Job Location - Irvine
We are currently seeking a Senior DBA who will take responsibility for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of all the databases company wide in our growing eCommerce company.
Development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, as well as planning for future expansion requirements.
The position will involve new development and maintenance of existing code and the planning, coordination and implementation of security measures to safeguard the company’s database.
We are looking to add to our culturally diverse tech team which is a great representation of the 150 countries we ship to.
We are looking to add a team member who likes to have fun, thrives in a fast paced environment, and wants to help us reach our growth goals for 2014.
Should have good knowledge and understanding of database concepts.
- Administration and management of SQL databases in development, QA and production environments
- Superior troubleshooting skills with the ability to exude calmness and present effective solutions in high-pressure situations.
- Troubleshoot and handle all database related issues through to resolution
- Proactive monitoring of databases both from a performance and capacity management perspective
- Perform database maintenance activities such as backup/recovery and rebuilding/reorganizing indexes.
- Ensure that all database releases are properly assessed and measured from a functionality and performance perspective.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on all database design and development projects
SQL Development and performance tuning of database schema, stored procedures, etc.
- Hands on SQL programing skills with blended C# skills.
- Additional responsibilities will involve system monitoring, metric reporting, and diagnostics (all involve SQL and C# skills)
Knowledge Skill and Abilities:
- Experience handling and managing databases in a real time production environment with sizes around 100+ GB
- Experience with database technologies such as MS SQL Server (2005 onwards)
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking/deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, data replication issues etc.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring/troubleshooting tools
- Experience with database maintenance activities such as backup/recovery & capacity monitoring/management
- Strong knowledge of how indexes work and management of index statistics & fragmentation
- Will setup and manage fail-over clusters, developing and managing SSIS packages, database mirroring, and replications.
- Experience in managing and making software deployments/changes in real time production environments
- Experience collaborating with development teams on physical database design activities and performance tuning
- Familiarity with C# and .NET framework.
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple projects.
- Must have good problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008/2012 Clustering & SQL Server High Availability Clustering/Replication
- A deep specialized domain knowledge and expertise in deployed systems (scalable distributed systems algorithms, storage allocation algorithms, and deep database skills.
- 6+ years of advanced T-SQL development and in-depth knowledge of SQL internals
- 6+ years of experience developing and managing Microsoft SQL databases
- NoSQL database experience highly advantageous
- An MCSE or MCSM highly desired
5-7 years of experience in Database Administration and support of enterprise level environments.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required. SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Experience and Microsoft Certified Database Administrator a plus.