ProStep Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Was a good place to work
Rehab Tech (Coordinator) (Former Employee) –  Tawas City, MIJuly 28, 2015
Pro Step was brought out by another company.
Over all the staff worked very well together.
Manager was great to work with.
not a good experience at all
therapist (Former Employee) –  mnMay 27, 2015
No respect given when I started there co workers indifferent and rude at times. Management has unrealistic expectations and no clue what they are doing.
Pros
cheap benefits
Cons
working for rude people
Great therapy team
FACILITY REHAB COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MIMay 17, 2015
Would attend daily and weekly meeting set forth by the facility administrator and Regional Director of Rehab. Great therapy staff, we worked closely as a team and would brainstorm if a therapist was having difficulty with a resident's treatment. Hardest part of the job would be disciplining staff.
a satisfying company to work for
SLP (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 3, 2015
I have worked for Prostep rehab for 6 years and they are an excellent company to work for with a good documentation system, benefits, bonus plan, and pay rate
Great management at all levels.
COTA (Current Employee) –  Bainbridge Island, WAFebruary 11, 2015
I have worked with some of the best rehab people imaginable, and given full consideration in all patient care plans of treatment.
Great people to work with and a focus on delivering excellent patient care
Facility Rehabilitation Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayville, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Great to work for a company that is truly dedicated to improving patient's lives.
Friendly Work Place
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Weyauwega, WIAugust 15, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at Prostep. They are a growing company with great therapy staff!
great place to work with helpful staff
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJuly 15, 2014
I loved my job and my co- workers i just wanted to get a job in my community.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
Turn over in staff
My Soul Is Not For Sale
Travel Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gaylord MIDecember 8, 2013
Umpteen years as a contractor and/or a traveler. I've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in a variety of clinical settings. Had the 'interesting" baptism into the inner circle of hell of this company, when in my first few weeks of a travel assignment, the regional director had a clinical meeting where she stated....and I quote..."If things don't change' I don't care, I'll fire you" <generalized to the entire rehab staff>. Yeah. The beatings will continue until morale improves type of mentality. This facility in Northern MI was fined half a Million dollars by the state of MI (early 2013) for failure to provide a safe environment. It's fact. You may verify. Shame on them.
Pros
Cons
Protect your family/friends...Protect your license
great company
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Multi siteAugust 20, 2013
Great company. I was the number one recruiter for two years. My loss of job was due to low censes and my number of open position.
Productive with a family feel.
COTA (Current Employee) –  Edmonds, WAMay 27, 2013
I work with the best OTRs past and present. Our FRC really cares about us as part of her rehab family.
Pros
Free homemade soup at lunch and special events.
Cons
Healthcare benefits / medical
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 4, 2013
The company was average to work for. I didn't recieve a raise even though my performance and productivity were above average. Typical day was providing OT to geriatric and psychiatric patients.
Could be fun as a travel assignment
Retired Therapist (Former Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 21, 2013
Some of these facilities are a disaster, a few are worthy of 5 stars. I work at several of these facilities and at the time, all of them were struggling with staffing issues. Many buildings have a higher than average turn-over rate for therapists and management. Occasionally you may encounter documentation out of compliance due to staffing needs that aren't met. Excellent documentation skills and solid clinical reasoning skills are a must if you encounter management with values that don't match your own. Also, mentorship will only be available if you work with a team of more than 6 therapists. Some of the buildings are asthetically pleasing. Your opinion of the facility is largely going to depend on the facility rehab coordinator. If their values match your own, then you will likely love working for the company. Not all SNFs are created equal. Your hours will be flexible, but most buildings require weekends. They do provide knowledge of use of modalities, which is nice. The continuing education options are mediochre. Tech-savvy skills will help therapists joining the team make the adjustment to completing daily documention. Productivity standards are attainable, but facilities don't have the recources to let all therapists attain productivity due to shortage of computers which is required for evaluations and progress notes. The company uses handheld documentation on an iPod for daily notes. It is very difficult for seasoned therapists to get the hang of using the device and malfunctions lead to great frustration. Often times, there will be a shortage of handhealds as well due  more... to malfunctions and dead batteries. There was one facility that was very well run with a top notch rehab coordinator and she greatly contributed to the development of her team of therapists. This is the one you will love working for. Although it is a rare find, the company does have some high quality facilities. Don't get stuck at one of the duds.  less
Pros
free lunch, friendly staff, generous pto, good benefits
Cons
no raises, no holiday pay, management varies
good place to work
PTA (Current Employee) –  Sequim, WAJanuary 25, 2013
. . Rehab manager very good;people oriented; Good teamwork b etween rehab staff. 8hr work day/flexible within reason. potential to learn new languages and new cultures; After lunch'trying to motivate patients; When the day is complete and I feel that I've truly helped someone get better.
