Propulsion Controls Engineering Employee Reviews in United States

Good Learning Experience
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2015
I overhauled diesel engines. I learned different mechanical skills. Management was good. Co workers were great. Working in small,extremely hot conditions. Starting up the engine you just rebuild and know you did a good job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay for the amount of work
A Stepping Stone to Learn a Trade...
Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2015
I find most people will ultimately move on from PCE to a higher paying job or to a gov't job. A great place to learn a trade and after a number of years of perfecting your craft if the company does not plan to compensate or match a competitor then move on. There are plenty of occasions where people have left and come right back because PCE offers a good environment and a steady job. Monetarily always behind paying industry standards which is the biggest reason for losing good employees.
Pros
company parties, co-workers, offer plenty of ot/dt
Cons
monetarily behind
Good company
Electrical Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego CaDecember 4, 2014
The problem the company had was that there was not much upward mobility. The hourly wages were great for the work that was done and the management was great to work with. There was always a bit of a fear of loosing the job because it was all contractual work, so there was not much job security with the company.
Working here is good always work to be done.
temp employee (Current Employee) –  san diego,ca.May 9, 2014
As a temporary employee you are not recognized for any of your skills or importance within the mission of the company. You are an outcast sort of, however they work you just like their PCE employees'. You don't get any benefits but are expected to contribute to their mission, and work you as much as possible including overtime. Advancement and pay raises are a thing not discussed, because they don't give any except to a certain few.
Some managers are good to their workers, they work you even if it is slow. The workers are great people to work with.
Productive workplace.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2013
Start work at 0600 go to shipyard and work on diesel engines from assigned United States Navy ship. Learned many new skills with shipboard diesel systems. Management was prior Navy retired Master chief and ran a tight ship.I enjoyed all aspects of the job. Hardest part of the job was not having the tools or parts necessary to complete the job.
Pros
great place to learn new skills
Cons
temporary assignment
Great people to work with
Quality Assurance / Welding Inspector (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 6, 2015
Days are typically spent conducting various types of inspections on board naval ships. Inspections can differ between weld inspections and paint inspections.
Good people
Outside Machinist (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIJanuary 28, 2015
can get along with anyone. everybody is like family, everyday is a good day never a dull moment at P.C.E.
They have standed that we can reach so we can better our selfs
My experience at PCE
Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIAugust 13, 2012
Working at PCE has been great. I started out a marine emchaninc in August 2008 and in 2010 became their EHS coordinator. I recomend coming by the shop to apply .
Pros
good overtime for trades
Cons
pto accumilation
Laborsome and dirty work.
hydrolics and rotating equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  National City, CAApril 25, 2013
Long hours and dirty work. overtime isnt given its forced. no way of advancing within the company.
Pros
na
Cons
ghetto area, random hours and dirty work.
exercise caution
Outside Machinist (Former Employee) –  San DiegoAugust 20, 2014
The catch is they will work you hard for 90 days and let u go.
Layoffs are a certainty.
learned a lot while I worked there.
Motor shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2013
Working for the company was fine till I had a medical problem and they layed me off.