Prosperity Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, great learning experience
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2015
As my first job in the field of banking, I loved everything about being a teller. Made awesome relationships with my co-workers and had the best customers. The work was not hard at all, I was in charge of all the basic teller duties such as filling out the mail log, checking for faxes, greeting customers, promoting new accounts for non customers, processing auto drafts for certain businesses. Although, management could have been a little different, often felt belittled and very stressed. Would have loved to work at a different branch.
Pros
Easy going customers
Cons
management
Very Friendly Environment
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TexasApril 27, 2015
I have worked at multiple locations for this bank and at every one of them, they have always provided a pleasing work environment that I did not dread going to. The most difficult part is always the customer service, but once that is a skill, then the rest is easy.
Business Casual, call-center environment.
eBanking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 14, 2015
Working here improved my experience in an office like setting. It was a lot of customer service with the occasional sale every few calls. Management was great, they stayed grounded while transitioning through a merger with another financial institution. They put family first and like to interact with the community.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, not sales dependent, sit at desk all day.
Cons
customer service, sit at desk all day
Friendly working environment that cares for its customers
Customer Service Representative- I (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 16, 2015
I normally got to work around 8:00 am or 8:30 am and first thing I start my computer answer emails and calls until 11:00 am when I take my lunch for an hour till 12:00 pm I was responsible for greeting every customer that entered the bank, I took care of all customer service needs with debit cards account inquiries and all customer needs, I started as a closing teller and after four months was offered a higher position as a CSR (customer service rep.) as a teller I handled money and combinations to the bank vaults and my teller drawer key that I had to have every day, the hardest part about my job was making sure all the paper was done and signed correctly because each type of account had different ways they need to be done, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to take care of my customers and knowing I was able to help them.
Pros
free lunches on occasion, great customers, friendly co-workers
Cons
lots of paper work, calming down angry customers
A good place to work
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2015
I don't have anything to review about this company at this time, I have work for this company for 8 years, you work m - f there was nothing hard about my job
Pros
n/a
Cons
health care
Get every hoilday off
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Go in get your work station together count your money and get the day started we take two breaks though out the day and a 30 min lunch break.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short lunch break
not the best place to work
teller (Former Employee) –  Angleton, txJanuary 14, 2015
I worked here for one month. I honestly wasn't comfortable but I planned on sticking it out and staying there anyways. All the employees did was talking about each other and make unnecessary comments about the customers after they walked off. It was a very unprofessional bank. I almost completed the training but right before I did they fired me on the same day they started another girl. They told me I wasn't progressing fast enough which didn't make any sense since I was doing just fine in the training. I know they fired me over something personal. This bank is known for not being able to keep their employees. I would not recommend this place for anyone to work. Plus they pay very low for such a high paced environment.
Cons
low pay
Poor Job Security and training is terrible
CSR-Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TexasDecember 28, 2014
I worked there for about 6 months. I was ready and trained to go about at week 3 to be sent to work on my own, but they decided I needed more training so they stuck me with this tough training employee. She ended up being a snitch and telling the boss everything I was doing wrong and ended up getting me fired. I loved the job it was just terrible the way things went down. I learned that if you work at a job be aware of people who can get you fired because unfortunately there are people who will rate you out.
Pros
paid holidays, no weekends
Cons
low pay, lack of training, snitches
Productive and a wonderful job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2014
Start the day with the opening morning guidelines of opening branch walk in and make sure everything is ok to put the all clear sign up and ;et the other employee to enter the building. start up my network and integrated teller system. open main vault and process night drop deposit n dual control attend to customer in the drive thru as they come open bank doors a 9am and work both drive thru and walk in customers complete bank reports and make sure all of the negotiable sales are up to date in the log
Productive workplace
Teller (Current Employee) –  Waller, TexasOctober 29, 2014
Prosperity is a good environment to work in.
We process deposits, withdrawals, and checks on a daily basis.
I enjoy coming to work everyday to see my co-workers. My managers are the best. Therefore, I have never had any issues with this company.
Cons
we are open on saturdays.
Banking Environment
Lending Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, TXOctober 28, 2014
Typical Banking Environment; fair amount of loans processed
Great Company
New Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring, TxOctober 15, 2014
Great small company to work for. I love the job however the benefits are lacking and that is important to me since I am starting a family.
Pros
work life balance
benefits
good place to work
Teller/New Accounts (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxOctober 8, 2014
open new accounts, run a teller drawer. answer the phone and answer emails. wire transfers deposits and withdrawals. management is good and always there when you need them. the co workers, we are a team and we pull in a team effort. the job is great
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 22, 2014
I was responsible for all daily operations of the Bank, including hiring, training, scheduling, all federal compliance
Productive and fun
Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
I get along with everyone I work with but that's beside the point.
I have learned more than I thought I could, I really appreciate the opportunity I was given.
Great place to work.
Full-Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 10, 2014
I enjoy working here, hours are flexible. I've learned many things, like customer service, working in a fast paced manner, etc. Management is great at the location I work at, I would recommend working for this company if you're considering banking.
fun place to work
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 29, 2014
low pay for the area very fast paced environment overall a good job bank to work at great managment
Pros
sundays off
Cons
work saturdays
fun work place
personal banker (Former Employee) –  txJuly 7, 2014
My job would be consisted of running reports and organizing files. While opening account I would also take pictures of our customers for policies and procedures. I am also able to type 50-60 words a minute, great at communicating with customers and coworkers, also fallowed security procedures to keep myself and others safe. I work well under pressure, great interpersonal skills and a team player.
good place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hallettsville, TXJuly 7, 2014
had good experience with managements and co-workers were a good friendly close group..small town so we didnt have many customers throughout the day and it got a little boring at times.
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 30, 2014
It was a fun and fast paced environment to work in.
Training was lacking and organization could have been better.