Protection One, Inc.

Protection One, Inc. Employer Reviews

A great foundation for entry level dispatchers
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Long BeachSeptember 19, 2014
The training class is amazing. It creates a solid foundation for a dispatcher.
Pay's a bit low, but it can be fun
Former Employee (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, business casual
Cons: some folks need more "how to treat people" training
Worked there for years, so I did enjoy it. Would recommend over the multinationals I worked for before and after (though the pay was better with the multinationals).
Multitasking Environment combining with listening skills.
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Manasquan, NJAugust 30, 2014
Pros: my co-workers and managers made our environment enjoyable
Working in an environment that every call was crucial for the Alarm Company Protection One made me into a great mutitasker, listener and customer service agent. We worked for the police, fire and medical department and we had to react fast on our emergency calls because they were life or death situations. I was the best customer service efficient and – more... proactive personnell in Protection One. I am very Proud to had worked for Protection One. – less
Unpredictable and busy all day.
Alarm Monitoring Agent (Former Employee), Longwood, FloridaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great pay and great working conditions.
Cons: short breaks, short lunch and mandated on a regular basis.
Never a dull moment. Always busy and no time to slack. Co-workers were very helpful and kind. Assistance of supervisors was excellent.
This position is in the field
1 SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 19, 2014
A great place to work
It is straight commission
You work your own hours
It was a decent place to work,,,low pay
Commercial alarm installer (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLAugust 18, 2014
Just a job,,,not too much of a future for long term. I was happy to move forward and past this company
Life at Protection 1
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great customer
Cons: pay
A typical work day is fast pace, answering over 50 call a days, troubleshooting the alarm system, taking payment, setting up a service call, review actions that need to be work. The hardest part of the job is not being trained in product that we offer at protection 1. The most enjoyable part of the day is speaking with the different customer and solving – more... their problems. – less
dont like customers dont work here
customer service rep 1 (Former Employee), wichita ksJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, paid holidays
Cons: terrible training method.
pretty good at getting you hired, good benefits but training is OK, they don't do a lot to help you if you haven't worked in a call center before. extremely monotonous. pay isn't that great to be yelled at by customers. do not equip you well enough for your first time on the phones. the onboarding manager is pretty sweet, not a lot of promise for advancement. – more... I worked there about 2 weeks and absolutely hated every moment of it. if you don't like customers yelling at you. then don't work here. 99% of all calls are people complaining about their bill being too high or their system not working. definatley a job that's not worth it. – less
Felt like another body to fill up a seat.
Monitoring Rep II (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 16, 2014
This company was two faced, it would say one thing to get you in the door and then say another when you worked the floor.
P1 Experience
Account Creation and Testing Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, work enviroment
Cons: can be monotonous, basic call center work issues
Working at Protection One has been an over all great experience. They have excellent benefits and a decent cooperate environment. Day to day work can be monotonous and even difficult, However the training is great and there are people willing to assist you with any problems you might come across. Management is understanding and wonderful employees as – more... well. Many employees stay for years and are able to make careers for themselves within the company. – less
Great job and had an arcade game too!
Alarm Dispatcher/commercial and residential (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMay 17, 2014
I felt like I had a very important job and was happy to make sure others were safe.
Great job
Dispatcher II (Former Employee), irving txMay 15, 2014
Pros: overal great company
Cons: advasncement
Was a wonderful place to work in all worked with customers and tech about alarms dispatched on aalrms and light technical support waS GREAT ATMOSPHERE co workers had good relationships. Management was superiror
Overall?
Customer Service Rep. I (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches and contests
Cons: no leanience on scheduling and not a whole lot of coaching.
Training takes 3 months to finish, which is fine because there is so much to learn. You go on the phone in phases. However, they're not exactly specific with what you need to work on as an individual. I'd work there again, though. The hardest part of the job is getting your schedule changed. Once you pick one, that's pretty much your schedule for the – more... next year. The most enjoyable part, are your coworkers. Not necessary your supervisors, but the people who are on the same pay-grade as you are. Everyone is very help, though. – less
UPBEAT FUN PLACE; TEAM ORIENTED
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 13, 2014
Pros: pot locks and free food
Cons: training
Protection One is highly proud of their name and values. It can be a fun place, at times easy, by challenging to work. must be assertive and a fast thinker to work here.
Happy place to work
Testing Department Operator (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXApril 19, 2014
Pros: coworkers, management, nice facility, learning environment
Cons: cannot think of any
Enjoyed my co-workers, supervisors and Managment.
Became familiar with alarm systems and the monitoring process.
Pinnacle Security part2
Sales (Current Employee), Orem, UtahApril 2, 2014
Pros: lying vp's and regional sales managers
Cons: they are all "cons"
The sales side of Pinnacle Security was purchased over some back room dealings. The sales side split from Pinnacle and overnight became P1. It's the same old garbage just in a different dress. Beware anyone applying for a position with this company. They are clannish and if your not Mormon your not in their little click you will be weeded out, regardless – more... as to how much you produce and revenue you generate. They are like locust going from company to company selling their ideas and bankrupting that host company only to move on to the next when the money train derails. – less
Not Very productive and has alot of turnover
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT REP I (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 27, 2014
Cons: 30 min lunches, short breaks, clock out to use restroom which is ridiculious
Mangement could use a class or two, because it lacks alot of employer to employee communication. The company does not value its employees more focused on numbers. No bonuses given from a company than ranks itself No2 in Nation. Most employees just go to work because they need the money. In most cases its a JOB not an Adventure.
Productive and caring work environment
Monitor Technician I (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 6, 2014
Pros: lost of attendence rewards and acknowledgement for great work presented
Cons: dealing with upset customers on a daily basis
A typical day of work dealt with repetitive questions and circumstances but there was always room for improvement as well as trying to figure out ways to get the call completed as quickly as possible with satisfying the customer needs. I learned how to deal with many types of attitudes and how to properly defuse situations to assist the customers as – more... well as the company.
The management was there when you needed them, I did not interact much with management due to my knowledge of the job.
Coworkers are friendly and helpful when you need them and will help with questions prior to needed the assistance of management. The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was so repetitive that it made time sit at a stand still at times. The help and security that was provided to the customer including the willingness for the coworker to assist you when a problem arise. – less
Sales Staff Quit at a 98% turn-over rate, in just 7 months!
Residential Security Consultant (sales) (Former Employee), Irving, TexasFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: benefits were decent
Cons: terrible management, no sound business model.
A Short Career with Protection One

