Protective Life Corporation Employee Reviews

Protective is a good work environment
Contract Services Associate I-II (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILJune 1, 2017
Cool place to work. Not alot of flexibility a basic 8am-5pm job. Management is okay. Protective needs to be up with the times of today work enviroment.
Managers aren't great!
Contract Services Associate II (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILMay 12, 2017
Not the best place to work at. Management is horrible. Do not back their employees up. The expect too much from employees with little pay. Reviews are based on if your manager likes you.
Protective
Contract Services/Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILMay 7, 2017
Growing company with opportunity advancement. They offer many different positions in several departments. Well staffed, great managers, that are well knowledged
I do not regret spending the last eighteen years at Protective.
Senior Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2017
worked for Protective for 18 years. Retired from Protective with excellent employment history. Very good company which meets all your rating requirements
Pros
good benefits including wellness
Cons
differences of employees who are hourly versus salary
Upstanding Morals, Great People
Manager, Contact Center Operations (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2017
The employees are some of the friendliest you will ever meet. The company has strong morals and does a lot of work in the community. I have learned so much in my time here.
A very family oriented place to work
Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 21, 2017
it is a great job for anyone who is young and want to grow with a company. it is a dress casual place of business. Friendly co workers and a good work place.
Pros
Good Benefits
Very low pay, subpar benefits
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNFebruary 28, 2017
Extremely low pay for what the job entails. Micromanagers that expect overtime. Some employees work two jobs to make ends meet. You are expected to clock in and out for breaks, lunch, worktime, etc. Very big brother and like an assembly line at a factory. Someones making money there but its not the people doing the actual work.
Pros
Its a job but thats about it.
Cons
Low pay, low benefits, no room for advancement or work life balance.
Productive place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2017
Overall a good company to work for. Education is available to further your skills. Ability to work remote is also available if you wish to. Co-workers offer assistance when needed
Pros
On site fitness facility
Cons
Benefits, helathcare
Great coworkers horrible managment and training
Claim exaiminer (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 19, 2016
I was employed with protective for 5 years. I lived an breathed this company. I started in the annuity contact center and worked very hard to be as productive as I could and master all of the different products that were handled. After being burned out by call center work and a new system being put in place that monitors every second of your day, I applied for a position in the claims department. The training in this department was awful I was trained by a representative who was barely meeting their own goals. My systems were not fully up and running for 6 months. I struggled to met expectations which no one else was held to besides me (every claim looked at 100%). It was an awful transition hr ended up getting involved and was shocked at the lack if training I received. The training in the call center was also awful I learned everything on my own, with no financial background. This is not a good choice if you have done the exact same work at another life insurance company. The pay is slightly higher than average but the amount of stress is not worth the one or two dollars more an hour. I reffered a few people to this company while working there and no one stayed longer than a few months, and they were qualified canitdiates.
Pros
Great volunteer opputunties, awsome coworkers, slightly higher pay than comparable companies
Cons
Horrible managment, micro managing, managment acted very superior. Awful training
Room For Improvement
Operational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 29, 2016
Overall, the company structure doesn't allow for vertical movements. The management does not work well with employees, nor do they feel invested in those employees. Ultimately, I resigned from the position.
Pros
Community involvments, paid holidays
Cons
Micomanagement, Lack of conern for personel
Good job
IT analyst intern (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 19, 2015
I liked it and it was a good IT experience.. I would work there again. My boss was awesome and the job was not stressful. I also learned a lot of new things.
Productive environment
Insurance Administration (Current Employee) –  BirminghamSeptember 21, 2015
Productive environment. Supportive Management. Decent amount of red tape and politics but expected of a company of that size. Great support group and coworkers who loves to help.
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 28, 2015
My typical day consists of logging into a phone system and conducting interviews. There is an occasional shift between inbound and outbound calls and call times are widely ranged.
Qa/trainer/ar specialist
QA/TRAINER/AR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  DALLAS TEXASApril 9, 2015
Post and balance billing. Train new employees. Reconcile and collect on past due accounts. Check system and billing for accuracy.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Laid-off
Fast paced productive work place
Policy Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 2, 2015
Nice place to work with valid benefits. The true value is in the service to the customers and the people with whom you work. Leadership is clear, fair and respectful of life/work balance.
Over all protective is a great company to work for, opportunity to grow
Access Operator II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 23, 2015
Productive, great attitude, when ask to do another work task will do my best with a smile. I prepped and scanned life, annuity , and term life insurance files to be put out on occorde, meaning out on the system to be veiwed by customers. Sometimes worked on special projects that had a time limit on.
Pros
Provide my own lunch, have my own car, i come ready to work.
Cons
There is never a boring moment at protecive always something going on, there are different activities to participate in arts crafts, singing in the choir, fun times during football season etc.
No room for growth
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 21, 2014
Fun, laid back environment which helps deal with the stress (for some people) of daily activities. However, some departments do let ALOT go unpunished and what was fun at the start tends to turn into mismanagement.
Pros
Flex Hours
Cons
Managment
great company to work for
corp accounting (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2014
great company to work for,
onsite gym
care about employees' work-life balance
provide on job training
Friendly people, business casual culture, short workday on Fridays, good location
Business Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2014
Awesome learning experience as an intern, I was able to shadow several different departments I found interesting. Everyone is very helpful, nice, and genuine.
Great job
Senior Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 3, 2014
great place to work , enjoyed the associates and company while I was working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protective Life Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8