As the leading renewable fuel retailer in California, Propel is building a better kind of fuel-company. And it’s not only about better fuels, but building a company that thinks differently about how we move about our lives. You can join Propel in this period of rapid growth and help pursue our vision of Clean Mobility – enabling our customers to reach their destination while reducing the impact on our environment.
Mobility is changing, and our stations offer a distinctly different experience, providing a selection of high-performance, premium-quality, renewable fuels and clean mobility solutions at locations convenient for today’s drivers. Propel operates a fast-growing network of Clean Fuel stations in Washington State and California. Growing this service network keeps us busy and as a result we now have a new opening for a Development Projects Coordinator. This position is based in our Corporate Office in Redwood City, CA.
The role of the Construction Projects Coordinator is to provide a variety of administrative support services to the Vice President of Construction and Development, and his staff. Position responsibilities include: contract administration, invoice reconciliation, permit expediting, establishment of departmental protocols and practices, use of scheduling software, and general administrative support.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Abilities:
- A High School Diploma or equivalency. A two year or four year college degree in management related courses is a plus.
- Five years of general construction experience. Experience in construction administration is desired.
- Ability to recognize, read and interpret construction documents, write routine reports and correspondence, interact/communicate effectively in a professional and pleasant manner with Vendors, Affiliates, Stakeholders, Corporate Shareholders and Company Employees.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles. Ability to effectively analyze and reconcile account balances, calculate figures and amounts, and apply basic math concepts.
- Intermediate to advanced abilities Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), SalesForce and with construction related software such as SmartSheet or Microsoft Project.
- Ability to create and maintain construction related spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations.
- Must be able to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions. Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties while under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Consistently brings simple and practical solutions to issues the position may encounter.
- Hands-on, self-starter with a can-do approach
- Energetic and performance driven
- Demonstrated record of personal learning, growth and flexibility to handle change
- Ability, interest and willingness to create tools and processes to improve efficiency
- Generous personality; effective team player
At Propel, our culture is rooted in a passion for creating better choices, and that includes a professional environment that fosters creativity and collaboration while maintaining a high demand for individual contribution and performance. As a decidedly nimble company, game-changing decisions are made on a daily basis. We wear multiple hats (some more glamorous than others), are deeply connected to our community of users and celebrate our wins. And of course, we play as hard as we work. We appreciate sunshine, street tacos and German beer. We play softball -- poorly, but with heart. We like dogs. And that's just the start of it. Learn more about who we are and how we're creating choice at propelfuels.com.