Protect America Employee Reviews

Good culture of people but the management is terrible
Customer Sales & Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Overall i had a very bad experience working for this company,Management is HORRIBLE i would not refer anyone to work for Protect America. They have bad business and management ethics
February 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, even though it sounds like you didn't feel the role was a fit. We do our best to make sure all of our employees are treated fairly and managed in a way that allows them to reach their potential.

Misleading
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2017
The pay is very lopsided. Reps make more than the managers working fewer ours. CEO dictates every thing. Very micro managed. There is not much stability from a financial perspective
February 9, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We value your feedback and view every day as an opportunity to improve. We do offer varying starting pay for those who have higher levels of education and experience. There are always opportunities to earn more with Protect America and many positions have a competitive commission structure.

Customer Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2017
I have worked for protect america for almost 2 years. Hard work is recognized on a daily basis. I have grown with the company and every one has knowledge to offer. I plan on staying with protect america as there is no other place with such a great culture out there.
Bad
Quality assurance (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
Worked there for too many years and mad less than new hires. Job was not fun, poor leadership. If your weren’t in the “in crowd” you were treated differently. Job was more favoritism than hard work. Would not recommend this job to anyone
February 14, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We do offer varying starting pay for those who have higher levels of education and experience. We also do our best to reward all of our employees based on their work. We are sorry to hear that you felt unrewarded, and appreciate your candid story.

It was great until it wasn't
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXNovember 15, 2017
I was in quality assurance but also was able to make sales which was great. I had a great team, great training, the only problem was when I was pregnant the on duty manager tried to write me up for using the bathroom too much. (he did not know I was pregnant) When I was presented with the paperwork I refused to sign and explained the situation. I was told to sign it or leave. So I left.
Fun Coworkers, stressful work
L1- General Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2017
Coworkers there are just the best I have had the pleasure of working with. Some calls can be the best while others can be stressful. Sometimes there are mistakes from payroll that can impact how you view the place. If your Q.A score is low it can and will impact your bonus and commission.
Pros
Supervisors, Coworkers, Bonus and commissions.
Cons
Mistakes with Payroll
telemarketing
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 11, 2017
I called customers and set up appointment times to have a security system demonstrated to them at their home. it was a very easy job and not stressful at all.
Pros
easy job
Cons
better pay
Great Work Atmosphere with Advancement
Sales Manager / CSR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Starting with the company your in a 3 week training that thouroghly teaches the employees how to operate the equipment. Once on the floor the management work one on one to make sure you succeed and have a great growth with the company. Advancement are given in the company and great benefits are offered. Hands down one of the best companies in Central Texas!!
Pros
Advancements
Cons
10 hour work shifts
Review
Care Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
Almost anyone who has worked at Protect America can agree with most negative reviews. I don't feel comfortable providing too much information in my review but, all in all it isn't absolutely terrible. It has it's good/ bad moments and for the most part it is a friendly working environment.
Teamwork makes dream work!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2017
Protect America is a great place to work, fun, and a great place to make money.

Lots of events.

Management doesnt micro manage.

Hardest part of job was having to leave
Pros
Money can be great if you put in the time and hustle, Managers work with you and the team is cool with each other
Cons
Not very close to quick restaurants, but at least there are food trucks.

Want to know more about Protect America?

Ask a question
Very welcoming environment.
Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2017
People here is very professional and they'll do whatever it takes for you to succeed. The harder you work, the more they will help you to succeed. If you can succeed in the General Care, you can do about anything in this company.
Culture good
Operation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 9, 2017
Okay place to work.
Advance is there if you work hard enough
Management can be over bearing at times.
Fun activities done, every now and then
Compensation very low
Fast pace work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78728June 28, 2017
Coming into work check emails from customers with questions or issues with security systems, be ready to answer the phone and assist customers with issues promptly.
Sales
Administrative Assistant - Phone (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX 78681June 27, 2017
They take chargeback on your paychecks. They don't communicate about the pay to you. They don't make promises they say they will keep and they have people in upper mgmt give you the run around. You feel like you're doing a cat/mouse chase to get answers
Pros
Cons
non
good place to work with good bonus/commissions
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2017
If you can make it through the first year with the sick time policy (2 days) then you usually can do very well. Opportunity for advancement. Bonus opportunities abound with advancement.
Pros
food truck, advancement, bonus
Cons
poor sick time allotment
Great company
Universal (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 8, 2017
Great benefits and great people to work with. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I felt like I had a big family there because It's not so much of a big company.
Cons
Short lunch
Found my Career
Sr. Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2017
I started with Protect America as an Inside Sales Team Member and quickly fell in love with the company - it's culture and people. Since starting with PA I have worn several different hats. Has everyday/job here been my dream job? No. But I found a company that I look forward to walking into everyday and I wasn't about to let that go. I am now a salaried Sr. Manager and I can't thank this place and the leadership enough for giving me such a great opportunity. They take their core values seriously and it shows when you look around the building. Promoting from within is generally a selling point or pipe dream but there are examples of it all over this company. That's just my two cents.
Pros
People, Leadership, Culture
Cons
Throw some more vacation days at us.
Family
Sr. Training and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
I've been working at Protect America for 17 months now and I felt welcomed from day one. It's a great atmosphere to work in and the leadership is very supportive. If your desire is to make Protect America a career, then the growth opportunities are endless. Not only would I recommend a Protect America Security system to family members and friends, I would recommend Protect America to anyone as a great place to work. Just a few weeks ago I went out to eat dinner and I was so impressed with the level of customer service provided by my waiter, that I gave him a business card and asked him to get in touch with me when he was ready for a career change. That young man started working with Protect America today in Wave 93. I'm not obligated to do so, but I'm always looking for good talent to invite to join our Protect America family. I've never worked with a company that has gone above and beyond to take care of its own the way this company does.

"Life doesn't get better by chance, life gets better by change" - Take that leap of faith and join our family today!

"EVERY CUSTOMER, EVERY TIME"
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Career Advancement, Relaxed Atmosphere
Great culture, great advancement opportunities!
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2017
One of the greatest things about Protect America is the culture. Each leader here is completely dedicated to the idea of developing their people for greater results. With a culture like this, it's easy to see how fellow peers are able to rise through the ranks. I have been very fortunate to work with many strong leaders and have learned so much from them. I enjoy working for this company!
Pros
Strong leadership, fun and focused culture!
Cons
More healthy snacks in the vending machines!
It's not a career move
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 21, 2017
It's a beat down calling the same leads over and over but if you can deal with that there is some money to be made. Short lunches, no real off time without being penalized financially.
Pros
Potential to make some good money.
Cons
short breaks, time off, calling same leads over and over
February 9, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We value your feedback and view every day as an opportunity to improve. There is no doubt that sales is challenging work. As such we make sure our sales team is compensated with a competitive base and commission structure. We also promote from within so everyone has an opportunity to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protect America. Our community is ready to answer.