Property Management Employee Reviews

Hard working, required a 24/7 work schedule.....
Overall management of a Campground, RV spots (Former Employee) –  Kalispell, MTFebruary 10, 2016
My husband and I completely were handed over the benefits of fixing a run down property with rentals, hotels, storages, rv, and campground. We completely remodeled the guest shower house with all new tile, and granite countertops, remodeled hotel rooms with beautiful care, cleaned entire property of all garbage, a banded vehicles, campers, etc.. Added fire pits, new custom signs, completely put our hearts in the property to make an amazing footprint in a positive change for our community.
Pros
apt. provided
Cons
no breaks given..on site everyday all day with no pay to support family
fun place to work very organize
Property Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 25, 2016
I love working as a property manger I love people i wlways been the type to help anyone. I know this is my calling i enjoy interacting with people ...
Pros
happy residents
Cons
not paying rent on time
It was ok being the manager.Had to deal with some undesireables.
On-site manager and Maintenance man. (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJuly 3, 2016
I would do the job again if giving the opportunity. Some days were better than others..I had to kick a lot of people out because of non payment of rent or they were causing a lot of problems within the complex.
Cons
no health care
Very good people to work for.
All Property Services (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2016
A very good Company to work for.Unfortunately I was having a difficult time as I also was having other issues going on in my personal life which led me to quit.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
outside in all weather.
Traveling
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati ohMarch 2, 2016
My typical work day was spent between visiting a property to make sure all work was being completed in a timely manner as well as meeting with tenants or showing the property to potential tenants. I had to become very organized and use my time effectively to complete the work that need to be do. The hardest part of the job was I was never off work. However is was very enjoyable because I meet and spoke with new people daily.
Pros
Make my own schedule to be flexible with home life
Cons
Phone never stopped ringing
Management of rental, renovation, and commercial property
Construction helper (Current Employee) –  Andersonville, TNApril 28, 2016
Family owned, great work environment. Learned everything needed in the trait of construction. Co-workers included family along with non family.
Property Management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO.January 6, 2013
Management of several properties in the St. Louis area.

Comprehensive databases, creative concepts and promotion orchestration led to highly successful property management seminars for landlords and renters in St. Louis, Mo.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
health care and benefits
Residents were very pleasant
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INFebruary 23, 2016
Went to office picked up work orders. Ordered supplies needed. Sent workers where they needed to go. Started work orders. maintained the pool when opened.
Pros
Friendly place
Real Estate and Construction
Property Management* (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXDecember 26, 2013
• Responsible for occupancy management, production and management of appropriate revenue growth, timely rent collection, policy and procedure compliance and the property’s financial performance.
• Operated and maintained mechanical systems in buildings to improve property values, maintained tenant relations and communications and financial reports.
• Maintained physical operations by conducting inspections of grounds, buildings and vacant units; obtaining bids; contracting for and supervising landscaping, maintenance, and repairs.
• Planned, scheduled, and coordinated maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for commercial or residential properties.
I am a hard worker,dicipline, honest and love being around people.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDNovember 12, 2013
I started working in Core States from 1991 and merged to Cash Flex, First Union, Wachovia and then Wells Fargo and been in the Company for 22 yrs. Its a fast pace environment. We are always busy since it a processing department but I accept challenges , specially to better me as a worker and as a person at the same time. Then moved to Maryland so I have to re-signed because of the distant and got the job here in Property Management Inc./ Century 21 Horizon Realty as a coordinator and I like the place and people I worked with. I deal with basically we call it (rent court), which marketing people property such as houses or apartment and I do the eviction of property the hardest part of my work now is dealing with tenants that losing their apartment because of failing to pay their rent. What makes my position enjoyable is meeting different people in walks of life and knowing that I did my job and everyone is happy and contented.
Marc Lancellotti
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  E Providence, RIMay 26, 2015
With many different family owned businesses in Rode Island, R.I. Truck ctr., a third generation moving company that began with a government contract to move our troops five months each year; has a present day owner and operator who has expanded since the business conception. Along with the moving contracts: a mechanical garage, an 18 axle truck wash, storage units, rented parking, and an online eBay auto parts business keeps this company working effectively the remainder of the seven months. Along with the daily responsibilities of such a conglomerate was a managerial need which I was responsible for. A days work usually considered of maintaining and remodeling current occupied and unoccupied space. Daily mechanical runs depending on truck part needs, general organizing and clean up, along with any other managerial verbal instructions to former workers.
Family type business
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 26, 2015
Very caring and compassionate. I think the hardest part of the job was trying to diffuse angry tenants, about maintenance calls.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure my tenants were happy and satisfied with the work.
Great job to start at out of college.
Reporting Analyst BI & A (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2015
- 9 to 5 with a nice work/life balance
- Furthered my Business Analysis skill set
- Hardest part: getting innovative ideas approved
- Most enjoyable part: the people I worked with
Pros
Great corporate community
Cons
Creativity not appreciated
Productive and fun
customer service (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 8, 2015
Days keep you busy, I enjoy very much
Co workers are very helpful
There is no hard part of the job in property management, is you keep a professional attitude and do the best you can in all that you do
Pros
Luches time is more than you can ask for 1 hour
Enjoy working in a very productive yet fun atmosphere.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2012
I believe every day is different in Property Management. You must be able to multi-task and at the same time be able to have a list of the top prority for the day . It is very easy to get side tracked with residents, prospects and your daily operation of a property.
Pros
seminars, holiday socials etc. etc.
Meet a lot of new people, everyday is a new day-never gets old
Property manager of over 60 rental properties (Current Employee) –  Leadville, COSeptember 18, 2014
As a property manager you are the mediator between owners and tenants. Sometimes you get the hit as your the one everyone sees and communicates with. You meet a lot of people and you have to really keep on your toes to remember all the owners,tenants, properties, and repairs etc.

The hardest part of the job is your lack of control over situations. Owners are still the owners and although you may disagree with a choice you have to follow it, yet your the one whom faces the positive and negative feedback. Same with tenants choosing the right tenants is hard, and if something goes wrong with the property you feel responsible. Its less about managing a property and more about managing people
Pros
Meet People and the Interactions, Learn a lot about different items
Cons
You are always the mediator
Fun side job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 4, 2015
I was responsible for cleaning and maintaining a property that was available for sale to the public. My goal was to keep the property in good condition so that it could eventually be sold.
very enjoyable working with my clients
Assistance Office manager. For Reality team (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, WAJuly 18, 2012
Filing, phones, client applications.
I learned a lot about realty management, and sales.
Pros
always busy made the day fly by.
Cons
the drive was far from home
No room for advancement or opportunity
Office Manager/HOA Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXOctober 28, 2013
Position did not offer room for advancement nor potential for additional earnings.
Loved the tenants.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GaMay 23, 2013
Working in HUD Section 8 housing a Property Manager wears many hats. I loved working with the residents, the families and providing a safe, clean and overall healthy environment based on the budget I was allotted by my corporate office. I left because the safety of my residents and myself took a backseat to the bottom line. Living in sub-par conditions as a resident coupled with the lack of safety concerns for me as a manager (literally reported numerous times the risks, threats and actual assaults) it was clear that I needed to find employment to carry me to retirement.
Pros
The residents.
Cons
Safety.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2