Protect America Employee Reviews in United States

Protect America Review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2016
Protect America is a decent first time employer. I would not recommend it for call center veterans or professionals looking for long term advancement. Their pay is sub par compared to the industry standard, benefits are lacking and growth potential is limited. The environment is becoming very professional but is lacking in team and professional development. First call resolution which is the standard driving factor for most call centers takes a back seat to ending calls quickly. Protect America can not maintain the necessary amount of staff to do the work consistently and correctly.
Pros
The break room is nice.
Cons
Lack of development and employee culture.
Easy relaxed atmosphere
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and relaxed. Even under pressure, management keep the atmosphere as tension free as possible. The training, though intense, is employed until the trainee feel comfortable. There is a big team spirit and a family feel to the place.
It felt great to work in a easy atmosphere.
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 17, 2015
I liked calling up the customers and asking them questions on their system that we sold to them. It was rewarding to know that we made their lives a little bit easier and safe. I once helped a lady get through a robbery while in process over the phone, while my supervisors and teammates helped get the police in action to her home. I was giving her a courtesy call not knowing that she was needing help. I stayed on the phone with her till police arrived and all went well. It made me feel honored to work for this company. My teammates and supervisor told me how a Great Job I kept the customer and myself calm throughout the call. I'm glad I never got rewarded for that call by the company, but it made me feel worth something to work for the company.
Pros
They always had bought pizza to show appriciation
Nice Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Was my first job that i liked regret ever leaving there wish i could go back only thing is that when u are supposed to bonus it will get kind of tricky.
Fun Place to work have game machines pingpong tables, but upper management doesn't seem to know what to do with certain departments
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin TxJuly 23, 2015
Protect America overall experience was good at first the people were great to work for was able to adapt quick when it came to customer service calls to help the customer setup a security system.
But when it comes to year raises they always forget anniversary date and you will have to remind them all the time, upper management not caring for the people they hire to do the job.
Fun work environment, Arcade games, ping pong table, food trucks
Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2015
Protect America was a nice company to work. I enjoyed my time spent there. The people were nice and friendly there was a since of a family type vibe.
Work hard and you'll be rewarded
Quality Assurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJuly 7, 2015
A typical day at Protect America is a very busy day. A lot of calls to be answered but if you work hard the management does notice it and the company does reward you. hardest part of the job would be keeping calm and to not get frustrated with the customers because a good amount of them are elderly and don't understand the technology. The company does have a lot of movie days where they will give out free popcorn and will allow you to watch a movie in the break room.
Cons
Short breaks.
Great place to work with a growing thriving culture
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
Worked directly for the VP of Bus. Dev. Great mentor and learned a lot under his leadership. Was taught all aspects of account/project management i.e. trends, gaps, and forecast. The hardest part of the job was the reporting and the deliverables that needed to be provided from a small manned team. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting peoples security needs and watching my affiliate channels grow in production and revenue. The commissions and recognition I earned was a byproduct.
Pros
Growth and opportunity
Cons
Work family life balance
Better off working at McD's
Chat Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2015
Management is lost in what the actual job really is. They are more worried about pushing Sales and Renewals then actually assist the customer with the issue. Management is also not fully trained in the products the company offers. Think if more of the managers got out from behind the cubical they might actually see whats really going on. Company has more issues then a sinking boat. They don't listen to the staff they are over. I have also been lied to numerous times by the manager that I had... Then again when you hire a known Liar, Fraud and Fake that's what you get as a "Leader".....
Protect America
Inside Sales / Business Development (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2015
This is a very good company to work with. They have excellent training for all departments that enables you to be very successful. They have a friendly work environment. You can start at the bottom and work your way up..
great oppurtunity to help protect home and families while making lucrative compensation
Installation and sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2015
Protect America was great. I enjoyed my co-workers and the culture at the company. I enjoyed helping people protect there home and families. The hardest part was dealing with changes in the department and company that directly effect my self and income and not getting a heads up. The most enjoyable was being able to help people each and everyday while financially helping my own family.
Pros
contests, insurance and benefits, great co-workers
Cons
short breaks, changes in management, added duties without compensation
Fun work environment with decent pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 4, 2015
PA was a very fast pace, upbeat, sociable group. The company structure was decent and they did hold classes to continuously update your skills to stay on top of your work. My only issue with this company was their "Sale Sale Sale!!!" attitudes. They would couch each employee to push their customer to buying equipment they really didn't need just to make the company more money. I respect the idea of wanting to expand the company and get the employees great commissions, but not at the customers expense. I learned how to install, trouble shoot, and completely control a security system AND explain to the customers over the phone in detail.
Fun people and work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 19, 2014
Inbound/outbound calls
Most enjoyable part of the job was the new people and friends that I met through the job.
Good at first/Upper mgmt and regulations ruined it
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2014
I worked inside sales and interacted with potential customers from around the USA and some in Canada.

