ProQuest Employee Reviews

Flex time
Editor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 7, 2017
Pay is on the low end, but offset by flex time & extended vacation time. No possibility of advancement. Possibility of layoffs within the next year.
Pros
4 paid development days per year.
Cons
No advancement potential.
fun place and good work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 27, 2017
Good work and nice people but upper management is clueless of the direction
Free lunches and good Healthcare plans.
Good team building activities and festival celebrations
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
More contractors than FT, Narrow minded managers
Productive and fun place
Metadata/ Content Digitization Editor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 26, 2017
The typical day was relaxed but very professional. As one of the youngest in my department at 22 (at the time, now 23) there was a lot that the more well seasoned employees taught me about my job and also about professionalism generally. Not only did they tell me but they exemplified it in their own day to day. Management is awesome and understanding! I loved my managers and because I did I wanted to work harder for them.

The hardest part about the job is that it can feel a bit boring at times, but you were by no means glued to your desk. Management encouraged you to get up and walk around and take unscheduled breaks if you needed to kill the monotony and take a phone call.

The most enjoyable by far were the people. Though I was the youngest, they treated me with respected and as the young adult that I am. Expectations were not lowered for me and I honestly enjoyed and appreciated the challenge. I enjoyed the challenge even more so because there is always someone nearby willing to extend a hand and offer some advice.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 24, 2017
Fast paced but fun. Lots of opportunities to advance. Very supportive management and some of the nicest co-workers I've ever worked with. Excellent benefits and more paid time off than most companies out there.
Pros
Great benefits and paid time off.
Fine place to work
Electronic Content liaison (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 9, 2017
Underhanded financial dealing nearly destroyed the company. A culture that allows this sort of illegal behavior should be reviewed in detail before working for it.
Great company with educational assitance programs
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TNJuly 20, 2017
The company offers flexible schedules and really values the employees. ProQuest offers educational assistances for employees looking to gain further education.
Pros
Vitality program to award employees for healthy living
Don't do it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 18, 2017
Management is a joke. Won't listen, fires people for standing up for themselves. Employees are left in the dark and wondering if they'll have a job tomorrow. I do not recommend working for ProQuest.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Interesting and educational
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER /Sales Account MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 3, 2017
Working at ProQuest was a challenge with the implemented changes that kept occurring. The administrative tasks using Salesforce was extremely helpful.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Upper Management
good
Cataloging Intern (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 8, 2017
This is a good place to work. Nice work environment and interest challenging positions are available here. I recommend.
Productive and fun workplace to work with.
.Net Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 13, 2016
Has a great environment which lets us to learn new technologies as required. Gets adopted to new technology and encourages same for the employees to work with.
Good, interesting work
Curriculum Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 10, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at ProQuest, as it allowed me to put my history degrees to work, and gain experience working remotely (which is something I would very much like to do full time).
interesting place work
imagining specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 4, 2016
ProQuest is a interesting place to work it deals with so many different documents from the turn of the century and reading and working with this information was very informational to me.
Working in a time warp
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2016
There has been continual lay-offs for the last two years and challenges around leadership and consistency. Moral is down.

They seem to be stuck in the early 2000's time warp.
Cons
lay-off rounds for 2 years
Machine Learning Intern
Machine Learning Intern (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 16, 2016
People here are really really nice. Work time is pretty flexible. However, the problem for me is that Proquest is not a very data driven company, so it might not be a good fit for me.
Great company to work.
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2016
I really enjoyed my job. Started as corrector of articles which means I call up a scanned article and made sure it looks like the paper copy. Later we were trained to both scan and correct articles. Was very good at my job. Cross-trained in printing to cover for them when on vacation. Got along very well with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job I don't really know of any. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job and interacting with my fellow employees.
Pros
The company benefits and compensation were wonderful.
Cons
Had to pay for parking.
Relaxed Environment
Digital Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 15, 2016
Of my entire work experience, mine at ProQuest has been the best.
The work environment, based on my own time there has been zero stress. My superiors treat and respect me as an adult. My immediate supervisor has a realistic view of life outside of the company and how it may affect our schedules. He's been very flexible yet is stern and fair about office policies. I believe the pay at ProQuest is good. Medical benefits, however, could be a bit cheaper but I'm still able to afford them. Small things like being able to listen to our headphones on the job makes our responsibilities more enjoyable. We don't have a punch in clock, we are not micro managed. We are trusted and treated as responsible adults. My co workers are easy to get along with. Most have been with the company for many years. I believe the environment in our building is relaxed and stress free because our superiors don't micromanage us, they treat us with respect and as equals. The management at ProQuest is the largest reason I have stayed and why I love my job.
Pros
Relaxed, stress free environment, good pay
Cons
It's always cold
Great people!
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  SeattleMarch 3, 2016
Great work environment, smart people. Good work/life balance- Fremont location. Senior management somewhat out of touch.
Positive overall work experience
Account Executive - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 29, 2016
Pleasant work environment. Best part of the job was the quality of people with whom I worked each day. Structure of annual compensation plan provided good sales incentive for a good portion of my tenure, but unfortunately became somewhat negative in my final 3-4 years, due to frequent and substantial changes in company management and overall company strategy.
"Old school" culture that made business progress a serious challenge
Account Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJOctober 12, 2015
Most days consisted of managing email, and monitoring and managing automated delivery processes of digital content.

What I learned (spoken with some measure of sarcasm) is that old dogs need to learn new tricks, or they can expect to wither away and die. The products were strong at their core, but management was too reluctant to invest in the technology required to streamline and simplify product delivery. The customers ultimately suffered.

The staff there was friendly, and competent, but they were also very complacent. The hardest part of the job was contending with customer expectations that were invariably unfulfilled.
Pros
A quiet, modern workplace
Cons
Lack of central focus. Outmoded business culture.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 8, 2015
Great place to work. Learned a variety of new software while learning new concepts that will be of use in furthering my career