Protection One, Inc.

Protection One, Inc. Employee Reviews

productive
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers
daily processing of orders
confirmation of orders with purchase orders
projects from management
answering calls and checking inventory
tracking orders to be shipped out
Best/ Beneficial Job
Monitoring Rep (Former Employee), Longwood, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: pay, coworkers and benefits
Cons: Mandation
A typical day at work would be coming in finding an open computer (work station) logging in and taking alarm signals for residential and commercial property over and over until your shift is over. Verifying that persons and or property was safe and secure through various phone calls and dispatching authorities if need be. A lunch would not be given unless there was downtime ( not many signals received) otherwise for every 4hrs of time worked you would be scheduled a 15 minute break to; eat, use the bathroom, make any necessary phone calls etc. My coworkers were pleasant and understanding. Management – more... was well organized and somewhat easy to deal with. The greatest thing I could say I learned from the time spent at this job was my "attention to detail", a trait that I utilize to this day. The hardest part of this job was what we monitoring reps called "Mandation." Mandation is having to cover an unscheduled amount of a fellow coworkers shift as a result of tardiness or call out. Usually a mandation would be a coverage of either the 1st 4hrs of a shift or the last 4hrs of a shift. However this gives the most enjoyable part of the position which was pay, compensation and overtime. It was a tough job for a person with children and or separate careers goals outside of this job, but you was very well compensated. – less
Very motivation place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 9, 2015
Enjoyed the commission opportunites and as well as the OT that was onstantly given. Free snacks and beverages was given everyday.
Nice place to work. However, no growth opportunities.
Service Tech III Specialist (Former Employee), Plainview, NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Use of company vehicle to drive to and from work. Learned different types of systems.
Cons: Health care, lack of growth opportunities.
A typical day at protection one starts around 7 a.m. and ended whenever the work stopped coming in. Often times I would work till 8:30/9:00 pm. I was one of the few lead techs. I have learned a host a of different types of security systems, CCTV, card access. I learned how to lead a team on numerous projects (Alarm and camera installations that cost $50,000 and more). My co-workers were great.

