Propper International Employee Reviews

Longshort term goals. responsible for a Large number of production people.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PRNovember 25, 2015
Working for 22 years for this company made me accomplished many goals. I had the opportunity to grow in the company and acquire multiple skills. I was able to start as an operator. Technical instructor was my second position and experience in this company. I
started working very young at this company. the gave me the opportunity to supervise and it was a very challenging and successful experience.
Pros
christmas ads profit sharing bonus, gift cards, vacation, health iunsurance, payed holydays, full time
Cons
no payed sick days, too low salary for all responsibilities.
It has the potential to become a great company
Plant Engineer - Head Lead of Safety (Current Employee) –  Cabo Rojo Municipio, PRAugust 10, 2016
Essentially the company is lacking a true north there is no teamwork for a common goal everybody pull in their direction including management their is no responsibility for the decision each take, most of the work is just rework again and again, due lack of documentation the work is error are recurrent.
Hard work. On the other hand, amazing
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cabo Rojo, PRMay 31, 2016
It was my first job after I obtained my Bachelor's Degree. The hardest part was to deal with a diverse work force. From employees with little education to employees with no education at all.
The most enjoyable part for me and my team was to reach more than 90% production week by week.
I learned how to deal with time management, supervisory skills, leadership, prioritizing, and employee situations.
Good working environment
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cabo Rojo Municipio, PRMay 31, 2016
Challenging work in manufacturing industy, PROPPER International Inc. provide military equipment meeting federal requirements. Good working environment, excelent management and coworkers.
Provided opportunity to help associates performance by making significant changes in order to make their work environment improved in quality of work.
PLANT MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Cabo Rojo Municipio, PRApril 15, 2016
Dynamical manufacturing environment due to repeatedly changes in layout/processes in order to arrive at desired volumes ramp-ups. Independence to make changes that increased productivity and improved processes performance. Great teamwork to achieve daily and long range goals.
Pros
Your ideas for beneficial/required changes were always well supported by immediate boss
Sewing Industry
Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cabo Rojo Municipio, PRMay 31, 2016
In my current job I do analysis of time study, capacity study, cost analysis, process analysis, balance of lines, costing products.

I hace a excellent chemistry with my co- workers.
High paced high pressure work environment.
Inventory and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRMay 9, 2013
The environment behind the company is one of high stress. Everything needs to be done at the fastest rate possible without compromising quality of product. The speed in with goals are met determine the profit and opportunities of working with new products and services.
The hardest part of it was to maintain control of a situation and come up with a plan to resolve issues at a moments notice in order to maintain the flow of productivity.
It was great in the way you interact and coordinate so many people from so many departments in order to keep communications and keeping records, plans and goals up to date in order to efficiently achieve company goals.
Pros
Excellent opportunity to develop leading and management skills.
Cons
Job insecurity and low opportunity for advancement.
A wonderful occupation
Assembly,Manufacturing,Packaging (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PROctober 21, 2015
For me working in the International Popper it was well pleased, since the fellowship was good, the experience and knowledge I acquired there have served me well.
It was a fun job because he always had chores to do, always learning something new, and it was exciting to see how I grew based on my work.
It was a wonderful occupation
Pros
Group activities
Social activities
Laboratory Assistance II: R & D Chemistry (Former Employee) –  PROctober 5, 2012
A typical day at work is a bussy day, some times with out time for lunch but so productive day. The day begins with a staff meeting to coordinate what going to be the shcedule fos these shift and the spectative that I hope to have at the end of the day. Normaly I made a management review every 3 month but every week my staff and I coordinate a exhecution plan to complete at the end of the week. My co-workers are a great group everyone compose a important part of the group. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is having all the goals achieved.
Pros
company bonus
Cons
no sickness days and vacation days.
Productive workplace
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  PRJanuary 20, 2013
Every day I begin in my plant verifying the absenteeism, balancing all products and asking my staff what they need to achieve the daily goal. Then I verify my e-mails and walk thru the plant telling good morning to my personnel. During the day I verify the quality of my products and the work in process. I establish priorities in order to complete the manufacturing orders on time while solving problems quickly to achieve the production goals. I also verify with my engineer, quality supervisor, production supervisors and other staff how we can improve the production and products, the plant efficiency and decrease the cost. All these things making combination of operations, verifying yields, verifying standard times and other things.

I am also involved on complains presented by the associates looking always for improvement of the work environment, things as improvement of the workstation facilities, improvement of the work making changes to the patterns and methods, or solving conflicts between associates.

In my seven years in this company I have learn a lot about management, engineer, ISO procedures, products specifications and how to deal with people.
Very hard work with a high quantity of units to be produced
Costurera (Former Employee) –  PRJuly 21, 2012
A typical dat at work start at 7:00am, works very hard until 3:30 pm. But I have learned many things, like work in team. I learned to comply with Federal goverment requirements. The management was strong but considered with the employee necessities. The hardest part of the job was to stay many hours sewing, very rapidly to make the task of the day.
Pros
develop manual speed
Cons
short breaks, no air conditioner
Hard and Fast job Its a production line
Sewing Operator (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRNovember 14, 2014
I learn operated a automatic sewing machine, how fast i do my production, i try to make my part with some fun its not that easy but is success. The hard part is do the homework, its 67 package a day. the most enjoyable its do your job and finish the homework and help others with the production that make you feel great,success.
Pros
12:00 PM everybody enjoy their meals in a coffee shop and dinning room
Cons
two short break. one in the morning and one afternoon
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  PROctober 16, 2013
Profound knowledge of materials, processes and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
Exceptional knowledge of the designs, maintenance, repair and use of tools and machines.
Exceptional ability to control operations of equipment and systems.
Immense ability to pick the appropriate tool or equipment needed to do a job.
Observe sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notify supervisor.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Representante de Recursos Humanos (Former Employee) –  PRJuly 8, 2015
A good professional environment work place. Everyday different problems to resolve maintaining the employee alert in order to give the correct response to them.
friendly enviorment
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Cabo Rojo, PRJuly 18, 2014
Position in the Laundry dept. Service and repaired all machine, legger, topper, sleeve cabinet,york, label,button, sewing,dryers and washer machine.
Did electrical wiring repair,pluming work and housekeeping duties.
Distribute items to workers and assembly line, warehouse operator, forklift, hand truck, reproduction order and work order.
Supervised and help operator in production.
Service and repair, spreader, cutting machine and also assisted in other duties.
Managing accounts and meeting various end users to gain more additional sales.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern California, Las Vegas, ArizonaFebruary 6, 2013
The company is a great company that has done well since Vietnam. Currently Propper is a leader in the Tactical clothing industry that has tones of potential and just getting into the footwear business as well.
Product Development
Product Development and Programming Department (Former Employee) –  PRDecember 9, 2013
Located in Puerto Rico, nice place to work, good co-workers. Learn alot from packaging, Quality control, Engineer, Cutting Room process, planning. all around, nothing negative. Left because I had a good oportunity for my first time working on Aerospace in Californina. I work at Propper for over 21 years.
Pros
Merit bonuses
Cons
no comment
nice product
Territory Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  new york nyMarch 31, 2015
nice jewelry and good people. Not much advertising to build brand awareness. Costume jewelry that looks like find jewelry
Poor quality place to work
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOAugust 9, 2014
There is no structure within this company and a lot of business is lost because of the lack of caring. There are many unprofessional relationships held within the company. I enjoyed working with the public and my sales team and clients.
Great place to work.
CARIBBEAN VICE PRESIDENT HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRFebruary 24, 2014
Great company to work at. Plenty of opportunities to be creative and to contribute to the bottom line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Propper International. Our community is ready to answer.