Prospect Park Alliance

Prospect Park Alliance Employer Reviews

Lakeside Gardening Work
Landscaper (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Hard, strenuous, physical work.

Beautiful park, beautiful environment.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Food Services (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 2, 2014
Management is great. co workers are fun. I learned communication skills
Great organization with a heart
Fundraising Events Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2013
Over 25 years of making a great Park greater. Honored to help raise over $150,000 in the short time I have worked here through two large fundraising events.
Pastoral workplace with good pay and great management.
Working under Landscape Architect Crystal Gaudio (Current Employee), Prospect ParkMay 30, 2013
Cons: no benefits
Typically, my day working with the Lakeside Center landscape effort includes planting trees, shrubs and herbaceous plant material. Additionally, I am expected to identify desirable and undesirable weeds, follow architectural landscape blueprints, and assist in the assembly of irrigation systems.

I work from Monday through Friday, from 8 am - 4 pm. – more... The landscape architects for whom I work are kind, courteous and eager to pass on knowledge they feel will facilitate a pedagogical environment. As all of the work is done in the southeastern area of Prospect Park, I am able to ride my bike to and from- which compounds upon the active lifestyle necessary to perform work such as this.

With about a week to go until planting, and thus, the job, ends- I could not be more satisfied. – less
Grill Cook/ Porter Review
Porter (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NyJune 8, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: cook it yourself lol
This job is the best job on the planet. Located right in the middle of Prospect Park. I learned everything I needed to know about having a real job here. management is fair and so is the pay. dco-workers become best friends. the hardest part of the day is going home after your shift. everything is so enjoyable.