The hardest part of job is not knowing when I was getting off of work. Very hard to have family time. Another difficult part is constantly going above and beyond for my managers and never received a promotion. Once a tech always a tech. I was told I would be made a installation manager in December. My general manager ended up hiring one of his friends from the outside. I never mind going the extra mile. However, 7 years without a promotion into some type of supervisory or management role is a bit too long. Since I have been there, only one promotion to supervisor was given; and that was within the first couple of months of me starting.
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Incentives such as free Nike shoes, free dinner
Cons: Walking out in harsh weather conditions
I had to use this specific app used by the company to map out certain areas that I wanted to sell in. Once the area was mapped out I was then dropped off at my desired location to sell. I learned communication skills, how to read body language, how to be self- motivated, eye-contact, confidence,customer service, and how to sell a customer. Management and co-workers all worked as a team to accomplish our sales quota for the month. The hardest part of the job was walking in 100 degree heat selling security systems and the most enjoyable part is actually making the sale.
Very technical Job
Dealer Services Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 6, 2015
This was a technical job that required data entry and security system trouble shooting. I've learned quite a bit. When I started there it was in an entry level job. I had no prior knowledge in this industry. I worked in the call center and managed to move up into management through hard work. I had a manager that was willing to take me under his wing and teach me what I needed to do the job. My co-workers were great, I still maintain many of them as friends. This industry constantly changes and keeping up with the changes was the hardest part of the job.
Run
residential technician 2 (Former Employee), Lombard IllinoisApril 21, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: learn how to manage yourself management has no support for you at all
Work there for a year never had a chance to make something at the job very poor management needs a lot of work if you do decide to work now have a lot of patients overtime is a must on time suck especially if you're a technician no tech-support at all was very unhappy working for protection one
OT OT OT
Monitoring Representative IV (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: OT OT OT OT
Company offer more OT than some people can handle. The hardest part of the job is required to submit any vacation within 6 months (even if its 1 day). The most enjoyable is the people and supervisors. Very paced environment and one must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change.
Productive and Challenging
Commercial Remote Programmer/Tech Support Rep (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 22, 2015
I learned daily about various alarm systems. My communication skills evolved tremedously here and my mind was constantly challenged.
A Stepping Stone
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2015
All experiences are a stepping stone to perfecting your overall experiences. Each position, good or bad is teaching us to understand where we will be perfect fit. My rating for this company was low and learning that 4 people quit in one week should have been a red flag, but I decided to give it a try and work through it. Co-workers are great, management is a big issue, benefits are terrible but I was able to gain experience in MAS application and remember the scheduleing aspect of my being a project coordinator. I would rate this as a 3.
Highly stressful and fast paced environment.
Monitoring Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: schedule is convenient
Cons: really short breaks
Very fast paced 24 hour call center environment. Learned a lot on the need to quickly respond to home, business and medical alarms in a timely manner. Learned the procedures after a 5 week training which prepared me once I was working on the floor as a monitoring representative. The hardest part of the job is making sure you take the next call within 2 minutes and completing call within 2 minutes or less.
Excellent experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: varied according to parent company. excelent management traing under westinghouse.
Cons: constantly changing
This company evolved over the years I was there thru five buy-outs/takeovers. I learned to adapt to different systems and priorities.
Fast paced, busy environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Wichita, ksFebruary 17, 2015
Back to back phone calls. Must be able to multitask and navigate manuals, programs, and make notes within the call. Usually calls last less than 5 minutes.
they keep you busy even in slow times
Service Technician/Installer (Former Employee), Westwood, MAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: had company truck and good befits
Cons: traveled ing between jobs and being on call
Main office didn't understand the area we covered. so they cut back on 2 techs. We covered almost 3/4 of the state so some days were very long trying to get daily jobs done.
Micro management
Customer Service Tech assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Micro management. Most supervisors did not have degrees talked down to employees. Wrote up everybody daily.
I was able to reach the goals that were set out
POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENT LIASION (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: being able to make a difference and having the support to do so
Cons: sometimes i would be gone all month long to different states.
There was not a specific typical day at work. I was trained to do every position of the company that had to do with the inner workings of what the company was about; monitoring peoples homes and businesses.

Overview; Travel throughout the United States, in my office taking phone calls and helping different police and fire departments.

The first four months, I was the customer liaison. This position required me to take the worst phone calls that came in the call center.

When my boss the VP, asked me to change our relationships with the police and fire departments. I told him that might take two to three years and he was fine with that. I started going to police/fire department meeting to introduce myself and resolve and issues they might have with the company and turn that around. I was the face of Protection One. I handed out my business cards with my person work number so we could resolve pass and current issues. I was able to reach these goals with all the support I had behind me.
could have been a much better
Commercial Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2015
Management was awful and seemed to never have a clear clue of what was needed to make things better. the work was typical security alarm stuff but the day to day management of employees, jobs, schedules and customers were terrible.
Difficult, demanding and stressful
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland OregonDecember 31, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no training, poor management, hostile workplace
Management lacks vision, sets unrealistic goals, and refuses to properly train employees. Employee is expected to have immediate understanding of job roles and expert level of performance at all times. Job related training is non-existent, employee is expected to meet all goals at all times.

Would not recommend working for company on any level.
I loved working for this company and am looking for another one simular.
Service Tech III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2014
I wasnt sure what the day would bring when I walked in every morning.
I loved that! It was somthing new every day but nothing you wouldn't be able to handle.
The management staff was always happy and ready to help.
Great opportunity amazing time with good people.
sales manager (Former Employee), Lubbock TexasOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great pay and packages
Cons: long hours into the night.
Was an amazing company to work for with great people all around. flexible hours of work so you make your own schedule.

1 2 3 4 5

About Protection One, Inc.

Safety is the #1 priority for Protection One (P-One). The company provides security alarm monitoring services to about 1.5 million – Read more

Protection One, Inc. Salaries