It was a good job in the beginning, but it slowly deteriorated into minimum wage.

They paid an hourly and had a somewhat complex commission structure that dwindled away to almost nothing at the end. Upper mgmt wanted to keep their big salaries (understandable) and squeeze out the ways in which those on the front lines (sales) were able to earn. It started slowly and then it dwindled down to excuse making and double speak. There were levels 1-5 and the higher your level, the more commission you earned. The problem was that the call volume subsided incredibly, or it was rigged to certain individuals and you were left with either transfers to other departments, or sales calls that went nowhere. If you did not obtain a certain amount of sales per month, you would drop a level and had to work your way back up (or not)

I saw multiple sales people at P.A that were very talented get shut out of earning potential. There was no rhyme or reason for the drop off. Someone controlled the calls and determine who would do well one month and who wouldn't do well. It was discouraging because much of it was out of your control and you could tell with those who were talented that it was not their fault. They were all eventually let go.

The co-workers were good and the sales managers were great people. The head sales Mgr at P.A was a great. In my opinion it was those in executive roles that ruined the environment and dictated these terms to those in mgmt roles in sales (who I don't blame).
  more...
Overall: it was a good company to work for at first and I learned some great skills. But it is just a sign of the times in America where there are too many games being played and nothing is guaranteed.
Pros
good product
Cons
upper mgmt squeezed our ability to earn commission and suffocated
exciting and flexible work place!
Retention and Account Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  austin texaSNovember 10, 2014
I enjoy my work days! If you enjoy giving customer resolutions along with sales this is the place for you.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
parking
Fun, Productive Environment with video games to play on downtime
Installations Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Everyday we helped customer's install their security systems in their homes to help them feel secure in or away from their home. In order to provide excellent customer service, you had to have 100% knowledge of the products we sold. Management was always brainstorming on innovative ways to market and bring in new and maintain current customers. Though we had daily quotas to meet, we maintained to keep the job fun while creating lasting relationships. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with newest systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was keeping customers happy and exceeding daily goals.
Pros
free lunches, talent shows, participating in community events
Great place to succeed
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasSeptember 8, 2014
fast-paced environment, freedom to make innovations, no micromanagement, fair compensation, amazing coworkers
Fast-pace production
Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
Great Supervisor, Amazing co-workers with great morale. My area of work made it easy and enjoyable to come to work.
I would not go back due to management
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Round Rock ,TXAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at work was Inbound calls routed from web inquires. All one call closes. Management there was not the best but the co-workers were amazing. I have remained friends with most of them to this day. The most enjoyable part was the quick sales environment. It was stressful but also such a rush.
Cons
20 min lunches and management
Fun atmosphere but HORRIBLE management
Customer Care Representative - L2 (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 31, 2014
While working at Protect America I had 4 different direct supervisors and 3 different area managers - all within 11 months. Before I left they began instituting a sales quota which was not an initial job requirement for customer care.