Propark America Employee Reviews

Productive Learning Experience
Valet (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 6, 2017
It was a great learning experience over all being able to meet many individuals in a fast paced environment. The management was also great and supportive when it was needed. I was allowed to experience many cultures and creeds working with PROPARK as everyone that I came in contact with was from all over the world.
Fun, challeging, supportive
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2017
Fantastic environment to work.
Learned marketing skills to the public in print, computer, events, online. Great management. Very supportive.
Greatest part of the job was the support and education I received from my managers.
Pros
working in hartford and cambridge
Great Co-workers and Management
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Most co-workers are great to have around, they keep things light and fun while also doing their job professionally. Management from the supervisors to the regional managers care about your well being and are very fair.
Careful is the word
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTDecember 29, 2016
Propark America is dedicated to service customer and there vehicles. Must be an excellent driver. Careful with other peoples properties.
Pros
Excellect customer Services
Cons
Some location don't have time for lunch, because of the fast pace enviroment
It was nice place to work
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Monitoring park vehicles, Overseeing the lot overnight occasionally doing safety perimeter checks. Directing traffic
Pros
i get to meet new people everyday
Its a great working environment
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 29, 2016
Love working here whenever I can because of the work environment .. We all work as a team to make sure every fan gets in safe. Easy to get along with staff
Job is a job
Valet Attendant at Sutter Medical Hospital (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 17, 2016
Valet cars what more can you say? hardest part of this job is dealing with "BS" if you can handle it then this job is easy going!
Pros
non-stop working
Cons
people don't know how to tip their valet drivers
Pretty bad experience with this company when the new management come aboard.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 30, 2012
The company is Family oriented at the beginning but when the economy went down and they have to down size and terminated the GM, Asst.GM and the fleet manager I ended up working alone for the management. I have to over see a multi million dollar account until the new management show up without knowing how to run the unit. I was on call 24/7 fixing everything you can think of without compensation.
Pros
job stability
Cons
give you title without compensatio.
sucks
Valet Attendant / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYMay 2, 2016
worst place to work,terrible environment, managed backwards, under staffed unsafe place untrust worthy employees, not enough advancement management doesn't acknowledge employees
Company has been working hard in a sensitive and difficult area , but profitable , then started to change the management to keep up with market causin
Operation and customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 4, 2015
working with different department, managing different people, doing different task at the same time was more enjoyable part and hardest part too.
Pros
getting chance to have more than one skill, and different experiences
Cons
No Compensation/Benefits
Fast paced, fun place with very high employee turnover.
Corporate HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2013
Everyday was different, a few things were repetitive: unemployment claim hearings, creation of benefits packge, employee files and on-boarding.

The weekly management meetings were interseting.
Pros
kitchen stuffed with many varities of tea/coffee.
Cons
the employee turnover rate was alarming.
Depends on location
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Company focuses on customer and client satisfaction above all else, and most of the corporate management are genuinely good people. Local management, however, is hit-or-miss. Unfortunately, the company will rarely side with employees and has a number of lackluster account managers. There is an unnecessarily high turnover rate throughout the company's accounts, nationwide; and very little chance of promotion. Any training for employees is almost non-existent, even for supervisors.

Jacksonville's location is volatile with a particularly unreasonable valet manager, having replaced the entire valet staff in less than six months.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay, service-driven
Cons
high employee turnover, little training, understaffing
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 1, 2013
A typical day at work is meet and greet patients at the hospital and handle parking procedures.
Pros
Flexible and job security
Cons
Promotion, management, compensation
Very Productive and active
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work is waiting for vehicles to come in the morning and bringing them down to the garage, also assisting patients into the hospital and guiding them to the correct doctor

What I learned was that job was demanding and extremely physical, also learning that supervisors who are married and work at different locations can corrupt the work environment

The management system is broken and very miserable, the higher ups don't really care about what the supervisors do at each job site

My co-workers are really fun and easy to get along with, the downside with working with valet runners is that they are greedy and constantly wanting tips when bringing cars up

The hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on when bringing cars to irate patients who had just recently gotten out of the hospital and starts yelling at you

The most enjoyable apart of the job was the running and the tips, It makes me work harder
Pros
Good Pay plus tips, Free exercise
Cons
Private contractor, Poor Management
At least it's not as bad as working at McDonalds
Traffic Director (Current Employee) –  Oakland CaOctober 15, 2015
They schedule you two hours before the event so you scramble to get out to your spot, so a complete shift isn't even 6 hours. You get extreme abuse from customers, they treat you as if you are less than human. Management is childish and petty, love to call people out on the radio channel to make them look bad, pay you minimum wage, and hire literally anybody.
While I was doing my tax paperwork, the other people who were coming in for their interviews came in sagging, hoodies in covering their heads, even gang affiliated attire, wreaking of marijuana and still got hired. While you're out there working, you look around and all the people you work with are tweakers, high on the clock even driving golf carts around the property while high.
Pros
Helps you get comfortable being assertive
Cons
Abuse from customers, coworkers are drug addicts
Teamwork and efficiency
Cashier/Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 16, 2016
A typical day at work provided entertainment from various customers coming through to the sites. I learned to interact with and please thousands of patrons on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was fulfilling everyone's needs as the rules and regulations were sometimes too rigid for the customers' liking. Most enjoyable part of the job was being outside in beautiful weather day in and day out. Co- workers learned to work well with one another and develop amicable relations as we spent a great deal of time together. A small hierarchal structure to each site helped establish an efficient work machine.
Productive workplace
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 19, 2016
Fun to interact with different kinds of people everyday. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. A typical day can be hectic and you are usually standing for a long period of time.
Excellent growing company to be a part of, with tons of room for advancement.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2013
I love this company, and working for my managers. There is room for advancement, but not where I want to be location wise.

A typical day consists of overseeing daily operations including valet services, shuttle services, and a 665 space garage. And defusing any customer service issue. I also run all of the maintenance projects, and over see 12 employees from valets, to shuttle drivers.

I manage a budget of $850,000 and a payroll budget of $195,000.

The hardest part of my job is that I never know what to expect, but I love taking any situation by the horns and embracing it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers, I love Customer Service, and making people smile.
Pros
One on one contact with the CEO.
Cons
Long 13 hour days.
Productive working environment at the beach!
Pro Park Beach Seasonal Parking lot Employee (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIOctober 17, 2015
I loved working for pro park, hope to continue working for them in the future ! Very nice employees ! A typical day at pro park would be getting up at 7 o clock am going to the beach and saying hi to friendly faces i would see every day. The hardest part about the job was staying hydrated walking around the parking lot at the beach for 9 hours on the long days , but if we had short days most kids would get cut early ! My co workers were awesome and just a delight to work with !
Pros
Im at the beach!
Cons
I see alot of people with attitudes. ALOT
Creative freedom from a Managers prespective
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Although my fellow co-workers at Propark America have been some of the nicest people to work with; the lack of professionalism and competence has forced me to seek employment else where. The hardest part about my job is depending on the management team to communicate even the most basic tasks. One of the most important things I have learned since joining the Propark team is how to protect myself from an employer that is trying to take advantage of the current economic situation.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Laid back environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Propark America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7