Prospect Mortgage Employee Reviews

Great Company
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time with this company and they had nice bonus plan on a per file basis. I would have stayed longer but had to move.
Great atmosphere
Lead Conversion Partner (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Each day work consisted of continuous dialing of leads to acquire loans for experienced loan officers. At times sitting at a desk for 8 hours making dials yielded no fruit, but the days when clients are happy to hear from the company makes things a lot better and rewarding.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
continous dialing with no rest.
structured and not conducive to utilizing own initiative
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 23, 2017
No room for advancement. No recognition for bringing something extra to the table. Even the best review will not earn a merit increase after years of employment
Productive and fast paced enviroment. Good place to work!
Branch Production/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  CAJanuary 3, 2017
Overall friendly productive environment with a exceptional support team that provides tools to succeed. Fast paced, fun environment and a great place to work for!
Pros
Great benifits
You will learn to process loans
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wasco, CADecember 29, 2016
Always busy, learning new things everyday. Great support staff. You will learn a new system. That is all that I have to say.
Account executive
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2016
Effectively discover and target potential private and commercial clients, coordinating client needs with available products and services. Provide outstanding service to existing base, translating new business into loyal, long-term professional relationships.
A okay place to work
Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 9, 2016
I have been here a long time. The company care a lot about sales and there LO's. If you do well you get more work instead of getting promoted. If you do poorly they just move you around.
Pros
Great Potlucks
Cons
No room to grow
great place to work at to get started
Compliance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 7, 2016
company starts off with decent pay, but benefits are lacking, company could also use some focus on other departments and not just focusing on sales.
good company
Sr. Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2016
I have no complaints, good place to grow your database and build your referral partners. Management is knowledgeable and cares about their employees.
Pros
marketing and operations are great
Cons
rates a little high
Productive company and great staff
Compliance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CANovember 2, 2016
I have learned a lot with this company, great location and staff are great. I am looking to move up within the companies ladder and with my experience of what I learned, I am positive I can accomplish that.
Pros
Close from home, beautiful area location.
busy fast paced office
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  New City, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Busy fast paced office, no official training available, good company to work for if you are a self starter and motivated
Pros
na
Cons
commute long
"GREAT" Company & People
Lead Conversion / Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 16, 2016
Worked in the Irvine, CA location, management and employees were a truly tight team. Treated well and decent pay (+ Perks), if I ever get the chance to return "count me in".
Pros
Lots of perks and benefits
Cons
Had to leave - sold the home.
Excellent Senior Management, Good place to work.
Chief Fair Lending Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 26, 2016
I work with extremely talented and competitive people who are experts in their fields. The company hired the best people possible and supported them to accomplish their jobs. I do not have any issues with my employer, however, the Mortgage industry overall is in flux and the Fair Lending area is a high priority for Federal Regulatory examination. I have been thru numerous examinations and have been successful in them all including addressing MOU and MRA issues.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Stability
Unskilled leadership
AVP (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 4, 2016
Good team work but poor management. Management always use foul language in the office. They don't greet you unless you're male employees. However, we get free lunch each month if management remember to do so.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Poor management
Busy corporate location.
Regional Builder Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 29, 2016
Manage Specialized Builder Fulfillment for the entire Western US, including Alaska and Hawaii.
Oversee start-to-finish operations including processing, underwriting, and funding on all new construction loans, including construction-to-perm refinance transactions
beware
IT guy (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2016
learned a lot in Prospect if not most of my current skills
management is always changing, there is not a true sense of security.
Pros
lots of Freedom
Cons
there is never a true goal or an objective
Divisional Underwriting Managers would override you decision and essentially commit fraud to get the top producer's files funded
DE Sr. Underwriter/Conv/Renovation (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 2, 2016
Underwriting manager would delete your conditions so the fraudulent files can move forward. The system is not locked so anyone can change your figures and get an approval. Watch out if you're an underwriter...
Results focused company
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 21, 2016
High level of integrity. A lot of fluctuation with leadership. When management keeps changing, it is challenging to determine focus of the team.
Horrible
peeone (Current Employee) –  westlkae villagfeJune 4, 2016
the company is very rude don't care about their workers. More like a sweatshop. New Management has taken away every benefit. Only care about company profit. Worked there for years and never received a pay raise at all. They work you to the bone give you double the work and the expectations of what 1 person can do is absurd. they want you to work your tail off work through your lunches not get paid ...work from home and don't pay you.. The staff is extremely rude and favorites are played. Since a new manager came into play she has taken away our free time you don't get breaks even though they say you get them you really don't because they bog you down with work you have no time for your family and the pay and benefits SUCK! The hand book says you get 15 days but limit you to 10 and that includes sick time. You have no time to enjoy your life If you get sick that time is counted to your 10 days vacation leaving you no vacation at all. Working you to the bone and that much stress is way to much for one person to handle. Never any training. No one has time to teach you anything and when you ask questions you get snapped at and get no help
Pros

Comment – July 30, 2016

Yup! So true!! The new Manager really did take away everything including our free time. Expectations are way too high for one person to handle and work through lunches everyday!

The best job ever!
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 16, 2016
I loved everything about this place. The employees, management, the work load, the benefits. One of the best jobs I've ever obtained. This was a temporary position, but if i had the opportunity I would stay there for a lifetime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prospect Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.