Propak Corporation Employee Reviews

Quick paced and repetitive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORSeptember 19, 2016
Propak was very quick paced and a little undrepaid for the labour. Overall a nice job with opportunities for overtime. Long shifts and awkward hours depending on the shift. You are also in Walmarts warehouse.
Medical
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 3, 2016
I'm hourly and I do get paid holiday and PTO also have medical. So if your going to wright a review don't lie to people. You want hours and make good money here a place for you if your lazy don't bother.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Long/lots of hours
Slave labor
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 30, 2016
If you like slave labor, then this is the job for you. They have a very high turnover rate and I don't even think they care about it. Heck they don't even care about the hard work you do.
Pros
Leaving work
Cons
Clocking in
Poor training, high expectations, holds out on pay
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 19, 2016
The training consisted of shadowing several guys with each having their own interpretation on the quality standards for the pallets. Gave new hires the worst pallets with the expectations of building at the same rate as seasoned employees. The organization was a joke, didn't receive the safety tutorial until 3 weeks after I was hired and already working in the warehouse. Did not pay me for my last week of work. Avoid this company.
Pros
Some cool guys
Cons
everything else
Very good place to work.
Dock Lead (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSMay 31, 2016
This was a great place to work. Very hot in the summer but fun and easy. This place deals with empty Ro-packs and racks for car parts to be shipped and placed on a line for Nissan.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Good company to work for
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2016
Worked there as a forklift driver for about a year and a half and mostly liked it. The pay was OK but nothing great. I was making $13 an hour which was enough for beer money and to pay my car note so I can't really complain. Had to occasionally work overtime on Saturdays which is the reason I left. The supervisor was pretty easy to communicate with, it seems that he actually cared about his people. The former supervisor was horrible, would not even resolve employee complaints. Overall a decent company but not a career job.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
other employees were unrealible
easy,boring,very repetitive,production-like work
tote sorter (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 6, 2016
The job wasn't hard.just standing in one spot all day.basically the job is folding auto parts crates and stacking them up.super easy and super boring.they say its not a quota but that's a lie.if u do X amount one day they expect you to do more then next day and so on.this is a job for a person that needs some income to help make ends meet until a better opportunity comes or supplemental income.fair pay for the work you do not enough maintain a household.
Pros
easy work
Cons
standing all day on concrete with work boots, boring, no advancement opportunities
horrible place to work
fo (Former Employee) –  Grantsville, UTMarch 29, 2016
I worked there for one month and during that time I was getting 34-36hr a week the insurance was very expensive and 75% of the employee's did drugs Walmart employees looked down on propak probably because of the culture and history of drug use by the employees. The past sucks and the work is unsafe. I'm sure 95% of the employees don't realize the health risks due to the pesticide's they spray all over the pallets.
Pros
Cons
everything
Logistics sales and supply chain management
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 17, 2016
Propak logistics is a great company to work for if you are starting out in the supply chain field. Working in logistics sales is fun and rewarding once you start landing new customers. Propak is similar to other brokerage sales companies like CH Robinson, Coyote, Nolan, Echo, Etc except they are asset-based (you will learn to love that term once you start a logistics sales role). Co-workers are great and always get along. It is definitely a team environment even though you are trying to best the person you are sitting next to. I would say the hardest part of the job is finding the trucks to match up to your available freight. Propak is rapidly expanding their technology to help my prior statement. The most enjoyable part of working at Propak is seeing the growth of the company in the short time I have been employed there and knowing that I played a part in the growth. The company has outgrown our current office and will be moving to an entire floor at the L&C Tower in downtown Nashville. Working in downtown Nashville is fun and is a major plus! I would recommend friends and family to apply here.
Pros
snacks, games, free lunches (sometimes), working in downtown Nashville
Hard work company don't care
forklift driver (Current Employee) –  NwaJanuary 10, 2016
This is no place to work for upper management does not care for employees they talk every bad to workers.the company don't want to give you your pay raise on time.they will not pay you for vacations or holidays. no excuses time off . They take away your pto time if not used by the end of year.
Pros
7.00-330 shift
Cons
Forklift Driver/ pallet sorter/pallet repair (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2015
walk stretch and get to work we made sure we unloaded and loaded or production for the day. I learned how to sort pallets with 100% quality how to load and unload trailers how to stack pallets correctly.
Sorting Vegetable Crates
Pallet Sorter (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 3, 2015
sorting pallets full of Vegetable crates by Brand and type.
the environment was hot, the Air conditioning failed and they would not repair it, it no air circulation, the facility sorted and repaired pallets also and the entire place had a thick haze of dust in it, they did not provide respirators. the forklift drivers sped thru the facilities at unsafe speeds, there were 3 forklift accidents while i was there 2 months. there was not really any enjoyable part of this position
Cons
unsafe working conditions
productive and fun work place
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 31, 2015
Company is very involved in the community and giving back. They taught me so much about the purchasing field and provided me with more knowledge than I could have asked for. There was always team work.
Great company with opportunity for growth
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoMarch 20, 2015
This is the best job that I have had in the civilian world. As a Former Marine I have worked for multiple manufacturing companies and been successful in the civilian world and this one fits me the best by far.

