Join our team in City of Industry, CA as a Process Engineer. In this role you will develop and implement production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner. Investigates and resolves work-in-process problems. Recommend and implement improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters. Monitors assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards. Duties include:
- Monitors the existing production process; particular attention is placed on products with a history of problems.
- Develops new production process methods based on their application and formulation of production.
- Works on projects to improve rates and set up standard formats for different processes.
- Assists is establishing specific work goals and performance standards in order to reduce reject rate and minimize downtime.
- Answers customer complaints and implements corrective action when necessary to resolve issues.
- Responsible for production trials; spearheading the production trial team at the plant to improve the success rate at the customer.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science or related discipline
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of process engineering experience
- Good understanding of the formulation, material science and equipment involved.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Exposure to Six Sigma and Lean Experience preferred.
- Ability to work in and support an ISO 9000 environment.
- Knowledge in thermoplastics, polymer blends, and polymer compounding preferred
Indeed - 6 months ago