Prospect Mortgage

Prospect Mortgage Employer Reviews

Great people
Appraisal Specialist (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: 1/2 hour lunch
Cons: n/a
Customer savy - flexible hours. Very nice people who are always very helpful
Great people, tools, and resources
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), ChicagoJuly 28, 2014
Produced revenue to reach the $20,000 Club twice, once within the first month. Recruited two colleagues resulting in increased company sales of over $100k.
All rounder
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAJune 20, 2014
Pros: good exposure to different areas of the technology
I am the whole and sole DBA and quite challenging to work with different Teams.
A great place for Mortgage Success
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Newton, MAJune 11, 2014
A great place for Mortgage Success! They give you all the tools you need to succeed.
Great People to work with.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 4, 2014
Management made sure employees had every tool to complete the job timely and effectively.
Decent Company
Recruiter (Current Employee), NationalMay 22, 2014
They did expect about 2-3 hours of work outside of the 8 hour work day. There was good pay and benefits. The management has a one track mind and are not willing to listen to innovative ideas. The co-workers were amazing and made it a decent environment for a mundane job.
Fun place to work
Senior Processor (Former Employee), New YorkMay 22, 2014
Pros: free anything
Cons: nothing
Great workplace, fun people. A typical day at work consisted of being able to review files as they came in and management really worked to help all processors.
Tough, Tough, place to get ahead
Loan Officer (Current Employee), CAMay 1, 2014
Pros: potential income
Cons: internal restrictions, work-life balance is non existent, tough to advance corporately this will not happen to any new folks
Every company has favorites, culture, and expectations. Lets just say you will get great training and the company is strong. However, internal issues will slow you down. You are expected to have absolutely no life nor should you when building a business. Expect to grind hard and long 7 days a week. Nothing is easy in this business. But the rewards are – more... huge. – less
Great organization to work for with increasing responsibilities that are welll adapted with ever changing mortgage industry.
Regulatory Compliance Consultant (Former Employee), Irving TXApril 10, 2014
Great organization to work for with increasing responsibilities that are well adapted with ever changing mortgage industry.
Being able to help loan officer, so they can close loans.
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: working from home.
Cons: only seeing other employees, once a week.
A typical day was, answering phone calls from Loan Origination Software users, where they needed help with system performance and or Data entry.
I learned that computer software changes, can make sense if you know the basics really well.
My manager is a fair and just person.
My co-workers are team players, putting their needs in third place.
The hardest – more... part of the job, is when there is a programming error.
Most enjoyable is working with the programmers, figuring out a system issue. – less
Fun Staff little room for advancement and pay increase
203K Draw Coordinator (Former Employee), Simi ValleyFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits
I actually enjoyed working for this department. We disbursed funds for renovation accounts. Management was fun and helpful, although they didn't like you to speak up regarding the "issues" whether they be valid or not.
average place
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 7, 2014
It's ok, like people in my dept. Benefits don't seem to be a priority.
Overall good place to work. .
Resolution Associate (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Productive and enjoyable place to work. Sometimes family atmosphere but can be restrictive at times. Favoritism is very evident to a point that can make some employees uncomfortable and growth within the company very hard to get unless you know the right people. I like a family and /or team oriented atmosphere that gives everyone the same chance at – more... growth.
. – less
Great place to work.
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: friendly and professional work environment.
A typical day at work was knowing what tasks needed to be completed in a friendly work environment. I learned how to scan files, use Microsoft Excel more, data input, and organize files. The management was great with a professional work environment. Everyone was doing what they were suppose to do and not goofing around. My co-workers were friendly and – more... considerate. There was no hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to sit at my desk and do my daily routine in a professional work environment. – less
Well oiled machine
Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Making sure loans closed was a typical day at work, learned how to become a team player within a corporate setting. Had a very productive management team which made the position enjoyable. The hardest part of my position was that there was not enough time in an 8 hour day to satisfy my customers needs the way I knew how (long hours).
Retail loan opener
Retail loan opener (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: no job security
As a Retail Loan Opener my duties consist of obtaining loans from loan officers, input clients information into the system, generate a mortgage loan number and send to borrower their initial disclosures. I learned how to open and send disclosures on out of state loans. Management was fair. My co workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was adding – more... co-mortgagers. The most enjoyable part was that the job was easy. – less
Prospect Mortgage is a great place
Closing Verification Specialist (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks,CADecember 15, 2013
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: hours can only be certian hours
Entering information from files to spread sheet or programs for logging in files.
Hardest part: making sure that the program saves all the information.
Enjoyable: No day is the same as the other.
Terrible Management/Condescending
Operations (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
I never had a problem with any of my co-workers, in fact they were the ones that I got along with the most. The atmosphere amongst co-workers is probably one of the best that I have had in any work environment. It was one of the most helpful groups I have been a part of. We could ask each other questions and help one another out.

However, my problem – more... comes from management. They are by far the worst couple of people that I have ever worked for. Very condescending and two faced. It is very hard to be able to go through your workday having someone micromanage you every hour, as if you do not know what you are doing. Prospect Mortgage needs to really look at the people that they are putting in management roles and see what they are actually capable of. It is hard to work for a manager who cannot make their own decisions and constantly tells you "I don't know". The morale of many of the employees has definitely gone down because of the way management talks to them and because management itself does not know how to perform their job.

There is a lot of potential because a lot of the employees are very hard workers but please pay attention to upper management. Just because they sat behind a computer for years and you think they deserve a management role does not mean that they are the right people for these roles! – less
Motivating Work Enviornment
West Division Sales Expansion Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 15, 2013
Pros: many company activities, sales rallies, operational support cook offs
Everyday presents itself with challenges and obstacles, but the culture here at Prospect is one that pushes, motivates and holds us accountable to our daily disciplines that we have set for ourselves.

There is tremendous satisfaction when goals are met or exceeded and a job well done is accomplished.

The Leadership here has a difficult task of challenging – more... the employees, being a resource of advice & knowledge that is always accessible, but also in empowering us to taking ownership and having an entreprenurial mindset. – less
Good vibe, Good leadership
Marketing (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 3, 2013
Pros: strong team spirit, some stellar talent here, strong leadership and a dynamic, enjoyable work environment
Cons: nothing to report thus far.
I work in the Recruiting arm of the company, based in Irvine, Ca. In this office, there is a high energy vibe and a strong team spirit. Extra curricular team-building events are commonplace. Leadership takes a hands-on role in training and rewards accomplishments at weekly meetings. It's highly motivating and fosters a great dynamic between team members. – more... I enjoy the job, find it challenging and especially like how everyone gets along. – less

About Prospect Mortgage

Prospect Mortgage is a residential retail mortgage lender in the United States and offers a range of home loans. The company is – Read more

Prospect Mortgage Photos