Prospera Hospitality Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAAugust 27, 2017
Prospera took over our hotel and had NO IDEA what they were doing!! Couldnt answer any basic questions! I would never recommend anyone to work for them ever!!!
Cons
Managing day to day operations with total yearly sales of $16 million dollars for a 262 room hotel with 48,000 sq. ft. of meeting space and 150 hotel
Task Force General Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2015
Great hotel team with superb work ethic and great team work everywhere. The company provides a great environment at Prospera and allows the team to use their entrepreneurial spirit.
Pros
Great hotel with history and excellent associates
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 24, 2014
Worked for Prospera for over 5 years. They are a very fair company. They allow managers to manage with their own style. As long as the numbers are good they are going to take care of you and let you do your job--but if you are not making the goals they will be on you like a hot potato. Even when things are down they ask how they can help rather than tell you what is wrong with you.

Pay tends to be better than most and benefits are almost up to average. They do give raises, their bonuses are real and earned regularly.

It is not a huge company but if you are willing to move around and show the ability and desire to grow they certainly will consider you first. They do like to promote from within when they can.

While the hotel business in general is not 9-5 and there are often times a 60 hour work week is par for the course, there has never been a time where I missed an important school event because of my job and they do understand people and kids get sick. If you don't take advantage of the company they will give you every opportunity to keep your work and life in balance.
Pros
good pay, nice people, understanding management
Cons
expensive health insurance, Memorial Day is not a holiday
Productive task oriented workplace
Assistant Foreman (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 3, 2014
A typical day would include removing entire contents of room and replacing it with new material to facilitate re-branding. I gained valuable leadership skills with this position. I managed a team of ten people to complete this project on time and on budget.
Great staff and ever changing environment
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJanuary 31, 2014
I worked with a team to create rooms, catering and restaurant sales for the hotel. My focus was soliciting and contracting with clients on a daily basis to achieve budgeted goals for the hotel. I worked with an energetic team of employees to insure that each guest had a positive hotel experience to generate repeat and referral business. I serviced the internal and external guest to insure a healthy and happy work environment.
Pros
Travel benefits, employee meals
Cons
Some weekend and Holiday work required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prospera Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.