Protection One, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good Job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 31, 2017
Decent job. Pays well. Good support system. Paid while training. Strict attendance policy. Not family friendly regrading taking leave for children. Points per day absent.
Productive and enjoyable
Internship|Fitness Center Director (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDOctober 27, 2017
I have really enjoyed working at Protection One. It has been an-amazing job opportunity and I heave learned so many valuable people and social skills.
Pros
easy to work with
Cons
seasonal job
Good company to work for but often times stressful
Service coordinator, Dispatcher, Technical support (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 17, 2017
Overall it was a good company to work for. The work kept you busy so they days went fairly fast. They offered decent healthcare, paid vacation time and sick days.
would go back to work here if it was still around
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
If i could go back to this job i would now knowing what i know about the job and do better at it and it would be fun to do that kind of work, so yes i would go back
Pros
lots of benefits
Cons
nothing
Good and fun work place
Commercial Account Representative 1 (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 26, 2017
While working hard the management try to make it fun as well. They really do appreciate all the workers and try to make it a fun environment. Usually have a lot of OT people can sign up for, great for whoever wants to come in early, stay late or come in on your days off.
Pros
Always have OT availabe
Cons
Shift hours
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 16, 2017
Early start of the day, management usually asked if you could handle more work before laying more on you, fast paces environment with phones, data entry
Pros
You were given recongnition for a good job
Cons
sometimes you had to cut breaks short to get into fast paced
Fun place to work: great customers and employees
Customer service representative I (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 8, 2017
A typical day at work was answering customer service calls for an alarm monitoring company. I learned how to reset alarm systems, take payments and set up and revise business and individual accounts. Management was great ...always implementing new and better ways to satisfy the customers. We have a diversity of culture working here. The hardest part of my job was setting up the alarm system to work from the customer's smart phone. The most enjoyable part of my customer service job was the customer and the employees!
Pros
Free Meals / Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners were provided
Cons
Some managers didn't coach their teams as well as others
Adt/p1
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 31, 2017
Due to the acquisition our culture has changed. It's unfortunate and heartbreaking. There are good people that work there.But the good does not outweigh the not so good. Middle Management needs cultural guidance.
Growing Industry
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manasquan, NJAugust 20, 2017
The security alarm industry is fast growing with updated technology frequently applied. Fast paced and need for technicians to be available around the clock.
Pros
Job security and room for advancement
Cons
Having to be available 24 hours daily
good
Resale and Relocations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 28, 2017
Starwood has grown exponentially since I worked there. I was fortunate to have been in the first hiring class so I witnessed their hiring process for management.
Worst place I ever worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita KSJuly 24, 2017
If you enjoy being yelled at by customers who think because they are paying $12 a month for monitoring they are ENTITLED to have a service tech come out at midnight to fix their system, if you enjoy being micromanaged by managers who play favorites and have nothing else to do but stand around and visit with each other all shift but insist it is such a great place to work and how promotions abound (they don't!) and enjoy a company with turnover of over 100% in 6 months or less then come on down. There is a reason they have a sign in front of the building saying they are hiring that has been there for over 2 years---nobody wants to work there and for good reason. Don't walk---RUN away from this company and don't think of applying. McDonald's would be a better place to work than here. Oh yeah, and the pay isn't anything for the stress level of the job either.
Pros
Cons
The whole job and the company itself
Working for a monitoring station was amazing
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLJuly 24, 2017
I was in charge of saving people's lives, businesses, homes, and property. I had to make sure that I was typing everything correctly in the computer so that the information could be relayed to the correct authorities in a timely manner to ensure that. That was an amazing feeling each and every day for 12 years.
Pros
we had fun
Not a terrible place
Monitor representative/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67202July 14, 2017
Working for Protection One has been great. My managers are fun people and my co-workers are the best. The job itself is my only complaint. I hate to sit still and dealing with some of the people over the phone gets annoying.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Nothing job related
A job best for recent grads seeking quick employment
Monitoring Rep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 7, 2017
Nice coworkers and some of the Supervisors and managers are genuinely caring. 24/7 company and unlimited over time is available. Benefits available after 30 days.
Rough place to work
Sales/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2017
Much was expected with not much training. Long hours, no time off, fast paced, no raises, and bad communication from management to service techs. Would not recommend working for this company.
Was a good place to work. LOVED the co-workers
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2017
Very great place to work. Management at the time I was there was great. Do not know about current since ADP employees took over the company the culture and job security changed.
Boring
Monitor Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 23, 2017
Very boring in monitoring department esp. 3rd shift. You cant do anything but watch the screen and try to stay awake. They discouraged talking to co workers on the floor, reading or listening to books/ radio. Schedules were set in stone and no fluctuation regardless of the reason even though they assure you beforehand that they will accommodate. Mandatory OT at the very last minute.
Pros
Possibly saving some ones life
Cons
Boring, slow paced, strict
Protection One
Monitoring Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 22, 2017
I was really glad to be working at protection one for the time that I did. The manager's were so awesome and they eased the strain of sitting at a computer all day long.
Busy, workplace
Inventory Coordinator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  MontanaJune 18, 2017
Enjoyed working with the customers and technicians on resolving day to day issues. Was able to resolve difficult issues, thinking through my response. Supported and provided all admin duties to owners and supervisor. Received multiple employee awards, monthly and annually. Customers requested me by name. Happy most when I was able to listen and provide the customer the best avenue for resolution. Prepped technicians daily with their schedules and supplies needed for their jobs.
Pros
M-F (dayshift) schedule
Cons
Not enough technicians to complete schedule work
I don't remember
NOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 17, 2017
It was like a Call Center . I answered the phone and assisted with the customer through the phone and remote assistance. It was very boring and not enough work to keep me busy.
Pros
Cons
no cooment