Pros
free soup and sandwiches for lunch
Cons
dealing c difficult family members c unrealistic expectations of pts.
Company was very employee and patient orientated. Great compensation and benefits. It also offered assistance with CEUs.
PTA/Facility Rehab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheboygan, MIJanuary 23, 2013
As a rehab coordinator, my typical day was doing the schedule, attending meetings and discussing d/c plans with family and other employees. As a Physical Therapist Assistant, my day was working with the PT on helping patients with their rehab goals. The hardest part of my job was juggling between being the rehab coordinator and a PTA. I had to quickly learn good time management skills. The best part of my job as a PTA was seeing the progress with the patients. I loved working with the OT's, ST's and the nursing staff, I learned different techniques to help with the patients recovery.
respectful environment
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 30, 2012
i worked for prostep rehab as a certified occupational therapy assistant where i worked closely with the rehab team ( physical and speech therapy) to improve res overall independence and quality of life through skilled services.
Pros
i love working with patients
Cons
long commute to work daily
Do your due diligence--and don't believe they'll actually approve the benefits they promise you
therapist (Former Employee) –  PortlandDecember 13, 2012
In my area, ProStep is not highly considered by the discharge planners at the hospital. Many "rehab" patients tended to have tremendously challenging diagnoses, co-morbidities, and socioeconomic attributes--the worst was their lackluster interest to participate in therapy. There was a lack of equipment and space. Somehow, the maintenance person seemed to have more clout than the therapists (significant arguing with therapy about installing transfer poles-- thought they'd mar the floor or ceiling). NAC's unaware of precautions and failed to follow them. Pt's discharged without being monitored so thousands of dollars worth of therapy equipment waltzed out the door (w/c, reachers, cushions, walkers). Maybe that's why we never had money for equipment. Loved my co-workers--but there was no sense of being appreciated for staying late to get overloaded schedule completed. Only focus was the weekly memos I'd get about my lousy productivity (hard to bill for time spent arguing with pts who don't want to be seen by therapy). Glad to be gone.
Pros
i liked my co-workers, and we bonded well over our mutual frustration.
Cons
poor rehab candidates, bad management, focus on billing not pt care
Complete lack of integrity in management
therapist (Former Employee) –  fairlawn,ohOctober 25, 2012
Manipulation and abuse of Medicare rug system was prevalent. Patients, even one who were inappropriate for rehab ultra high category, were scheduled for high minutes, and then had their minutes cut by rehab manager when they were out of assessment window. Therapy director was good friends with regional therapy director which enabled her to sit in her office and not be accountable. Therapists nicknamed the company "pretend-to-care" Extremely high turnover rate. I worked with more than 6 supervising OT's due to turnover, and many more contract Ot's due to prostep not being able to keep staff.
Pros
ceu reimbursement
Cons
pressure to keep patients in facility longer than needed, medicare abuse by overdelivering therapy minutes, therapy minutes lowered when patients werent in assessment period, 2 managers who never treated patients and created unrealistic schedules, long rehab meetings
A good place to work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2012
I have worked for this company in a couple different locations for them. I found consistency between sites and the therapists passionate about what they do. I started as a new grad fresh out of school and they helped me develop into the skilled therapist that I am today. I was lured away by another company with the promise of big money. What I discovered is money is not everything and I’m going back to ProStep next week.
Pros
acess to equipment, program development, compassion
Cons
salary is not the highest, but its competitive/reasonable
I loved my team
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2012
I left my position due to my husband's transfer to another state. I hated to leave. There was camaraderie amongst the rehab department and our DON was supportive. We had visible management, but they let me do what I do best – treat patients. I’ve had a difficult time finding another company that offers the same positive environment.
Pros
leadership
Cons
salary could have been a little higher

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProStep Rehabilitation. Our community is ready to answer.