Propper International

Propper International Employer Reviews

Poor quality place to work
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Weldon Spring, MOAugust 9, 2014
There is no structure within this company and a lot of business is lost because of the lack of caring. There are many unprofessional relationships held within the company. I enjoyed working with the public and my sales team and clients.
friendly enviorment
Service technician (Former Employee), Cabo Rojo, PRJuly 18, 2014
Position in the Laundry dept. Service and repaired all machine, legger, topper, sleeve cabinet,york, label,button, sewing,dryers and washer machine.
Did electrical wiring repair,pluming work and housekeeping duties.
Distribute items to workers and assembly line, warehouse operator, forklift, hand truck, reproduction order and work order.
Supervised – more... and help operator in production.
Service and repair, spreader, cutting machine and also assisted in other duties. – less
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee), Mayaguez, Puerto RicoMay 17, 2014
I learned how to work with pressure.
Good relation with my co-workers.
Productive place to work
Sewing Machine Operator and Packing (Former Employee), Mayagüez, PRApril 1, 2014
My review for Propper Inc. is that it wasn't a bad place to work but thing went bad for the company.
Great place to work.
CARIBBEAN VICE PRESIDENT HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee), Mayagüez, PRFebruary 24, 2014
Great company to work at. Plenty of opportunities to be creative and to contribute to the bottom line.
Product Development
Product Development and Programming Department (Former Employee), PRDecember 9, 2013
Pros: merit bonuses
Cons: no comment
Located in Puerto Rico, nice place to work, good co-workers. Learn alot from packaging, Quality control, Engineer, Cutting Room process, planning. all around, nothing negative. Left because I had a good oportunity for my first time working on Aerospace in Californina. I work at Propper for over 21 years.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), PROctober 16, 2013
Cons: short breaks
Profound knowledge of materials, processes and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
Exceptional knowledge of the designs, maintenance, repair and use of tools and machines.
Exceptional ability to control operations of equipment and systems.
Immense ability to pick the appropriate tool or equipment needed to do a job.
Observe – more... sewing machine operation to detect defects in stitching or machine malfunction, and notify supervisor. – less
OPERARIA DE MAQUINA INDUSTRIAL (Former Employee), Cabo Rojo, Puerto RicoOctober 16, 2013
Pros: luchtime
Cons: short break every 4 hours
Working under pressure with an assigned task per day.Teamwork completely to make the material requiered by byers
A typical day at work
Operator (Former Employee), PRSeptember 24, 2013
Everybody starts at the same time and its the typical office environment, its low key but lot of work.
High paced high pressure work environment.
Inventory and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Mayagüez, PRMay 9, 2013
Pros: excellent opportunity to develop leading and management skills.
Cons: job insecurity and low opportunity for advancement.
The environment behind the company is one of high stress. Everything needs to be done at the fastest rate possible without compromising quality of product. The speed in with goals are met determine the profit and opportunities of working with new products and services.
The hardest part of it was to maintain control of a situation and come up with a – more... plan to resolve issues at a moments notice in order to maintain the flow of productivity.
It was great in the way you interact and coordinate so many people from so many departments in order to keep communications and keeping records, plans and goals up to date in order to efficiently achieve company goals. – less
Managing accounts and meeting various end users to gain more additional sales.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Southern California, Las Vegas, ArizonaFebruary 6, 2013
The company is a great company that has done well since Vietnam. Currently Propper is a leader in the Tactical clothing industry that has tones of potential and just getting into the footwear business as well.
Productive workplace
Plant Manager (Current Employee), PRJanuary 20, 2013
Every day I begin in my plant verifying the absenteeism, balancing all products and asking my staff what they need to achieve the daily goal. Then I verify my e-mails and walk thru the plant telling good morning to my personnel. During the day I verify the quality of my products and the work in process. I establish priorities in order to complete the – more... manufacturing orders on time while solving problems quickly to achieve the production goals. I also verify with my engineer, quality supervisor, production supervisors and other staff how we can improve the production and products, the plant efficiency and decrease the cost. All these things making combination of operations, verifying yields, verifying standard times and other things.

I am also involved on complains presented by the associates looking always for improvement of the work environment, things as improvement of the workstation facilities, improvement of the work making changes to the patterns and methods, or solving conflicts between associates.

In my seven years in this company I have learn a lot about management, engineer, ISO procedures, products specifications and how to deal with people. – less
Social activities
Laboratory Assistance II: R & D Chemistry (Former Employee), PROctober 5, 2012
Pros: company bonus
Cons: no sickness days and vacation days.
A typical day at work is a bussy day, some times with out time for lunch but so productive day. The day begins with a staff meeting to coordinate what going to be the shcedule fos these shift and the spectative that I hope to have at the end of the day. Normaly I made a management review every 3 month but every week my staff and I coordinate a exhecution – more... plan to complete at the end of the week. My co-workers are a great group everyone compose a important part of the group. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is having all the goals achieved. – less
Very hard work with a high quantity of units to be produced
Costurera (Former Employee), PRJuly 21, 2012
Pros: develop manual speed
Cons: short breaks, no air conditioner
A typical dat at work start at 7:00am, works very hard until 3:30 pm. But I have learned many things, like work in team. I learned to comply with Federal goverment requirements. The management was strong but considered with the employee necessities. The hardest part of the job was to stay many hours sewing, very rapidly to make the task of the day.