Protect America Employee Reviews

Great culture, great advancement opportunities!
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
One of the greatest things about Protect America is the culture. Each leader here is completely dedicated to the idea of developing their people for greater results. With a culture like this, it's easy to see how fellow peers are able to rise through the ranks. I have been very fortunate to work with many strong leaders and have learned so much from them. I enjoy working for this company!
Pros
Strong leadership, fun and focused culture!
Cons
More healthy snacks in the vending machines!
It's not a career move
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 21, 2017
It's a beat down calling the same leads over and over but if you can deal with that there is some money to be made. Short lunches, no real off time without being penalized financially.
Pros
Potential to make some good money.
Cons
short breaks, time off, calling same leads over and over
True Growth Opportunity
Rock Star (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2017
I have been with Protect America for just over 3 months and this is what I have found. It is a very positive environment. Employees for the most part love their job. It's important work you can feel proud of we protect homes and families. Management is attentive and not only willing to listen to concerns but truly address them to the best of their abilities. Opportunities are vast and success stories of promotions exist all over the company. Everything is kept in house so there are opportunities for growth in many different departments. There is a nice benefit package that is competitive with other jobs I have had. Pay is competitive and if you work the commission and attendance award programs you can really do well. I have learned a ton since starting and it seems learning and development are a constant here. I am very excited about my future at Protect America and suggest everyone get in before this company absolutely blows up and becomes huge because I have a feeling that's exactly what's going to happen.
Pros
competitive pay and major growth opportunity
Cons
It's a drive from my current location but worth it
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Working here was like being in high school all over again. Too much gossip and drama. The pay didn't match the work load. Training wasn't sufficient. Hours were terrible.
Recognizes Talent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Protect America has been my home for over 3 years now. During my time here I have technically held 5 different titles.I didn't jump around from department to department. I worked hard and waited for the right opportunities. I didn't always like the roles I worked here but I knew this company was where I was supposed to be. The culture and people here are some of the best I've ever work for and with. They recognized talent in me that I looked past and eventually I was promoted to the Sr. Leader level. My story is not an unusual one at Protect America. I have many peers and coworkers that worked their way up from the phones into management. Whether it was over the course of a year or 17! I often feel like it's my job to help our new hires and hourly team members see opportunities for advancement. Not everyone will have the outcome I did but it's made pretty clear here that if you don't try you'll never know!
Pros
Potlucks, Game Room, Open and Fun atmosphere
Awesome Opportunity for Bonus and Commission
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2017
While PA might not have the best base pay of another other call center in the area they have the best bonus and commission structure of anyone I've ever worked for or even heard of. The opportunity to create your own wealth is well within these walls if you have the drive to do it.

The bonus and commission structure, even for customer service reps, is uncapped. But the best thing is as a customer service rep I don't have to sell if I don't want to. Meaning i'm not going to miss or not hit a kpi if I have a bad day. They want us to focus on customer service first and not selling our way out of the customers problem. I respect that.
Pros
game room, coworkers, fun environment, money!
Cons
The don't have the best base pay but who cares when I can make more than $100 on any call!
Awesome Opportunity for Bonus and Commission

Pros
game room, coworkers, fun environment, money!
Strong Company Culture
Inside Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2017
This company believes in company culture that improves employees communication, wellness and performance.

That being said the training is well put together and still in place if you need a little bit of a refresher. Leaders are supportive and executives all have an open door policy. I have never had a conversation with a CEO of a company I worked for in the past. Sure I have seen them speak at our regional meetings but then they were off. Not here at Protect America! Our CEO is very much involved in our everyday production. It's nice to see him walking the floor and engaging with everyone.

Solid company!
Pros
Great Support, Growth
January 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback and review. Protect America has been providing security for homes and families for 25 years and we couldn't do it without a top notch training program for our team members. Our leaders open door policy is what allows us to see each position from a different perspective. We value our teams and their openness with us as leaders. Not only does it help us understand each person's day to day but our team members also provide us with excellent feedback and advice! Team work makes the dream work!

needs more training
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
needs better training , employees will not do well if the training is not up to par, focus on more training and stop rushing through it , if they don't catch on during training help them more
January 22, 2017

Thank you for your honest feedback. While we pride ourselves on our extensive training program for each role we do understand not everyone learns the same nor at the same pace. One of the common themes in all of our training classes is you ARE NOT going to learn everything in the classroom but we will make sure you have constant support through leadership and through the tools each work station is equipped with. We ask all of our team members to try their very best but in the end it is our job to make sure they feel supported and confident when speaking with our customers. We apologize if this wasn't your experience. In an effort to improve our training program we consider all feedback important and we thank you for allowing us to step back and get a former team members perspective on the quality of our training.