My start date with Protection One residential sales was June 3rd 2013. They hired 6 of us, all without any discernible reason. If you could use the bathroom and hit the water you were on-board.

The “training” was fragmented, catch-as-catch can and haphazard to give a mild description. In the first 30 days 3 of the – more... 6 new hires quit without drama. None were asked to leave.

Moving into the field we were told there are 2 kinds of sales; “self-gens” and “company leads.” The high priority went to “self-generated” sales. These “sell-gens” were achieved by knocking on the doors of strangers and referrals. Sales from company leads paid about 1/3 of “self-gens” because as explained, these leads cost marketing money to produce.

Management mouthed the term “self-gen” with a frequency akin to GEICO™ insurance advertising. This repetition did not boost morale or increase sales by any discernible measure.

Our sales literature claimed Protection One to be the second largest electronic security company in the industry. Advertising within our metropolitan trading area and throughout the nation was and still is practically non-existent. In the absence of radio, television and print promotions we were a no-name enterprise even among competitors. This made “self-gen” sales that much harder to accomplish.

Payment of our commissions was a Byzantine bureaucratic struggle that involved multiple websites and signatures even after the contracts were signed, money collected and security systems installed. We often had to wait an extra 14 days to receive large portions of pay.

Discussions with management about the troubles around compensation were greeted phrases like “I don’t have access to that”, “It is what it is” and “Well, we’re all in the same boat”.

Within 60 days of my June 3rd 2013 start date I was the only man standing out of the 6 new hires. One hundred twenty days after my hire our sales manager left us to micro-manage some other beleaguered souls at ADT.

News came to us that Protection One had acquired a smaller company to lead our residential sales team. This company was rumored to have a Better Business Bureau rating of “F” and a litany of litigation due to non-compliance of various state laws. Rumor gave way to self-verification by visiting contractors from the acquisition. These “F” rated folks were to direct us in the field. They in-turn answered only to their out-of-state superiors. Months of delay and manic decision-making obstructed the path to future consumer complaints. I guess someone thought our company culture of excellent customer service coupled with an A+ rating would somehow inform this newly purchased unpleasant reputation.

By November 2013, 2 of the 4 salesmen on-board for about a year’s tenure took a powder. This left the residential sales department with just 3 of us and no manager. Three salesmen were all that remained to respond to company leads. According to the last U.S. Census our market space has a population count of 6,526,548 and encompasses 9,286 square miles. At this juncture, we were told to abandon our “self-gen” efforts.

In mid-January the acquisition’s sales manager moved to our area. Without a word to us he took the company leads from us and pocketed the sales for himself. Our local management objected but alas, was powerless to stop his thievery. The new manager participated in benefits like us, but received no salary or performance bonuses and no cell phone or gasoline allowances. Unlike a traditional sales manager he had no stake in our success. Clearly he needed to use our company leads to produce income. This was also a way to starve us into knocking on cold doors in the cold winter.

I resigned by quietly returning my laptop and security badge to the branch administrator. I’m certain no one was surprised. – less
good enviorment
Tech Support (Former Employee), Orem, UTFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: communication to employees
it was a good company but kind of sketchy with the pay the tried to lower it out of no where.

1 2 3 4 5

About Protection One, Inc.

Safety is the #1 priority for Protection One (P-One). The company provides security alarm monitoring services to about 1.5 million – Read more