Prosperity Bank

Prosperity Bank Employer Reviews

good place
Teller (Former Employee), Hallettsville, TXJuly 7, 2014
had good experience with managements and co-workers were a good friendly close group..small town so we didnt have many customers throughout the day and it got a little boring at times.
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 30, 2014
It was a fun and fast paced environment to work in.
Training was lacking and organization could have been better.
Excellent place if you are self motivated;ranks extremely high on job security
banking officer and operations supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: co-workers/customers ongoing relationships;my 1st mentor
Cons: when i began i learned flying blind;now developing training courses
Opening and/or closing officer with typical day to day bank operations...e.i posting transactions,customer interaction including problem solving,balanced ATM/vault,audits.Early on I learn to make decisions and own up to mistakes. I was fortunate enough to work in the branch where upper mgmt. off iced along with top producing lenders. Some days were – more... extremely stressful,but I discovered what I had in me...the ability to roll w/the flow,prioritize and do whatever it took to get the job done. Mgmt. was accessible,,,no divas(ons) there. I also learned how to coach/develop staff based on personality types and ability. I learned to' see' them. We had open communication. No one is above the law.Because I tend to have a high work ethic, the hardest part of my job was balancing job/life. Excellence is my mantra and sometimes family suffered because of the early morning /late evening hrs. Overall,I enjoyed my time there...the employees throughout banking system,some coworkers,new challenges learned that made me more valuable,but also rising through the humbling experiences. I was free to be me in all my glory and shame. But we all learned to co-exist as a family. After almost 30 years in my 'promise' land(which has been a blessing) I now challenge myself at my age to pursue other potential in me. It is NEVER too late to realize something about you . – less
good job
Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare.
i cash handling computer skills bank law.
none.
they were so nice.
none.
getting my pay check.
fun
Loan (Former Employee), College StationApril 19, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
I would rather not comment on this question,however I think they are a very strong bank.
Productive and fast-paced working environment
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 10, 2014
Having worked at Prosperity Bank I have developed expertise in the following fields:
- Due to the high dollar accounts held with Prosperity, I have further improved my knowledge and skill of working in a fast-paced environment. Being in charge of efficiently counting large amounts of currency,making sure all customers needs / expectations are met and – more... completed in an ideal amount of time were major tasks.
- Daily face to face / telephone customer interaction increased my customer service skills.
- Being up to date on computer knowledge due to having worked on numerous banking projects.
- Improved additional team performance.

The most difficult part of this position was being pressed for time and having to meet the nail biting dead lines. Although the tasks were difficult at times, with team work and dedication all responsibilities were accurately accomplished on time.

The most enjoyable part of this position was making unforgettable relationships with both co-workers and customers.

