Protection One, Inc. Employee Reviews

good
Resale and Relocations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 28, 2017
Starwood has grown exponentially since I worked there. I was fortunate to have been in the first hiring class so I witnessed their hiring process for management.
Worst place I ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita KSJuly 24, 2017
If you enjoy being yelled at by customers who think because they are paying $12 a month for monitoring they are ENTITLED to have a service tech come out at midnight to fix their system, if you enjoy being micromanaged by managers who play favorites and have nothing else to do but stand around and visit with each other all shift but insist it is such a great place to work and how promotions abound (they don't!) and enjoy a company with turnover of over 100% in 6 months or less then come on down. There is a reason they have a sign in front of the building saying they are hiring that has been there for over 2 years---nobody wants to work there and for good reason. Don't walk---RUN away from this company and don't think of applying. McDonald's would be a better place to work than here. Oh yeah, and the pay isn't anything for the stress level of the job either.
Pros
Cons
The whole job and the company itself
Working for a monitoring station was amazing
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJuly 24, 2017
I was in charge of saving people's lives, businesses, homes, and property. I had to make sure that I was typing everything correctly in the computer so that the information could be relayed to the correct authorities in a timely manner to ensure that. That was an amazing feeling each and every day for 12 years.
Pros
we had fun
Not a terrible place
Monitor representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67202July 14, 2017
Working for Protection One has been great. My managers are fun people and my co-workers are the best. The job itself is my only complaint. I hate to sit still and dealing with some of the people over the phone gets annoying.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Nothing job related
A job best for recent grads seeking quick employment
Monitoring Rep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 7, 2017
Nice coworkers and some of the Supervisors and managers are genuinely caring. 24/7 company and unlimited over time is available. Benefits available after 30 days.
Rough place to work
Sales/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2017
Much was expected with not much training. Long hours, no time off, fast paced, no raises, and bad communication from management to service techs. Would not recommend working for this company.
Was a good place to work. LOVED the co-workers
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2017
Very great place to work. Management at the time I was there was great. Do not know about current since ADP employees took over the company the culture and job security changed.
Boring
Monitor Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 23, 2017
Very boring in monitoring department esp. 3rd shift. You cant do anything but watch the screen and try to stay awake. They discouraged talking to co workers on the floor, reading or listening to books/ radio. Schedules were set in stone and no fluctuation regardless of the reason even though they assure you beforehand that they will accommodate. Mandatory OT at the very last minute.
Pros
Possibly saving some ones life
Cons
Boring, slow paced, strict
Protection One
Monitoring Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 22, 2017
I was really glad to be working at protection one for the time that I did. The manager's were so awesome and they eased the strain of sitting at a computer all day long.
Busy, workplace
Inventory Coordinator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  MontanaJune 18, 2017
Enjoyed working with the customers and technicians on resolving day to day issues. Was able to resolve difficult issues, thinking through my response. Supported and provided all admin duties to owners and supervisor. Received multiple employee awards, monthly and annually. Customers requested me by name. Happy most when I was able to listen and provide the customer the best avenue for resolution. Prepped technicians daily with their schedules and supplies needed for their jobs.
Pros
M-F (dayshift) schedule
Cons
Not enough technicians to complete schedule work
I don't remember
NOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 17, 2017
It was like a Call Center . I answered the phone and assisted with the customer through the phone and remote assistance. It was very boring and not enough work to keep me busy.
Pros
Cons
no cooment
Decent place to work and fair wages but not enough to live decently.
Monitoring (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 15, 2017
I like this place for job security but the wages simply are not enough for me to raise my family on. So I will be looking for a much better more career based place to work.
Fun place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMay 27, 2017
I worked with the sales team working on leads gaining new customers. Answering phones and setting up appointments for new and current customers. Dispatched service techs. I leaned how to create contracts, submit contracts, filing, data entry, customer service. Management was pretty decent to work for. Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers equipment failing and getting yelled at. Knowing the customers are safe and equipment was working.
Pros
Free lunch fridays
Cons
Not understanding medical emergencies
Advancing Career Opportunities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 24, 2017
I've worked for Protection 1 going on 8 years. It is a fabulous company to work for. They encourage advancement, and certainly provide you with the training assessments to build skill sets. The company has a wide range of departments, there is literally an area for everyone to find a career. Protection 1 is not just a job, but a career.
Great benefits and good co-workers
Commercial Installer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 23, 2017
I have been with this company for almost 2 years now and have had a great time with them. They are very organized and have great benefits. As a technician you do a lot of driving and meeting new people to hone your customer service skills.
Benefits
Cons
long drives
Great work atmosphere.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2017
The work here is good and the pay is also good.
The supervisors are willing to work with you on anything.
They provide for anything you need, and even give you great benefits.
Customer Servcie
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2017
Striving to grow business by organic sales and building strong sales team and building strong relationship between operations and sales and admin for a committed delivery to it's clients.
Pros
Learned New Systems
Cons
Not Many
Good Company
Protection One (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 17, 2017
A good company on the move. If you are in Wichita, there isnt much available except for call center positions which is why I left but a solid company to work for.
Good Environment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJApril 14, 2017
I worked for Protection One and if it wasn't for there relocation I would of stayed in for a lot longer. Great work and Learning skills. Good place to move up the ladder and progress personally as well.
Pros
Hours
Cons
n/a
Outside sales
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALApril 10, 2017
Job involves visiting existing customers to maintain relationship and presenting products to new customers to solve security problems and provide safety.
Pros
Flexible scheduling