Protection One, Inc.

Protection One, Inc. Employer Reviews

could have been a much better
Commercial Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2015
Management was awful and seemed to never have a clear clue of what was needed to make things better. the work was typical security alarm stuff but the day to day management of employees, jobs, schedules and customers were terrible.
Difficult, demanding and stressful
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland OregonDecember 31, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no training, poor management, hostile workplace
Management lacks vision, sets unrealistic goals, and refuses to properly train employees. Employee is expected to have immediate understanding of job roles and expert level of performance at all times. Job related training is non-existent, employee is expected to meet all goals at all times.

Would not recommend working for company on any level.
I loved working for this company and am looking for another one simular.
Service Tech III (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2014
I wasnt sure what the day would bring when I walked in every morning.
I loved that! It was somthing new every day but nothing you wouldn't be able to handle.
The management staff was always happy and ready to help.
Great opportunity amazing time with good people.
sales manager (Former Employee), Lubbock TexasOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great pay and packages
Cons: long hours into the night.
Was an amazing company to work for with great people all around. flexible hours of work so you make your own schedule.
terrible company..."slave drivers"
residential sales manager (Former Employee), ohioOctober 22, 2014
Pros: was reassured on the daily how attractive i was.
Cons: no pay. messed up pay checks. constantly being hit on. no training no support...
I was a former sales manager. If you could spell your name they will hire you. I had no training whatsoever. They kept putting more and more on my plate and no compensation. They would have me recruit,hire,train,and maintain sales myself plus dealing with complaining customers calling in the branch and not compensating me for the time they took away from me selling. Also required me to drive to another branch almost 2 hrs away twice aweek with out giving me any car allowance. I was working 50+ hrs a week.It seemed like i was paying them to work. They love to work you hard and pay you less. And i was constantly told how "smoking hot" i was. As a young professional woman that is not something you want to hear from a general manager old enought to be my father. Plus they will deduct your commission as much as they can. I made several sales and got less then $100 for them and being on straight commission that was not enough for me to live on.
This is a challenging environment for IT
Sr. SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: very compelling purpose to work - life safety, challenge of multiple data centers and a need for true 24 x 7
Cons: overly politicized environment for such a small organization, issues with insufficient resources and mismanaged priorities
. Strongly count the cost if you're a SQL Server DBA. There's been 6-7 of them pass through in the last few years and two have left in the April 2014.

After two significant reduction in forces over the past few years that may have cut the workforce in half, it appears the staff is significantly affected. Not only is there a significant lack of resources, these cut really affected morale. This may explain a level of insecurity that drives IT management to work against one another.

There is perpetually a concern for being sold, which common place across the industry. This leads to additional cutbacks, which drive more concern.

I suspect some number of those who remain will likely be making a way toward a door, soon. There is someone leaving from a relatively small IT department every month or so. Whether staying within the industry or moving onto new endeavors each will likely find an organization more appreciative of their talents, readily able to recognize and reward them.

I partnered with two guys in NJ work tirelessly for 12, 14, 16 hour days during the 2 weeks of hurricane Sandy in 2013. While I was safe in Dallas, these two had to deal with the aftermath of damage to their homes while working to keep the platforms running. These are the HEROES of P1, not the top salesman for Q3.

