Our stable property management company has 20+ years of operating experience. We have a leasing position open in Dayton, OH. The most qualified candidates have apartment leasing, sales, or marketing experience. Relevant education will be considered in lieu of prior leasing experience. An inexperienced candidate who has the intangibles that lead to success will be trained.
The right candidate has excellent phone, in person sales ability, and personality plus strong verbal and written communication skills. Duties include: lead generation marketing, leasing apartments, and customer service. Fully processed applications are presented to the property manager for a lease decision. Also, customer service and retention marketing is done to retain current renters through lease renewals.
Compensation starts at $10.00/hr with no experience. Total compensation includes bonus/commissions and is set to industry norms. 44 paid vacation hours. 6 paid holidays. Employer sponsored health and vision.
Summary: Is responsible for the leasing and marketing efforts of an apartment community by performing the following essential duties.
- Discover our prospects needs, qualify, and find solutions
- Build rapport
- Explain rental pricing and promotions
- Show market ready apartments
- Perform daily follow-up on leads
- Regularly walk vacant and model units to insure rent readiness per company standards
- Performing regular curb appeal inspections
- Promote resident retention by making the living experience exceptional, particularly the first and last impression
- Introduce new residents to our apartment procedures
- Maintain high occupancy levels
- Leads the day to day leasing activities, community advertising, and outreach marketing
- Maintains and updates leasing and marketing materials, model units, tour paths and amenities in preparation for prospect visits and tours
- Assists with retention marketing, online marketing, resident activities, and community blog/newsletter
- Process rental applications using screening criteria
- Review all application files and make recommendation prior to requesting final approval
- Prepare lease documents and related paperwork
- Receive, investigate, and document resident maintenance concerns
- Call residents about satisfaction with maintenance services
- Assist with resident move-in and move-out scheduling
- Assists in the collection of rents and fees
- Assist with resident satisfaction and Lease renewals
- Record accurate data on prospects and new residents
- Assists with preparing reports
- Contact utility companies to arrange for transfer of service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Accurate, reliable, and timely
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and desk-top publishing software
- Valid driver’s license and proof of current vehicle insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Availability to work 8:30AM to 5:30PM Weekdays plus rotate Saturdays from 10:00AM to 2:00PM
- Pre-employment credit, criminal and substance abuse screening
Please answer the below questions in a cover letter or email reply
1. Why are you a good fit for this position?
2. Why are you an effective sales person?
3. Describe an exceptional customer experience you created in the past 60 days