Protection One, Inc. Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever
Admnistrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 17, 2016
Branches all have basically the same positions, but can differ greatly in the way they are set up. The branch I work for has great management who lets you know what your job is and leaves you alone to do it. You are given daily and monthly metrics and that is the criteria for doing your job. You know what is expected of you and there's no drama. Techs can earn extra money by up selling services and by managing their monthly productivity. They receive bonuses monthly. Customer phone calls are few and far between as they are routed through customer service in Wichita for assistance. Service calls are expected to be run within a 24 hour time period, so there are not many complaints to ever deal with anyway. The company does not have hidden charges in their contracts for Installation fees to be charged after you were sold a "free" system and other such creepy practices like Vivint and others. I have worked at four different alarm/low voltage companies and this is the best of the best! Routine cook outs keep the branch team close and interactive. Not all branches are ideal, so try to get input regarding the branch in your area. The company is solid and responsible. P1 recently bought ADT and is in the process of bringing them into and up to P1 standards.
Pros
Management, location, employees
Cons
The change of bringing ADT into the company
Wonderful employee oriented company
National Account/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 25, 2016
Working for this company for over 20 years I grew my office and management experience many levels. I was sad to leave this company due to moving for my spouse's job relocation and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a career.
Alarm management under control
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNAugust 15, 2016
Vivint is the new name for this company. They do an excellent job at teamwork when I was a new employee. It took me a little extra time to grasp the concepts of different types of alarms but my coworkers helped me out.
Pros
free coffee
Run Run Run.. Management is out of touch
Small Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2016
Upper managment has no clue how to manage people. Its more important to look like they have it together rather than it actually being true. They have no concept of how to treat people with respect or how to manage sales people. Local sales managers do nothing to motivate and because they dont understand products dont do any real training. Turnover is very high due to a lack of leadership. If you want to work in this industry go anywhere but here. You wont make any money or get training. These people are not professionals and motivate by threats of termination.

