William Charles Construction is looking to add to our team a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Junior Estimator/Quantity Take-off Technician. Candidate must be highly organized, possess a strong technical background and be capable of working under the pressures of a fast paced, multi-tasking environment. As most of our projects are deadline driven, candidate must be able to work flexible hours to complete the bid process. Travel will be required.
- Review and understanding of civil heavy highway construction design drawings
- Perform quantity take-offs for all facets of heavy highway construction including earthwork, paving, underground utilities, etc.
- Review field reported data; calculate quantities for pay estimates
- Report to Lead or Chief Estimator
- Conduct site visits; perform research & exploration prior to bid
- Create basic presentation material as visual guides; CAD renderings, satellite image overlays, etc.
- Exceptional PC skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Civil AutoCad experience is required. Candidate fluent in Civil 3D, 2013 is a plus
- Agtek Sitework/Highways experience
- Experience relative to heavy highway construction
Excellent benefit package; medical and dental insurance, vision, 401(k) & profit sharing, holiday and vacation pay are just a few.
No phone calls please.
Indeed - 12 months ago