Those in the the decision maker role are sufficiently insulated from the discord that is so prevalent, because there is such attention given to accounts, contractors and sales.
A great foundation for entry level dispatchers
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Long BeachSeptember 19, 2014
The training class is amazing. It creates a solid foundation for a dispatcher.
Pay's a bit low, but it can be fun
Former Employee (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, business casual
Cons: some folks need more "how to treat people" training
Worked there for years, so I did enjoy it. Would recommend over the multinationals I worked for before and after (though the pay was better with the multinationals).
Multitasking Environment combining with listening skills.
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Manasquan, NJAugust 30, 2014
Pros: my co-workers and managers made our environment enjoyable
Working in an environment that every call was crucial for the Alarm Company Protection One made me into a great mutitasker, listener and customer service agent. We worked for the police, fire and medical department and we had to react fast on our emergency calls because they were life or death situations. I was the best customer service efficient and proactive personnell in Protection One. I am very Proud to had worked for Protection One.
Unpredictable and busy all day.
Alarm Monitoring Agent (Former Employee), Longwood, FloridaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great pay and great working conditions.
Cons: short breaks, short lunch and mandated on a regular basis.
Never a dull moment. Always busy and no time to slack. Co-workers were very helpful and kind. Assistance of supervisors was excellent.
This position is in the field
1 SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 19, 2014
A great place to work
It is straight commission
You work your own hours
It was a decent place to work,,,low pay
Commercial alarm installer (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLAugust 18, 2014
Just a job,,,not too much of a future for long term. I was happy to move forward and past this company
Life at Protection 1
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great customer
Cons: pay
A typical work day is fast pace, answering over 50 call a days, troubleshooting the alarm system, taking payment, setting up a service call, review actions that need to be work. The hardest part of the job is not being trained in product that we offer at protection 1. The most enjoyable part of the day is speaking with the different customer and solving their problems.
dont like customers dont work here
customer service rep 1 (Former Employee), wichita ksJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, paid holidays
Cons: terrible training method.
pretty good at getting you hired, good benefits but training is OK, they don't do a lot to help you if you haven't worked in a call center before. extremely monotonous. pay isn't that great to be yelled at by customers. do not equip you well enough for your first time on the phones. the onboarding manager is pretty sweet, not a lot of promise for advancement. I worked there about 2 weeks and absolutely hated every moment of it. if you don't like customers yelling at you. then don't work here. 99% of all calls are people complaining about their bill being too high or their system not working. definatley a job that's not worth it.
Felt like another body to fill up a seat.
Monitoring Rep II (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 16, 2014
This company was two faced, it would say one thing to get you in the door and then say another when you worked the floor.
P1 Experience
Account Creation and Testing Representative (Current Employee), Wichita, KSMay 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, work enviroment
Cons: can be monotonous, basic call center work issues
Working at Protection One has been an over all great experience. They have excellent benefits and a decent cooperate environment. Day to day work can be monotonous and even difficult, However the training is great and there are people willing to assist you with any problems you might come across. Management is understanding and wonderful employees as well. Many employees stay for years and are able to make careers for themselves within the company.
Great job and had an arcade game too!
Alarm Dispatcher/commercial and residential (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMay 17, 2014
I felt like I had a very important job and was happy to make sure others were safe.
Great job
Dispatcher II (Former Employee), irving txMay 15, 2014
Pros: overal great company
Cons: advasncement
Was a wonderful place to work in all worked with customers and tech about alarms dispatched on aalrms and light technical support waS GREAT ATMOSPHERE co workers had good relationships. Management was superiror
Overall?
Customer Service Rep. I (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches and contests
Cons: no leanience on scheduling and not a whole lot of coaching.
Training takes 3 months to finish, which is fine because there is so much to learn. You go on the phone in phases. However, they're not exactly specific with what you need to work on as an individual. I'd work there again, though. The hardest part of the job is getting your schedule changed. Once you pick one, that's pretty much your schedule for the next year. The most enjoyable part, are your coworkers. Not necessary your supervisors, but the people who are on the same pay-grade as you are. Everyone is very help, though.
UPBEAT FUN PLACE; TEAM ORIENTED
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 13, 2014
Pros: pot locks and free food
Cons: training
Protection One is highly proud of their name and values. It can be a fun place, at times easy, by challenging to work. must be assertive and a fast thinker to work here.

1 2 3 4 5

About Protection One, Inc.

Safety is the #1 priority for Protection One (P-One). The company provides security alarm monitoring services to¬†about 1.5¬†million – Read more