Protection One, Inc.

Protection One, Inc. Employer Reviews

Job is a cool enviroment to work in
Monitoring Representative (Current Employee), Longwood, FLNovember 20, 2013
Typical day at work is helping the customer and making sure they are safe.
inconsistent managers
Account Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 29, 2013
if they dont like you they will find something to get you fired for. you can ask 3 different managers the same question and get 3 different answers.
Poorly managed and disorganized.
Commercial Monitoring Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 13, 2013
Typical days tend to be relaxed.
Management is not interactive.
Co-workers are friendly and very helpful.
You have to find things out on your own, training is limited.
Most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
This company stinks to high heaven. In essence this company looks bad, smells bad, and is bad. (Protection One = Political Opportunity)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime and helped my 401k account out a lot
Cons: management staff stinks and is very political (protection one = political opportunity)
I was reading this e-mail and I wanted to make some comments about it. Please don't take this negative and I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but this e-mail along with what I will mention in this e-mail make me sick to my stomach. First of all; if Protection One spent more time with it's internal employees on promotional opportunities and less – more... time on external applicants on promotional opportunities then several things would occur in my estimation. We would have happier employees, a much lower turnover rate, & you wouldn't have employees like me going from full-time status to part-time status. I didn't totally take the position on with Coventry Healthcare due to the $0.30 increase in pay but because of a high level of dissatisfaction with the fact that I submitted for 24 internal positions within the last six months but couldn't cash in even with a perfect attendance record, working a ton of overtime, & I was always here. I would like to share with you one experience that I had recently. The department that I wanted to go to was AC&T. The supervisor that interviewed me in May & August 2012 told me that the only reason why I didn't get the position both times was because I didn't have the AC&T crosstraining but I explained that both times I wanted my name added to the list of people to be in the crosstraining class. In September or October there was a rumor that a AC&T crosstraining class was coming up and I asked my direct supervisor about this and after attending a supervisor meeting told me that there wasn't anything on the calendar for training for the rest of 2012. I just recently found out from a good friend in AC&T that they just had a AC&T crosstraining class. This makes me upset because I never was asked if I wanted to participate in the crosstraining class and proves to me that Protection One doesn't care about it's internal employees. I will always be a great employee to Protection One and I like my role now being part-time on Saturday & Sunday working 8:30 A.M. to 7:30 P.M. and I work Coventry Healthcare from 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday. Thank You for taking the time to read this but I felt like I had to make my feelings heard. – less
Good values
Alarm Technician (Current Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: met great people
Cons: pay was a little low for what we do
Company has a high rating with customers, and is a decent place to work as a technician, however, the pay is not as good as it could be. For this type of work, not only must you know how to install an alarm system, but how to interact with customers in a professional manner.
Need help with management
Monitoring Rep II (Former Employee), Cypress, CASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: we had shift potlucks for almost every holiday or birthday
Cons: management needs a lot of help
Working for Protection One was very stressful. You never knew what changes you were going to be hit with as you walked in the door. A lot of yelling from supervisors and miscommunication between employees and management. Management at Protection One (CMS) isn't one that's very easy to talk to. Its hard working for a company when you feel that if there – more... is a problem it will not get solved. My co workers and myself were more like family. We interacted well at work as well as outside of work. Till this day I still keep in touch with most of the people on my shift. I would say the hardest part of the job was "mandating". Having children and finding out ten minutes before you are off of work that you have to stay over 2-4 extra hours is a very inconvienant. Also if there is an emergency (sick in the hospital, death in family etc) and you are unable to make it to work you will be marked with a point. The company is on a point system which is a good and a bad thing. It seemed as if the company didn't understand that the employees lives don't start and end at work. – less
alarm montioring rep
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 27, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
answered alarm calls

micromanaged to the fullest and does not care about employees and management terrible
Fun place to work but stressful
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 23, 2013
Its was fun being a supervisor at this company but a little stressful because of employee cut backs
Nice place of employment
Licensing Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2013
Worked in the legal department. Nice environment and good people.
Very versitile company
Sr. Representative (Current Employee), Cypress, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: great supervisor team
Cons: inconsitentcy
Supervise reps in call center
manage schedules
instruct and guide team members
a pleasure to be around the customer service reps
toughest part is dealing with managements inconsistencies
best part of the job is that I have made some life time friends
Exceptional learning opportunity
Branch Sales Mgr / Corporate Quality Assurance Mgr (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 27, 2013
Pros: exceptional learning opportunity
Cons: unfortunately, this company didn't use the feedback gleaned from our reports to improve customer service.
I was hired to fill the portland branch sales mgr position.