The job satisfaction is very high for me here. As a Plant Manager I am not micromanaged, something that I have learned is very rare. Though always available my Manager has been great about giving me the latitude to do what I know is best within my plant.

What we do is important and I can go home everyday knowing that the team here has gotten the job done. I love the fact that we can measure ourselves everyday, and thereby know whether or not we have had a good day.

The support that I get from the Corporate Office is great. Picking up the phone and getting the answer right away is also something that I have found is very rare.

One of the most important things to me is having a great work, life balance. I have been able to achieve that within this company in spite of the fact that I took over a plant that was in need of a turnaround.

Finally, the people that I work with everyday are great. Propak really does give people a chance to prove themselves and the team that we have here is very valuable to me both personally and professionally. There have been some very difficult decisions to make, but Propak really does take care of it's people.

Bottom line is, if you want a chance to get in with a good company under good management and grow with that company, Propak is a very good place for you.
Pros
good people, opportunity for growth.
Cons
none so far!
Great Company to work for
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTMarch 5, 2015
I have been with Propak for seven months now. They have been extremely fair and supportive. It has been a great opportunity and I can definitely see myself here long term
Pros
great management support to do my job
Lots of Growth and Potential for movement.
IT (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeMarch 5, 2015
Great company with a vision of where it wants to be. Upward mobility is available to people that are motivated and capable.

It is very fast paced which may not be great for some, but to those that love a challenge it is very rewarding.
Pros
work/life balance, culture, management and peers all work together.
Cons
benefits could be a bit better but are improving
Propak Logistics
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 4, 2015
I have worked for Propak for nearly eight years. I think this company has many talented people at all levels, corporate through hourly. Very supportive management staff! I have experienced the continued growth of the company firsthand and have been rewarded for the work I do with both fair compensation and advancement opportunities. I work with a great group of people throughout the company and I'm very satisfied thus far with my position within the company.
Good company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  OttawaMarch 4, 2015
I like the day to day challenges offered by my position and the support I get from Corporate is always helpful. It is a good job and I plan on staying for a while.
Fantastic Company to work for!
HR (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 3, 2015
Propak is a fantastic company to work for. The culture is continuously growing into one that promotes positive changes throughout all levels for overall Company Growth.

You are required to work hard, but the compensation and benefits that mirror that are very competitive.

I love the team I work with!
Wonderful company to work for
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith ARMarch 3, 2015
Propak offers excellent benefits and is a very good place to work for. They are family oriented and very involved in giving back to the community. People are easy to get along with and there is a good work environment. Management is always there to help with any situation.
Pros
family oriented, excellent benefits, good pay, room for advancement

2.9