Overall, my experience with working at Prosperity Bank was highly beneficial and unforgettable. I attained an abundance of new knowledge and skills in which I hope to use to further not only myself but also the company that i aspire to work for. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
learned a lot about banking while working at here. great people to work with.
It's a very busy and fast growing bank.
Teller (Current Employee), Austin TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: good work environment and good coworkers.
Cons: prosperity bank does not pay enough to live off.
My typical day at Prosperity Bank is very busy. I don't stop working usually from the time I get there to the time I leave. I have good coworkers and a good manger. I have learned how to work in a fast paced financial institution and to work under stress. The hardest part of my job I would say is being overwhelmed at times but even that's not too difficult. – more... The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to work with people I like and being able to get to know our customers so when they come in I can know their name and know things about them. I have a good manager. He is down to earth and keeps me on my toes. – less
Prosperity Bank was a good steping stone.
Personal Banker (Former Employee), St. Augustine, FLMarch 29, 2014
Pros: the 401k match rate.i know this is silly but they gave us a turkey on thanksgiving, a ham on christmas.
Cons: the pay rate. the company did not give out raises. a lot of us just worked out of loyalty.
A typical day would be getting settled at my desk. Setting my phone up for the day and checking messages. Checking the Outlook calender and day planner for appointments and work meetings. I would then check in with my manager see if they needed anything extra for me to do. We would then have a branch start of the day meeting to make sure everyone was – more... on track. The tellers are very important to my job and how I execute it. I would then start my day. Open accounts IE checking, savings,IRA and CD's. I would also cross sell while doing so. With business I had many opportunities to sell Paychex, First Data (merchant services) ACH from their own business. They would be able to do their own wires. I would also be able to profile and see if anyone needed loans etc. I am one to follow up. I would do a 2x2x2. A thank you card, a two week follow up and a two month follow up. I want to keep my customers and keep them happy. That could tie into the hardest and the most enjoyable part of my job. I adore customer service and actually relating to my customers. Keeping them happy is Hard but Very satisfying. I had great co-workers at Prosperity. It really was a Hometown bank. Like I said it was a great stepping stone and I am ready to be able to grow. Management changed a bit while I was there. I learned a lot while I was there. I took my AIB certification for Personal Banker and I paid for it myself and took it on my own time. I learned to work with so many different personalities which is very good. Not everyone is alike and not everyone can get along. You just take the best from everyone and make a good team. – less
Lack of training
Relationship Banker/Teller (Former Employee), Dallas TxFebruary 12, 2014
Open accounts, cross selling products ,in bound ,out bound calls, teller and open to close .
Enjoyable work environment
Lending Assistant: To Banking Center President (Current Employee), Magnolia, TXJanuary 14, 2014
- I am constantly busy at work. (Which I enjoy very much). I receive multiple emails a day, that are usually customers, back office, attorneys, title company or other employees requesting information, need help or simply update on a loan status.
- I learn new things everyday, because every loan request is different. It might have different requirements, – more... demands, or needs.
- I absolutely love my co-workers they are my second family and our banking center works well together.
- The hardest part about my job is when I deny a loan request to a needed customer.
- I enjoy my job very much. – less
Flexible Company with Advancement Opportunities
Float Teller & New Accounts (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Began as small local bank, but overtime has merged with tons of other state banks and continues to grow tremendously. Workplace environment is very friendly and my work schedule is nicely situated around my school schedule.
No room for advancement
Lead Teller (Current Employee), Magnolia, TXNovember 11, 2013
Pros: close to home, love the customers.
Cons: do not wish to disclose since at this time i still work there.
The one thing it has going for it. The branch I work at is in my home town. I love the customers.
Operations Manager
SVP, Retail Market Manager & Operations Director (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2013
I was an operations manager over 17 offices. I loved it, and my position was deleted. I wrote policies & procedures and did compliance audits.
Discriminate against older workers.
job seeker (Former Employee), oklahomaOctober 26, 2013
This bank is not a good bank to be involved with. They discriminate against older workers and unfairly treat them.
Great family-oriented bank!
OFFICE INTERN (Former Employee), St. Augustine, FLOctober 12, 2013
Wonderful employees and a nice place! Soon to merge with Ameris bank
Productive company
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXOctober 7, 2013
A typical day at Prosperity was interacting with customers and their accounts on a daily basis.
At Prosperity, I learned how to stay professional in intense situations that may occur. My hardest part of the job was trying to get along with rude customers/coworkers.
Part-Time Teller (Current Employee), Odessa, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Take in small business deposits, make cashiers checks, money orders, and cash checks. I learned the importance of cash detail with any transaction and to be more organized. The management was very understanding and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was that all employees got along and worked together for a certain goal.
Learning experience
Teller (Former Employee), Odessa TXSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: pay could be more
Always something to learn, and the staff are always wonderful.
productive and great environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2013
Working as a teller and learned many new skills throughout the time I was there. I had many opportunities to learn new parts of the job, and took many training classes to advance up. I loved being a teller and always enjoyed the part of being able to cross train and interact with all the customers. We had many sales goals to meet and take part of.

1 2 3

About Prosperity Bank

Prosperity Bancshares reaches banking customers across the Lone Star State. The holding company for Prosperity Bank operates 213┬ábranches – Read more

Prosperity Bank Photos