Propak Corporation Employee Reviews

Bad employee cultural
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAMay 24, 2017
All the employees including management are drug users, sometimes coming to work high. Dangerous environment, your better than that don't get this job.
Pros
A check
Cons
Bad management, hard on your body, unstable co-workers
People are friendly
Builder (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 1, 2017
Ok job, just really hard on your body and hands. There is no unity. Supervisors show a lot of favoritism. But they will give anyone a chance. So if you need a job go get hired.
Pros
Can make good money
Cons
To much favortism
Hard work for little compensation
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMarch 15, 2017
basically you are getting paid to do the most manual labor in the walmart distribution center but you are getting compensated the least out of anyone that works there. Not worth it.
Pros
work experience
Cons
very tedious and physical work
Fast paced work with bad manegement
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 10, 2017
Propak is a cool place to work for I like building pallets and the pays pretty decent if u know how to move only bad experience I've ever had with management is through the Propak in reno the management is poor treat their employees unfair and safety is another big concern almost been ran over several times by the poor forklift drivers and another thing makes sure write everything down that u build or they won't pay you right
Great people to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 1, 2017
A typical day for work would require me to work with power tools and assemble the corrugated containers for solar panels also maintain machinery and equipment and operate forklifts
Pros
comfortable clothing, fair work, fast pace
Cons
Short lunch, hot environment, long days
Great place to work. Always a fun place to work
Maintenance Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Fast paced work environment with a lot of room for advancement. Will give you as much overtime as you can handle.if you're not afraid of hard work and looking for somewhere to advance this is the place to go.
Pros
Coworkers facility management work conditions
Cons
Decisions of quantity or quality
Horrible job in every way
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Red Bluff, CADecember 19, 2016
The team leader thinks he owns your soul and the Manger is like his little minion, allowing this team leader to be the tyrant he is. Don't even think about complaining about this verbally abusive team leader because that only makes things worst for you. There is not a single person that you can talk to about trying to improve your situation. Do yourself a favor and get a different job.
Pros
Cons
Pay, breaks, coworkers, mangers, enviroment
Work was not that bad
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tremonton, UTNovember 6, 2016
Lifting pallets can get tired some but the forklift driver helps alot ..after a while they will train you on the forklift.And the work starts to get easier.sorting pallets is a work out light one its not a hard job.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Check every week.
Good company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2016
Good company, growing pains as with any midsize enterprise, but moving in the right direction. great leadership team, truly valued as a human being and not just a line item.
Quick paced and repetitive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORSeptember 19, 2016
Propak was very quick paced and a little undrepaid for the labour. Overall a nice job with opportunities for overtime. Long shifts and awkward hours depending on the shift. You are also in Walmarts warehouse.
Medical
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 3, 2016
I'm hourly and I do get paid holiday and PTO also have medical. So if your going to wright a review don't lie to people. You want hours and make good money here a place for you if your lazy don't bother.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Long/lots of hours
Slave labor
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
If you like slave labor, then this is the job for you. They have a very high turnover rate and I don't even think they care about it. Heck they don't even care about the hard work you do.
Pros
Leaving work
Cons
Clocking in
Poor training, high expectations, holds out on pay
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 19, 2016
The training consisted of shadowing several guys with each having their own interpretation on the quality standards for the pallets. Gave new hires the worst pallets with the expectations of building at the same rate as seasoned employees. The organization was a joke, didn't receive the safety tutorial until 3 weeks after I was hired and already working in the warehouse. Did not pay me for my last week of work. Avoid this company.
Pros
Some cool guys
Cons
everything else
Very good place to work.
Dock Lead (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSMay 31, 2016
This was a great place to work. Very hot in the summer but fun and easy. This place deals with empty Ro-packs and racks for car parts to be shipped and placed on a line for Nissan.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Good company to work for
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2016
Worked there as a forklift driver for about a year and a half and mostly liked it. The pay was OK but nothing great. I was making $13 an hour which was enough for beer money and to pay my car note so I can't really complain. Had to occasionally work overtime on Saturdays which is the reason I left. The supervisor was pretty easy to communicate with, it seems that he actually cared about his people. The former supervisor was horrible, would not even resolve employee complaints. Overall a decent company but not a career job.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
other employees were unrealible
easy,boring,very repetitive,production-like work
tote sorter (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 6, 2016
The job wasn't hard.just standing in one spot all day.basically the job is folding auto parts crates and stacking them up.super easy and super boring.they say its not a quota but that's a lie.if u do X amount one day they expect you to do more then next day and so on.this is a job for a person that needs some income to help make ends meet until a better opportunity comes or supplemental income.fair pay for the work you do not enough maintain a household.
Pros
easy work
Cons
standing all day on concrete with work boots, boring, no advancement opportunities
horrible place to work
fo (Former Employee) –  Grantsville, UTMarch 29, 2016
I worked there for one month and during that time I was getting 34-36hr a week the insurance was very expensive and 75% of the employee's did drugs Walmart employees looked down on propak probably because of the culture and history of drug use by the employees. The past sucks and the work is unsafe. I'm sure 95% of the employees don't realize the health risks due to the pesticide's they spray all over the pallets.
Pros
Cons
everything
Logistics sales and supply chain management
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 17, 2016
Propak logistics is a great company to work for if you are starting out in the supply chain field. Working in logistics sales is fun and rewarding once you start landing new customers. Propak is similar to other brokerage sales companies like CH Robinson, Coyote, Nolan, Echo, Etc except they are asset-based (you will learn to love that term once you start a logistics sales role). Co-workers are great and always get along. It is definitely a team environment even though you are trying to best the person you are sitting next to. I would say the hardest part of the job is finding the trucks to match up to your available freight. Propak is rapidly expanding their technology to help my prior statement. The most enjoyable part of working at Propak is seeing the growth of the company in the short time I have been employed there and knowing that I played a part in the growth. The company has outgrown our current office and will be moving to an entire floor at the L&C Tower in downtown Nashville. Working in downtown Nashville is fun and is a major plus! I would recommend friends and family to apply here.
Pros
snacks, games, free lunches (sometimes), working in downtown Nashville
Forklift Driver/ pallet sorter/pallet repair (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2015
walk stretch and get to work we made sure we unloaded and loaded or production for the day. I learned how to sort pallets with 100% quality how to load and unload trailers how to stack pallets correctly.
Sorting Vegetable Crates
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 3, 2015
sorting pallets full of Vegetable crates by Brand and type.
the environment was hot, the Air conditioning failed and they would not repair it, it no air circulation, the facility sorted and repaired pallets also and the entire place had a thick haze of dust in it, they did not provide respirators. the forklift drivers sped thru the facilities at unsafe speeds, there were 3 forklift accidents while i was there 2 months. there was not really any enjoyable part of this position
Cons
unsafe working conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Propak Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.