Prosperity Bank Employee Reviews

Enjoyable environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 23, 2016
Great place to work, very easy to understand, & the best hours! Love how the customers and co workers are so nice & easy to get along with. Nothing to not enjoy.
Productive and busy. there's always something to do.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Rockport, TXNovember 9, 2015
a typical day at work is fast paced and never lacking in excitement, from helping new customers to helping customers we see everyday. working at Prosperity has given me the opportunity to learn how to do CTR's, and work on Insurance invoices for loans. My co-workers lack work ethic and it does become frustrating to work with them. The hardest part of my job is wanting to advance and learn more and not having the opportunity to do so. I love what i do, and being able to help the people i see every day. Providing the customer service that they want, and treating them how i would like to be treated.
Pros
The experience that i have picked up
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, and lack of discipline.
Good job to begin with, friendly staff, plenty to learn.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 20, 2012
I've learned plenty in my eight months of service, such as processing transactions, cross-training, bank policies and customer service. There is so much than just counting money out to a customer. Management worked well, although it could have been a tad but better. My co-workers were as friendly as can be. The most enjoyable part of being a teller was the feeling of being worthy and helping a customer with questions. The hardest part was not having benefits for health insurance, sick pay, and paid vacation, plus my hours were getting cut.
Pros
participation in local events
Cons
short break, health benefits
Great energetic and happy place!
Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79762July 11, 2016
Everyone was always happy and energetic, great team work support and training! Always got a thank you for extra hard work. Would have stay had a full time position been available to the time!
Professional Customer Service Orientated
Teller/CSR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
When working for Prosperity Bank I worked multiple locations had the opportunity to work with different managers. Since Prosperity Bank is a growing bank and buys out smaller banks management is different and not all policies and procedures are handled the same. It is a very easy system if you are Teller. New Account Reps will be faced with complex systems just to open accounts. Prosperity Bank you have to answer phone calls for there is no call center. Luckily there is a support center who are always available to answer any questions on most banking subjects which this support center is for associates only. Cash balancing for tellers is fairly simple you do work with an old printer that records/prints every transaction on a roll of tape which at the end of the day you have to roll the tape up (neatly) and put it with your end of day work. They do offer Christmas Bonus which is pretty nice they don't directly tell you until they are about to direct deposit it into your account usually on X-Mas Eve. Very diverse staff, very friendly working environment, scheduling is awesome latest you can work is 6pm so if you are a student the hours are flexible and most managers will work around your school schedule. When faced with challenges managers are good about stepping up and supporting employees in a difficult situation. Overall good company pay is NOT Competitive they don't pay much teller average with all raises will max at $12 hourly. New Account Reps about $12-$16 depending on experience.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, Work Schedules, Plenty of locations to choose from
Cons
Healthcare, Pays low, Old Systems
Very good place to work
Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX 78130February 16, 2016
First Victoria's main focus was Customer Service. We had customer appreciation day once a month We would pick a theme for example a silly hat day and we would all wear silly hats and the customer wearing the most unique, ugly, silly hat would win a prize.. We had hot dog day where we had hot dogs and all the trimmings for our customers.
Co-workers enjoyed the interaction with customers during customer appreciation days. Not only was it fun for customers but for employees as well.
The hardest part of the job was evaluation of the employees and reprimanding them.
Pros
Happy customers
Cons
Money spent on food and prizes for customers
Stable Job that had good Benefits
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJuly 15, 2015
Really good job with excellent coworkers and benefits. I also met some great people there who I was proud to serve on a daily basis. I was just ready for a fresh start somewhere else.
Pros
Stable Job
Cons
No Advancement and Stagnant Work
not enough fun but good learning place about Banking
Teller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2013
I have been working just couple of months ....its kind of slow Bank. Customers are friendly...not have enough transaction...Management are so far ok..Co-workers are not Co-Worker. I am learning pretty much myself and online training...The job is not that hard actually..The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with Customer..they are really friendly.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Not enough salary but work more then the position require
Fun and team work enviroment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, TXJuly 22, 2015
I absolutely loved working with the women at Prosperity Bank. Our typical day at work revolved around helping each other out. I learned how to work as a team to get certain things done, how to multitask, and also how to effectively deal with angry or upset clients. Our management and co-workers were outstanding. Everyone had a really good time getting along. The hardest part of the job would have to be dressing up fancy every day. I am more of a simple woman. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely my co-workers and the entertainment we had between all of us.
As good as any other company
NEW ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXMay 13, 2016
The company itself it just as good as any other. Their focus is money. It is not actually possible to grade this correctly, because each branch its individual.
Pros
Cons
You will not advance quickly
Terrible Pay
Deposit Administration Clerk (Current Employee) –  LubbockMay 30, 2015
For the type of job and how detail oriented you must be the pay is awful. Co-workers are great, the customers are actually the bankers. You never see actual customers but you will converse with bankers via email and phone daily.
Pros
Great boss - flexible with your hours if you work hard.
Cons
Salary is so terrible.
Wonderful work envirement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 21, 2016
Opening the bank, greet customers, handling large amounts of cash.
Always busy, cashing checks, bank deposits, transfers, money wires, etc.
This company downsized and I was let go. It was the best place to work, I loved it so much.
I am a reliable hard working individual who loves people, and always do the best on any task given to me.
Be Ready to Live at Prosperity
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, TXMay 13, 2015
Long hours for part time workers with no benefits. Small town people expect special treatment. Small town bankers give special treatment. Newbies do not know who gets special treatment and get very confused because isn't special treatment against the rules?
Where it all went wrong
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2012
The pay was less than mediocre, and I believe they didn't payout all my vacation time I had when I quit. Oh and if you like spending time with your family during holidays work elsewhere. No vacations in December or January (Company Policy). The health-care is horrible, they are so concerned with the bottom line they could care less. (wouldn't buy a new fax machine if it broke, just dig one out of storage from '82) Their 401(k) plan is amazing, it's just too bad no one makes enough to be able to pay into it.

