Prospect Mortgage Employee Reviews in United States

'
Senior Jumbo Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMarch 10, 2016
People/underwriters and immediate managers are excellent people to work with.
Needs to concentrate on training all people starting from sales team to operations.
Pros
Close to home, working early hours.
Cons
People/underwriters and immediate managers are good to work with.
Laid off after 6 mos.
Content Manager/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2015
I liked working there but was very surprised when I was laid off. When will upper management ever manage without laying people off.
Disfunctional Organization
Accounting and Finance (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 12, 2015
Typical day at work is a minimum of 10 hours, sometimes 12. For some reason management wants things done before the target date just because. This would mean working every weekend.

Behind the curve with regards to technology. Most processes are manual. Boss asked me not to complete regulatory required and mandated courses but to focus on getting the work done instead. I couldn't do these courses on my time either because they can't accommodate remote log in from home.

Manager couldn't run a lemonade stand or even spell the word 'leadership' or 'communication' for that matter.

In-efficient accounting policies and no corporate culture for innovation.

But don't believe this review. The turn-over in staff is very high. My peers generally have stayed about a year and have gone on to better paying jobs which offer a better work environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No time nor website to sign up for benefits (Signup using paperwork)
Great Company
Closing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 12, 2015
Great Company to work for.....currently going thru some growing pains with switching LOS.

The switch over was not handled properly and as a result the employees are feeling lost and confused but it is a strong staff and we will make it work.
work culture
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 8, 2015
The culture that was cultivated at this office was not one that I supported for numerous reasons. An environment of mutual respect I feel is the type of environment that reaps the most productivity for all facets of a company.
Great Location and Great Products.
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 1, 2015
Enjoyed having Private Office at the Pomona Location. I was able to meet clients at the office because of the Convenient Location.
Like working in the department i am in
Tech Administrator/Regional Desktop Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 27, 2015
The guys I work with good and always willing to teach me stuff when time permits it. I still have a lot to learn. The management team that I am under are the greatest. They always get me the necessary tools I need to make my job more comfortable.
High volume busy branch
Senior TeServicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 29, 2015
Fun, high energy busy branch. Maintained a friendly work atmosphere while making sure all customers are satisfied with the service they received.
No Advancement Opportunities
Loan Officer Trainee (Former Employee) –  MDJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day was going into the office and sitting for 8 hours. There was never any work to actually do. Now to most people I guess this is a cake walk of a job, for people trying to grow themselves into career professionals, this was just frustrating.
Now when there was work to be done, I finished it quickly and tried to learn as much as possible. I asked questions, analyzed each file crucially and did my best to groom myself for management opportunities in my future.
My co-workers were great and they has been missed since my resigning from the company.
Pros
co-workers, casual attire if you like dressing down
Cons
management. each employee was not treated on the same, unprofessional
productive work environment
Scanning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  15301 ventura blvd, sherman oaks, CA 91403November 26, 2014
completing my task
work as a team
very funny
dong a lot of extra hrs
being reward
Pros
cupos
Cons
one hour
Great company and coworkers
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Wareham, MANovember 12, 2014
Assisted loan officers with entering loans and following through from beginning to end for the loan to close and scheduling with attorney. Many clerical duties completed.
great opportunity
Quality Assurance Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 23, 2014
great peers to work with, management had open door policy, great atmosphere
Great opportunity
Help-Desk Manager & Desktop Solutions Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 23, 2014
I enjoyed the management team. Very team oriented environment. I learned a great deal from my Boss the senior VP of Infrastructure. I implemented a lot of new technology and I will forever be indebted to Prospect for the opportunity to grow.

Much Love!!
SQL BI Developer
Role SQL BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2014
• Installed SQL Server 2008 on development and production servers setting up databases, users, roles and permissions.
• Upgraded all SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 without any service interruption.
• Involved in the all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Involved in the normalization and de-normalization of the databases.
• Created and Modified tables, views, triggers, Indexes, User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, cursors in SQL Server 2008.
• Wrote the complex queries using joints, Sub-queries, common table expressions (CTE) in T-SQL-2008.
• Improved the performance of the T-SQL queries and Stored procedures by using SQL profiler, Execution plan, SQL performance monitor and Index tuning advisor.
• Created SSIS packages to transfer data from different data sources load it to data warehouse.
• Used SSIS features like event handlers, property expressions, and package configurations, transaction option, checkpoints and protection levels in the packages.
• Migrated DTS packages to SSIS packages using package migration wizard.
• Used containers, Execute SQL task, Execute package task, Script task etc. for transformation of data in the SQL Server Integration Services packages from OLTP to OLAP.
• Created efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transformations.
• Responsible for monitoring the progress of a SSIS packages and logging progress to a text file, SQL Tables and windows event log.
• Created cubes for Dimension and fact tables for future and current reporting using SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Created
  more... business critical key performance indicators (KPIs) using SQL Server Analysis Services.
• Wrote MDX queries according to the business requirements.
• Designed and crated distributed reports in multiple formats such as Excel, PDF, XML, HTML and CVS using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Developed drill down and drill through reports from multi-dimensional objects like star schema and snow flake schema using SSRS and performance point server.
• Designed and Implemented Comprehensive Backup plans and disaster recovery strategies.
• Created jobs and scheduled jobs using SQL Server Agent.
• Deployed code into the production environment. Provided 24/7 production support for the production database
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and health care
Fun workplace
Team Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 10, 2014
I prospected clients for home loans and followed up with clients regarding any documentation needed to keep their loan moving forward.
I learned how to work with various personalities to gain trust and developed better networking skills.
I worked with family and really enjoyed their company both professionally and personally.
Gaining trust of clients and keeping loyal referral sources.
I enjoyed putting people into homes or giving them more favorable mortgage terms.
Pros
the work enviroment
Cons
worked on commission- stress
Challenging and Rewarding
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 10, 2014
I am a contractor at Prospect Mortgage and I am not at liberty to provide a review.
Merge with smaller companies and then lay off staff and close branch
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 3, 2014
Merge with smaller companies and then lay off staff and close branch
n/a
Junior Underwriter (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 24, 2014
Prospect Mortgage was a great company to work for, but they had a workforce reduction in their staff.
Great people to work with.
Servicing Specialist-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 20, 2014
Fast paced environment kept me busy, my coworkers were wonderful to work with. People helped one another and were overall great. Most enjoyable part of my day were the meetings, a lot of valuable information was passed along.
Great people
Appraisal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 20, 2014
Customer savy - flexible hours. Very nice people who are always very helpful
Pros
1/2 hour lunch
Cons
n/a