Prosperity Bank Employee Reviews

Just a place to earn a paycheck
Lending Assistant (Current Employee), TexasAugust 3, 2015
Pros: barely any sales pressure
Cons: low compensation, not a lot of opportunity for advancement, cheap upper management, incentive is a joke
If you're lucky, you'll get a good group of co workers. Pay is sub-par. There are other banks that pay better but usually those are the ones who pressure hardcore for sales. Let's put it this way, at one point, I had 3 job titles for the price of what banks pay beginner tellers.You get a small Christmas bonus if you're lucky and that's at management discretion. Three weeks max PTO, doesn't matter how long you've been with the company. This company doesn't even want to pay for tissues for the employees or customers. I considered my branch blessed to have a Keurig. Training is done through webinars. This company likes to roll out products and programs that do not have all the kinks worked out of them ultimately affecting branch progress. The positive side is that they don't pressure you much on the sales side of banking.
Fun work place
Teller (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: A great work inviroment.
Cons: No room for me to move up.
I loved working at Prosperity,they genuinely cared about me. The few problems that I had there were it was only a part time position and rather than putting me in a full time position the kept hiring more part time workers.
Family Oriented
Part time Teller (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJuly 23, 2015
Prosperity Bank is a place where you can feel like you are at home with your co-workers. The manager that i had was wonderful.
Fun and team work enviroment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Winnsboro, TXJuly 22, 2015
I absolutely loved working with the women at Prosperity Bank. Our typical day at work revolved around helping each other out. I learned how to work as a team to get certain things done, how to multitask, and also how to effectively deal with angry or upset clients. Our management and co-workers were outstanding. Everyone had a really good time getting along. The hardest part of the job would have to be dressing up fancy every day. I am more of a simple woman. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely my co-workers and the entertainment we had between all of us.
Professional Customer Service Orientated
Teller/CSR (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Christmas Bonus, Work Schedules, Plenty of locations to choose from
Cons: Healthcare, Pays low, Old Systems
When working for Prosperity Bank I worked multiple locations had the opportunity to work with different managers. Since Prosperity Bank is a growing bank and buys out smaller banks management is different and not all policies and procedures are handled the same. It is a very easy system if you are Teller. New Account Reps will be faced with complex systems just to open accounts. Prosperity Bank you have to answer phone calls for there is no call center. Luckily there is a support center who are always available to answer any questions on most banking subjects which this support center is for associates only. Cash balancing for tellers is fairly simple you do work with an old printer that records/prints every transaction on a roll of tape which at the end of the day you have to roll the tape up (neatly) and put it with your end of day work. They do offer Christmas Bonus which is pretty nice they don't directly tell you until they are about to direct deposit it into your account usually on X-Mas Eve. Very diverse staff, very friendly working environment, scheduling is awesome latest you can work is 6pm so if you are a student the hours are flexible and most managers will work around your school schedule. When faced with challenges managers are good about stepping up and supporting employees in a difficult situation. Overall good company pay is NOT Competitive they don't pay much teller average with all raises will max at $12 hourly. New Account Reps about $12-$16 depending on experience.
Stable Job that had good Benefits
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Bastrop, TXJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Stable Job
Cons: No Advancement and Stagnant Work
Really good job with excellent coworkers and benefits. I also met some great people there who I was proud to serve on a daily basis. I was just ready for a fresh start somewhere else.
Fun work environment with great people
Transaction Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TexasJune 27, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of handling all incoming and outgoing currency transactions and keeping the customer happy. I was a teller when I worked in the banking industry and it was quite enlightening.
Very productive work place.
Energy Lending Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, okJune 24, 2015
Very quite work environment there was never a reason your work wouldn't get finished. The best part of the job were the customers. They were so loyal
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Red Oak, TXJune 16, 2015
I learned a lot of new things working at Prosperity Bank. Everyday was something different besides cashing checks, deposit and money orders. You meet new people and get to know them and meet there needs for a bank. Co workers were excellent people. Always helped when they can if you needed them.
Terrible Pay
Deposit Administration Clerk (Current Employee), LubbockMay 30, 2015
Pros: Great boss - flexible with your hours if you work hard.
Cons: Salary is so terrible.
