Prosperity Bank Employee Reviews

Good workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Is a good workplace for someone looking for similar positions. Decent pay and friendly atmosphere. Management is very friendly and willing to help out.
Terrible place to work
Banker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2016
Bad place to work Upper management treats employees like trash. If you try to complain you will have a lot more problems. if you try to move up and grow you are penalized for already working with the company and will get a fraction of what someone outside the company will get offered. Managers have favorites and if you do not get in good with them you will have a very hard time.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Pay, Management, Benefits and treatment
No structure
Deposit Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 12, 2016
At the beginning of the job they were strict on how things should be but now it's seems like anyone can get away with anything. Love the flexibility in the position. Co workers are amazing make for long time friends.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay, management & raises
Professional atmosphere, challenging
Teller, New Accounts, Item Processing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at work included a tremendous amount of interaction with customers as well as co-workers. Using every effort to help with the customers banking needs and guiding them with financial advice that suited them best. My co-workers made the day enjoyable and taught me a lot about team work. I learned a lot about customer service as well as the nature of the banking business. The hardest part of the job was to resolve issues for customers that were very upset. The best part of the job was the outcome in successfully resolving their issue, easing the customers concern and keeping them a valued customer.
Pros
Job security, benefits, paid vacation
Cons
Working weekends
Not the worst place to work but not great
Teller (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 12, 2016
The job atmosphere is relaxed with not much pressure on sales. The salary is a joke considering the workload, which continues to rise while the salary remains constant at close to minimum wage. The company doesn't upgrade its equipment unless it fails and they are a few years behind other banks technologically (internet banking, cards, etc.).
Pros
Work environment, no sales pressure
Cons
Low compensation, obsolete equipment and services
Good job
Customer Service/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXOctober 5, 2016
Prosperity Bank was a good working environment. Really laid back bank. Always have to be careful on counting and what you are counting. Fake bills always appear
fun fast paced environment
Banker/Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 4, 2016
Working at a bank you get to understand what good customer service is. You work in a fast pace and its fun. You see the same people on a daily basis and get repeat customers.
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
have to be 18
Short time yet enjoyed.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 8, 2016
Only left due to low hourly pay. Great atmosphere. Supportive managers. Awesome team mates. Enjoyed the customer service and hands on learning. Would love to work in setting again.
Enjoyable environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work, very easy to understand, & the best hours! Love how the customers and co workers are so nice & easy to get along with. Nothing to not enjoy.
Productive, Fun workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Katy, TX 77494July 29, 2016
Our days go by quickly, typically you just go in at your designated time and make sure that your teller station is ready so that you are prepared for when a customer arrives. Typically there is always training or policy's that you can look over while you wait for a customer. The most enjoyable part of my job here is forming relationships with my customers'. i enjoy getting to know people and most of helping them with needs that are very important and personal.
Pros
building relationships
Cons
short lunches
Great energetic and happy place!
Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79762July 11, 2016
Everyone was always happy and energetic, great team work support and training! Always got a thank you for extra hard work. Would have stay had a full time position been available to the time!
Productive, Positive, Organized, Analytical, Out-going
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2016
Delegate any needed work to be done by tellers for the day. Complete daily reports and various task or projects assigned by management. In addition to working with different levels of management, I have learned to supervise in the absence of management and work independently. My co-workers are team players and are flexible majority of the time. The hardest part of my job would be upholding policy and explaining this to clients when we cannot accommodate some of their request. The greatest part of my job is finding resolutions to make the bank and client happy.
Pros
Mgmt is lenient with schedule, small community bank to gain lots of experience
Cons
small community bank with very little opporunity
fun work place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Balch Springs, TXMay 31, 2016
I really learned a lot of things that taught me how to balance my life and finances. This position was rewarding on a daily basis. I really loved the customer service part of my job the most.
Pros
the Health benifits
Cons
Vacation packages, retirement plans
As good as any other company
NEW ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 13, 2016
The company itself it just as good as any other. Their focus is money. It is not actually possible to grade this correctly, because each branch its individual.
Pros
Cons
You will not advance quickly
Wonderful work envirement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 21, 2016
Opening the bank, greet customers, handling large amounts of cash.
Always busy, cashing checks, bank deposits, transfers, money wires, etc.
This company downsized and I was let go. It was the best place to work, I loved it so much.
I am a reliable hard working individual who loves people, and always do the best on any task given to me.
Very good place to work
Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX 78130February 16, 2016
First Victoria's main focus was Customer Service. We had customer appreciation day once a month We would pick a theme for example a silly hat day and we would all wear silly hats and the customer wearing the most unique, ugly, silly hat would win a prize.. We had hot dog day where we had hot dogs and all the trimmings for our customers.
Co-workers enjoyed the interaction with customers during customer appreciation days. Not only was it fun for customers but for employees as well.
The hardest part of the job was evaluation of the employees and reprimanding them.
Pros
Happy customers
Cons
Money spent on food and prizes for customers
Productive, good learning experience
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Portland, TXJanuary 2, 2016
I don't think there is a typical day at work. Our job consists of customers. It is a nice place to work. We all get along great. I have always taken the initiative to ask for more, what needs to be done, to learn all there is to learn. I don't believe there is such a job where you go and do the same thing day in and day out. There is always something to be learned.
Good company
NEW ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXDecember 28, 2015
It is a financial institution and as such a tipical day can be very easy enjoyable to the most horrible day. Having to deal with both, happy and unhappy customers really tests your communication and analytical skills.
I enjoyed working for Prosperity Bank, but, dislike some of my peers, perhaps it was my inability to cope with their lack of respect or experience. Honestly, there was not a day that I did not learn anything from everyone.
I think the most difficult part of the job was to stand firm on Federal guidelines which made you as pro-corporate rather than pro-customer. Nevertheless, everyday was enjoyable, dealing with people is always amazing,
Pros
investments opportunities
Cons
healthcare
Great workplace with great people!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TXNovember 12, 2015
Prosperity Bank is a great place to work. Friendly coworkers, friendly customers, and great work experience all add to the appeal of this business.
Productive and busy. there's always something to do.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Rockport, TXNovember 9, 2015
a typical day at work is fast paced and never lacking in excitement, from helping new customers to helping customers we see everyday. working at Prosperity has given me the opportunity to learn how to do CTR's, and work on Insurance invoices for loans. My co-workers lack work ethic and it does become frustrating to work with them. The hardest part of my job is wanting to advance and learn more and not having the opportunity to do so. I love what i do, and being able to help the people i see every day. Providing the customer service that they want, and treating them how i would like to be treated.
Pros
The experience that i have picked up
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, and lack of discipline.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prosperity Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Prosperity Bank Reviews by Location