Propark America Employee Reviews

Fun, fast-paced environment
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Take it or leave it sports fans. Fun to be around the Warriors crowds. Fun to drive a lot of different cars and be physically active at work. That said, little stability at work regarding management, no performance reviews, no benefits, no bathrooms besides port-o-johns, and an erratic schedule depending on the length of the Warriors road trips.
Bookkeeper/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2018
On a typical day , I would look at emails , listen to all recorded messages , I have learned how to make payments for parking payments and new parkers as well as take the off the billing for that month
Pros
no free lumched
Cons
short breaks
Working at the beach
Lead beach attendant (Former Employee) –  Misquamicut, RIDecember 19, 2017
Seasonal position but was a great environment. Relaxed, yet serious. Some days were really crazy, others were slow and easy. Working outdoors was great, even on the really hot days. The managers I worked with always ensured there was plenty of cold water given out during really crazy and hot days. It was a lot of fun to work at the beach two summers I'm a row.
Pros
Outdoor environment
Cons
Some days are very hot
Propark is really a good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hyatt jacksonville FLNovember 29, 2017
I had really learned a lot of customer service skill while working for propark. The company also provides a training every so often. We had been working not only as a team but also as a familly.
A mix of stressful, fast-paced work with slow and relaxed days.
Operations Lead and Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Narragansett, RIOctober 17, 2017
Overall, a decent summer job. Employees are responsible for handling day-to-day transactions as well as facilitating the sale of season passes to beach patrons. Management is hit or miss, but most employees perform well and create a fun work environment.
Poor structure
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 30, 2017
The boston office was a joke:
They were responsible for the amazon deliveries and it was a mess!!
They were always lacking valets, b/c their rate of pay was poor.
Pros
Some folks in there are honest, God-fearing, Loyal, Helpful folks!!
Cons
Where do I start
A great work establishment
Supervisor Valet (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 27, 2017
The employees along with the day to day patients dealt with on a typical day make this job fun and enjoyable environment to work. The company works hard to accommodate which each employee making very day more stress then the last
Propark
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYJuly 16, 2017
Good for part time work. Management is good. Hours can be inconsistent or very demanding. A lot of work is outside throughout the year. Must come in to work unless the office is closed.
Pros
free parking
Cons
low wadge
Good Temporary Job
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 2, 2017
I learned that I needed a better education to move up in the company. Lots of free time. Not challenging. No opportunity for growth, no future. No experience or education needed.
Pros
Lots of free time.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement.
Not a place anyone should work at
Valet (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 20, 2017
Dont understand how Google hasn't dropped them yet.

Literally no training at all. My first day i was stuck at a location by myself after a 5 min walkthrough. They never even checked to see if I could drive a car. LOL

Yet my first write up states that during our training process blah blah blah.......

Rarely received breaks and was told to call for one but you may receive a write up if your on your phone at any time.
Pros
Google treats you more then well
Cons
Lacking Management Company is all over the place at all times.
Valet Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 8, 2017
Propark is a good job with a chance to move forward within the company so it shows that your hard work is being noticed. The workers at the job are all friendly with one another.
Pros
Don't over work yourself
Cons
Short breaks
Very Productive and fun environment
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2017
This is probably one of the best jobs I ever had in my life. Propark is a valet company usually contracted by other companies. Working with the people at this company was the best experience I ever had in the hospitality industry. The job was intense and productive. I met so many people during my time there that it was a lifestyle experience. I still every now and then visit my former co-workers who still work there. Great people and great relationships.
Pros
Free lunches, great people, great company
Cons
structured and a sense of freedom and community
Just bad management
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 8, 2017
They don't have good management will not give you all the hours you worked the prior week. You always have to have them make corrections on your time card.
ok place
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2017
pay is good and upper level manager is great. they are really in need of more accounts. This should help with all the micro management. Other than that - all is good.
Flexible hours and always a great team to work with
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2017
Propark America is a great company to work for. They have flexible schedules and locations to choose from. They also take very good care of their employees when it comes finding coverage when someone goes on vacation or need immediate time off.
Company was purchased from Thrifty/Hertz
Valet driver for passenger transportation (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
Worked for ProPark only 5 months.

ProPark purchased Thrifty/Hertz as a parking entity. Thrifty/Hertz was a combination company of parking and rental car services.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting customers and developing relationships with them as they returned on a weekly basis for parking valet services.

Combined employment these services totaled 6 years.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive Learning Experience
Valet (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 6, 2017
It was a great learning experience over all being able to meet many individuals in a fast paced environment. The management was also great and supportive when it was needed. I was allowed to experience many cultures and creeds working with PROPARK as everyone that I came in contact with was from all over the world.
It was nice place to work
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Monitoring park vehicles, Overseeing the lot overnight occasionally doing safety perimeter checks. Directing traffic
Pros
i get to meet new people everyday
Great Co-workers and Management
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Most co-workers are great to have around, they keep things light and fun while also doing their job professionally. Management from the supervisors to the regional managers care about your well being and are very fair.
Fun, challeging, supportive
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2017
Fantastic environment to work.
Learned marketing skills to the public in print, computer, events, online. Great management. Very supportive.
Greatest part of the job was the support and education I received from my managers.
Pros
working in hartford and cambridge
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Propark America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8