ProSource Wholesale Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2017
This was a temporary job for me and I loved working there - it just was not enough money to survive on . At the time I did have a spouse but even with both incomes it was a struggle but this was almost 15 years ago and they are still in business.. Overall I really enjoyed the job - it was flooring sales.
Pros
Great people and training program
Cons
Not enough money
September 14, 2017

Awww. So nice to hear from someone who worked for us so long ago. The showroom in Las Vegas is under new ownership and management now and has grown to become one of our top 5 showrooms. Earning potential has also significantly increased. If you are interested in returning, we are hiring for this location (Sept 2017).

Wonderful workplace.
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2017
You have to be driven to succeed and not afraid to make cold calls. Wonderful experience working with builders, designers, architects and the general public. Very creative outlet. Highly competitive co-sales staff!
Pros
Creative environment.
Cons
Very demanding of time.
September 14, 2017

Agreed! A person really needs to be driven to achieve in a sales position here. The good news is that you have a whole team of co workers to help you get there.

Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 13, 2017
GoodCompany but I do not like the new manager. He made the work environment to difficult and was not genuine so I have moved on and am extremely happy in my new endeavor.
September 14, 2017

Happy to hear that you have found a happy place. Sometimes change can be stressful, especially when it involves a person with a new management style.
Also happy to hear that you had a positive experience overall with the company itself.
Not sure how long ago you were with PS Nashville, but it is under new ownership as of August 2015.

Opportunities are endless
Mgr (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
ProSource Floors is one of the only flooring companies (retail/wholesale) that offers real opportunities.
Commissions are fair and obtainable.
It's a pretty competitive atmosphere that actually pushes ultra competitive people to to better at what they do..
Unlimited product offering - if you can't find there you won't find it anywhere
Flooring and Cabinets! Big ticket items
Training - part of a nationwide franchise - offering product training, system training, prospect training, claims training
Fast Paced - The days fly by. Too fast sometimes
Alternate Saturdays in larger staff stores - even then it's only 3 morning hours
The Manager(s) are fair and are there to support YOU.

The best part of our job....The customers. They're wonderful. You're usually dealing with clients of your contractor, who are excited about their remodeling changes or their new construction.
Our product offering is immense and our pricing is super competitive because of our buying power. So it's win-win for both the clients or the contractor.
Pros
opportunity, buying power/resources
Cons
The day flies by....
July 20, 2017

If this doesn't convince a job seeker that this is a great place to work, nothing will.
We are happy to hear that you enjoy your career so much!

Prosource and entrepreneurship
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 27, 2017
ProSource has been a salvation of sorts for me. I worked in retail for many years. Over time the corporation I worked for kept taking away any and all reasons to perform. Over the years of being a retail employee I witnessed commissions being stripped away, and bonuses removed eliminated. Actually every incentive to perform was removed. Life simply became showing up to get paid regardless of performance. It became so bad being employed in a "Big Box" that those individuals that attempted to be better than the 'herd' actually became a problem to the status quo.

At ProSource I have been given the opportunity to better myself financially merely by being the performer I was deprived of becoming in retail. My rewards at ProSource are directly proportional to the efforts I expend to grow my business within the business.

ProSource is a breath of fresh air for myself as I felt that the stagnant air of a retail environment choking the life out of me. I once again feel as if I am alive and that is simply because of the environment of ENTREPRENEURSHIP that exists within my position of being an Account Manager.
Pros
Income potential, work environment, hours
Cons
Can be stressful if not prepared for fast paced
June 28, 2017

We are so happy to have you! It is great that you find your work rewarding. Keep building those relationships with your Members, and you will soon be a $2 million+ per year Black Belt!

Job seeker beware!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 13, 2017
Absolutely horrible management! If you enjoy Micromanagement and an extremely unprofessional environment, then you will fit right in. It is the most unethical and unprofessional place I have ever worked. You are expected to bust your butt for below standard pay. Leads from Corporate are worse than flipping through the phonebook to find customers. Endless promises are made but are rarely kept. 40 hours is expected to be at least 50 hours in office and on call after that if you want to be on the good side of management. I really can't stress how awful this place is! Don't make the same mistake that I and many others did in that revolving door of a workplace. It is not worth the unnecessary stress!
Pros
Nice showroom
Cons
Everything else!
Owner (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 5, 2017
ProSource of Columbia is a fantastic business to work with. This location in Columbia, MD has thousands of samples of all different types of flooring including carpet, hardwood, vinyl, and ceramic. Besides flooring, they also have beautiful kitchen cabinets, backsplash tiles, vanities, and counter tops.
Pros
Terrific place to work.
Cons
None at all
June 8, 2017

YES!! ProSource of Columbia is under new ownership!! Welcome back to the Family!! We have missed you and look forward to working with you for years to come!

