Propak Logistics Employee Reviews

sorting pallets is not for everyone.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2016
as a forklift operator, be prepared to get out your lift to do sorting. your title doesn't prevent you from doing work that doesn't require your lift. but lets get into reviewing propak. it is a good working environment, but it is a very hard labor job. so keep that in mind. this job is not for everyone. I've seen so many people come and go. and I've worked there for over 2 years. ive made a lot of good friends. but I felt it was time to move on.ive gained every experience I can from that place, and I don't ever regret working there. cant say that for other people though.
Pros
good people. i never felt like i was out of place
Cons
dusty warehouse. youll be inhaling a whole lot of dust
tedious
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CANovember 9, 2016
machine operators make 11 starting and they have an incentive if you get over 3500 pallets you get 3.2 cents per pallet on top of your hourly but the incentive is super difficult to hit on account of the machine having so many sensors anything can jam the machine. Management is alright they don't micromanage. You get tired of doing the same thing everyday.
Pros
easy work
Cons
can be boring
No productive
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 4, 2016
Fired after 90 days said I wasn't making enough pallets but couldn't because Machine kept breaking down was on time everyday and fired me after 2 days of not doing enough pallets without warning
Worked hard all day, but there was always smiles at the end of the day.
Regional Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 3, 2015
A great company to work for.
Could be stressful at times, but that is the nature of the business.
All my co-workers were like family.
Pros
Wonderful benefits : health care, vacation etc.
Overworked without compensation.
Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 14, 2016
Propak gives its emplyees the opportunity to progress and move up in the company. The downside of this is more responsibilities are added without having the necessary resources to be successful. This is a young trucking company that is still establishing processes and procedures so there tends to be confusion on what the expectations are and how to complete certain tasks. If you want logistics experience I don't think Propak is a way to go.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Afterhours calls
Poductive Day At wor
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64120August 30, 2016
would come in to work get everything together that i would need for the day and to make sure that is in order in the station like it suppose to be.Then the day would go by fast.
Get along well with co-workers
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Grantsville, UTJuly 25, 2016
Have a good day on the job due to good relationships with my co-workers and the leadership team. It is always a good day.
Great workplace with goal-oriented tasks each day.
Certified Forklift/Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSOctober 30, 2013
A typical work day consists of inspecting forklift before and after each use and following all safety procedures while operating the forklift. I have learned how to complete various tasks including ones that I am not required to know about. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet and exceed my quota for each day. The management team ensures the safety of all employees. I have a positive relationship with my co-workers and we are a team that communicates frequently. There aren't any challenges or hard parts about my job.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Compensation
Very busy workplace that is constantly growing
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARApril 18, 2013
This company has decent pay at the corporate office. The great thing about this company is the employees. Very personable, relaxed yet professional atmosphere.
Pros
raises on a regular
Cons
not enough holiday time off
Poor management and not family friendly
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNDecember 29, 2013
Typical day is loading and unloading freight and following all safety procedures while doing so. I've learned multiple positions for the company and work hard to try to advance. Every time a position come available I apply and every time I am basically told I'm not qualified yet the company offers no real training programs to help gain the experience needed. Was told when I was hired on that the company did not believe in working overtime on weekends and offered advancement from within to those who worked hard and were interested. Since they took over our contract with Nissan North America, almost every weekend has been mandatory to work and been rejected for every position I've applied for. Co-workers are o.k. at best. I've had several confrontations with a few employees that management just "over looked" instead of dealing with them. This has led to a tense work environment and left me looking for other employment opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I finally get to go home.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Everything else
Company is great but people that runs it took advantage of their position.
SENIOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2014
The company itself is good. But the management and office team workers have poor communication and leadership skills and respect for the employees. They aren't very organized about company policies, procedures and safety regulation. The plant/office managers took advantage of their position and uses their power to operate the company. Sometimes its like they let employees go just because UTAH is the right to work state in other words they will fire you if they want to without any written or verbal warning. The only time they will act within their title is when an inspection is due from OSHA or a visit from corporate. The company turnover rate is so high. Employees just come and go almost every other month. I say this because this was my first job I got when I arrive in salt lake city. the plant manager before was a people person and that now days is very hard to find boss's that would motivate their employees with out any threats and the level of their position in the company. intimidation and threats isn't going to make employees work harder or to come in for work at all. Ever since I've been employed I have advance my career and work my way up from sorting/building pallets/forklift driver to yard truck/delivery driver to supervisor for TPM and senior supervisor for second shift. Overall Propak is a good company but its the people who manage it, they are the ones who made the company image bad.
