels, corporate through hourly. Very supportive management staff! I have experienced the continued growth of the company firsthand and have been rewarded for the work I do with both fair compensation and advancement opportunities. I work with a great group of people throughout the company and I'm very satisfied thus far with my position within the company.
Great company---Excellent Customer Service
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 3, 2015
Propak Logistics is a professional and dependable partner in the pallet and freight brokerage arena. I have found Propak to be willing to go beyond my employee expectations, and appreciate that they are very employee friendly with policies and work environment.

Steve Clark is a great Christian man with honorable values for his customers and employees. Management follows lead with genuine appreciation for their employees. Further, thinking outside of the box and employee ideas are central to the progressive nature of Propak.
Pros
service, support, pallet brokerage
Lots of Growth and Potential for movement.
IT (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeMarch 5, 2015
Great company with a vision of where it wants to be. Upward mobility is available to people that are motivated and capable.

It is very fast paced which may not be great for some, but to those that love a challenge it is very rewarding.
Pros
work/life balance, culture, management and peers all work together.
Cons
benefits could be a bit better but are improving
Wonderful company to work for
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith ARMarch 3, 2015
Propak offers excellent benefits and is a very good place to work for. They are family oriented and very involved in giving back to the community. People are easy to get along with and there is a good work environment. Management is always there to help with any situation.
Pros
family oriented, excellent benefits, good pay, room for advancement
Stay away from here if you if you want security or benefits!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, ARFebruary 2, 2015
I was an Operations Manager in Lowell, AR. I loved my job until upper mgmt decided to make my direct competition my Regional Manager. I was fired within 30 days of his new promotion. I consistently beat him in sales and production each week so he already had a chip on his shoulder for me. I asked upper mgmt to reconsider but it fell on deaf ears. Upper management cares nothing for the workers. They are expendable. They have gone through many new people recently that you never knew who to contact. Site managers had to do everything regarding HR when they are never trained properly. Hourly workers have NO benefits. Propak "recognizes" 5 holidays a year but you don't get paid for them! This company sucks.
Cons
no benefits
Enjoy working for this company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeMarch 3, 2015
This company has an amazing work environment with employees working together to help the company grow, be successful, and be safe. Amazing managers help others to learn, grow, and understand the Propak processes. I really enjoy working for this company!
Pros
management, culture, benefits, co-workers
Fantastic Company to work for!
HR (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 3, 2015
Propak is a fantastic company to work for. The culture is continuously growing into one that promotes positive changes throughout all levels for overall Company Growth.

You are required to work hard, but the compensation and benefits that mirror that are very competitive.

I love the team I work with!
Zero security for anyone including onsite managers
All (Former Employee) –  AllNovember 1, 2014
Upper management has changed drastically which has changed the overall culture of the company. Propak was always caring and wanted all managers as well as hourly employees to be successful. A clean. Safe work environment was important. Although the company was growing they maintained relationships at site level as they had when the company was small. None of those things are important anymore. It's very cutthroat and middle mgmt is no longer accountable for their actions. Providing a clean safe workplace is no longer priority one. Ethics no longer play a role in the company. If you will rely on this income do not apply.
Pros
medical insurance for salaried employees
Cons
you cannot rely on getting help with mgmt issues. the hotline is a joke
Great Company to work for
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTMarch 5, 2015
I have been with Propak for seven months now. They have been extremely fair and supportive. It has been a great opportunity and I can definitely see myself here long term
Pros
great management support to do my job
Good company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  OttawaMarch 4, 2015
I like the day to day challenges offered by my position and the support I get from Corporate is always helpful. It is a good job and I plan on staying for a while.
Propak
Shipping Clerk/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TnJune 21, 2013
I’ve learn valuable work ethics and inventory control techniques. Found that inventory control was an on going task that needs constant monitoring. This company was not the first company that I had experience with computerized inventory, but was more challenging for the amount of product there inventory maintained. Adding to my resume is shipping clerk scheduling truck shipments.
Pros
regular work schedule
Cons
no double time
a good small company
Inspector, Builder of pallets (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2013
a typical day at work was to find out if you where going to work eight hours or not, most of the time you where only working maybe six hours a day, i enjoy of management and co worker, but the production was so slow that no one was getting any hours, the hardest part was giving notice my coworker and management
Pros
management and coworker
Cons
every slow production, and cut hours