Great Place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2016
Great place to work its fun, and everyone is a joy to be around. training was easy and it is definitely a starter job into a career
January 22, 2017

Thanks for your positive review! We are happy you found a happy home with Protect America. It's team members like you who make it "a joy" to go to work with!

decent pay difficult to move up
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78728November 23, 2016
managers make less than employees
they will fire you on spot
they do not give you regular evaluations
you are treated as just a number instead of a valued employee
January 22, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. Protect America has been protecting homes and families for 25 years and we consider each year an opportunity to improve. Our bonus and pay structure for our team members are uncapped while the leaders will have a ceiling to hit. This is done on purpose to drive production. Most of our leaders have come up from the team member level and understand they might not earn as much as they did on the phones but the opportunity to become a strong mentor and leader is more important to them in their career. We want to apologize if you feel undervalued as a team member. Our company runs on our core values of Customers, Culture, and Growth. As you know under these values lay our Values in Action. Each month we celebrate these values by nominating and voting for team members like you! Continue to give us your feedback and help us help you create a new perception by nominating peers and leaders! Who knows maybe you will be our next winner!

Protect America Data Entry
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
be prepared for a very diverse work place. half is tie/suit other half is technical/building. data entry position I filled. submitting documents for new customer accounts. correcting information and constant changes in policies make for stressful times. food trucks are great but very expensive.
Pros
bonus, advancement opportunities
Cons
only provide specific schedules
January 22, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and we strive to provide a diverse and dynamic work environment for all team members. Our relaxed dress code encourages all team members to wear what makes them the most comfortable, whether that means a suit and tie or blue jeans with a Rolling Stones t-shirt! We are very fortunate to have every Protect America team member under one roof. This allows each individual the chance to see what happens in other departments and all the hard work that is put in by each contributor.

While we do not set the prices of the items sold by food trucks on the property we do work to provide meal options that are not only delicious but affordable. I have submitted your feedback and we will work to source more affordable options in the future!

High pressure call center
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 7, 2016
Although this call center did not require its employees to sell goods or services, job security depended on performance. Employees were required to set a number of appointments per day. All appointment setters were part time employees, so were not able to receive any benefits.
Pros
Part time hours
Cons
High call volume, business professional dress code
January 22, 2017

Good Afternoon and thank you for your feedback. We are a little confused however because Protect America is located in Austin, TX not Fayetteville, NC are your description says/

We do not have satellite offices nor outside sales teams. We also do not have anyone in our company with the title Appointment Setter nor anyone with a job description resembling what you are describing. Perhaps you work for a similarly named call center.

Part time employee's at Protect America do not qualify for all of the benefits a full time team member does but all of our part time roles are optional. Each one of our part time Team Members choose these hours whether it is to support them while they are finishing their degree or to bring in additional income next to their full time role.

To management you are nothing else but a tool
Permits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Management does not understand what some of the smaller departments do, nor do they care about you as a person. I would not suggest working there. High turnover rate.
Pros
Popcorn every other Thursday. Occasional food trucks on site
Cons
management
January 22, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed Free Popcorn Thursday and the food trucks! We think it's cool too! Most of our leaders have worked their way up from the Team Member level and we are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and team work environment for all of our team members so i'm disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We would like for you to know that we value and consider all feedback. We will continue to find ways to improve! Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns and good luck in all of your future endeavors!

Unstable environment
Third-Party Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 31, 2016
Poor leadership. Executive management offers no support to employees. The business processes and technology are very antiquated for a company in today's job market.

A typical day involves reporting accounts that need disconnection, tracking escalated issues from customer service, and attempting to navigate the antiquated systems that are used.

I have learned many useful Excel skills, honed analytical thinking skills, and reporting techniques.

Poor leadership. Executive management offers no support to employees. The business processes and technology are very antiquated for a medium-sized company in today's business world.

The hardest part of my job is navigating the murky waters between the SVP of Operations and the CEO. Much of the time I feel like I am fixing mistakes of years past that were unethical and deeply covered up by prior executives.