Cons
benefits aren't good/too many new changes almost everyday
fast paced environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MOSeptember 3, 2014
poor benifits and new company with new management,i liked loading and unloading trucks
Pros
fast paced
Cons
health care
A place I enjoyed working.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2015
Meet and greet customers, clients, truck drivers and forklift operators. I learned how to meet deadlines with ease by preparing a schedule and sticking to it. There are usually fun, intelligent and professional ways to deal with co-workers; after all we will be together 40 hours out of each week and sometimes overtime, therefore it is best to cooperate and get along well with each other. Although I am a person that enjoys learning new things, sometimes it gets difficult to learn things that have many steps unless I write them down and practice them. I always try to make working as enjoyable as possible because being stressed is not good for anyone.
Pros
We were able to leave early if all work has been done on production.
Cons
Sometimes truck drivers come in all at the same time and there is a long line of them in the lobby.
fast pased job
Forklift operator-Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 22, 2014
came in to work at 5:55am got my forklift inspection done and approached my manager for paperwork and scheduled loads and unloads for the day, I learned that one should always try to stay positive, there is good days and bad days. management is new, company keeps bringing people from outside to manage and lead us. even though we sometimes know more about the job than our management we try to help them and get caught up with our system. co-workers are fun and good to get along with. even though sometimes when it comes to work everyone just minds their own area and forget what team work is all about. the hardest part of my job would be knowing that there is no more advancements with better pay. the most enjoyable part of my job would be going home knowing that I achieved something that day. that I tried hard and got the job done.
Pros
free lunch like once a year
Cons
NA
Worst Job Ever!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2014
This job is the worst place I ever worked for. I spent 20 hrs a day sometimes just to make sure the company reports and office flowed well. The company went through 3 plant managers while I was there. I assumed plant manager responsibilities along with two other supervisors and was never compensated for it. I could never take a day off and often worked from home. The computers and internet connections were always going down. I worked on payroll from my hospital bed. Only to be rewarded with a termination letter from the third plant manager they hired who only wanted someone little and cute to work the front office, The girl had no previous computer experience and they traded me for her. I was nominated Office Manager of 2010 and they replaced me with somebody who knew nothing about computers or office management. They barely paid their employees and treated them badly. I hope that plant manager met the same fate as the other managers before him.
Pros
Living in Colorado, nothing good about the job
Cons
Long hours, little pay and no respect from corporate
hard labor unsafe work condictions
fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 25, 2015
work hard, learned how to drive forklift very well plus other stuff. management no so good, co workers were nice and friendly. the hardest part of the day is being yelled at and talked to in a way that is not professional. and the best pat of the job is i was making good money.
Pros
bring own food and buy own dinks
Cons
normal breaks and health care cost more than it was worth.
enjoyable place to work at
Fork lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CA 216December 28, 2015
Offloading trailers at Propak and loading the Smetco has made me such a better forklift operator. I thank these guys for it.
Propak was a contracted logistics company that was approaching the end of their contract.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2013
Supervised office clerks while ensuring deliveries were received and shipped in a timely manner. Recorded and reported shipment data daily.

I learned CITRIX and how to supervise differing personalities while trying to maintain a professional atmosphere.

My co workers were team players, willing to assist whenever there was a shortage of staff.

Working in a warehouse like environment.

Mentoring the younger employees who I supervised and sharing my skills to help improve their career.
Pros
I received Supervisory experience
Cons
Office building/restroom/breakroom was unsanitary
productive,fast past,small warehouse
Supervisor / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GADecember 18, 2013
a typical day at work gathering the crew memebers letting them know how many trucks we have in the yard making sure everybody had proper safety wear.what I learned is to stay level headed when getting backed up with trailers or pallets.management was fair.co-workers like working with the crew I had on my shift they was all motivated,energectic,and as a team we got the objective done at the end of the day.the hardest part of the job was getting backed up with trailers and trucks.the most enjoyable part of the job was the wage,the crew members,and environment
Pros
good hours, and wage
Cons
picking up slack from 2nd shifts assignment
Productive with no two days the same
Warehouse Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 15, 2015
Lots of reporting and keeping track of loads, employees, and new hires. Face to face contact with many different truck drivers. Email contact with customers. Providing high quality customer service to outside customers and internal customers.
Pros
Onsite cookouts