Protection 1 – Albany, NY 12204
Perform installation of Customer’s Residential/Commercial Security equipment including alarm systems, CCTV, Card Access and Fire Alarms and associated Components
To perform this job successfully, the Installer may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed and other duties as assigned.
- Acknowledge, implement, and enforce all Protection One Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain an on-going library of all Protection One Policies, Procedures, and Technical Manuals.
- Submit accurate and timely documentation to your immediate supervisor (Billing reports, Data entry information, Time cards).
- Attend Classroom and Field Training as required.
- Comply with Protection One's vehicle policy.
- Maintain the appropriate Truck Stock Supplies/Tools/Equipment.
- Maintain the appropriate basic hand tools necessary to perform required duties.
- Perform New System Installations, System Upgrades, and New System Additions.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Perform System testing and Signal Verification.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Must have working knowledge of local and national codes.
- Must have working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, programming, and testing.
- Must have working knowledge of Residential/Commercial Fire Systems, CCTV, Intercom, and Card Access Systems.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to perform basic system design.
- Must be able to read diagrams and blueprints.
- Must be able to take a project from the design stage and see it through to completion.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and three years minimum alarm industry installation technician experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Applicable state and local licenses as required.
- Must have valid driver’s license issued by the state in which they reside and proper automobile registration.