The most enjoyable part of my day is that I can see in real time the amount of issues I have fixed and money I have saved the company.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay, Benefits, PTO
January 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback! Over the past several years we have taken many strides to create a great working environment in all areas! We've seen so many positive changes and transitions. Our leadership team prides itself on their open door policy with Team Members. Our executive team has carefully chosen each leader within the company in hopes they might provide our front line team members with the daily support that is needed. We appreciate all of your hard work and hope you will continue to voice any concerns you might have!

Warehouse Workers Get No Respect from Company
Shipping and Receiving / Returns / QA (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2016
If you are not in the "front of the house" in customer service you are looked down upon. we have monthly awards "The V.I.A" where you receive 50 dollars and your name on a plaque. and its very rare that its not a salary manager who doesn't need to 50 dollars who receives it . They really have no respect for the warehouse area . they call our part of the company "the back of the house" . i mean how more degrading can you be.
Pros
Cons
company is not ran appropiately
January 22, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It is hard to imagine anyone from our "BACKBONE of the HOUSE" feeling undervalued. At Protect America we value each team member as equals. There is not one job more important than another and our VIA awards allow us to demonstrate this through our team members nominations and votes. While we do receive many nominations from our leadership teams participation it is really our team members like you who get to decide who will be our next VIA winner. Please continue to nominate your fellow Backbone of the House peers and encourage others to participate in the VIA awards! We love seeing everyone attending AND participating in each ceremony!

Company going through growing pains, some good some bad.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
Protect America will definitely give you the opportunity to gain priceless knowledge especially if you're in the sales industry. I would say entry level at best. A different perspective if you will. To be frank nothing is perfect. And there are a lot of GREAT people that work here. Unfortunately there are overwhelming favoritism problems, absolutely zero room to move up, and a pay structure that changed making it the industry low in the area. Won't go into too much detail out of respect. They are trying to improve with many ideas. The VP is holding them back. Hasn't the slightest clue what he's doing. Sad because there are others more deserving and I don't mean myself. It used to be exciting working there. Again, growing pains.
And don't plan on taking leave. There's a huge coincidence of people that are let go as soon as they return from vacation. I'm talking new employees and veterans alike.
In conclusion, especially in the Austin area, don't settle. A LOT of better opportunity if you're willing to put in the effort.
Pros
Break Room, great business model
Cons
Leadership(fear tactics), clear goals, pay structure, culture changed(used to be like google)
January 22, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. Protect America has been in the business of protecting homes and families for over 25 years and we pride ourselves in creating a fun work environment where our team members impact our customers lives on a daily basis. Our leadership team is comprised primarily of team members that have been promoted throughout the years. While we are constantly working towards opening new roles for those who would like to grow with our company it is a testament to our amazing leadership staff and tenure when we don't have positions open up every other day. One of our core values is GROWTH. We want our team members to feel they have the opportunity for advancement not only within their role and department but also company wide! Please continue to check our open positions for something that might be a good fit for you!

Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2016
I worked at Protect America and the environment is extremely unstable. Management is constantly changing, their's obvious favoritism, you don't get paid what you should.
Pros
Cons
Management changes very frequently, no job security, low pay, lots of politics
January 22, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry you did not get the chance to experience some of the "Pro's" Protect America has to offer like our game room, laid back culture, and competitive earning structure. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent, and team work environment for all of our team members so i'm disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We would like for you to know that we value and consider all feedback. We will continue to find ways to improve! Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns and good luck in all of your future endeavors!

Protect America Review
Technician Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2016
-A typical work day keeps your busy and on your toes. Able to speak with contractors all over the nation and build a solid team and relationships.
-Multi tasking and efficient use of time. Leadership skills, producing and implementing directional and teaching techniques.
-Diverse and have built many good relationships. Working interdepartmentally allows you to learn many aspects of you job.
-Utilized resources to fullest extent to ensure customer satisfaction.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was fulfilling Customer Satisfaction and providing peace of mind.
January 22, 2017

What a great work ethic and mentality you have! Team members like you drive this culture and this family to be better! We hear you! And your feedback is always appreciated!

productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin TexasMay 22, 2016
i enjoy working at this company. Good opportunity for growth. A great place to quickly make money and break into a solid company.
January 22, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback! It makes us so happy that you enjoy your time here but especially that you enjoy the culture and environment! Money is always good too! We take all of the feedback that we get to heart and continue to improve not only our team members but our management as well so we appreciate the advice! Keep trucking!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protect America. Our community is ready to answer.