Protection One, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work, learn a lot
Residential Installer (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXNovember 20, 2016
.Go to customers homes and either install a new security system or fix a current one they have. Learn how to be a people person, how to run wires, network cameras and a lot more. Everyone there is cool and relaxed, like a big family.
Could be a productive and fun place to work...with revising the point system and judging hearts could change to care when people are really sick
Monitoring Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 2, 2016
It could be a great place to work if it weren't for so many rules and stress for numbers...you only hear when something is wrong more than when you do the right thing. Supervisors are stressed and they put their stress on the employees. A lot of favoritism.
Pros
Nice breakroom & benefits
Cons
Rules and point system is unfair and they could care more about their employees than the numbers.
Protecting Businesses is a rock solid business investment
Small Business/Commercial Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 28, 2016
Call on customer, network or cold call for new customer, make sure installs go in correctly. I have advanced through the years in design of security systems. Management allows our own style to emerge and our co workers are same in mind set. The hardest part of of the job, is the company merging so many times, and customers not sure if you are still working there. The most enjoyable part of the job is protecting business and showing business owners a return on their investment. Getting referrals for excellence in Customer Service.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Company leads are very few
Terrible management/work environment.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 27, 2016
Management could care less what you have to say. Their way or the highway. Mandatory OT. THey schedule it for you. Customers are jerks because the service is so bad. Best part about the company is the actual monitoring. Don't care to save customers until it's too late. Run while you can.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Best Job Ever
Admnistrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 17, 2016
Branches all have basically the same positions, but can differ greatly in the way they are set up. The branch I work for has great management who lets you know what your job is and leaves you alone to do it. You are given daily and monthly metrics and that is the criteria for doing your job. You know what is expected of you and there's no drama. Techs can earn extra money by up selling services and by managing their monthly productivity. They receive bonuses monthly. Customer phone calls are few and far between as they are routed through customer service in Wichita for assistance. Service calls are expected to be run within a 24 hour time period, so there are not many complaints to ever deal with anyway. The company does not have hidden charges in their contracts for Installation fees to be charged after you were sold a "free" system and other such creepy practices like Vivint and others. I have worked at four different alarm/low voltage companies and this is the best of the best! Routine cook outs keep the branch team close and interactive. Not all branches are ideal, so try to get input regarding the branch in your area. The company is solid and responsible. P1 recently bought ADT and is in the process of bringing them into and up to P1 standards.
Pros
Management, location, employees
Cons
The change of bringing ADT into the company
Wonderful employee oriented company
National Account/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 25, 2016
Working for this company for over 20 years I grew my office and management experience many levels. I was sad to leave this company due to moving for my spouse's job relocation and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a career.
Alarm management under control
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNAugust 15, 2016
Vivint is the new name for this company. They do an excellent job at teamwork when I was a new employee. It took me a little extra time to grasp the concepts of different types of alarms but my coworkers helped me out.
Pros
free coffee
Scheduler
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2016
I made outgoing calls to set up appointments for sales. Customer decided if they wanted home security. Learned a little bit about security and worked on my sales skills. With this company learned how to deal with rejection.
Run Run Run.. Management is out of touch
Small Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2016
Upper managment has no clue how to manage people. Its more important to look like they have it together rather than it actually being true. They have no concept of how to treat people with respect or how to manage sales people. Local sales managers do nothing to motivate and because they dont understand products dont do any real training. Turnover is very high due to a lack of leadership. If you want to work in this industry go anywhere but here. You wont make any money or get training. These people are not professionals and motivate by threats of termination.

Advice to owners would be to hire better managers rather than hiring friends.