Within about 6 months Protection One dissolved their internal sales dept and started the "Authorized Dealer Program".

I was then promoted to fill a new position for the company as the Cancel/Save or Retention dept manager. I re-named the dept "QUAD or Quality Assurance Department.

I was – more... provided 8 of the customer service reps to start the department with. I re-trained them with enhanced customer service skills and sales techniques. When an unhappy customer called the customer service dept wishing to cancel their service they were transferred to our department.

I taught them to first use empathy and listen to the customer complaints. Then to put themselves in the shoes of the caller to identify with their experiences. Then to provide the type of solution the CSR would expect if they were that customer. We were empowered to offer a free month of monitoring service or a free service call if necessary.

By keeping statistical information regarding the quantity of callers, the type of reasons to cancel (monitoring response, installation or equipment service issues, billing issues, being transferred too many times, etc) we were able to see where we were failing as a company.

Having spent about two years in this position and having to handle the worst of the worst calls, I learned what it takes to provide excellent customer service and how to empathize with distraught callers. By providing excellent service, bonding with the caller and earning their trust we were able to save a high percentage of the would-be cancellations.

This experience shaped my attitude about practicing what I call "Customer First" service – less
Not the Same Company After Sale
Technical Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 18, 2013
After Protection One was sold, the company became entirely "profit driven", at the expense of being the "People/Employee Focused" company it had been
Serious workplace with little co-worker interaction
Monitoring and Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 14, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: pay not comensurate with duties
Busy workplace monitoring security systems in large corporations and residences around the United States. This a demanding position with lives and property at stake. This is a position that requires licensing in the states that Protection One Services.

My co-workers are great
Dispatcher/ Monitoring Rep (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 26, 2013
Pros: win nice gifts during the holidays
Cons: short breaks, had to clock out just to use the restroom
Come right to the desk, log into computer and fix phone settings. Be ready to take my first call or alarm once Im in my seat.
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: people and industry
Cons: investment company..
Great people to work with but environment is changing due to GTCR buying company and ramping up sales and trimming down support to put itself in position to sell company.
Very stressful work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 5, 2013
Pros: good commision
Cons: short breaks, co workers stealing sales, bad management
As a inbound sales consultant i'd take inbound phone calls for new or existing customers. I'd ask questions to help design a security system for the customers home or add equipment to existing customers homes. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers feel more at ease in there home with the security system. The hardest part of the job – more... was trying to close a sale when the security systems were extremely expensive. – less
Productive work place , high stress
Branch Admin (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 9, 2013
Pros: knowing i help customers to feel safe in there homes or businesses.
Cons: not having the full support of my management staff.
I'm the main contact for the entire branch. I work closely with my General Manager and operation supervisor. I handle Payroll for the entire branch. I distribute sales leads to the sales team.
Sales rep bring in contracts for me review and submit to are order entry team to create jobs, so are installer can go out and install the alarm systems. The installers – more... would bring all paperwork once the job has been completed and I would review all paper work again and submit to are Order entry team to close out the jobs.
I also place all the ordering of supplies for the branch. – less
Long Hours 24 Hour workplace
Customer Specialist Monitoring Representative (Former Employee), Cypress, CAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: fun, great co-workers and managers
The pay was good and lots of overtime was always available, I learned a lot about alarm and emergency monitoring and laws. Also did customer Service as well so it was incoming and outgoing call center. Always something to do, and I enjoy keeping busy.
Fast paced work environment
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 11, 2013
Fast paced work environment. The position I held was very demanding and stressfull. Most of the staff was very fun to work with over the years.
Sales Coordinator
Sales Coordinator/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack of advancement
Sales Coordinator/Customer Service Representative
- Direct contact with customers to identify needs and deliver quality services and products.
- Commitment to providing value added services to external and internal customers, including product knowledge, technical support and quality service in a timely manner.
- Creating and maintaining customer peace – more... of mind. – less

About Protection One, Inc.

Safety is the #1 priority for Protection One (P-One). The company provides security alarm monitoring services to¬†about 1.5¬†million – Read more