Advice to owners would be to hire better managers rather than hiring friends.
Pros
National Brand
Cons
No leadership and corp is out of touch with sales
Worst company I've ever worked for
Monitoring representative (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJJune 21, 2016
I was their best employee, they had the worst PTO policy, worst attendance policy, and you have to raise your hand to go to the bathroom!! And you can't go over 30 minutes of break time for the 8 hours you slave yourself to! Horrible company ... Horrible supervisors .. They had mold 2 times in 2 years and when you're sick they penalize you horrifically!! Everyone sleeps with everyone by the way and it's the worst revolving door of a company!! Stay far away! And all they discuss is policy and are strict with it, and they don't value their employees unless you kiss their butts!! Good luck! Lol
Pros
Bringing home a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
CompanyTakeover
Team Leader (Customer Support Department) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 15, 2016
I learned that when a company buys out another company, several things can change. Positions, people and location. Loved my job when it was one company and tried to when it became another one.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
Positions eliminated without notice
Keep looking!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 15, 2016
The management only care about numbers whether they are accurate or not. They micro manage all service technicians on the daily. A number of experienced techs have gone to other companies due to the management there. If you like playing the numbers game and being micromanaged daily then this might be a good fit for you. Plan on your management never answering the phone either. They will call you or email you when you're doing something wrong, then you can talk to them.
Benefits
Cons
Need to go counseling to be able to work there.
Would never work there again.
Fire Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2016
The management just cares about their number, not their customers or their employees. I wouldn't go back for 40 dollars an hour. I would look at all other options before taking a job with this company, which is about to be ADT. Hope this helps with your job hunting.
Good company
Collections Representative I (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 25, 2016
This is a good company to work for. It is fast paced and things are always changing on a daily basis. They were the 2nd largest alarm company and from what I have heard moving into the 1st spot as the largest company. The management you work for is willing to work with you if you are adaptable for change. The hardest part about the job is if your child gets sick and you have no back up plan.
Pros
Benefits are good and bonus potential
Cons
Prove your worth
Not what i expected
Account rep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 28, 2016
When i first started training all was good everybody kept saying we are a family were so happy here all lies the people there are cliquey the supervisors are horrible they don't know what there talking about im just there for a paycheck until i find another job i dread going everyday drama and fake people. There is a huge turn over they had 4 training classes since ive been there and they are having to start hiring again cause people keep quiting as soon as they get trained for national accounts they quit. Wow
Pros
You get 2 days off back to back so you dont have to be there
Cons
Terrible supervisors they are not experienced or mature
It has good benefits but when it comes to the salary the dont take into consideration your work.
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2016
It's an okay job its not very fair when it comes to the salary to the co workers who put in their time and effort. The possibilities of progressing are very low in these company
benefits
Cons
salary
Great Company
Commercial Accounts Rep I (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2016
Fast, fun, work environment. Great customers. Management works with you to help you grow within the company. Many team activities.
Fun work enviroment and I learned something new everyday.
Emergency Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Manasquan, NJMarch 21, 2016
A typical work day is 8-16 hours
Management is great very supportive and understanding
My co-workers are great
I learn how to deal with extremely difficult situations and different people everyday
I get a variety of different situations everyday
It was a learning experience.
Customer Service - Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I learned from working here, phones and irate customers, learning to dispatch techs to private homes to fix the home alarms. Managed the front office until transferred to customer service.
nice place to work, clean foosball table in break room
Commercial Account Representative I (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Protection one is a great company to work for the supervisors and managers and CEO are very kind and friendly, Its like working in pleasant town. It's fast pace and very easy to promote if you apply yourself. In fact they encourage you to move up and apply for new positions. Again a great place to work especially for a young person who would like to start a career. Managers take care of the employees.The coworkers are great it's like they hand pick people, no drama what so ever. I learned a lot about customer service dealing with commercial businesses more and there you do more than just one thing. You wear many hats, customer service, tech support, video, The most enjoyable part of the job is you don't have to wait 3 years to have the schedule you may want if you apply yourself. The key to this job is Be on time for work and lunch and breaks. come to work and be pleasant learn as much as you can and your life will be successful at Protection One.
Pros
great company to work for, Professional environment
Cons
Maybe hard to get the type of schedule you want.
Fair
Customer Sirvice Rep (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 7, 2016
Protection 1 is a fast pace environment with limited growth potential. Their PTO policy makes it difficult to stay under the wire in ref to absence issues. Managers seem interested in their employees, but do not offer meaningful input. Overall, the feeling is that employees are dispensable.
Pros
Available OT
Cons
Unreasonable attendance expectations
great training and management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 21, 2015
inbound call center for security systems. sitting at a desk answering customers needs helping with their billing and assisting them with alarms.
Challenging and Busy Position
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJOctober 1, 2015
Very challenging position, which I loved. Kept me busy at all times. I had some of the best technicians to work with. They sure put in their part in helping out to make sure the job was getting done.
Cons
Compensation
The worst job I think I ever had
Alarm Monitoring Representative (Former Employee) –  Manasquan NJSeptember 18, 2015
I actually worked at this location and people were literally KILLING THEMSELVES and DYING to get out of there (3 while I was there in less than 2 years).

You work in a windowless room your entire shift. You are chained to a desk your entire shift by a headset. You have to 'ask permission' to have a bathroom break outside of your assigned break time. The work is monotonous and repetitive. If you don't reach your "quota" of calls, you're penalized in both selection of days you can take off for the following quarter and salary increases. You MUST work one or both days of the weekends. You will also have to work holidays frequently (I worked every single holiday the entire time I was employed there).

The general atmosphere is one of immaturity and cliquishness and the supervisors were the worst in granting privileges to their "pet" employees or relatives that worked there. Kinda like being back in high school. If you aren't part of the clique forget about being treated fairly.

I really wouldn't recommend working at this location.
It's a call center
AC&T rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 15, 2015
Pay was good, some of the supervisors were lacking professionalism. If you have a problem or an issue good luck it's easier to find another job than trying to get someone to listen to you and after you do trying to get someone to listen you will become the worst employee and they will make you want to quit. I worked with some really great people. It is a call center so it will suck the life out of you.
Pros
pay, opportunity for advancement
Cons
management

2.7