Pros
National Brand
Cons
No leadership and corp is out of touch with sales
Worst company I've ever worked for
Monitoring representative (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJJune 21, 2016
I was their best employee, they had the worst PTO policy, worst attendance policy, and you have to raise your hand to go to the bathroom!! And you can't go over 30 minutes of break time for the 8 hours you slave yourself to! Horrible company ... Horrible supervisors .. They had mold 2 times in 2 years and when you're sick they penalize you horrifically!! Everyone sleeps with everyone by the way and it's the worst revolving door of a company!! Stay far away! And all they discuss is policy and are strict with it, and they don't value their employees unless you kiss their butts!! Good luck! Lol
Pros
Bringing home a paycheck
Cons
Everything else
CompanyTakeover
Team Leader (Customer Support Department) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 15, 2016
I learned that when a company buys out another company, several things can change. Positions, people and location. Loved my job when it was one company and tried to when it became another one.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
Positions eliminated without notice
Keep looking!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 15, 2016
The management only care about numbers whether they are accurate or not. They micro manage all service technicians on the daily. A number of experienced techs have gone to other companies due to the management there. If you like playing the numbers game and being micromanaged daily then this might be a good fit for you. Plan on your management never answering the phone either. They will call you or email you when you're doing something wrong, then you can talk to them.
Benefits
Cons
Need to go counseling to be able to work there.
Would never work there again.
Fire Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2016
The management just cares about their number, not their customers or their employees. I wouldn't go back for 40 dollars an hour. I would look at all other options before taking a job with this company, which is about to be ADT. Hope this helps with your job hunting.
Good company
Collections Representative I (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 25, 2016
This is a good company to work for. It is fast paced and things are always changing on a daily basis. They were the 2nd largest alarm company and from what I have heard moving into the 1st spot as the largest company. The management you work for is willing to work with you if you are adaptable for change. The hardest part about the job is if your child gets sick and you have no back up plan.
Pros
Benefits are good and bonus potential
Cons
Prove your worth
Not what i expected
Account rep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 28, 2016
When i first started training all was good everybody kept saying we are a family were so happy here all lies the people there are cliquey the supervisors are horrible they don't know what there talking about im just there for a paycheck until i find another job i dread going everyday drama and fake people. There is a huge turn over they had 4 training classes since ive been there and they are having to start hiring again cause people keep quiting as soon as they get trained for national accounts they quit. Wow
Pros
You get 2 days off back to back so you dont have to be there
Cons
Terrible supervisors they are not experienced or mature
It has good benefits but when it comes to the salary the dont take into consideration your work.
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2016
It's an okay job its not very fair when it comes to the salary to the co workers who put in their time and effort. The possibilities of progressing are very low in these company
benefits
Cons
salary
Great Company
Commercial Accounts Rep I (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2016
Fast, fun, work environment. Great customers. Management works with you to help you grow within the company. Many team activities.
Fun work enviroment and I learned something new everyday.
Emergency Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Manasquan, NJMarch 21, 2016
A typical work day is 8-16 hours
Management is great very supportive and understanding
My co-workers are great
I learn how to deal with extremely difficult situations and different people everyday
I get a variety of different situations everyday
It was a learning experience.
Customer Service - Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I learned from working here, phones and irate customers, learning to dispatch techs to private homes to fix the home alarms. Managed the front office until transferred to customer service.
nice place to work, clean foosball table in break room
Commercial Account Representative I (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2016
Protection one is a great company to work for the supervisors and managers and CEO are very kind and friendly, Its like working in pleasant town. It's fast pace and very easy to promote if you apply yourself. In fact they encourage you to move up and apply for new positions. Again a great place to work especially for a young person who would like to start a career. Managers take care of the employees.The coworkers are great it's like they hand pick people, no drama what so ever. I learned a lot about customer service dealing with commercial businesses more and there you do more than just one thing. You wear many hats, customer service, tech support, video, The most enjoyable part of the job is you don't have to wait 3 years to have the schedule you may want if you apply yourself. The key to this job is Be on time for work and lunch and breaks. come to work and be pleasant learn as much as you can and your life will be successful at Protection One.
Pros
great company to work for, Professional environment
Cons
Maybe hard to get the type of schedule you want.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protection One, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7