Propark America Employee Reviews

Productive working environment at the beach!
Pro Park Beach Seasonal Parking lot Employee (Former Employee) –  Westerly, RIOctober 17, 2015
I loved working for pro park, hope to continue working for them in the future ! Very nice employees ! A typical day at pro park would be getting up at 7 o clock am going to the beach and saying hi to friendly faces i would see every day. The hardest part about the job was staying hydrated walking around the parking lot at the beach for 9 hours on the long days , but if we had short days most kids would get cut early ! My co workers were awesome and just a delight to work with !
Pros
Im at the beach!
Cons
I see alot of people with attitudes. ALOT
At least it's not as bad as working at McDonalds
Traffic Director (Current Employee) –  Oakland CaOctober 15, 2015
They schedule you two hours before the event so you scramble to get out to your spot, so a complete shift isn't even 6 hours. You get extreme abuse from customers, they treat you as if you are less than human. Management is childish and petty, love to call people out on the radio channel to make them look bad, pay you minimum wage, and hire literally anybody.
While I was doing my tax paperwork, the other people who were coming in for their interviews came in sagging, hoodies in covering their heads, even gang affiliated attire, wreaking of marijuana and still got hired. While you're out there working, you look around and all the people you work with are tweakers, high on the clock even driving golf carts around the property while high.
Pros
Helps you get comfortable being assertive
Cons
Abuse from customers, coworkers are drug addicts
Depends on location
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Company focuses on customer and client satisfaction above all else, and most of the corporate management are genuinely good people. Local management, however, is hit-or-miss. Unfortunately, the company will rarely side with employees and has a number of lackluster account managers. There is an unnecessarily high turnover rate throughout the company's accounts, nationwide; and very little chance of promotion. Any training for employees is almost non-existent, even for supervisors.

Jacksonville's location is volatile with a particularly unreasonable valet manager, having replaced the entire valet staff in less than six months.
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay, service-driven
Cons
high employee turnover, little training, understaffing
Great part time job for college students
Valet/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
You spend 8 hour shifts parking cars and standing on your feet. So wear comfortable shoes and its a great part time job for students.
Pros
Drive nice cars
Cons
Can't really take 30 min break
Great Work Culture
Business Development and Proposal Management (Current Employee) –  New YorkJune 30, 2015
Awesome management team, Nice office, open door policy, diverse staff, not a lot of training and development opportunities, lots of locations, flexibility in scheduling
Cons
short breaks
they use you then fire you
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  CTJune 25, 2015
was a great company then once big they allways cutting the old staff and hiring new staff.

At first the owners never knew they will get that big then once they did they just got rid of the old staff
Tough workplace with low wages and no breaks or lunches
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San leandro, CaJune 17, 2015
This was my first job and I had both negative and positive experiences. My day consisted of standing in a parking lot (O.co Coliseum) for 8-10 hours as a parking lot cashier. My job was to collect the parking fee and provide the customer with a receipt. The hardest part was trying to get everyone in a quick and efficient manner.
Pros
experienced pressured situations, learned how to deal with angry customers, gaines customer service experience
Cons
No breaks or lunches, poor managment
not a career
parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJJune 15, 2015
Propark makes promises they don't keep. a lot of discrimination amongst other cultures. they don't acknowledge your work efforts.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no lunch break at all not even fifteen minutes, management no good, working shifts alone most of the time
nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 27, 2015
It is a nice place where you can work. It gives you an opportunity to learn some skills get some qualifications that will help you in the future.
Propark America is an awesome company. the leaders specially the Oprations Manager is a result ortiented man. h
Courier (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 26, 2015
The Propark America Leaders are good. they gave everybody a good training prior to deployment. The company itself have a good reputation in terms of providing skilled drivers to their clients.
Pros
when the team do good jobs. the company have a treat, like lunch or snacks.
Cons
the only problem is they have minimal participation to health insurance.

Want to know more about Propark America?

Ask a question
Company has been working hard in a sensitive and difficult area , but profitable , then started to change the management to keep up with market causin
Operation and customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 4, 2015
working with different department, managing different people, doing different task at the same time was more enjoyable part and hardest part too.
Pros
getting chance to have more than one skill, and different experiences
Cons
no compensation/benefits
Very Productive and active
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work is waiting for vehicles to come in the morning and bringing them down to the garage, also assisting patients into the hospital and guiding them to the correct doctor

What I learned was that job was demanding and extremely physical, also learning that supervisors who are married and work at different locations can corrupt the work environment

The management system is broken and very miserable, the higher ups don't really care about what the supervisors do at each job site

My co-workers are really fun and easy to get along with, the downside with working with valet runners is that they are greedy and constantly wanting tips when bringing cars up

The hardest part of the job is keeping a smile on when bringing cars to irate patients who had just recently gotten out of the hospital and starts yelling at you

The most enjoyable apart of the job was the running and the tips, It makes me work harder
Pros
good pay plus tips, free exercise
Cons
private contractor, poor management
Okay
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Stamford ConnecticutDecember 22, 2014
I can say Propark America is an Okay place to work. It is very similar with the other Transportation companies, but managements are willing to work around the schedule. flexible. As the other Transportation companies at Propark the communication is a little bit better. Communication can improve!
Productive and fun working with people.
Valet (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 17, 2014
- Parking cars like usual.
- I've learned that the customers are always right.
- The management was up to date about what event will be hosting at which location and when it will be busy.
- Co-workers were just simply amazing.
- Hardest part of the job are when it's holiday vacations, because it'll be busy the entire day.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is greeting customers to put a smile on their face and assisting them with anything.
fun and easy job
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 20, 2014
if you looking for a place to make a decent living this is not the job for you. good for rextra money in the pocket especially teens. fun and easy to direct traffic at the events at the stadium. coworkers are fun amd management is easy to deal with.
Another typical day....
Valet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2014
I start at the booth. I clock in, go directly to the safe to get all the paperwork from the night before. I Count the money, do the paperwork and take it over to the garage. Then I have to go to the safe in the garage, put the paperwork up, get my keys, etc., then I take care of the ticket spitter. Then I have to change the ending and starting date for the ticket spitter and pull 4 tickets. I then get keys for the pay station, go to the pay station and close it out. I take the money from the pay station, the 4 tickets, and paperwork and put it in the safe. I begin cleaning the garage until we are ready for the valet at 6:00am.
I greet the customers, make sure to document the tickets and get the booth ready for the day's work. I take care of our clients for the rest of the day, along with making sure that 6 valet and 2 shuttle drivers do their job.
Pros
i enjoy the customers - they're all very nice.
Cons
stressful - sometimes too many things going on at the same time.
productive working environment
Direct Parker (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 1, 2014
Sometimes the people attending could be rude, but I just stayed calm and wished for them to have a good day
Pros
nice people
Cons
short breaks
Creative freedom from a Managers prespective
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2014
Although my fellow co-workers at Propark America have been some of the nicest people to work with; the lack of professionalism and competence has forced me to seek employment else where. The hardest part about my job is depending on the management team to communicate even the most basic tasks. One of the most important things I have learned since joining the Propark team is how to protect myself from an employer that is trying to take advantage of the current economic situation.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
laid back environment
Enjoy working in the Claims Department
Corporate Assistant Claims (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 10, 2014
It is a good place to work, and i enjoy what I do there. The pay is ok
Pros
flexibility
Productive place to increase rapid decisions.
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 26, 2013
Using effective ways to communicate to co-workers 50+ yards away is a plus. Working with all walks of customers, every few seconds helps my communication skills.