For the type of job and how detail oriented you must be the pay is awful. Co-workers are great, the customers are actually the bankers. You never see actual customers but you will converse with bankers via email and phone daily.
Be Ready to Live at Prosperity
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Hempstead, TXMay 13, 2015
Long hours for part time workers with no benefits. Small town people expect special treatment. Small town bankers give special treatment. Newbies do not know who gets special treatment and get very confused because isn't special treatment against the rules?
Productive, great learning experience
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2015
Pros: Easy going customers
Cons: management
As my first job in the field of banking, I loved everything about being a teller. Made awesome relationships with my co-workers and had the best customers. The work was not hard at all, I was in charge of all the basic teller duties such as filling out the mail log, checking for faxes, greeting customers, promoting new accounts for non customers, processing auto drafts for certain businesses. Although, management could have been a little different, often felt belittled and very stressed. Would have loved to work at a different branch.
Very Friendly Environment
Part-time Teller (Former Employee), Granbury, TexasApril 27, 2015
I have worked at multiple locations for this bank and at every one of them, they have always provided a pleasing work environment that I did not dread going to. The most difficult part is always the customer service, but once that is a skill, then the rest is easy.
Business Casual, call-center environment.
eBanking Specialist (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Relaxed work environment, not sales dependent, sit at desk all day.
Cons: customer service, sit at desk all day
Working here improved my experience in an office like setting. It was a lot of customer service with the occasional sale every few calls. Management was great, they stayed grounded while transitioning through a merger with another financial institution. They put family first and like to interact with the community.
Friendly working environment that cares for its customers
Customer Service Representative- I (Former Employee), Cypress, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches on occasion, great customers, friendly co-workers
Cons: lots of paper work, calming down angry customers
I normally got to work around 8:00 am or 8:30 am and first thing I start my computer answer emails and calls until 11:00 am when I take my lunch for an hour till 12:00 pm I was responsible for greeting every customer that entered the bank, I took care of all customer service needs with debit cards account inquiries and all customer needs, I started as a closing teller and after four months was offered a higher position as a CSR (customer service rep.) as a teller I handled money and combinations to the bank vaults and my teller drawer key that I had to have every day, the hardest part about my job was making sure all the paper was done and signed correctly because each type of account had different ways they need to be done, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to take care of my customers and knowing I was able to help them.
A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
TELLER (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: health care
I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO REVIEW ABOUT THIS COMPANY AT THIS TIME, I HAVE WORK FOR THIS COMPANY FOR 8 YEARS, YOU WORK M - F THERE WAS NOTHING HARD ABOUT MY JOB
Get every hoilday off
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short lunch break
Go in get your work station together count your money and get the day started we take two breaks though out the day and a 30 min lunch break.
not the best place to work
teller (Former Employee), Angleton, txJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: low pay
I worked here for one month. I honestly wasn't comfortable but I planned on sticking it out and staying there anyways. All the employees did was talking about each other and make unnecessary comments about the customers after they walked off. It was a very unprofessional bank. I almost completed the training but right before I did they fired me on the same day they started another girl. They told me I wasn't progressing fast enough which didn't make any sense since I was doing just fine in the training. I know they fired me over something personal. This bank is known for not being able to keep their employees. I would not recommend this place for anyone to work. Plus they pay very low for such a high paced environment.
Poor Job Security and training is terrible
CSR-Call Center (Former Employee), Lubbock TexasDecember 28, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, no weekends
Cons: low pay, lack of training, snitches
I worked there for about 6 months. I was ready and trained to go about at week 3 to be sent to work on my own, but they decided I needed more training so they stuck me with this tough training employee. She ended up being a snitch and telling the boss everything I was doing wrong and ended up getting me fired. I loved the job it was just terrible the way things went down. I learned that if you work at a job be aware of people who can get you fired because unfortunately there are people who will rate you out.
Productive and a wonderful job
Teller (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 8, 2014
Start the day with the opening morning guidelines of opening branch walk in and make sure everything is ok to put the all clear sign up and ;et the other employee to enter the building. start up my network and integrated teller system. open main vault and process night drop deposit n dual control attend to customer in the drive thru as they come open bank doors a 9am and work both drive thru and walk in customers complete bank reports and make sure all of the negotiable sales are up to date in the log