I started working with prosperity as an overqualified teller (get your foot in somewhere). I was stuck as a teller the entire 1.5 years of employment. Even though I expressed I had a goal of getting into the lending industry, management decided they got to decide my career development and restricted me to retail banking. No other options. When opportunities did arise they usually hired outside the bank to get someone with more experience (or that kid that knows this guy on the board). What do they think about what they give their own employess?

I believe banking is a great industry and being a teller is a great way to start. There are too many banks to work for that give you more opportunities in and outside the bank.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
healthcare, vacation time, questionable payroll policies
Good company
NEW ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXDecember 28, 2015
It is a financial institution and as such a tipical day can be very easy enjoyable to the most horrible day. Having to deal with both, happy and unhappy customers really tests your communication and analytical skills.
I enjoyed working for Prosperity Bank, but, dislike some of my peers, perhaps it was my inability to cope with their lack of respect or experience. Honestly, there was not a day that I did not learn anything from everyone.
I think the most difficult part of the job was to stand firm on Federal guidelines which made you as pro-corporate rather than pro-customer. Nevertheless, everyday was enjoyable, dealing with people is always amazing,
Pros
investments opportunities
Cons
healthcare
not the best place to work
teller (Former Employee) –  Angleton, txJanuary 14, 2015
I worked here for one month. I honestly wasn't comfortable but I planned on sticking it out and staying there anyways. All the employees did was talking about each other and make unnecessary comments about the customers after they walked off. It was a very unprofessional bank. I almost completed the training but right before I did they fired me on the same day they started another girl. They told me I wasn't progressing fast enough which didn't make any sense since I was doing just fine in the training. I know they fired me over something personal. This bank is known for not being able to keep their employees. I would not recommend this place for anyone to work. Plus they pay very low for such a high paced environment.
Pros
Cons
low pay
Big bank reputation and assets with a friendly, hometown bank attitude
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 24, 2013
A day at work includes making different transactions, most of which involve cash. We make regular contact with customers involving their accounts or just to thank them for their business. There is no automated phone service if they call the bank, so as a teller, one will also answer the phone and answer any questions. Management was involved, but not so much, so one could feel independent. Co-workers are generally friendly and personable, so work can be fun. The most difficult part for me was trying to cross-sell, such as CD's or loans. The most enjoyable part was helping customers and talking them through their problems.
Pros
Flexible lunch schedule, paid vacation (full-time), freedom to work productively
Cons
Long series of training modules annually, cross-selling quotas
Productive, great learning experience
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2015
As my first job in the field of banking, I loved everything about being a teller. Made awesome relationships with my co-workers and had the best customers. The work was not hard at all, I was in charge of all the basic teller duties such as filling out the mail log, checking for faxes, greeting customers, promoting new accounts for non customers, processing auto drafts for certain businesses. Although, management could have been a little different, often felt belittled and very stressed. Would have loved to work at a different branch.
Pros
Easy going customers
Cons
management
Fun work place and great learning experience.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXJuly 30, 2012
I loved working here, I started off Part-time and worked my way up to lead teller. The only complaint I have, and also the reason I left was because in 3 years I got a total of 35 cents as a raise. I had to better myself so I decided to leave.
Pros
great employees
Cons
little raises
Family Environment
Loan Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 12, 2013
The company gave me the opportunity to grow. I started with them out of high school. Little did I know I would want banking to be my career. Upper management is more like mentors than managers. They expect excellence and efficiency.
Pros
All schooling paid for.
Cons
Understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prosperity Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Prosperity Bank Reviews by Location