Protect America

Protect America Employer Reviews

exciting and flexible work place!
Retention and Account Management Specialist (Current Employee), austin texaSNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: parking
I enjoy my work days! If you enjoy giving customer resolutions along with sales this is the place for you.
Fun, Productive Environment with video games to play on downtime
Installations Department Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches, talent shows, participating in community events
Cons: long hours
Everyday we helped customer's install their security systems in their homes to help them feel secure in or away from their home. In order to provide excellent customer service, you had to have 100% knowledge of the products we sold. Management was always brainstorming on innovative ways to market and bring in new and maintain current customers. Though – more... we had daily quotas to meet, we maintained to keep the job fun while creating lasting relationships. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with newest systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping customers happy and exceeding daily goals. – less
Great place to succeed
Marketing (Current Employee), Austin, TexasSeptember 8, 2014
fast-paced environment, freedom to make innovations, no micromanagement, fair compensation, amazing coworkers
Fast-pace production
Technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
Great Supervisor, Amazing co-workers with great morale. My area of work made it easy and enjoyable to come to work.
I would not go back due to management
Sales rep (Former Employee), Round Rock ,TXAugust 19, 2014
Cons: 20 min lunches and management
A typical day at work was Inbound calls routed from web inquires. All one call closes. Management there was not the best but the co-workers were amazing. I have remained friends with most of them to this day. The most enjoyable part was the quick sales environment. It was stressful but also such a rush.
Fun atmosphere but HORRIBLE management
Customer Care Representative - L2 (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 31, 2014
While working at Protect America I had 4 different direct supervisors and 3 different area managers - all within 11 months. Before I left they began instituting a sales quota which was not an initial job requirement for customer care.
N/A
Inside Sales Team Lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 4, 2014
I enjoyed having the opportunity to coach, mentor, and motivate team members.
Fun Environment
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TxMay 26, 2014
A typical day is spent talking to customers and assisting them with technical aspects of the equipment. Also, answering questions in regards to services rendered. The environment is fun with games and very rewarding. However the company is downsizing it seems and has a lot of layoffs/changes happening making the stability a little uneasy
an experiance
installation tech (Current Employee), austin, txApril 7, 2014
Pros: games in break room
Cons: short breaks, no lunch
Very decent place to work. i learned a lot of patience with people working here. Hardest part of my job is probably the long hours with no lunch. i have no problem with the work. Good people make the time pass by. My only complaint would be the handling of the personnel from upper management. communication is never really there.
A new company that counted on good employees to succeed.
Security Systems Installer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 15, 2014
I am very teachable and l enjoy working with technology so after getting my feet wet I became a valuable asset on the Protect America team.
Great Experience
Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: learned how to handle adversity.
Cons: wish i could have been there longer.
Communicated with customers on the phone.

I developed great communication skills

Hardest part was learning the technique to deal with customers on the phone.
Protect America
Sales rep (Former Employee), Austin, TxJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes and bonuses
Cons: micro managed sometimes
Pretty simple job we just sold house alarm systems. Wasn't very stressful or fun was just a regular job nothing to exciting or hard.
Stressful
Telemarketer/Inside Sales (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Customers began to catch on to the fact no one was coming to their house to talk to them about what the company offered. It made it hard when they were told this was the only day they could get a free system if they had it installed today, but the numbers where circulated and we ended up calling these people on numerous occasions with the same pitch.
fast and productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), round rock texasDecember 4, 2013
Rushing on holidays but there is nothing I can't do loved working with people. Learned to manage employees and be a team leader
productive and fun work Environment
Inside Sales Represenative (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 21, 2013
Protect America gives you great opportunity to make a business of your own and work hard to accomplish your goals. They want you to be the best and will coach you to become a better sale rep. Management is Awesome but strict and expect not excuses which can be a good and bad thing. You don't want to get on there bad side. The hardest part is actually – more... having to sell your product and having he customer believe in it. the most enjoyable art is actually helping someone with your product and selling it. The people around you have wonderful attitudes. – less
will never work for again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 18, 2013
Everything about this job was awful. But I will say I met my best friend there.
Banking Hours 8-6
Receptionist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 22, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: long days-short breaks-no benefits
Field customer calls for home security, filled in contracts for customer signatures. Most enjoyable part of the job was filling in contracts and helping others finish their contracts. Hardest part of this job was not enough pay for work load and no guarantee in hours.
Worked at retaining customers
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 19, 2013
Pros: pay, benifits
Cons: long hours
I managed customer service ,technical support, collections, shipping and receiving, dispatched service calls, handled all customers wanting to terminate agreement, self install department, save customers wanting to cancel agreement within their 3 days to do so.
Sales
Telamarketer (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJune 8, 2013
The benefits were great, but just the management wanted to get a little bit to close so i quit working there.
Protect America Inc.
Security Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TexasApril 25, 2013
Pros: lost of chances to get bonuses, contest, company activities
Cons: management style recently changing, and not able to stick to internal transfers.
I was a security sales specialist, helping all new and current customers in signing up with services in home security. Helping with selling extra equipment from sensors, smoke detection, GPS devices, interior cameras and up selling for current customers. Having to also walk threw the online agreement for signing up with our 3 years and going threw the – more... whole credit process. – less