Protegrity is the world's most recognized and trusted solutions provider for data security. As the innovation leader in the data security space, with a powerful set of customers on the Fortune 1000 world-wide list. If you want to be part of a high growth, innovative, yet established in the marketplace software company, where you can have an immediate impact – then Protegrity is the company for you. Protegrity’s mission is to protect the most valuable assets that a company has: its data – from acquisition to deletion. The Protegrity Data Security Platform continuously safeguards sensitive information throughout its lifecycle with patented database, file, and application encryption as well as integrated data security key management and high performing tokenization of sensitive data. Protegrity provides competitive compensation and a stock option program to reward success!
Provide sales results combining sales skill and technical and business knowledge support to Protegrity’s business plan.
Due to expansion of our offerings, Protegrity is seeking a highly seasoned sales person to support our business. We are seeking “A” players who have extensive experience in selling into complex accounts in all major industries such as retail, healthcare, finance, manufacturing and transportation. The ability to prospect and initiate deals independently is a must. The Account Executive will be backed up by a strong technical and marketing team focused on protecting sensitive data across the client organization. Key success factors include the ability to:
- Engage and present at various levels of the IT Operations and IT Security organizations
- Penetrate an account and effectively communicate the Protegrity value proposition
- Follow up to ensure sufficient momentum within the account to ensure a sale
- Use available resources to connect with DBAs, Sys Admins, Developers, IT Security professionals and their managers and directors
- Master appropriate technical aspects of the Protegrity solution including encryption, role based access control, and tokenization and data security technology.
- Engage and network within the client organization and Protegrity and its partners to deliver a solution
- Work with SalesForce and other systems for sales process and management.
- Prospect within organizations and follow up on leads, lists and demand generation activities.
This position works with prospects to understand the prospect’s systems, their business issues, data flow and unique problems. The chosen candidate must be able to gain the customer’s confidence to such a degree that the prospects see Protegrity as the solution to their data security requirements.
As part of the sales team, you must be able to go create the opportunity to present the Protegrity offering from a technical and business point of view. Success is measured in closed deals and implementations that occur as planned during the sales cycle. This may take a series of meetings – in person or remote - and requires: excellent listening skills, ability to gather requirements, translating requirements into the right solution, excellent writing skills, addressing competitive alternatives, and the ability to create the need and relationships to ensure success.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
Understand and present the Protegrity Value Proposition to a variety of customer, prospect, partner and internal contacts.
- Prospect and follow up on leads and contacts from marketing activities and events.
- Ability to leverage key programs, relationships, technology and personnel to move sales to closure.
- Interact with a diverse group of people in order to gather knowledge from a variety of sources to assist with winning the deal.
- Help identify and communicate the match between requirements with the best Protegrity solution.
- Manage RFI & RFPs and the sales process.
- Manage new and existing account relationships.
- Documenting and updating SalesForce as required.
- Travel as required (up to 50%).
- Other duties as may be appropriate and applicable.
- At least 5 years of documented sales experience in a complex sales environment
- Exceptionally strong presenter and persuader
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with diverse personalities
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of the role of technology in solving business issues and improving ROI
- Excellent ability to guide team to adopt and present correct solution
- 4 Year degree from accredited academic institution
- Travel (approximately 25% to 50%)
- Previous selling or inside/presales experience of security solutions
- Previous selling or inside/presales experience of database solutions
- Previous software sales experience
- Experience with PCI, HIPPA, Sarbanes-Oxley and/or California 1386.
Indeed - 17 months ago