Fast paced job with lots of moving parts
SALES SUPPORT/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 29, 2017
I learned a lot working at Prosource. There are many different options to choose for flooring and there are many ways to make money. But you really have to be very thorough in each transaction and make sure you do not make any errors or try to take shortcuts or it will cost you dearly.
Pros
Good pay, nice environment to work
Cons
Fast paced, challenging, long hours
It's my Family
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 27, 2017
I've been at ProSource for 11 years. I love what I do-every day is different, the industry is always changing and everything is generally pretty fast paced. We have a great sales team, with lots of diverse experience that makes a great pool of experts in our showroom . My clients and their clients have become friends. I love relationship based selling- It's what makes this the best model in the flooring industry to work for.
Pros
Every day is different and I'm constantly learning
Cons
There is never and end to the learning curve
Great company!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 26, 2017
I have been with ProSource for 22 years. It is a great company and corporate is very supportive of it's franchisees. But, it;s not all work and no play! we have great team building activities, vendor and members bbq's and keep out workplace a great place to come to everyday.
Pros
see baove
Cons
no cons
Wonderful company to work for!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 25, 2017
I have been with Prosource Wholesale for almost 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. The work atmosphere is genuinely good, upbeat and enjoyable. There is never a danger of having nothing to do - we are always busy with clients, members, calls, emails, showroom maintenance and any number of other tasks. There are many opportunities for advancement and the basic compensation is quite fair. There are always contests and other options for making more money and receiving other incentives. I am grateful and consider myself lucky to work in a location where we all get along like a big family - dysfunctional at times - but family nonetheless!
Pros
Great people/management team - Flexible in regards to needing time off, etc. - Fun but focused atmosphere.
Cons
Would like to see a better/more affordable insurance plan available.
Great Job! I love the challenge!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 24, 2017
Every day is a new challenge..."find this wood", can you "match this carpet", can you design my kitchen "within this budget"!!! Southern California is a super competitive environment with tons of competition. If you are good at what you do, listen to the needs of your customers and accommodate them, and most importantly, if you have "drive" you can make really good money. I've been here two years and am excelling at my job. I love it! I love my customers!

Our management is aware that people have lives and when something urgent comes up they are flexible and actually care about us as people.

Best job I have ever had.
Pros
You stay busy all day.
Cons
You stay busy all day.
June 7, 2017

Loving your job is half the battle! Working for a company that cares about you as an individual helps a LOT! We are happy to have you on our team!

Great people and place to work!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 24, 2017
A normal work day consists of following up with existing orders, checking on palm, calling customers, putting samples away, and greeting and selling flooring to our members and their clients. The work atmosphere is great. Customers let us know often that they like coming to Prosource because of the employees. One complaint would be is having split days off. I feel that people need 2 days off in a row to recharge mentally and physically. The best part of my job is the people I work with and the thousands of flooring options Prosource has to offer for their customers.
The people!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2017
The best part of ProSource is the people. Its like family here, even with our customers! We have all worked together for many years and we all love and respect each other. We do not always get along but we do all have respect for each other and how hard one another works in this office.
Great Place To Work!!!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2017
Great job to work for if you are a fast paced self motivated individual that likes to make as much money as you wish. Great business model and great hours.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Sometimes you will miss eating because you are so busy!!
Get out of it what you put into it!
Kitchen and Bath Designer (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 23, 2017
I have been with ProSource for 4 months as a Kitchen & Bath designer and I have enjoyed it immensely. There is a good crew here and we work together to fulfill the customer's requests. There are no Divas and no Prince's, just hardworking people who enjoy what they do. At times it gets hectic and tense, but when you have deadline related products, that is bound to happen. Compensation is fine with added commissions and perks like birthday lunch for all when one employee has a birthday. There is plenty of training to be had, if you can find the time to do it. My only con would be that most of us work through lunch, and that is not a healthy way to keep your metabolism on an even keel, but that is up to the individual and not a requirement.
Pros
Commissions are good, training promoted, free birthday lunches
Cons
Working through lunch most days so you don't have to stay late.
Great environment to work in! fun and fast
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAMay 22, 2017
I have been here for just over a year! I have learned that ProSource is a fair and great place to work. with all the products we have to offer, I can give my clients no other reason to go anywhere else. That makes my job and their selection process easy. And makes me look good.
I work with a great group. so I guess I got lucky. I have worked in this Industry for over 30 years and that has not been my experiences in the past.
The hardest part of my job? I would have to say, when we are busy with calls, people in the showroom and email to catch up on. Finding the time to not miss one opportunity to help my clients without errors.
The workplace is great! Our office Manager is so kind. On Fridays we have fresh baked cookies and a BBQ, as Employees we love it. Even the Veggie Burgers! Our customers love the smell of the fresh baked cookies "Don't be a Snookie have a Cookie".
I would recommend Prosource to any looking to be in the Flooring or Kitchen and bath business.
Pros
The professional atmosphere
Cons
Not a Con. Very busy
Productive workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 20, 2017
greatly enjoy working at ProSource, great atmosphere, management is always willing to help. Establishing relationships with your members and earning their trust is the most rewarding.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no 401K
Wholesale flooring
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 19, 2017
I work with computers, money and all types of flooring, counter tops, cabinets, and carpet. Everyone is friendly and we get to meet new people everyday. I learn new things everyday. I think the hardest thing is just getting installers out to measure but its because they are all so busy. My favorite part about ProSource is the people and the relationships i have built.
Pros
Lots of selections
Cons
Need better computer programs
Great Place To Work
Kitchen and Bath Designer (Current Employee) –  Northwest, OHMay 19, 2017
ProSource is a great place to work. I enjoy the work environment, and it is very rewarding. From Management to employees, all are a pleasure to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProSource Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2